American Idol S22 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame - Top 14 Discussion

istersay

1 hour ago, rockerannah said:

This is a genuine questions - not trying to start anything. 

Why do people not like Kayko? 

While I don’t dislike Kayko quite as much as other people here do, I dislike him because he’s a mediocre singer.  I think he’s got potential as a songwriter, but not as a singer.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

I think he’s a mid singer and not a good songwriter. He’s also kinda cringey

8 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

While I don’t dislike Kayko quite as much as other people here do, I dislike him because he’s a mediocre singer.  I think he’s got potential as a songwriter, but not as a singer.

I admit he isn't he best vocalist but there's something about his voice/performances that make me yearn for my emo high school years lol. I like his original songs actually. I have been listening to his Poser EP a lot and def am into it. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BlkCountryFan said:

Somebody over on Reddit said that Abi ripped off Sara Bareilles's version of that Elton John song. 

Doesn't this happen kind of often? Some people had beef w/ Jena Irene doing Christina Grimmie & Ingrid Michaelson's "Can't Help Falling in Love." And we all know how many folks credit David Cook for his version of Billie Jean.

9 hours ago, rockerannah said:

This is a genuine questions - not trying to start anything. 

Why do people not like Kayko? 

I'm not sure I would say he's a bad songwriter. But the style is a bit too on the nose for me, if that makes sense? People seem to like it though and that seems to be the main reason he has fans, so good for him

Vocally, i dont really care that he's not the most technically gifted (i mean, jennifer was one of my favourites!) But I can't think  of a performance that doesn't have iffy moments. He's consistently one of the weaker vocals every week.

Luke falling on his back looked painful. At least he seemed to take it in stride. Hopefully he can get enough rest to heal well.

I am happy they will have a Mandisa tribute next week.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, QueenCami said:

i should probably stop with the hate bc i could totally see him performing an original of hate comments he’s received 

Madilyn Bailey says hi.

I was gonna try to write my thoughts for each of these performances, but the only thing that I really had to say of any note was the following:

1. Why did Luke Bryan have to ruin a John Mellancamp song?

2. What are they trying to do with Jack's hair? - he doesn't need bangs.

3. KB sounded great but she looked so uncomfortable.