StarWalker1

12 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Thanks for compiling this list!!! 

• Like 1

I see a lot of amazing song choices for her on here. I'd also love to hear her take on I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry, Wild Horses, any song by Patsy Cline, Stand By Your Man, Do I Ever Cross Your Mind, Everybody's Waiting For A Change by Holly Williams, Born To Try by Delta Goodrem would be a good one for her, and maybe a Delta Rae type of song?

• Like 1

Ruby was amazing tonight! Best performance of the season! Loved that she got the song that was on this list. Perfect song for her and that was a big breakout performance from her. I feel like she's going to win the show honestly. 

• Like 2

excerpt from Mark Franklin's recap

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-team-reba-on-the-voice

Feedback: Gwen said she’s “blown away” by Ruby’s talent. John said it’s “quite stunning” that Ruby can sound like she’s been through so much at her young age. Niall joked that Reba would be fired if she didn’t advance Ruby. Reba said she’s “so proud” of Ruby.
My take: If there was any question Ruby would make the playoffs, I think it ended about two lines into this song. She continues to perform well beyond her years. I won’t be a bit surprised to see her in the Season 24 finals. My only quibble, she went really big at the 1:40 mark. She could have just let the emotion of the song and her lovely tone carry the day. Grade: A

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Add me

Her playoffs is my personal favourite of hers and it's a contender for best performance of the season. Her vibrato and vocal breaks hit different here, then the power at the end.. By far her most emotive performance.

Done! Welcome aboard! 

Ruby's TikTok account growth since I began tracking the Top 12 on 09/22/23:

Ruby Leigh (Pearson) — age 16; Missouri

09/22/23 363 followers 1682 likes 25 videos

10/06/23 131.2K followers 1.1M likes 32 videos

11/09/23 202.9K followers 1.7M likes 46 videos

11/29/23 282.2K followers 2.4M likes 56 videos

https://www.tiktok.com/@rubyleighofficial

[You can see all the updates on page 5 of the TikTok Contestant Data thread.]

Edited by RTV
  • Like 2

I'm posting some of the articles I've found about her audition. Will post battles, KO's, and PO's articles soon as well.

~ ARTICLES ~

Taste of Country: ‘The Voice': Yodeling Ruby Leigh Turns All Four Chairs With County Classic (September 26, 2023)

Entertainment Weekly: Watch 16-year-old yodeler join Reba McEntire's team after impressive 4-chair turn audition on The Voice (September 26, 2023)

ET: 'The Voice' 16-Year-Old Ruby Leigh's Amazing Yodeling Earns Her a 4-Chair Turn (September 26, 2023)

Yahoo: The Voice: 16-Year-Old Ruby Leigh's Yodeling Earns 4-Chair Turn (September 27, 2023)

The Kansas City Star: Yodeling teen from Missouri gets 4-chair turn on ‘The Voice’ audition. ‘You could win’ (September 27, 2023)

Guitar Girl Magazine: Aspiring Country Western Singer, Yodelist, and Guitarist Ruby Leigh Wows all Four Judges on ‘The Voice’ (September 27, 2023)

Mass Live: ‘The Voice’: 16-year-old yodeler shocks coaches in audition, told she could win (September 27, 2023)

Country Now: 16-Year-Old Ruby Leigh Stuns ‘The Voice’ Coaches with Yodeling Performance, Earns Rare Four-Chair Turn (September 27, 2023)

STL Today: Missouri teen earns a four-chair turn on 'The Voice' (September 28, 2023)

Courier-Post News: INTERVIEW: Ruby Leigh from The Voice (October 20, 2023)

The Pitch: Ruby Leigh of Missouri yodels her way onto season 24 of NBC’s The Voice (October 23, 2023)

The Telegraph: Let the playoffs begin: Ruby Leigh on her way to the top on 'The Voice' (November 22, 2023)

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This girl is ridiculously talented. Wow.

Skip to 2:13 for national anthem. I'll watch the rest later, and put their time stamps as well.

She's one of a kind. 

1. National Anthem 2:13

2. I don't know this song, and also the audio quality was bad during the whole song. 7:18

3. You Lie (Reba). She said it's her fav Reba song. Btw, she slayed it. So much emotion and power. She showed her strong head voice as well. 11:12

4. Jolene. 27:18

5. Cowboy's Sweetheart. 31:27

6. I don't know the name of the song, but she sounded beautiful here. 38:45

7. Zombie. 44:17

From this set, You Lie and National Anthem were my favs.

Some of the things she mentioned:

• Niall is her biggest fan. He always cheers for her. She also almost picked him in the blinds. The coach comments went on for a ln hour, but of course they edited it, and showed only 5 min. John and Niall both left their chairs, and pitched very hard. 

• Every coach has a "trick" that they can use on one contestant only. Reba used that on her, when some of the members in the audience put fake hairs above their head.

• The buttons on chairs, they don't make any sound. It's edited.

• Jolene was not Reba's choice. It wasn't her choice either. She said it was her partner's choice.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1

Part 2:

1. Cold Miner's Daughter. 1:11

2. Mule Skinner Blues. 7:12

3. Landslide. 11:58

4. Crazy. 16:07

5. Creep. 20:04

6. Open Arms. 25:34

7. When We Were Young. 30:17

8. Travlein' Soldier. 35:08

• From this set, Open Arms, Landslide, and Mule Skinner Blues were my fav. The others were good. But these three were phenomenal.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Thanks 1

Part 3:

1. You're So Vain. 0:41

2. 13:58

3. Sweet Caroline. 24:11

4. Rocky Top. 28:02

5. Shallow. 31:19

6. Girl Goin' Nowhere. 37:19

7. Angel From Montgomery. 43:09

8. 50:04

9. Blue. 54:37

10. Long Long Time. 58:13

11. 1:03:17

12. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). 1:07:50

My favs here were Shallow, Girl Goin' Nowhere, and Long Long Time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2023 at 8:32 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

Part 3:

1. You're So Vain. 0:41

2. 13:58

3. Sweet Caroline. 24:11

4. Rocky Top. 28:02

5. Shallow. 31:19

6. Girl Goin' Nowhere. 37:19

7. Angel From Montgomery. 43:09

8. 50:04

9. Blue. 54:37

10. Long Long Time. 58:13

11. 1:03:17

12. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life). 1:07:50

My favs here were Shallow, Girl Goin' Nowhere, and Long Long Time.

Thank you for sharing all of these covers! Have not seen most of them before, so this is a welcoming surprise 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Thank you for sharing all of these covers! Have not seen most of them before, so this is a welcoming surprise 🙂

Some songs didn't suit her voice at all, but she still did them because the audience requested them. But I think You Lie, Landslide, Open Arms, Mule Skinner Blues, Shallow, Girl Goin' Nowhere, and Long Long Time were gorgeous.

• Thanks 1