The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

CYCLE TEN

340?cb=20181103125801

@Deeee @FrogLenzen @vee_ @Zoey0069 @*Lily

Condragulations, rankers!

After nine cycles of intense and extremely questionable game play,

we've reached the round that everyone simultaneously looks forward to and dreads...

The Final Cut™.

Most seasons of Drag Race have a Top 14, as well as our first rankdown. 

There are 19 queens left. There are five rankers. I think the math is obvious.

For this round, you will each get to cut one Queen of your choosing from the eligible list.

However, because I'm feeling nice even if none of you deserve it, you will get one immunity.

The queen you choose will earn a spot in the Top 14, but it comes with a cost.

Whichever queen you give immunity to must be ranked 14th in your final ranking.

@Deeee and @*Lily earned advantages earlier in this rankdown that they chose not to use.

As such, their advantage has carried over until now.

They will each get their choice of either choosing a second immunity (that must be ranked 13th/14th alongside their first pick),

or they can stick to one immunity and have free reign over where to rank them in the final vote.

You will each have until 8:00 PM Eastern time tomorrow to post your immunities.

If you elect not to use an immunity, just simply state as such.

If you do not post an immunity and have not stated your desire to not have one,

I myself will choose one. 😘

Once all 5-7 immunities are posted, the final cuts will commence.

Edited by Elliott

BeBe Zahara Benet (Season 1)

giphy.gif

"I want to win this because there is pride and dignity in what we do. Dressing up for a living does not make us less of a man."

The very first winner. Our first Drag Queen Superstar. Miss Cameroon!

Listen. I love BeBe Zahara Benet and think she made for a fine inaugural winner. But do I think she is the strongest queen of the first season? Absolutely not. Nina Flowers and Ongina were both stronger contestants imo. This does not mean that BeBe was a weak contestant, quite the opposite actually.

Queens of All Media. Mac Viva-Glam. Absolut Drag Ball. 

BeBe won the first challenge, placed high for the second challenge, and won the third challenge. That means BeBe won the first ever Ball Challenge on RPDR! All of these placements were well-deserved imo. However, I felt BeBe was middle-of-the-road or near the bottom every other week. She landed in the bottom against Ongina after the Drag School of Charm challenge - AKA the first Makeover Challenge. I think she lost the lip-sync to Ongina, but Ru clearly loved BeBe and wanted her to win the entire competition.

I mean, RuPaul literally scouted BeBe and convinced her to join the cast personally. So anybody else winning the season was literally never going to happen. 

I loved her personality. I think she is glamorous on the runway. And she is a very talented queen that clearly wanted to win and bring home the victory for her country of Cameroon. I think she is a great winner, but was outclassed by Nina Flowers and Ongina nearly every step of the way. That is why I am choosing to eliminate her, as I do not think she is as strong of a winner as I would have liked her to be.

SAVING: Adore Delano (Season 6)

Remaining 19 Queens:

Jujubee S2

Manila Luzon S3

Alexis Mateo S3

Sharon Needles S4

Jinkx Monsoon S5

Bianca Del Rio S6

Adore Delano S6

Courtney Act S6

Katya AS2

Alyssa Edwards AS2

Tatianna AS2

Shea Coulée S9

Shangela AS3

Aquaria S10

Kameron Michaels S10

Monique Heart AS4

Naomi Smalls AS4

Divina de Campo UK1
Cheryl Hole UK1

Edited by FrogLenzen

On 1/26/2020 at 8:24 PM, Elliott said:

Unfortunately I can't find any cached or archived version of last year's rankdown to get the full rankings for everyone, but Google Images did turn up this graphic for the Top 14 that Naomi Smalls was unfortunately a part of:

Lk4FTV1.png

@Deeee

Everyone with a duplicate (at the time, since this was pre-AS4) was their most recent iteration except Manila, who was represented by her S3 iteration and Katya, who made it twice.

Edited by Elliott

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

This is hard. There's a handful of queens who I want safely in the Top 14 that I also don't really want to win.

You have to rank your immunity 14th, so whichever one you advance will automatically have at least one last-place ranking. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Dee when has to rank Katya at #13:

feb-02-2018-1220.gif

Katya and Manila are my all-time faves. They both won last year. I had that magnificent moment, so I can handle ranking them at the bottom this year. 🤎

dragracewinners.jpg

Here is our updated winners chart with BeBe, Jujubee, Sharon and Shea heading into the final cut round. Sharon reclaims her S4 win from last year's rankdown, while Shea and BeBe get their first. Jujubee and Raven won S2/AS1 last year, but I can't remember who won which one. :haha: 

FINALES:

S1: BeBe Zahara Benet, Shannel, Nina Flowers

S2: Jujubee, Raven, Tatianna

S4: Sharon Needles, Willam, Latrice Royale

AS1: Raven, Jujubee, Chad Michaels/Shannel

S5: Jinkx Monsoon, Roxxxy Andrews, Coco Montrese

S7: Katya, Violet Chachki, Pearl

S8: Bob the Drag Queen, Naomi Smalls, Chi Chi DeVayne

S9: Shea Coulée, Sasha Velour, Nina Bo'nina Brown, Valentina

AS3: Shangela, BeBe Zahara Benet, Aja, Trixie Mattel

S11: Brooke Lynn Hytes, Vanessa "Vanjie" Mateo, A'Keria C. Davenport, Yvie Oddly

Last year's Top 14:

01. Katya & Manila Luzon
03. Bianca Del Rio
04. Alyssa Edwards
05. Shangela
06. Jinkx Monsoon
07. Kim Chi
08. Katya (S7) & Bob the Drag Queen
10 & 11. Alaska or Tatianna

12, 13 or 14. Miz Cracker
12 or 13. Sharon Needles
12, 13 or 14. Naomi Smalls

The bottom three is correct, but I can't 100% remember which order they ranked I forgot who was first between Alaska and Tatianna, but I think it was Tatianna since everyone except Megan and I ranked Alaska in their bottom three while Tatianna's rankings were more spread out. The top five was definitely that order, and I remember Katya and Bob tying for 8th. Since Kim Chi won S8 initially and Jinkx narrowly missed out on the Top 5, I put them at 6 and 7 too.

Edited by Elliott