Kaylee Shimizu Fan Thread

season1

Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she ended up on AI sometime in the next few years, especially since they know her already. And if that’s the case, not making it past the playoffs on The Voice could be helpful. 

She just needs to have a backstory…

I think the boxing and wrestling is somewhat compelling, because nobody would ever expect that looking at her. They’d have to expand on it that a bit, and make a bigger story out of it somehow, but they’re good at that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Having said that, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she ended up on AI sometime in the next few years, especially since they know her already. And if that’s the case, not making it past the playoffs on The Voice could be helpful. 

She just needs to have a backstory…

I think the boxing and wrestling is somewhat compelling, because nobody would ever expect that looking at her. They’d have to expand on it that a bit, and make a bigger story out of it somehow, but they’re good at that. 

She could also get the "young girl-next-door angle that ends up shocking everyone with her voice" type edit

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StarWalker1 said:

She could also get the "young girl-next-door angle that ends up shocking everyone with her voice" type edit

She has a bubbly personality, and likable on camera, so maybe the backstory wouldn’t be quite as important. If you think about it, Will Moseley doesn’t have much of a backstory. He played football, and had to quit because of injuries. Yeah…so did a lot of other people? 

I still can’t believe Legend did that. 🙄 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She has a bubbly personality, and likable on camera, so maybe the backstory wouldn’t be quite as important. If you think about it, Will Moseley doesn’t have much of a backstory. He played football, and had to quit because of injuries. Yeah…so did a lot of other people? 

I still can’t believe Legend did that. 🙄 

John is such a hit or miss coach ... she couldve EASILY made the finale and maybe even won ... ugh

Not to mention her PO wasn't even weak or bad too

• Like 3

Just now, StarWalker1 said:

John is such a hit or miss coach ... she couldve EASILY made the finale and maybe even won ... ugh

Not to mention her PO wasn't even weak or bad too

Right, the song was boring, but he’s the one who gave it to her, so that’s no reason not to put her through. He’s an idiot. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, season1 said:

That's a good exposure and experience for her. She seems really excited about it.

I don’t know what any of this means, but the arena holds over 11,000 people, so it must be a big deal. 

DRlEBpw.png

This is where NBC The Voice really missed the boat. The Filipinos were crazy about her. :haha: So much so that I was concerned that was the extent of her fanbase, but a lot of non-Filipinos, including the typical minivans came out of the woodwork to protest her elimination too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know what any of this means, but the arena holds over 11,000 people, so it must be a big deal. 

DRlEBpw.png

This is where NBC The Voice really missed the boat. The Filipinos were crazy about her. :haha: So much so that I was concerned that was the extent of her fanbase, but a lot of non-Filipinos, including the typical minivans came out of the woodwork to protest her elimination too. 

If they open up the venue to hold 1000s, it would be a great experience for her to perform in front of a good-sized audience. I'm glad that she's continuing to pursue her music and I hope she gets more opportunities to perform on bigger stages.

----

I looked up the accounts she mentioned in that post --

asapofficial is the #1 Variety show in the Philippines. It seems the concert is a big event, just scrolling through their IG posts about it.

kapamilyatfc is the account for TFC or The Filipino Channel on cable (?). Anyway, they have this concert poster:

pc742TB.jpg

Maybe @FloorWax or @Teraginn would know more who the main performers are, and how big this concert could get. 🙂

Edited by season1
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, season1 said:

If they open up the venue to hold 1000s, it would be a great experience for her to perform in front of a good-sized audience. I'm glad that she's continuing to pursue her music and I hope she gets more opportunities to perform on bigger stages.

----

asapofficial is the #1 Variety show in the Philippines. It seems the concert is a big event, just scrolling through their IG posts about it.

kapamilyatfc is the account for TFC or The Filipino Channel on cable (?). Anyway, they have this concert poster:

pc742TB.jpg

Maybe @FloorWax or @Teraginn would know more who the main performers are, and how big this concert could get. 🙂

It’s not until August and it looks like about 75% of the tickets have been sold. I hope she gets to perform on the big stage. Even if she doesn’t, it’s still a good source of connections. 

I’m not sure whether you noticed, but she spent a couple weeks in LA/Vegas a couple months back. I’m not sure what it was all about, but she did some performing, recording, etc. 

3YIqZ3D.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s not until August and it looks like about 75% of the tickets have been sold. I hope she gets to perform on the big stage. Even if she doesn’t, it’s still a good source of connections. 

I’m not sure whether you noticed, but she spent a couple weeks in LA/Vegas a couple months back. I’m not sure what it was all about, but she did some performing, recording, etc. 

I don't remember seeing those posts. (That must have been during our road trip for a few weeks, and no Wi Fi until we get to the hotel at night).

Hopefully that means she's working on new music.

Edited by season1

On 6/14/2024 at 10:17 AM, season1 said:

----

pc742TB.jpg

ASAP is a very popular Sunday show here in the Philippines, and there’s a lot of singing on it. Every week we get some combination of legacy acts, big names, and up-and-comers who the industry is trying to push. Everyone in the middle of that poster is pretty recognizable here.

• Like 2

I guess she could probably find some connections there, but the Filipino music industry isn’t exactly a juggernaut, so it’ll probably just be a cool opportunity, if anything. Either way, I would love to see her duet alongside some of those performers, if she gets the chance to. I know Jej got the chance to sing with Morisette at a previous ASAP event.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I guess she could probably find some connections there, but the Filipino music industry isn’t exactly a juggernaut, so it’ll probably just be a cool opportunity, if anything. Either way, I would love to see her duet alongside some of those performers, if she gets the chance to. I know Jej got the chance to sing with Morisette at a previous ASAP event.

I’m not familiar with the Filipino music industry at all. What language do they generally sing in? Do any of them sing in English?

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m not familiar with the Filipino music industry at all. What language do they generally sing in? Do any of them sing in English?

Most of the popular original songs are in Tagalog but some artists and bands do occasionally write in English and most are adept at singing covers in English.

I will say that many of the people in that poster are better known for being actors/actresses than singers, and not having any of the popular bands perform is kinda weird, but it makes sense considering what ASAP is.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Most of the popular original songs are in Tagalog but some artists and bands do occasionally write in English and most are adept at singing covers in English.

I will say that many of the people in that poster are better known for being actors/actresses than singers, and not having any of the popular bands perform is kinda weird, but it makes sense considering what ASAP is.

Ah…OK. I’m just trying to figure out how she can best take advantage of this. I suppose her best opportunity is with Filipinos who live in the US, but that’s a relatively small group of people. At the very least, it may help build a fanbase for her future appearance on American Idol. :P

• Like 1