The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

I rarely do this but I posted this in the main Drag Race thread and thought it'd be worth posting here too if that's okay. And if people would be interested. :haha:

Just now, *Lily said:

I was thinking of doing a redo-style game on the games forum if people would be interested? Probably starting back from Season 1 and having IDF rank the contestants each week based on challenges/runways (and hypothetically with those who last longer than they did on the real show). Then have a vote on the lip-sync each week. I feel like since the judges' have had their fair share of messy decision making over the seasons it could be fun. :haha:

• Like 2

CYCLE NINE

Season 1 1X3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Welcome back rankers, and it's time for the final set of nominations that you will each be doing. We will be losing 20 queens in this cycle, which will bring us down to 19 queens following the last cut. For this cycle, you will be nominating 8 queens of your choosing. The remaining four rankers will each cut one queen and save another. You have 30 minutes to get your write-up posted if you post your cut/save first. You are allowed one refresh, and it will extend your time to 15 additional minutes. After 18 hours, the nominator is allowed to stage a takeover. After an additional 9 hours, any nominator is free to stage a takeover. You will be allowed to nominate anyone who was saved in the previous round.

NOMINATION ORDER:

01. @FrogLenzen

02. @Deeee

03. @Zoey0069

04. @vee_

05. @*Lily

giphy.gif

VALENTINA (S9)

I have nothing against Valentina but this is actually just so I can save Nina (who I'm not really a big fan of but from the list, I prefer her the most). Anyway, Valentina came in the workroom looking sweet and innocent. BUT SHE ISN'T. She's a calculated hoe who loved acting like a victim. Honestly, I'm lazy to write a writeup about Valentina :lmao: But yeah, she's a talented queen there's no denying that but in this season she tried so hard to act like she's an angel when she's not. Thank God she embraced her true self after the season and people loved her for it. Anyway, she is slayed some runways for sure and one of my favourites from her is her white bridal look and probably her lingerie look if she could've worn better stockings that match her skin tone because that would be a perfect slay in my opinion. Without Valentina, we would've not gotten the iconic, "You're a model..." "...you look like Linda Evangelista..."  "...they eat her up!" from Aja. Also, Farrah's, "You don't love me." 🤣 There is also the, "I'd like to keep it on please" Greedy lipsync. Valentina served great television too so she left a mark in the fandom that's for sure. I'm cutting this short and just posting some videos. Bye Valentina!

Edited by vee_

sassy logo tv GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Latrice Royale (S4)

I’m cutting Latrice S4 for pretty much the same reason I cut Latrice AS4. Her drag just hasn’t evolved like other queens. It was fine during S4 but this is when queens started to push the boundaries and I found Latrice to be lagging behind everyone else. I understand it’s harder to dress when you’re a bigger size because you can’t always use the silhouettes you’d like to but there are ways to get around that. Look at Eureka! She had some amazing looks.

I’ve never really been a fan of Latrice’s personality. I understand she’s older, she’s probably wiser and she’s been through some experiences that other people might not have been but she always came across as entitled. I didn’t see the Latrice that everyone else did and gave the Miss Congeniality crown to. Her scolding and overreaction of Snatch Game was the tipping point for me. It was a huge drama over pretty much nothing. She could’ve taken Kenya and Jiggly (Phi Phi actually wasn’t that bad in comparison) to a side to have a word with them but she did it in front of everyone to make a scene. I get it’s a reality show and that’s what she was probably made to do by the producers but it was such an eye roll moment. I’d personally have S4 Latrice much lower but you guys have dragged her this high.. above the likes of Violent Chachki, Pearl and Kim Chi. Massively judging you all right now.

Saving Willam

Edited by Zoey0069

38 minutes ago, vee_ said:

I agree a little bit with Zoey. This is the evolution of Latrice that she needed to do but sadly didn't:

latrice-runway.gif

The only look of hers that I remember (apart from the horrific “animal print” dress.  

34 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Ugh me looking for that latrice outfit made me remember of this horrendous one 🤮

monique-runway.gif

I loved this. 🤭

Valentina (AS4)

all stars season 4 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I’ve helped keep Valentina long enough here but she’s the easier cut in the remaining nominations for me. I know Valentina’s a divisive personality but I love her and all of her extraness. She is a great character and I wish she put in a better performance on All-Stars as she did kinda struggle in the last few episodes.

Episode 2 in particular was definitely her shining moment. In the girl group challenge, she had the strongest performance, slayed the “Into You” lip-sync (was Monét even there?) and then sent home Farrah. After this she struggled to live up to her potential - she appeared in the bottom three times (for Snatch Game, which should have been Monét/Latrice instead IMO, for the mess of a Lady Bunny roast, and for the now-iconic Club 96). She surprised me in the Jersey Justice challenge which I thought she’d do poorly at but I actually really enjoyed her.

Whilst Valentina wasn’t always the strongest competitor, she had plenty of great moments in her confessionals, and in the workroom. I’m obsessed with the French Vanilla Fantasy she lives in. We got a taste of it in S9 and we got to see it in full for AS4 :wub: I’m pleasantly surprised for her making it to this point but at this point she is a fair cut.

saving Asia O’Hara