A5h5VNUl.png

Covers

[video]

p4uhiI9.png

---
[h/t: Dany for Trivia Image]

Edited by season1

Ayyyyyy! Add me please!

Anyone who covers Kameron Marlowe gets a star in my book!

OK but for real though, Tom's voice is surprisingly strong and versatile. He's obviously working towards a modern country sound, but he wears his soul/R'n'b/rock influences on his sleeve. Which, come to think of it, is the same reason why I gravitated to Kameron Marlowe when he showed up in the S15 spoilers.

I also suspect he's in the S24 premiere based on some of the descriptions in the press release for the early viewing party. We shall see in a month's time.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Ayyyyyy! Add me please!

Anyone who covers Kameron Marlowe gets a star in my book!

OK but for real though, Tom's voice is surprisingly strong and versatile. He's obviously working towards a modern country sound, but he wears his soul/R'n'b/rock influences on his sleeve. Which, come to think of it, is the same reason why I gravitated to Kameron Marlowe when he showed up in the S15 spoilers.

I also suspect he's in the S24 premiere based on some of the descriptions in the press release for the early viewing party. We shall see in a month's time.

Added! If he's Reba's first contestant, he'll be in the premiere most likely, and maybe the first audition shown.

I hope he goes far this season. But Morgan Wallen, Kameron Marlowe and Corey Kent (White) proved that you don't have to go very far in the season to get recognition and success in country music.

22 hours ago, season1 said:

Added! If he's Reba's first contestant, he'll be in the premiere most likely, and maybe the first audition shown.

I hope he goes far this season. But Morgan Wallen, Kameron Marlowe and Corey Kent (White) proved that you don't have to go very far in the season to get recognition and success in country music.

True. Based on what I see in his socials, Tom has the drive and the work ethic to make the best out of the exposure he'll be getting on this show.

But it'll be nice if he can bring that edgy country energy all the way to the end, like what Kameron would have done if he got past Playoffs.

• Like 1

So it was reported that Tom got saved by Reba in the 3-way KOs singing a Temptations song. Glad to see him being versatile on the show. I wonder what song it was though? My Girl? I Wish it Would Rain? Papa Was a Rollin' Stone? My bet would be the second one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

So it was reported that Tom got saved by Reba in the 3-way KOs singing a Temptations song. Glad to see him being versatile on the show. I wonder what song it was though? My Girl? I Wish it Would Rain? Papa Was a Rollin' Stone? My bet would be the second one.

I checked his posted YT and TikTok covers and there are no Temptations cover, so that didn't help. :haha: 

Any of the songs you mentioned are good possibilities. Add "Ain't too proud to beg" to that list.

2 hours ago, season1 said:

I checked his posted YT and TikTok covers and there are no Temptations cover, so that didn't help. :haha: 

Any of the songs you mentioned are good possibilities. Add "Ain't too proud to beg" to that list.

Ooh I forgot about that one, definitely a good choice for him too.

BTW, I stumbled upon this video. This might lead credence to the theory that he's the 31-year-old country/soul guy who sang Stevie Wonder in the Blinds Premiere.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Less than 24 hours till the Blinds Premiere! Hope Tom gets an early edit!

I hope he gets shown this week, but there's no post from him other than the generic reveal post. So I'll be pleasantly surprised if he's on the premier episode.

Just now, Teraginn said:

It's becoming less likely that Tom is on tonight, based on who are announcing and who was leaked. Let's hope he's on this week at least.

I don't know, maybe it's better to be shown on the 2nd week as closer or opener (maybe even leaked), than get crammed in the middle of premiere week and get lost in the shuffle. 

5 minutes ago, season1 said:

I don't know, maybe it's better to be shown on the 2nd week as closer or opener (maybe even leaked), than get crammed in the middle of premiere week and get lost in the shuffle. 

You're probably right, I'm just real selfish and impatient 😆

I have a few more people I'm looking forward to, so I can wait for Tom 😇

• Like 1