Take a contestant from a previous season. Put them in the current season. How do they do?

Bouli

I'll start with a few.

Craig Wayne Boyd would've been a 3-chair turn (Blake, Gwen, and Camila). I think a singer like Craig Wayne Boyd (S7 winner) would potentially win again. He and Bryce both perform a retro style of country, but Craig's is a little more "outlaw country" oriented, and his gruff voice would go well. In fact, I imagine Craig may have even eliminated Bryce early on, just like how viewers chose CWB over James David Carter.

I don't know how his KO partner Anita Antoinette (S7) would fare in this season. I think she still would've been a 4-chair turn. (I also think Camila would've danced in her chair during every one of Anita's performances lol) But I remember her being extremely strong in the pre-taped rounds, and then turning out pitchy and breathless in a lot of her live performances, but a lot of singers this season have the same issue, so I wonder if she would've stood out for that in S22. I think reggae-pop would have done decently on this season since there's nothing else in that lane.

Bloodbath Royale:

Put Danielle Bradbery, Sawyer FredericksJordan SmithAlisan PorterMaelyn JarmonCarter RubinCam Anthony, and Girl Named Tom in the same top 8. Assume that all of them got the same number of chair turns as they did when they were on the show & that they are the same age as they were at the time of their initial run on the show.

Who wins?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Bloodbath Royale:

Put Danielle Bradbery, Sawyer FredericksJordan SmithAlisan PorterMaelyn JarmonCarter RubinCam Anthony, and Girl Named Tom in the same top 8. Assume that all of them got the same number of chair turns as they did when they were on the show & that they are the same age as they were at the time of their initial run on the show.

Who wins?

I think it'll come down to between Maelyn, Cam, GNT, and Alisan

I have always wondered if some of my favorites (Michelle, Kimberly, the S5 guys, Matt…) would have gone as far as they did with the current demo. It feels like there’s no room in the finale or even the semis for contestants that are less “cookie-cutter” (unless they are Team Blake ofc)

Edited by Daillon

13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Bloodbath Royale:

Who wins?

1. Jordan

2. Sawyer

3. Danielle??

12 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

I feel like Wendy, Kyla, Alisan, Desz, Amanda, Cam and Rose would have thrived about the same if they were in different seasons

Well, with the benefit of hindsight, I'm now convinced that everyone you just named in your previous comment (except Alisan) would've been in the bottom 4 bloodbath Instant Save this season.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bouli said:

Well, with the benefit of hindsight, I'm now convinced that everyone you just named in your previous comment (except Alisan) would've been in the bottom 4 bloodbath Instant Save this season.

Honestly I can’t see Brayden getting more votes than Cam, Kyla, and Wendy. Assuming they’re all still Team Blake.

15 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

I think it'll come down to between Maelyn, Cam, GNT, and Alisan

You don't know who Jordan Makenzie Smith is???

Anyways, put Jordan on any season, and he'll win easily. His only competitors would be Sawyer and Danielle, but that's where Roma Downey would come into play. :haha:

Btw, during a Q&A session, someone asked would you like to come back if there's an All-Stars/Champions season? He said he'll gladly come back as he loves this show so much. He also added that he'd probably sing Bohemian Rhapsody and pick John Legend.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

15 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Bloodbath Royale:

Who wins?

You're underestimating Todd.

28 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You're underestimating Todd.

I picked a combo of winners that reflected recent demographic preferences (the last three), winners that were runaway favorites from their audition onwards (Sawyer through Alisan), and winners that IDF respects and tend to get positive feedback on the site (Danielle and Maelyn). Todd was left out since I only wanted eight names and a mix of genres was already represented.

That said, Todd would do fairly well on most seasons, but I don’t know if he would win regardless of the season you throw him in. He is Team Blake, a pastor, and Southern, which all help, but they don’t guarantee a win.

How do we think Todd would do in Season 22?

I'm not really sure. Justin had the "church/worship leader" aspect locked down, Bryce (and, to a lesser extent, Morgan) had the "southern" aspect locked down... but Todd had both combined, PLUS his young kids rooting for him lol. I really do think those kinds of things helped with building his image, especially given the format of his season with lots of videos. But I think they would've helped in Season 22 as well, as long as he routinely kept bringing them up in his pre-performance packages.

I legitimately think Todd could have won Season 22, given that at this point, his only real competition would've been Morgan. And she's not on Team Blake, and she doesn't have the "church" aspect or as strong of a connection to the "southern" aspect.

17 minutes ago, Bouli said:

How do we think Todd would do in Season 22?

I'm not really sure. Justin had the "church/worship leader" aspect locked down, Bryce (and, to a lesser extent, Morgan) had the "southern" aspect locked down... but Todd had both combined, PLUS his young kids rooting for him lol. I really do think those kinds of things helped with building his image, especially given the format of his season with lots of videos. But I think they would've helped in Season 22 as well, as long as he routinely kept bringing them up in his pre-performance packages.

I legitimately think Todd could have won Season 22, given that at this point, his only real competition would've been Morgan. And she's not on Team Blake, and she doesn't have the "church" aspect or as strong of a connection to the "southern" aspect.

Agreed. Todd would've had the best odds, then Morgan, and then Bryce.

I actually think Todd would've won every single one of recent seasons (s11-s22). Some people may call it a stretch, but that's what I think.

6 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I actually think Todd would've won every single one of recent seasons (s11-s22). Some people may call it a stretch, but that's what I think.

I dont think he would have won against Sundance. That guy is pure country twang and one of the best country singers ever on the show. Todd is more Americana/country hybrid and dare I say, a splash of soul.

I do agree with the rest though. Todd was incredibly consistent vocally, even if he imo wasn't ever the best of the night. It's what seperates him from other country finalists like Kenzie and Bryce.

6 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Only reason I'd call it a stretch is because of the unique "culture" of each season. Like, I feel like Chris Blue winning wasn't a fluke; it represented the season's embrace of R&B and dancing/footwork being integrated into performances. On top of that, Chris beat a contestant who fit many of the demographics of an ideal winner. For that reason, I can't see Todd beating Chris.

I also feel like viewers largely rebuked country in favor of more alternative genres in Season 13 (which is why Chloe MK won), but I can't tell if that's because the country artists were relatively weak. I'm not sure if Todd could have won that season.

Season 14 onwards, though? Yeah, I think he would've had a solid chance at winning in pretty much all of those... except MAYBE Season 19, since Carter Rubin was basically destined to win at the moment he auditioned.

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I dont think he would have won against Sundance. That guy is pure country twang and one of the best country singers ever on the show. Todd is more Americana/country hybrid and dare I say, a splash of soul.

I do agree with the rest though. Todd was incredibly consistent vocally, even if he imo wasn't ever the best of the night. It's what seperates him from other country finalists like Kenzie and Bryce.

Todd is more likeable than Sundance. Todd is a pastor, has, like, 8 kids.

Sundance wasn't loved much at the start. It was Billy, but during the lives everyone started falling apart, while Sundance remained consistent. That's the reason voters rewarded him.

4 hours ago, Bouli said:

Season 14 onwards, though? Yeah, I think he would've had a solid chance at winning in pretty much all of those... except MAYBE Season 19, since Carter Rubin was basically destined to win at the moment he auditioned.

Carter would've even lost to Jim if it was a longer season, IMO.

4 hours ago, Bouli said:

I also feel like viewers largely rebuked country in favor of more alternative genres in Season 13 (which is why Chloe MK won), but I can't tell if that's because the country artists were relatively weak. I'm not sure if Todd could have won that season.

Minivan loved Todd, and I'm pretty sure they'd preferred him over Chloe.

4 hours ago, Bouli said:

Only reason I'd call it a stretch is because of the unique "culture" of each season. Like, I feel like Chris Blue winning wasn't a fluke; it represented the season's embrace of R&B and dancing/footwork being integrated into performances. On top of that, Chris beat a contestant who fit many of the demographics of an ideal winner. For that reason, I can't see Todd beating Chris.

Of course it wasn't a fluke. Chris was Amazing. But don't forget Carson called it one of the closest Finale ever in terms of votes. If Lauren, who was a female in her 20s and got a lot of obscure song choices, came this close to beating Chris, then Todd, who's a male, a pastor, has decent enough beard, has 8 kids (family man), would've def gotten much better reception than Lauren.

But these all are just my speculations. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm 100% confident only about what I said regarding Jordan.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2