season1

17 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

14:45 of this video is where Morgan talked about working with Brayden on writing and recording. “Hoping to do a lot more of that next year, after the show.” 

https://m.facebook.com/100039322044598/videos/the-voice-morgan-myles-in-the-finals-12-9-22/824161628857955/

Looking forward to Brayden and Morgan co-writes. I don't know if the song Brayden posted on TikTok yesterday is one their co-writes but it sounds promising.

• Like 1

While checking the latest Spotify stats for winners and alumni, I came across this Brayden Lape playlist (songs he covered during the season):

EDIT:

Brayden does not have a Spotify artist page yet.

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

I'll give Brayden this - dude was super current, doing all the songs from country radio 2015 and beyond. Hell, doing a country song that's currently 19th in country radio, very little known, in the FINALS no less was ballsy. The only thing that would have made that performance better was if he was shooting red laser eyes like Corey Kent did in that music video. 

We also talk about, age 16, he's still trying to find himself, but in a way, all the songs he chose pointed to a distinct boyfriend-country modern identity as well. It's just that super current, modern identity doesn't play well to an audience where vocals are perceived as power.

So wouldn't be surprised if he's the only one we hear on radio within the next 10 years, from this group. Hell, if he even makes it on radio, maybe he'll be the next Corey Kent.

Edited by jork
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jork said:

I'll give Brayden this - dude was super current, doing all the songs from country radio 2015 and beyond. Hell, doing a country song that's currently 19th in country radio, very little known, in the FINALS no less was ballsy. The only thing that would have made that performance better was if he was shooting red laser eyes like Corey Kent did in that music video. 

We also talk about, age 16, he's still trying to find himself, but in a way, all the songs he chose pointed to a distinct boyfriend-country modern identity as well. It's just that super current, modern identity doesn't play well to an audience where vocals are perceived as power.

So wouldn't be surprised if he's the only one we hear on radio within the next 10 years, from this group. Hell, if he even makes it on radio, maybe he'll be the next Corey Kent.

Brayden and Corey were both criticized for advancing on The Voice further than perceived "better vocalists" in their seasons. But they both have radio-friendly voices. Corey Kent got his big break years after The Voice, when his cover of "Wild As Her" went viral. Labels then took notice and now he's got a Top 20 song (and climbing) on country radio. Hopefully, one of Brayden's future songs would get him a big break.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Parade.com: What's Next for Brayden Lape? 'The Voice' Finalist Shares His Big Plans for the Holidays and Beyond

lMmU3Au.png

This article quoted Brayden regarding writing songs and working with Morgan:

“I wrote some songs with Morgan Myles and I’m going to put those out and, hopefully, keep working with her because even before the Lives, even before going through this long process, she’s been there for me,” Brayden said in one of his final The Voice interviews. “We wrote a little bit in Nashville, and I just want to continue to write those songs, whether it be with Morgan or people she hooks me up with, or even just songs I write. I want to continue to do that and put them out for people to listen to and continue to play on bigger stages, play in front of more people. My goal is to ride this wave and not let it slow down.”

T

Brayden also talked a little about his fellow contestants:

“It’s funny to look back on those times we would get in trouble for jamming in the hallway,” he recalled. “Literally, every night we would get in trouble. Someone would come up and have a noise complaint from us going out there and having fun. It’s awesome to look back on those times. My best friends are in this Top 5. I haven’t been on other seasons of The Voice, but I am thinking this is may be the best cast.”

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Brayden's TikTok account is doing well. The video with the lowest views has 61K. Most have far more views than that.

TikTok update

3 followers 0 likes 09/14
66.9K followers 607.5K likes 12/09
74.2K followers 679K likes 12/14
77.1K followers 711.1K likes 12/16
80.1K followers 760.2K likes 12/18

81.1K followers 770.7K likes 12/21

• Like 1

More photoshoot pics! Looking forward to the release of Brayden's new music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmePvHgunqr/

PKxXMGc.png

Message below:

Music coming soon! #music #songs #originalmusic #photoshoot

And it seems Brayden is missing his Voice family...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmesDApOvmu/

NVBz1mI.png

Message below:

More pics I forgot to post! Thanks for all your support! #thevoice #nbc #teamblake #top5

• Like 1

^ As mentioned above, Brayden is  in Nashville with his mom, to record some songs.  Here are some video clips from IG stories, for those who don't have IG:

From Brayden's stories: On the way to Nashville

Did they drive 11+ hours from Michigan? :unsure: 

From Morgan's stories: "Hand it to you"

I wonder if Morgan did additional vocals for this recording?

From Brayden's stories: Dinner at Mexican restaurant.

(Note to self: check out Rio Bravo when in Nashville.)

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, season1 said:

^ As mentioned above, Brayden is  in Nashville with his mom, to record some songs.  Here are some video clips from IG stories, for those who has no IG:

I think she’s just helping with the writing and recording parts, unless she’s doing some backing vocals. Also, notice Brayden said “recording some songs,” so there’s more than one. 

Morgan is a prolific songwriter. She wrote 70 songs in three months for her “Therapy” album. She won Nashville industry awards for the album (Album of the Year and Artist of the Year. ). She probably wants to start marketing her songs more to other artists, as she should. She’ll probably write with Bryce too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, season1 said:

^ As mentioned above, Brayden is  in Nashville with his mom, to record some songs.  Here are some video clips from IG stories, for those who has no IG:

Thanks for posting these. Morgan does seem like Brayden's big sis. I'm glad she sees the potential and is willing to work with him.

• Like 1