Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Nobody's Problems

"Nobody's Problems" is a song from the 1971 American musical fantasy film, Bedknobs & Broomsticks. I'm kinda surprised about that as I thought this was a film from much sooner from what I've been researching of the videos. Not sure if I said that before. "Nobody's Problems" is sung by Miss Eglantine Price (portrayed by Angela Lansbury). As expected, Miss Eglantine Price/Angela delivers a really beautiful and emotional vocal on this song. She sounds lovely on this. I don't know the context of the scene but she' singing the song from her heart while washing and rinsing dishes. I see that this was a deleted scene from the original movie? Is that true? 😮  Sadly, it's not really doing much or standing out as much for me as a whole, compared to many other songs here.

Saving: One Jump Ahead (Reprise) 

• Sad 1

Wild Uncharted Waters

6826f3978242d4f8e6c098eb77af8409

This image is from an article titled "The Little Mermaid fans are seriously divided over the remake's new songs". So I take it fans are divided over this song. Similar to Evermore which I already cut, this song was created for the Disney Prince to have a song. But like, who is watching these movie for the princes?? It's all about the princesses :kissbye:. I do like Eric in general, and the dimples are cute, but I certainly wasn't on the edge of my seat waiting for a song from Prince Eric. And this song is doing nothing to convince me he needed one. It's just a bland and forgettable ballad. I'm not anti-ballad in general, but a lot of them just blend together for me. Generally the "I want" songs. Oh Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote this. I'm kinda surprised, it sounds nothing like a typical LMM song.

Save Poor Jack

Spirit

maxresdefault.jpg

Not even Beyoncé can successfully convince me not to cut an unnecessary remake song. While I do like Spirit in general, I'm going with what we were given in the movie, not the single itself. The single is a 4 minute long power ballad. In the movie, it was short background music as Simba plans to return to Pride Rock in order to stop Scar. Beyoncé is very talented, I don't think I need to convince you of that. But did we need a Lion King remake? No, the original is so damn good on its own! I'm glad Spirit is another great song Beyoncé can add to her discography, but I can listen to it without thinking of the Disney movie. And since this is a Disney Song rankdown, I think it's unnecessary to continue on in the game, no matter how good the song itself is.

Save The Bells of Notre Dame (Reprise)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"I'M WISHING"

407fff99dd900181ab7c4d311b78f0ade6845fbf.gif

When it comes to "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", its soundtrack is not something that really defines the movie. While the film has songs like "Someday My Prince Will Come" and "Heigh-ho", this one is not as memorable as those two, despite it being one of the first songs heard in the movie - it's actually one of the first songs in the Disney Animated Canon. The song is sung by Snow White as she hears her echoes in the wells, and in return, this is the first time the Prince hears her sing while he's in the forest. In return, after creeping up on her, the Prince walks up to her to sing his own song entitled "One Song".  Anyway, "I'm Wishing" is not super memorable, and can be a bit repetitive, and out of the nominated songs, it's one that I am fine with cutting - some of the reprise songs being nominated do not deserve to be cut!

SAVING: FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER (REPRISE)

Johnny Appleseed

Lol I'll be honest, I was thinking of letting "Johnny Appleseed" be and survive as I didn't really care to do a second cut this round as I lost one of the few songs I cared about this round (I did 4 last round and I'm exhausted). I'm still in my feelings right now too. But I guess there is another song I like here - although I would have been fine with that going but eh I guess I'll save it.  Sorry to the "Johnny Appleseed" fans for considering sparing it and backtracking but I don't really care right now. So "Johnny Appleseed" is a song from the 1948 American live-action and animated musical anthology film, Melody Time. This film covers 7 different sections of stories all compromised in one film. There is a The Legend of Johnny Appleseed section of the film, which is where this song comes from. The song title does sound familiar to me but I can't really recall it. But listening to it now, it sounds like some super fast hillbilly bluegrass kind of song. It goes by SO fast and while it can be fun, it's also quite annoying to me too. Although lol chipmuck laughing at the lady trying to catch the apple with her mouth and hitting the guy on the nose with it and then tries to eat some apple desserts, is really cute. :haha: OOH that guy that went for the apple but went in for a kiss instead and got slapped by that lady... wow at that. 😮 But yeah that cute chipmunk is the highlight of the video. 

But LMAO Oops, I think I did a fail and wrote about the wrong song. :dead: I don't know what happened but I will keep my previous write-up I liked and worked so hard on, lol. OK I think this clip above is the real "Johnny Appleseed" song. It's nice, kinda pretty and an easy-going kind of the song. The character is singing nicely and picks and collects apple. Oh wow, he falls from climbing down the latter but manages to collect all of those apples. That's really impressive! 😮 Anyway, this is a nice song but doesn't have as much character or stand out amongst these songs. 

Saving: Who's Been Painting My Roses Red

Remaining

Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet (Make Mine Music)

Fun and Fancy Free (Fun & Fancy Free)

The Headless Horseman (Adventures of Ichabod)

My Own Home (Jungle Book)

The Journey (Rescuers)

Best of Friends (Fox & Hound)

Prince Ali (Reprise) (Aladdin)

Go The Distance (Reprise) (Hercules)

A Day in the Life (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen)

What Are You Waiting For? (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen)

Something to Believe In (Newsies)

Stupid Cupid (Princess Diaries)

Wild Side (Adventures of Babysitting)

The Goddess of Spring (Silly Symponies)

• Thanks 1

Stupid Cupid

If I had known this song would last SO LONG, I would have cut it back in the speed round. But back then I was like "well maybe somebody is a huge fan of The Princess Diaries, I don't want to be mean to that movie and I like Mandy Moore." But we are in like almost the end of round 2 and it's STILL HERE. So it's getting cut. It's not an original song. I don't know where it fits in the movie. It seems like it was added because people were running out of songs to add from like Saludos Amigos or the other WWII era Disney animated anthologies. Anyway, maybe in the movie or on the official soundtrack this song lasts longer. But again, it's not an original song and it doesn't really seem to be used for anything. Princess Diaries as a series is not a musical series. This is an easy cut right now.

Saving: The Best of Friends because apparently DEREK hates FRIENDSHIP

A Day in the Life

I think I saw Freaky Friday one time like when it came out. I'm sorry to dear friend @Elliott but I have no attachment to this movie. Wow what a weight off my chest. This sounds like a perfectly 2004 pop punk song but like Disney-fied. Which is exactly what it's going for. You know what song we should have included? "Get a Clue." From the DCOM Get a Clue. I should have added that. If some of you all are so attached to your DCOMs and also Lindsay Lohan, I'm surprised that it slipped under the radar. Because I think 20+ years later (throw me in the garbage lol) I could still sing along to all the words to that song. I had to go on a little Lindsay Lohan tangent because other than listening to this song I have no idea where it fits in the movie, I'm guessing it's supposed to echo the Freaky Friday body switch theme. IDK. It's gone.

Saving: The Headless Horseman

Remaining

The Journey (Rescuers)

What Are You Waiting For? (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen)

Something to Believe In (Newsies)

• Thanks 1

"SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN"

(NEWSIES : THE BROADWAY MUSICAL)

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f384e71655a6d79373431753249413d3d2d3437323333383337352e3134653634303565376132663230363435393035393037393135382e676966

Honestly, I've never seen the film version of "Newsies" as I doubt that Christian Bale's portrayal of Jack Kelly can live up to Jeremy Jordan's rendition of the character in the Broadway adaptation of the musical - I am a fan of anything that Jeremy Jordan touches. Typically, I would not have cut this song, but considering that it is only featured in the Broadway version of "Newsies", I am fine with cutting it. How did it manage to sneak into the rankdown and make it this far? I only realized its Broadway exclusivity as I was writing this write-up - I thought I was going to cut the movie version of the show up until this point. The song is a duet between Jack and Katherine, portrayed by Jeremy Jordan and Kara Lindsay, one of my Broadway favorites.  That being said, I've always loved this song, which serves as a love ballad between the two characters. Anyway, since this is a Disney Songs Rankdown for movie soundtracks, this song is getting cut from it. If this was allowed to be included in the rankdown, we should have been able to include other songs from Disney shows or other Disney musicals like "Home" from Beauty & The Beast or "Monster" from Frozen. Wait! Was it included in the rankdown because of the live stage version being released by Disney?  If that's the case, let's all forget about my little rant, but either way, it probably shouldn't have been included in the rankdown to begin with as it's hardly a Disney song. 

SAVING: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

• Like 1

REMAINING

The Journey (Rescuers)