The Masked Singer Season 10 - Sept 10, 2023

Just now, jdanton2 said:

not a fan of the song Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn who was a one hit wonder. the funny thing is he won the Grammy for Best New Artist over the others that had multiple hits.

whoa cicn't know that

Amerie was sort of a one hit wonder. performance was good.

• Like 2

i think Donut was the best singer.

Micky singer was a one hit wonder.

• Like 1

i don't think either were good in the showdown.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

Elimination reveal 

going home is...

Hide contents

Hibiscus

it's Luann de Lesseps

not sure i knew who that was but the song performed at the end was not bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

Trolls Night coming up :spaz: finally

Next week

The Masked Singer

Trolls Night
SEASON 10, EPISODE 8 • NEW

8:00 PM ON FOX  • TV-PG • STEREO • CC • DVS

The stars of "Trolls Band Together," Poppy and Branch, take the stage for a special performance.

looking forward to that one.

2 minutes ago, istersay said:

one of the Real Housewives

i don't watch alot of tv shows which is why i don't know some of these people.

• Like 1

The One Hit Wonder theme was fun.

Ugh I actually got spoiled on the results before watching the show by watching E! News, when they did a story on last night's episode when I was not expecting it. I heard it was Countess Luann de Lesseps. So when I saw and heard Hibiscus, I just knew that was Luann. She was the weakest of the night, imo. While she wasn't the best singer, I thought she was really fun and entertaining. So yeah she was fun! 

Um can we talk about how Candelabra slayed that "1 Thing" performance? Because phew, that performance was a moment! :omg: :dead: She gave vocals and performance! Probably the performance that's got me the most excited this season. :bobo: 

But I do NOT appreciate the show classifying Amerie as a 1-hit wonder. No ma'am! 🙂 "1 Thing" was her biggest and most well-known hit but she's had some other minor hits in her discography. 

I do have a guess for her when I was listening to her voice.

I was getting Keyshia Cole vibes from her voice. I could be wrong but that's where I'm at now and I hope I'm right. Although from the clues beforehand, I was getting Brandy vibes which I think one of the judges said. But I know/recognize Brandy's voice well and that wasn't it.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:32 PM, jdanton2 said:

not a fan of the song Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn who was a one hit wonder. the funny thing is he won the Grammy for Best New Artist over the others that had multiple hits.

lol that's kind of a Best New Artist curse, as a number of BNA winners only had 1 or a few hits and they beat artists who have had multiple hits and albums. :haha: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

The One Hit Wonder theme was fun.

Ugh I actually got spoiled on the results before watching the show by watching E! News, when they did a story on last night's episode when I was not expecting it. I heard it was Countess Luann de Lesseps. So when I saw and heard Hibiscus, I just knew that was Luann. She was the weakest of the night, imo. While she wasn't the best singer, I thought she was really fun and entertaining. So yeah she was fun! 

Um can we talk about how Candelabra slayed that "1 Thing" performance? Because phew, that performance was a moment! :omg: :dead: She gave vocals and performance! Probably the performance that's got me the most excited this season. :bobo: 

But I do NOT appreciate the show classifying Amerie as a 1-hit wonder. No ma'am! 🙂 "1 Thing" was her biggest and most well-known hit but she's had some other minor hits in her discography. 

I do have a guess for her when I was listening to her voice.

Hide contents

I was getting Keyshia Cole vibes from her voice. I could be wrong but that's where I'm at now and I hope I'm right. Although from the clues beforehand, I was getting Brandy vibes which I think one of the judges said. But I know/recognize Brandy's voice well and that wasn't it.

if you go the definition  of having one top 40 song on Billboard as a one hit wonder she had three.

1 Thing   #8

Why Don't We Fall In Love #23

Paradise as a feature with LL Cool J  #36

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

if you go the definition  of having one top 40 song on Billboard as a one hit wonder she had three.

1 Thing   #8

Why Don't We Fall In Love #23

Paradise as a feature with LL Cool J  #36

Mhmm I know all of those songs (and am certain they did better on the R&B/Hip-Hop charts) and would consider them hits. Sooo  yeah, I don't quite agree with the show's definition of one hit wonders.