Who won the KO: S3 Edition

Hsamid

Who won their KO?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Trevin Hunte vs Terisa Griffin

2. 2. Loren Allred vs Nicole Nelson

3. 3. Amanda Brown vs Michelle Brooks Thompson

The Season that started it all...

I was avoiding this because a lot of the KO pairs were honestly pitchy messes. However, I did manage to find a few gems.

And Surprise, half the decent KO pairings I found were powerhouse vocalists.

There will definitely be a part 2 for this, but this will be the rnb/Soul powerhouse round.

Trevin Hunte vs Terisa Griffin

https://youtu.be/Td8e8qo9Hgk

Loren Allred vs Nicole Nelson

Trevin vs Teresa

I actually was gonna say Teresa until Trevin got to the chorus. I felt more urgency in his performance so I'd choose him.

Loren vs Nicole

This one still makes me kinda angry. To be fair Loren was only montaged until that point, but what was so good about her performance other than the last note? That's easily Nicole for me. She'd been slaying and she did it again.

Amanda vs Michelle

Amanda had the fresher song choice, more memorable performance, absolutely nailed it. The obvious choice imo. I didn't really like Michelle's performance, she did too much with all those riffs on every single note and it didn't sound pleasant to my ears. Thankfully Adam didn't listen to the other coaches and made the right choice.

• Like 1

1. Trevin by a hair. I loved Teresa’s Whitney tribute, but Trevin was probably the fourth best male contestant ever only after The Kings Jordan Smith, Josh Kaufman and Jeffrey Austin.

2. Nicole by a landslide, based on those two performances alone, but major props to Loren for her huge post-show success, which not even most of the actual winners have achieved. ☠️🪦

3. Amanda by three hairs. She was fierce. Michelle was phenomenal but Adam chose rightly. Especially since her otherworldly ‘Dream On’ was coming soon.

Edited by Jaffy

1. Terissa- idk lol i just liked hers more

2. Nicole- This was my first time watching this performance and I thought it was great! Although Loren also killed it too so like I get why she won but yeah I wouldve picked Nicole.

3. Amanda- She clearly won this

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

1. Trevin by a hair. I loved Teresa’s Whitney tribute, but Trevin was probably the fourth best male contestant ever only after The Kings Jordan Smith, Josh Kaufman and Jeffrey Austin.

Remember when Cee Lo chose Walking on Sunshine for Trevin? 😂

Normally that would've been the end of him, but he deserved to go through based on And I'm Telling You.

Also Xtina's constant undermining of Adam's team worked I guess :dead:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

Remember when Cee Lo chose Walking on Sunshine for Trevin? 😂

Normally that would've been the end of him, but he deserved to go through based on And I'm Telling You.

Also Xtina's constant undermining of Adam's team worked I guess :dead:

Thanks for the reminder lol.

1. Trevin - Hate the song, but obviously deserved the win. Great from Terisa, though.

2. Loren - I consider it about equally impressive as Nicole's, but I pick Loren just for the bolder song choice and surprise overall. Loren's version stands out among the other YKING covers, Nicole's IIAGY doesn't stand out among the other 100 covers for me (it's not bad at all, just... there.) I'd rather hear Loren's again.

3. Amanda - Yes.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

1. Trevin

2. Loren (Nicole's performance was just OK because there were so many great covers of that song but hers was boring and, on the other hand, Loren was just phenomenal, even Xtina stood up for her and that was truly the moment where a star was born. If she hadn't montaged twice, then she might have gone far.

3. Amanda

Loren (A-) vs. Nicole (B+) - I thought Loren's performance was great. My only issue is that the big note at the end just seemed... overly slowed down? It just didn't fit with the rest of the song. I think I'm just being nitpicky though. Nicole was overall good, but I think there were a few moments when she was slightly off-pitch? Also, I thought at times she was just doing too much; I think it would've been more effective if it were less complex at points.

Amanda (A) vs. Michelle (A-) - I mean, obviously, Amanda's performance was great. I thought the whole complex thing on "smooth" was a bit much and didn't turn out perfectly, but otherwise there's no denying this performance. I thought Michelle was very impressive, but her performance was less technically perfect than Amanda's. I tend to prefer Michelle's genre here (r&b) to Amanda's (rock-adjacent), but Amanda's performance was more even.

Terisa (A-) vs. Trevin (A+) - Terisa was excellent! Honestly, I don't know why people talk about Michelle's elimination here more than hers because I think that Terisa had a more well-executed performance (though Michelle's was more flashy, perhaps). I have no words for Trevin (I'm too lazy to think of stuff to say) lol that was incredible.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, erik g said:

1. Terissa- idk lol i just liked hers more

2. Nicole- This was my first time watching this performance and I thought it was great! Although Loren also killed it too so like I get why she won but yeah I wouldve picked Nicole.

3. Amanda- She clearly won this

so proud of you for picking all women, against all odds

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Terisa (A-) vs. Trevin (A+) - Terisa was excellent! Honestly, I don't know why people talk about Michelle's elimination here more than hers because I think that Terisa had a more well-executed performance (though Michelle's was more flashy, perhaps). I have no words for Trevin (I'm too lazy to think of stuff to say) lol that was incredible.

just realized im subtweeting myself bc i seem to have liked Michelle more than most people here and i feel like i've also advocated for michelle as one of the most robbed contestants :fail:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

just realized im subtweeting myself bc i seem to have liked Michelle more than most people here and i feel like i've also advocated for michelle as one of the most robbed contestants :fail:

Tbh, I knew I was picking Amanda but I thought it would be more even :dead: didn’t expect no one to pick Michelle

EDIT: I remember Michelle’s BA was really good and underrated. I would’ve liked her to go through as a steal, but they didn’t have that and Amanda deserved to win.

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 2