Video Game Rankdown Pt. 2

Deeee

Splatoon 2

IPB Image

So I have said, I don't like shooters. This is one of the shooter games that I think would enjoy. Splatoon 2 has you playing as the inklings, who's paint guns allow for them to leave splatters everywhere they shoot. The game play looks light-hearted and enjoyable. Its a different experience then I have seen in other shooters. This game allows you to get jetpacks and other interesting items that allow you to battle it out on multi-platform stages. You can play this single-player or multiplayer (up to two teams of four). This game is one of the best selling so far on the switch and most reviewers are very satisfied with the game. The 9 million copies it has sold speaks to the commercial success the game has had.

New Super Mario Bros

IPB Image

Even though I love many Mario games, I haven't played all of them. The whole New Super series are some of the games that I haven't played and I'm not really attached to even if I would probably enjoy them. New Super Mario Bros is a 2D side-scrolling platform game that was first released in 2006 for the Nintendo DS. Like most Mario games the main goal is to rescue Princess Peach, however it is Bowser Jr. who has her kidnapped this time. Mario must navigate through a numerous worlds in order to save Princess Peach. The player can play as either Mario or Luigi and similar to previous games, they can collect coins, stomp on enemies and break blocks. Some of the new features in the game are the introduction of the Blue Koopa Shell, the Mega Mushroom and the Mini-Mushroom. The game received positive reviews by critics but there was some criticism due to its simplicity and lack of innovation. New Super Mario Bros has sold an outstanding figure of 30,800,000 copies which make it not only the best selling Nintendo DS game but also the 11th best selling game of all time, a fact that I was surprised to learn about.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

IPB Image

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a follow-upl to New Super Mario Bros which I just posted a bit ago :teehee:. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a 2.5D side-scrolling platforming game that was released for the Wii in 2009. The plot of the game revolves around Princess Peach being kidnapped again to the surprise of no one by Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the first Super Mario game to include cooperative multiplayer gameplay meaning that up to four players were able to play at once, as either Mario, Luigi and two different colored Toads. Another new thing was the Super Guide that helps players ME, guiding them in the worlds and helping them complete them. The game was again well received by critics with praise to the multiplayer aspect of the game but again criticized by the lack new content. The game sales were also very successful and as of today has sold 30,280,000 copies making it the 4th best selling Wii game ever and the 12th best selling game of all time.

Resident Evil 2 (2019)

IPB Image

Resident Evil 2 is a survival horror game that was released early this year for the PS4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows. It is a remake of the game Resident Evil 2 that was first released in 1998 for the PS1. Resident Evil 2 is considered by many to be the best game in the Resident Evil series and one of the best games of all time so that is probably the reason why a remake was developed. I've never played this game, the remake or any Resident Evil game so I can't comment on how good it is. The game follows the story of police officer Leon and college student Claire as they make their way in a Raccoon City that is filled with lots of zombies due to Umbrella's T-Virus leak during the events of Resident Evil 1. The game let the players to do the main campaign as either Claire or Leon with the story having some variations depending on who you choose to play as. Some changes from the original game include over-the-shoulder third play shooter gameplay and the ability to save the game as many times you want in the Standard mode. If you complete the main campaign with both characters the true ending of the story will be unlocked. The game received critical acclaim much like the original one with a 93 on Metacritic and also did pretty great with sales with 4.7 million copies sold worldwide as of today.
Edited by reimaldonado

Resident Evil 2 (2019)

rQgA7G-rxpk&t=158s

Rei did a good job on the write up. It's just always better when someone has experienced the game. (Whether they love it or hate it)

I'm going to start with the 2 downsides of this game. The first one, they did on purpose. Getting head shots really doesn't help you much. It can still take several to take a zombie down. Because it's survival horror, you aren't supposed to be killing everything in sight. It's still annoying though. :*

The other downside if the A/B scenarios. They were lazy. The original killed it in this aspect. The remake was disappointing. You can't have Claire and Leon fight the same bosses in the same spots. Come on now. For anyone confused Claire A/Leon B is canon. #kthxbye

As Rei mentioned, RE2 is one of the most popular games ever. This remake does it justice. Remakes aren't easily accepted and people love this game. That should highlight it's high quality. Mr. X is completely terrifying in this game. You are just minding your own business and he always ruins everything. Mr. X really makes me wish they will remake Nemesis. :shiver:

The atmosphere, the music, everything makes this game so stressful. In the best way possible of course.

If Sola wants to do a write-up for Stardew Valley I will not oppose. ^_^

you cut it, you do it. :*

:haha:

I will just revive it, so you don't have to put in the work. I was going to save sacrifice for FF14 next round, but maybe I suppose I can do it now and take a chance that FF14 might not get cut in the next level.

Using Sacrifice on Stardew Valley.

Tekken 4

IPB Image

I love Tekken 3 so much but I must admit that I haven't really kept up with the rest of the series and I really can't remember if I have played Tekken 4 or not. Tekken 4 is fighting video game that was first released in 2001 as an Arcade and in 2002 for the PS2. Tekken 4 take place two years after the King of Iron Fist Tournament 3 and it revolves around the revival of Kazuya who died 20 years prior, as he enters the the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 to take back the Mishima Zaibatsu. The game follows the same gameplay as previous Tekken game where two characters fight each other and two round must be won in order to defeat your opponent. Some new features included, that the players could now maneuver around in the arena interacting with walls and objects to inflict more damage. The roster of this game included 23 characters with 6 of them being new: Christie Monteiro, Combot, Craig Marduk, Miharu Hirano, Steve Fox and Violet. However you should pay with Ling Xiaoyu and Lei Wulong cause they are the bests :* . Tekken 4 received great reviews and was considered by some critics as the best fighting game of 2002. Like I said I love Tekken 3 and to be honest if it was Tekken 3 against Crash Team Racing I would have saved Tekken 3 but it wasn't and I do love CTR so this is an easy cut at this point.
Edited by reimaldonado

I'm good. ^_^

:ermm: I have seen your Disney write ups and I know how good they are. You can put together 100 words for stardew.

If you don't, I'll do it after Nico posts his so that it's at least the highest ranking game of this round.

Stardew Valley

IPB Image

I am proud I was able to bring this game as far as I have. It is one of my favorite games ever. Stardew Valely is a farming simulator and the last one remaining in the rankdown. I must be the only fan, of it in the game, so I hope that i can convince some of you to try it in the near future.

IPB Image

Stardew Valley was released in early 2016 by indie developer ConcernedApe, and he is still producing updates for the game. Initially it was just a solo game, taking strides at making a better version of the Harvest Moon Series. It set itself apart by returning to 2D pixel graphics and has become one of the most addictive games I have ever played, sinking hundreds of hours into the game. The game has now included a multiplayer format, and the next map will include a new map.

IPB Image

You start out as a Man or Woman that quits there day job and inherits your grandfathers farm in the Stardew Valley. The map isn't always the same either, you have a choice between 4 starting farms. The place is a dump however, and you inherit your grandfathers rusted old tools. The town isn't exactly flourishing, but the evil JojaMart corporation wants to move in and industrialize the area. After meeting the mayor, you are taken around the city. There is a beach, a woodlands area, a cave and later on a dessert. One of the big goals of the game is to gather, or grow items to repair the community center. For every piece that is repaired more of the game is unlocked.

IPB Image

This game also has a leveling system. In addition to growing better quality crops and upgrading tools, you can increase your skills in foraging, mining, farming, fishing and combat. Unlocking additional perks along the way. As you grow these skills, you gain the ability to craft items using materials around your farm. You get hue quality of like improvements such as sprinklers (so you don't have to water your crosp every day), storage containers and slime hatching machines.

IPB Image

The game allows you to invest heavily in relationships, whether it is the hobo Linus, or the Wizard, each person in the Valley has there own story to tell. Stardew Valley has allowed kept up with the times allowing either gender to romance men or women, leaving you with 7 options of each gender to flirt with, marry and have a family with. Whether your tastes are a video game chick, an emo computer developer, the farm girl or drunk, there is someone out there for everyone. Every one of these relationships have events that occur as your friendships grow.

IPB Image

There is no excuse not to try Stardew Valley, its inexpensive and available on all major platforms presently. Its simple and addictive. So download it, turn your dump farm into a masterpiece and thank me later. Don't forget to visit Hats, or fill your museum up with all of the possible collectibles!

Mortal Kombat 3

IPB Image

Damn this game has been eliminated a lot. It has been revived twice already, and likely a third time soon. The game featured 14 characters, with 1 returning character. You will find favorites like: Sub-Zero, Sonya, Jax and Liu Kang. Newcomers to the series included Sheeva, Sindel, Sektor, Stryker, Cyrax, Kabal and Nightwolf. This was a good game and I played it in the arcade. Looking back at it now, was Scorption not in this roster? Weird. You can play bosses Motaro and Shao Khan through cheat codes on the Super Nintendo addition. This is the third Mortal Kombat game in the series.

Consider this as a main write up if you will in place of Nicos. If not, consider it the fourth write up for this game as a bonus. Or the next write up it gets when I cut it after it returns. :haha: