Neil Salsich Fan Thread

jamescasaki

by Mark Franklin

Neil Salsich, 34, St. Louis, Missouri, “Have a Little Faith in Me” — Neil, the very first singer we met on Season 23, reminded us why he turned four chairs back in the blinds. He put on a show. There were lots of flourishes, but they all worked. I don’t know what more he could have done to prove he belonged in the playoff unless he performed the song hanging upside down from The Voice ceiling. Blake said he killed it. Kelly credited him for doing a great job. My guess is she felt more allegiance to singers who had been with her team longer. Neil was a knockout round steal. Grade: A

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-team-kelly-on-the-voice-2

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 10:23 AM, VintageVoice said:

As disappointing as Neil going home is, I'm 100% blaming the format in this case - it's screwed over multiple people this season.

Just like Sid 😩😩😩😩

I can't believe how similar Neil and Sid's Voice runs were BTW. Does this show have a hatred for older male folk singers now? 

On 5/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, FloorWax said:

Well Neil’s performance went just about how I expected it to. He showcased his beautiful tone, sang with sincerity, but unfortunately wasn’t flashy enough to convince Kelly to pick him over her original team members. The format really screwed him over, but I’m sure Neil won’t mind too much. He still made it decently far, and can now go back to doing gigs with The Mighty Pines, where he really shines. Hope he has some songs in store 👀 I’d even take a covers album.

Yeah I can't deny that D Smooth and Holly gave more vocally exciting performances, and Kelly naturally gravitates towards those kinds of singers, being a vocal acrobat herself.

I am surprised The Mighty Pines hasn't made a cover album yet, given how they love paying tribute to so many artists in their shows. Whatever the case, I hope new music is coming soon. 🙏🙏🙏

21 hours ago, RTV said:

by Mark Franklin

Neil Salsich, 34, St. Louis, Missouri, “Have a Little Faith in Me” — Neil, the very first singer we met on Season 23, reminded us why he turned four chairs back in the blinds. He put on a show. There were lots of flourishes, but they all worked. I don’t know what more he could have done to prove he belonged in the playoff unless he performed the song hanging upside down from The Voice ceiling. Blake said he killed it. Kelly credited him for doing a great job. My guess is she felt more allegiance to singers who had been with her team longer. Neil was a knockout round steal. Grade: A

https://idolchatteryd.com/song-by-song-grades-for-team-kelly-on-the-voice-2

LOL at the ceiling quip. He's probably right to an extent regarding coach allegiance as well.

20 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Bummed to see him eliminated, and it's even worse knowing that Kelly would have picked him had there the option to choose 3, ughhh.

I have not heard of this before. Where did it come from? If it's true, then screw this format even more, ugh!

It's sad to see Neil goes, but the top two from TK deserved their spot. Teraginn must have been sad when he lost two snowflakes from different shows in a week.

Edited by allistr

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

I have not heard of this before. Where did it come from? If it's true, then screw this format even more, ugh!

I've heard it repeated on here by a few users.. just taking their word for it which is probably not a good idea lolll.

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Just another case of IDF misinterpretation. I asked Someone648 once when Playoffs spoilers first dropped who he thought would've been the third pick for each coach based on source feedback, and he said Neil for Team Kelly. Somehow, I guess a user saw that post and took it to mean that Kelly said herself that Neil would have been her third pick. 💀

Neil has to have had one of the weirdest edits for any contestants.

Featured in varios promos, opening the premiere, being hidden for more than a month after that before having his 2nd full performance on the last week of KOs. Not to mention he wasnt featured in promos at all for that round.

But I think, despite being the playoffs contestant with the least amount of screentime out of all (The playoff passes were at least seen on both KO episodes), I'd say he made an impression.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Higher ground would have been a great song choice for the live shows, this is a fun performance.

Some performances of his bands original music.

Shine On Me is a fun song from their album. Patiently waiting for The Mighty Pines to put out some new music.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2023 at 12:09 AM, WastedinMemphis said:

Nice post-show video by Neil for a St. Louis artist series.  Don't know the song but it's cool imo - can't think of another that name checks William Blake. lol

On 6/16/2023 at 5:04 PM, Hsamid said:

Higher ground would have been a great song choice for the live shows, this is a fun performance.

Some performances of his bands original music.

Thank you for sharing these videos while I was on my IDF break!

That song in the Boom Room video was impeccably sung. ❤️ 

It was really nice seeing Neil get back in the groove of things with The Mighty Pines so soon after the show. 

Edited by Teraginn

On 6/16/2023 at 6:44 PM, FloorWax said:

Shine On Me is a fun song from their album. Patiently waiting for The Mighty Pines to put out some new music.

Same!

A single would be fine, but they seem to be the type of band who only puts out full-ass albums.

I hope the next album would be more in the vein of Late Last Night, they need to lean in the soul part of their sound.

10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Same!

A single would be fine, but they seem to be the type of band who only puts out full-ass albums.

I hope the next album would be more in the vein of Late Last Night, they need to lean in the soul part of their sound.

I prefer their soul sound to their folk sound for the most part, but Ramble On Rose is my favorite cover of theirs. I hope they do a good mix of songs from both ends.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...