Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Far be it for me to complain about any DCOMs being cut in this game, but Stick to the Status Quo should've been the last one standing.

Disagree :giggle: 

REMAINING
The Silly Song (The Dwarfs' Yodel Song) (Snow White)**

Painting the Roses Red (Alice in Wonderland)

The Gospel Truth 1/Main Title (Hercules)**

Down in New Orleans (Princess and the Frog)

Girl Power (Cheetah Girls)**

What I've Been Looking For (HSM)

Bop To The Top (HSM)**

Breaking Free (HSM)

**Currently claimed.

8 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Shoutout to Phil Dunphy who knows all the dances to High School Musical and may be disappointed in this cut

I also know all the dances. I had to perform this one for High School Theater Awards lol

• Like 1

The Silly Song (The Dwarfs' Yodel Song)

As a fan of the remaining DCOM songs, of course this round is going to be a disaster for me and I knew it would be but it is what it is. :/ The song I am choosing to cut is "The Silly Song (The Dwarfs' Yodel Song)" from the 1937 film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Well this wouldn't have quite been my ideal cut but at the same time, I am fine with this song going. But OMGG this song/scene has that hilarious clip of Snow White clapping at 0:20. I remember seeing gifs of it and I was obsessed with it.  :haha: This is a really cute, fun and cheeky song with the 7 dwarfs having so much fun playing in their band and singing along - and showing off their personality and character traits here. It's not one of my very favorite standouts from Snow White but I do enjoy it. And I think this is a good spot for this song to make it to at this stage of the game. 

Saving: Bop To The Top 

Girl Power

I see we are cutting the DCOM movies this round.  I will help!  I have seen the first Cheetah Girls like a decade ago.  My sister used to really enjoy them.  This is the final Cheetah Girl's song in the rankdown.  I am surprised that Wally decided not to save this.  This song has done a great job.  It's Top 70 and it's just now getting cut.  This is in large part to Wally, who I know has saved it at least once and I am sure has probably given immunity.  I am too lazy to look, but I will just assume.  The video looks like its cut from the movie.  It seems like the girls are auditioning for some executives. I am listening to the song again and it is good, I just can't really justify keeping it over anything else I see nominated.  Sorry Wally.

Save: The Gospel Truth

• Sad 1

What I've Been Looking For (High School Musical)

A cut to make "Bop to the Top" or "Breaking Free" the last HSM song left. Also I'm pretty sure that there's no way every HSM song is getting cut this round so at least this can help. And "Painting the Roses Red" is not the best Disney song (or maybe even Top 70) but I think it's a pretty iconic moment in Disney. I don't think this is the best Ryan and Sharpay duet in HSM ("Bop to the Top" is) but it's cute. Obviously Ryan and Sharpay have to like take all the romance out of all these songs because Disney was either like "we've gotta lean in to incest or make Ryan a big gay" and they chose the second because they already did pseudo-incest with Life with Derek so it wasn't new to Disney anymore. This is cute, but I agree the time for camp is over (unless that camp was going to be "Bet On It" because we are in the Top 70.

Saving: Painting the Roses Red

Down in New Orleans

This was an easy decision. "Breaking Free" is my favorite song from the whole High School Musical franchise and I always thought that "Almost There" was easily the superior Princess and the Frog song. As someone who has always thought the whole High School Music franchise and soundtrack was kinda overrated I looooooove Breaking Free. The only other songs that can compete with this is "Start of Something New" and  Sharpays part "Stick to the Status Quo". Olivia Rodrigo and Joshua Bassett kinda ate with that song too. "Down in New Orleans"  song is fine i guess, but I don't know it's not very interesting. It just.... goes no where for me. I enjoy listening to Breaking Free much more. 

Save: Breaking Free

omg this is so fast:

Bop to the Top (HSM)
Breaking Free (HSM)
Remember Me (Coco)
Waiting on a Miracle (Encanto)
You’re Welcome (Moana)
Show Yourself (Frozen)
That’s How You Know (Enchanted)
The Gospel Truth (Hercules)
A Star is Born (Hercules)
Friend Like Me (Aladdin)