Taylor Swift Fan Thread

bswanson

If she is nominated next year for All Too Well and Red (TV) for the main categories, she’ll be going head-to-head with other Grammy favorite Adele. IDK who comes out on top there.

I think she could score some nominations in the Country categories with I Bet You Think About Me. Not only since it features country singer Chris Stapleton, but it’s one of the songs that she’s promoting so I definitely see her submitting it in those categories.

Edited by *Amanda

I agree with Bogo I'd rather see her win next year with Red(tv) and more importantly All Too Well10 which deserves a Grammy as much as anything she's ever done. Although I think I read somewhere that she wouldn't submit any of the re-recordings for Grammys hopefully she reconsiders. Not to mention it will be tough up against Adele next year.

I know she didn’t submit Fearless TV because it was released so soon after evermore. Which makes sense. Fearless got its Grammy moment with 4 wins for the original album, while evermore was a brand new album that had a great reception from the critics like its sister album. I understand why she submitted evermore only for these Grammys.

I haven’t read anything about her deciding not to submit Red TV or any of the other upcoming re-recordings for Grammys yet though. :unsure: 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

I know Taylor didn’t submit Fearless (TV) because it had basically already won and she wanted to focus on evermore, like someone said, but I haven’t heard anything about her not submitting any of the re-records. I think it makes sense not to submit the ones that already won (Fearless, 1989), but I feel like she’ll want to submit the ones that she really wanted to win that didn’t (Red, rep). Speak Now may not get submitted since it did win 2 awards, just not for the album. And she could possibly submit debut as well since it’s her only album not to receive any nominations. I think if there’s any re-recording she’ll submit its Red though, she wanted the original album to win so badly. At the very least I think they’ll submit ATW for SOTY. 

Oh yeah, she was really upset that Red didn’t win and that was the catalyst for her to fully embrace pop and make something more sonically cohesive for Grammy-winning 1989 (I believe she says this in the Grammy Listening Session for 1989? The videos are on YouTube)

I think the move she goes with is to submit the re-recordings for albums that didn’t get an AOTY win (Red lost, Rep and Speak Now only got nominations in the genre categories but didn’t win, debut was never nominated).

All Too Well SOTY is definitely the way to go.  It’s perfect for the SOTY category and if that doesn’t earn her a win in that category, IDK what will.

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1