Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Tiki Room

Tiki Room is a song(?) for Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.  When I search on youtube all I get are a bunch of Jungle noises, and no distinct songs. The themepark attraction Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room has tropical birds and tiki gods.  It's a polynesian paradise.  Seriously, how did we let this in the game, there is no song for it anywhere that I can find.   I found Hilary Duffs Tiki Tiki Room, though thats not what this song is, right?  Are we sure this is even a valid choice to be in the game?  Congrats on outlasting 150 other songs when this isn't even a song. 

Edit:  Apparently the song is actually called The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room.  that would have been helpful when searching, instead of getting 12, 15 and 20 minute videos about the attraction.  The song is still bad though.

Save: Love Power

Edited by Solaris

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Don't 🙂 me when I would have changed my cut for you.

I made my decisions just to lock in my saves, as I don't want to lose my saves (like last round).

would you have though?  I've seen no evidence! 😠

The Merrily Song 

"The Merrily Song" is from 1949 film, The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. I don't really have any connection to this movie nor can really recall seeing it or having much thoughts on it?  The video above, from the movie, features Mr. Toad riding the horse and they are singing "The Merrily Song." Wow their ride of.... wherever they are goingi s quite an adventure and WILD one. :haha: They are just crashing into so many places and going into water... and yeah just a lot is going on. :haha: The song is kinda funny but also kinda annoying the more it progresses?  I can see it being enjoyable to some or annoying to others. I don't reallly have much to say but sorry to the fans of this song for this cut. 

Saving: Cinderella

• Sad 1

Crazier

That's right, me, the biggest Gaylor on this forum cutting a Taylor Swift song. I haven't cut this song before like how I didn't nominate the Beyoncé song during my set. Loyalty. But you know what? It gets cut now because it was one of the easiest songs to type on my phone that I didn't care about. But more than that, it's easily in the like lower third if not 25% of my favorite Taylor Swift songs. And I know that I prefer more folksy Taylor Swift but there's a lot of early Taylor Swift country songs that I like. But this is mostly just fine. It's good because Taylor Swift is good, but it's not memorable like the best of Taylor Swift. It's not even the most memorable song from The Hannah Montana Movie, which compared to some of my favorite movies and songs (The anthologies, Winnie the Pooh, etc) hasn't really suffered too many losses. So it's good to at least get another song from this movie out of the way.

Saving: So This is Love

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

I can't tell if you are intentionally making a play on the famous Disney dark ride "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" or not. LOL.

Ooh lol no, I wasn't. :lmao: 

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Just me tbh. 😢

Ah I'm sorry. :blushingwave:

Your Crowning Glory

You know one of the worst moments of my young life was when my mom told me, a like 9 year old OBSESSED with both Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, that Julie Andrews could no longer sing from a botched surgery (hope that Doctor had to go in to WPP because how do you freak up JULIE freakING ANDREWS SINGING VOICE, another side note, I actually had a friend who suffered a lot of the same thing that forced Julie Andrews to get the surgery and she ended up with the same complications. So I am being a bit facetious because it's actually in terms of surgical mishaps fairly common-ish). Anyway, this is sentimental for a lot of reasons because of that because it's Julie Andrews's first time singing on film again after the surgery. But I wish it were just a better song in a better movie. Despite the fact that I actually love a lot of the Disney Princess movies, I don't really have any attachment to Princess Diaries even though I would have seen them in theaters and been around the right age for them. They didn't really capture me. Anyway, thank goodness that we have so many BETTER Julie Andrews performances in this rankdown because she's so so so good.

Saving: Candle on the Water

My Favorite Dream

Has anyone in this rankdown owned up to being fans of Fun and Fancy Free?  I must have missed it, as it doesn't seem like anyone is fighting to keep these songs in the rankdown.  I listened to all the songs from this movie earlier in the rankdown and none of them left an impact.  That means, this is an easy decision for me to cut. The song is performed by the Golden Harp, who is voiced by Anita Gordon, in the film. It was composed by Ray Noble, and lyrics were done by Bill Walsh. The song is a ballad, and its sort of dreary, upon re-listen.  Sorry if this was anyone's favorite!

Save: You'll Always Find Your Way Back Home

4 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

You know one of the worst moments of my young life was when my mom told me, a like 9 year old OBSESSED with both Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, that Julie Andrews could no longer sing from a botched surgery

I've never had an original experience

• Haha 1

Just now, Alex95 said:

I've never had an original experience

the same conversation my mom blew my mind by saying "oh you know Mary Poppins and Maria are the same person. Also the actress can't sing anymore" because as a child I was very thrown off when people had different colored hair between movies. LOLOLOL. So really just a bombshell of an entire conversation between me and my mom. LOL.

• Haha 2

The Magic of Andalasia 

I haven't really kept track of or watched Disenchanted but I haven't really seen a positive reception to this movie and people saying the first movie (Enchanted) is much better. So for those reasons, I have no problem with cutting this song. "The Magic of Andalasia" is from Disenchanted. Actually, listening to this song, I was contemplating changing my mind to cut something else but then.... I listen to other songs and really struggled on what to cut. Soooo Imma stop stressing myself and stick with this cut. "The Magic of Andalasia" is sung by the power duo of Edward & Nancy Tremaine (portrayed by James Marsden & Idina Menzel). This is a very fun, theatrical musical theater song - which of course, is right in Idina's wheelhouse and she slays it. I am not too familiar with James' vocal chops but he holds his own here alongside Idina. They sound good together. Anyway, Edward & Nancy put on quite the elaborate performance to Giselle Philip (Amy Adams) and her baby (or I would assume that's her baby there). It's fun to see. :haha: 

Saving: True to Your Heart 

REMAINING

Fee-Fi-Fo-Fum (Fun and Fancy Free)

The Sword in the Stone (The Sword in the Stone)

On the Open Road (A Goofy Movie)

When Can I See You Again? (Wreck-It Ralph)

In Summer (Frozen)

When I Am Older (Frozen II)

At All Costs (Wish)

A Wish Worth Making (Wish)

We Belong Together (Toy Story 3)

Carried Me with You (Onward)

Born to Play (Soul)

Steal the Show (Elemental)

Loyal Brave and True (Mulan)

Start of Something New (High School Musical)

When There Was Me And You (High School Musical)

What Time Is It? (High School Musical 2)