StarWalker1

4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So after one day, she has reached almost 2M views on her audition and 213k likes. It's even more than what she got for her gorgeous PO performance after 1 day.

She has become pretty much an snowflake killer on here but it's clear that she doesn't need IDF support :P. She is getting plenty of support from other sites. Even if she doesn't win, the fanbase she has built will help her to get success on the industry.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

She has become pretty much an snowflake killer on here but it's clear that she doesn't need IDF support :P. She is getting plenty of support from other sites. Even if she doesn't win, the fanbase she has built will help her to get success on the industry.

Yes. IDF has been lukewarm on her... But it's not that it matters. :haha:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yes. IDF has been lukewarm on her... But it's not that it matters. :haha:

Yeah, it's not like this site has any relevance in the careers of the contestants. :haha: 

People can say whatever they want about Ruby but considering the fanbase she has built, on social media, she is clearly doing something right. She is connecting with plenty people through her singing talent, and that matters a lot when you are an artist.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, it's not like this site has any relevance in the careers of the contestants. :haha: 

People can say whatever they want about Ruby but considering the fanbase she has built, on social media, she is clearly doing something right. She is connecting with plenty people through her singing talent, and that matters a lot when you are an artist.

Yeah. I'm so proud of her. She must be feeling so good that she's just a 16 y/o but standing in the finale with Adults.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

Apparently her next song choice (ballad I assume) is a song thats only been done once on the show, was made before the 2000s, and is similar to her linda song choice!

And she said producers initially told her that it will be hard for it to get cleared. The only reason it was cleared back then was because the coach personally knew the original artist, and they requested.

I wonder what that song could be? Do you have any songs in mind that were performed once, and were similar to Long, Long time.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

And she said producers initially told her that it will be hard for it to get cleared. The only reason it was cleared back then was because the coach personally knew the original artist, and they requested.

I wonder what that song could be? Do you have any songs in mind that were performed once, and were similar to Long, Long time.

The first song choice I thought of was this: What's Up by 4 Non Blondes

I remember Xtina cleared this particular song for Kim during POs and that it was a big deal in terms of song clearance, the only thing is though I don't really hear the linda similarities

• Like 1

She probably has more support than we think. She has great engagement on her FB. Like, 1k comments, 1.4k comments, etc... Views and likes are good, but if you get thousands of people commenting under your videos on FB (where minivan is mostly) saying they love you and are voting for you... then it Def means you have a great base of support.

She has gotten tons of support from her home town as well.

JvjHs01.jpeg

GwvKE6h.jpeg

RKjzhH4.jpeg

trgVigN.jpeg

p2VtTBk.jpeg

Dwod07l.jpeg

• Like 2

I think Ruby's version is gonna be very diff from Kim. Actually, this was my fav Kim performance, and I think she set the bar very high.

But there's always more than one way you can cover a song. Also, Kim didn't use her head voice during the performance, but I think Ruby is gonna use it in some places.

Like this... 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I think Ruby's version is gonna be very diff from Kim. Actually, this was my fav Kim performance, and I think she set the bar very high.

But there's always more than one way you can cover a song. Also, Kim didn't use her head voice during the performance, but I think Ruby is gonna use it in some places.

Like this... 

I just hope she'll let us have it with the belting parts, thats my personal fave of the entire song

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

I just hope she'll let us have it with the belting parts, thats my personal fave of the entire song

Yes. And that's my personal fav thing about her voice too. I like the yodels, but her belting range is just incredible.

• Like 1

And honestly, people here are calling her inconsistent, pitchy, etc... but I just don't see it. The only time I heard pitch issues was when she sang You Lie, and even then it wasn't for the entire song, just in few places. I'm the SF she was a little nervous at the start, but it was not off pitch. I thought she pretty much slayed it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

And honestly, people here are calling her inconsistent, pitchy, etc... but I just don't see it. The only time I heard pitch issues was when she sang You Lie, and even then it wasn't for the entire song, just in few places. I'm the SF she was a little nervous at the start, but it was not off pitch. I thought she pretty much slayed it. 

Agreed, I think people just had higher expectations of her since she had came off a strong set of non-live performances (particularly her Audition and PO) that seeing these performances now throw them off

• Like 1