The Voice Australia Season 12

Mathacoo200315

The edit of the show was so messed up today, that when the first trio from Team Jason sang, they showed Etienne and Callum with the other winners, so we already knew what would happen in their callback.

The same with Team Guy, while the first trio was singing, they were showing shots of Shanae and Charlie with the winners. So, no suprise left for those results.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, searomordep said:

ALL PERFORMANCES FROM CALLBACKS 2:

TEAM RITA: Tarryn Stokes vs Gabby Asta vs Emily Kate

TEAM JASON: Ethan Beckton vs Jade Talbot vs Christian Ellis 

TEAM GUY: Jaydean Miranda vs Overnight vs Elly Poletti

TEAM JESS: Shyjana vs Nenah Jones vs Jade Taunton

TEAM JASON: Tee & Raye vs Callum Warrender vs Etienne Steven 

TEAM RITA: Nick Cunningham vs Brenda Bressed vs Levi X

TEAM GUY: Maz Green vs Charlie Pittman vs Shanae Watson

TEAM JESS: Dillon Rhodes vs Trisha Godinet vs Ezra Williams

I'll copy it just to make it easy to watch since the page changed lol

3 hours ago, British Man said:

Ok I ain't gonna say anything before seeing the actual performance, but ain't no way Jess just eliminated her after telling her she had the best blind audition this season.

Well, I saw the snippet of the performance and... yeah Nenah deserved to go home.

All 3 of them gave really poor performances.

Now Trisha vs Ezra vs Dillon? That was amazing. Ezra and Dillon really improved from their audition and I can honestly say that Jess made the right choice out of the three. However, given how terrible the other group of 3 was, she definitely could've made the groups slightly better so Trisha could stay because I think she deserved to.

6 hours ago, British Man said:

I couldn't see the show so I didn't hear the comments. What did he say?

He basically told multiple people he didn’t like their dancing, he didn’t like NONE of his Ethan, Christian, Jade pairing and made sure they all knew, called Charlie “good but not great”

Edited by Mathacoo200315
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

He basically told multiple people he didn’t like their dancing, he didn’t like NONE of his Ethan, Christian, Jade pairing and made sure they all knew, called Charlie “good but not great”

Wow. Well, at least he's honest and says what he actually feels but it seems weird for him to go off on Ethan, Christian, and Jade when he was the one who chose the songs for them (and besides Jade improved from her audition a lot)

I have no issues with criticism but it doesn't seem constructive at all. When I find a way to watch the episode I will watch and see for myself but at least for now it certainly doesn't make him look good.

I was worried about the callbacks on team Guy, cause to me it was such a good team. Well, I'm fine with the results.

But now, I'm worried about the ultimate callbacks on team Rita. Nick, Emily, Ben and Gezel. To me the obvious choice is Nick and Emily, but I also love the tone of Ben's voice, and I wouldn't be surprised with Rita choosing Gezel. I'm preparing myself to be disappointed lol

10 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Only 1 new episode on Sunday next week.. meaning it’ll prob be once a week now, finale looking to be October 1 :/

My Kitchen Rules will take the Monday and Tuesday slots from September 4.

Sad :( I was hoping they would do Ultimate Callbacks/Battles 1/Battles 2 next week lol

Ok so on The Voice AU Instagram, they posted a sneak peek for the upcoming Ultimate Callbacks. To summarize:

- Gezel seems to be singing Toxic by Britney Spears

- I don't know Shanae's song but she sings the line "Some things are meant to be"

- Jason asks if he can do something (Most likely him choosing to send both people through but who knows)

- Someone withdraws from the competition

Now, they showed that Shanae was going against Robbie, meaning Jaydean must've been going against Mikaela.

Callum's opponent was shown for the slightest of seconds, but it was too blurry to make out. It looks like Alex though.

None of Jess or Rita's Ultimate Callbacks were shown well enough for me to see the pairings

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, British Man said:

Ok so on The Voice AU Instagram, they posted a sneak peek for the upcoming Ultimate Callbacks. To summarize:

- I don't know Shanae's song but she sings the line "Some things are meant to be"

- Jason asks if he can do something (Most likely him choosing to send both people through but who knows)

Now, they showed that Shanae was going against Robbie, meaning Jaydean must've been going against Mikaela.

Callum's opponent was shown for the slightest of seconds, but it was too blurry to make out. It looks like Alex though.

None of Jess or Rita's Ultimate Callbacks were shown well enough for me to see the pairings

It’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love”.

47 minutes ago, British Man said:

sean and bushwackers weren't shown at all so maybe they withdrew

9 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

sean and bushwackers weren't shown at all so maybe they withdrew

Honestly, The Bushwackers withdrawing would make a lot of logical sense. 

1) They're already accomplished musicians so they have no reason to try and win the show

2) They might feel like they have an unfair advantage because Jess owes them a lot and would therefore choose them over other artists

Meanwhile, for Sean, I could see a health issue leading to an early withdrawal.

Edited by British Man
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, British Man said:

Honestly, The Bushwackers withdrawing would make a lot of logical sense. 

1) They're already accomplished musicians so they have no reason to try and win the show

2) They might feel like they have an unfair advantage because Jess owes them a lot and would therefore choose them over other artists

Meanwhile, for Sean, I could see a health issue leading to an early withdrawal.

That’s what I was thinking

On 9/1/2023 at 2:38 PM, British Man said:

Ok Emily Kate's Tiktok shows that she's going against Nick

Meanwhile, Sean's TikTok shows that he's going against Shyjana

So, just to put all the pairings in one place, we have:

Team Guy - Robbie vs Shanae & Jaydean vs Michaela

Team Rita - Emily Kate vs. Nick & Gezel vs. Ben

Team Jess - Sean vs. Shyjana & Ezra vs. The Bushwackers

Team Jason - Callum vs. Alex & Calista vs. Jade

ULTIMATE CALLBACKS

TEAM GUY

Theme: Elvis Presley

Robbie Hunt - Blue Suede Shoes by Elvis Presley - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Shanae Watson - Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley - ELIMINATED

Theme: Bruno Mars

Jaydean Miranda - Leave the Door Open by Silk Sonic - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Michaela Jayde - When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars - ELIMINATED

TEAM JESS

Ezra Williams - Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benetar - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

The Bushwackers - TBA -WITHDREW

Shyjana - People Help The People by Birdy - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Sean Millis - TBA - ELIMINATED

TEAM JASON

Calista Nelmes -Skyscraper by Demi Lovato - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Jade Talbot - Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga - ELIMINATED

Theme: Aerosmith

Alex Jeans - Dream On by Aerosmith - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Callum Warrender - I Don't Want To Miss a Thing by Aerosmith - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

TEAM RITA

Gezel Bardossi - Toxic by Britney Spears - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Ben Esber - TBA - ELIMINATED

Emily Kate - I Will Alway Love You by Dolly Parton - MOVED ON TO BATTLES

Nick Cunningham - Last Night by Morgan Wallen - ELIMINATED

TEAM GUY

Marley Sola

Bella MacKenzie

Charlie Pittman

Elly Poletti

Robbie Hunt

Jaydean Miranda

TEAM JESS

David Aumua

Giann Jordan

Jade Taunton

Dillon Rhodes

Ezra Williams

Shyjana

TEAM JASON

Maree Mamalis

Andrew Taylor Knight

Etienne Steven

Ethan Beckton

Calista Nelmes

Callum Warrender

Alex Jeans

TEAM RITA

Nyree Huyser

Elsa Marilyn

Levi X

Tarryn Stokes

Gezel Bardossi

Emily Kate

Well, at the start of the whole Callbacks nonsense I predicted which 6 people in each team would move on. I ended up getting 5/6 on Team Guy, 4/6 on Team Rita, 5/7 on Team Jason, and 2/6 on Team Jess. This means I got 16/25, or 64% right, which is alright.

This episode was subpar. Ezra was honestly my favorite, with Calista close behind. Honestly, Ezra went from having a subpar audition to being the best female on Team Jess (which isn't saying much since Shyjana and Jade are both pretty pitchy, and Giann, while pleasant to listen to, is still quite shaky and nervous)

Alex and Callum were both alright but I didn't love their arrangements for their songs. I think they could've really knocked it out of the park if the arrangement was more refined. 

Now I am shocked that Emily Kate was montaged. Granted, hearing her snippet, I'm not too surprised, but I was really looking forward to her. At least she's through I suppose.

Not much else to say other than that.