SCD Series 17 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

Such disappointing news. :(

Alesha remaining the best and most unproblematic winner :wub: :wub:

But yeah Caroline was my #2 so this sucks. :(

Quueen Alesha. :wub:

Caroline was probably around..... my 5th favorite winner? Love her but loved 4 others more.

Pretty predictable picks, hopefully Kelvin can get a full house in all of his dances and become the first to get a 40 in the Rumba and the second to get a 40 in the Samba.

Fingers crossed for this as I think this could be very possible to happen.

Will we know the winner tomorrow? :shiver:

Yes ma'am. :yes:

I Just watched the last Strictly: It Takes Two episode and it was a super emotional one as the last one always is, with great interviews from the Final 3. :bye2: Here it is on YT for those that may want to watch.

ms7z6EinzV4

Their interview… Karim & Amy @ 2:00, Emma & Anton @ 15:47, Kelvin & Oti @ 37:35. The Friday celeb panel all predicts Kelvin & Oti to win so fingers crossed!

The couples Favorite Dances reprisals. which was already posted but some thoughts:

- Karim & Amy will reprise their Jive (Week 11).

- Emma & Anton will reprise their Viennese Waltz (Week 4).

- Kelvin & Oti will reprise their Samba (Week 1).

Karim’s Jive was an epic dance so an obvious pick for his favorite. I’m kinda glad Emma went with her VW as that was her first really good dance and a slower dance to show a different side. Although kinda sad Emma W will lose the highest scoring VW title now. Ooh wow Kelvin picking his Week 1 dance is crazy but his Samba was a crowd pleasing Surprise but an amazing Week 1 dance, so hmmm I wonder if this could be the 2nd perfect scoring Samba.

Then some info on the show dances (where rehearsal footage is on the Strictly Insta Stories):

- Kelvin’s has a fusion of many styles including: Lindy Hop, Jive, Charleston, Quickstep and (Argentine) Tango.

- Emma has a Fred & Ginger type number

- Karim’s is Contemporary with some ballroom and Latin elements

Whoops I forgot about Kara yesterday who’s my #2 winner. Caroline was still up there though. :haha:

Excited for tonight. To be honest, I’m happy whichever way the result goes - while Emma is also my last pick to win, I do really like her and would be happy for her if she won because there’s been a few routines of hers I’ve really enjoyed.

But yeah, a Kelvin/Oti win seems likely I think, and it would be totally deserving, also Oti deserves her trophy!! Mostly rooting for Karim/Amy however know with their two dance-offs it’s the least likely..but can’t wait to see their routines this week. Probably won’t be able to watch live but will be keeping an eye on results and all talk here! :w00t: :shiver:

Time for some more weekly Youtube stats! :teehee:

SCD Series 17, Week 12 - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Saturday 12/14 @ 11:40 AM)

1. Kelvin & Oti - Quickstep: 238,533 views / 2,345 likes / 61 dislikes

2. Kelvin & Oti - Paso Doble: 162,429 views / 1,411 likes / 40 dislikes

3. Karim & Amy - Argentine Tango: 102,327 views / 957 likes / 41 dislikes

4. Karim & Amy - American Smooth: 95,091 views / 1,142 likes / 32 dislikes

5. Emma & Anton - Cha-Cha: 77,205 views / 653 likes / 34 dislikes

6. Emma & Anton - Waltz: 51,267 views / 699 likes / 16 dislikes

7. Chris & Karen - Rumba: 51,267 views / 421 likes / 26 dislikes

8. Chris & Karen - Viennese Waltz: 43,957 views / 410 likes / 19 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Kelvin & Oti - Quickstep

2. Kelvin & Oti - Paso Doble

3. Karim & Amy - American Smooth

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Chris & Karen - Viennese Waltz

2. Chris & Karen - Rumba

3. Emma & Anton - Cha-Cha

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Kelvin & Oti - Quickstep

2. Karim & Amy - Argentine Tango

3. Kelvin & Oti - Paso Doble

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Emma & Anton - Waltz

2. Chris & Karen - Viennese Waltz

3. Chris & Karen - Rumba

SCD Series 17, Top 10 Most Viewed Dances - Youtube Views

(Updated at: Saturday 12/14 @ 11:50 AM)

1. Saffron & AJ - Tango [Week 1]: 1,369,670 views / 20,984 likes / 973 dislikes

2. Saffron & AJ - Cha-Cha [Week 2]: 969,022 views / 14,690 likes / 408 dislikes

3. Kelvin & Oti - Samba [Week 1]: 949,057 views / 8,302 likes / 120 dislikes

4. Saffron & AJ - Paso Doble [Week 3]: 869,116 views / 13,694 likes / 232 dislikes

5. Karim & Amy - Jive [Week 11]: 784,359 views / 11,707 likes / 226 dislikes

6. Saffron & AJ - Foxtrot [Week 5]: 744,028 views / 13,021 likes / 241 dislikes

7. Saffron & AJ - Jive [Week 6]: 670,838 views / 9,762 likes / 226 dislikes

8. Dev & Dianne - Street [Week 3]: 660,310 views / 9,379 likes / 130 dislikes

9. Kelvin & Oti - Jive [Week 9]: 640,191 views / 5,647 likes / 124 dislikes

10. Michelle & Giovanni - Cha-Cha [Week 1]: 593,669 views / 8,056 likes / 111 dislikes

Top 3 Likes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Tango

2. Saffron & AJ - Cha-Cha

3. Saffron & AJ - Paso Doble

Bottom 3 Likes:

1. Kelvin & Oti - Jive

2. Michelle & Giovanni - Cha-Cha

3. Kelvin & Oti - Samba

Top 3 Dislikes:

1. Saffron & AJ - Tango

2. Saffron & AJ - Cha-Cha

3. Saffron & AJ - Foxtrot

Bottom 3 Dislikes:

1. Michelle & Giovanni - Cha-Cha

2. Kelvin & Oti - Samba

3. Kelvin & Oti - Jive

Whoops I forgot about Kara yesterday who’s my #2 winner. Caroline was still up there though. :haha:

Excited for tonight. To be honest, I’m happy whichever way the result goes - while Emma is also my last pick to win, I do really like her and would be happy for her if she won because there’s been a few routines of hers I’ve really enjoyed.

But yeah, a Kelvin/Oti win seems likely I think, and it would be totally deserving, also Oti deserves her trophy!! Mostly rooting for Karim/Amy however know with their two dance-offs it’s the least likely..but can’t wait to see their routines this week. Probably won’t be able to watch live but will be keeping an eye on results and all talk here! :w00t: :shiver:

Aww poor Kara. She's my #2 fave winner too. But ah I understand. :lol:

Yesss your Kelvin/Oti comments! Definitely rooting for them to win Kelvin does really deserve it and has been super great and consistent all series long. Oti is an amazing choreographer/teacher and is long overdue for that win. Sooo I do hope they get it.

Rooting for Karim & Amy for the win tonight but fully expecting it to be Kelvin and Oti. But just thankful that I get to see Karim and Amy do all three dances all of which should be really good.

Yess to these Karim & Amy comments.

I want and think Kelvin deserves it especially after being low-balled by the judges and IDF all season.

It's interesting you say this because Kelvin still has the highest scores/average, based on the judges scores and IDF scores. Although I do get the point of what you're saying.

I thought other than the occasional low score Kelvin was loved here. :dead: It feels like we've had two IDF It Guys this season instead of It Girls. :lol:

Ok but it's still shitty. :)

I am not saying Kelvin isn't liked around here but people have robbed him of his good scores so yes I want him to win. :)

Kevlin has been robbed of a perfect score by IDF for one of the best quicksteps ever, it's not cool. I said what I said wallace.

Ooo ah yeah I know that was what you were saying and I do agree with you that his Quickstep did deserve a perfect score on here. :yes:

I thought other than the occasional low score Kelvin was loved here. :dead: It feels like we've had two IDF It Guys this season instead of It Girls. :lol:

Ahh yesss to this. :haha:

sorry I confused you with Wallace who was disagreeing with me :(

Ooh wait, but I wasn't entirely disagreeing with you. :dead: :bleh:

Only Karim and Kelvin's pictures are showing up which is so fitting. :wub:

LMAO I know it came off as shade but totally didn't mean it as that. :dead::haha:

Show starting now! :w00t:

IPB Image

Pic of the Top 3 in their Favorite Dances outfits

Pic of the Top 3 in the Judges Choice round: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Dpl6klbwJ/

And a pic of Taylor Swift and pros dancing in her performance I would assume (AJ, Dianne, Luba, Janette, Aljaz, Graziano): https://www.instagram.com/p/B6D_QK_lkvB/

Loved the opening group dance to “Higher Love.” :w00t: SO good and fun! :D

I am most excited for Kelvin's dances but I am sure all 3 will have a strong night with the dances they have :wub:

Same! Hoping for an amazing night all around!

is there a show tomorrow or tonight the finale?

Only tonight. 2 hour show with 3 dances from each couple, Taylor Swift performance, a group dance with the past celebs and then results by the end of it.