Jump to content

The Masked Singer Season 8 -Sept 21, 2022


Recommended Posts

Amber Riley may have won the show but was not able to sing one of her hits but a cover instead. sadly she never had a chart song outside of her covers from Glee.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

 

  Hide contents

Amber Riley may have won the show but was not able to sing one of her hits but a cover instead. sadly she never had a chart song outside of her covers from Glee.

 

that's sad :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yesssssssssss! :w00tbounce: :ohyeah: 

 

I finally get a favorite to win again. :wub:  But more importantly, Amber is just INSANELY talented and one of the best this show has ever seen. :omg: Every performance was pure slayage and she deserved this win! So happy for her. ❤️ 

 

Go Nicole guessing her and so early on too! ❤️ I see the other judges continued to ignore the clue from day 1 that said she did not make it on American Idol.   :giggle: :camera: And speaking of Nicole, I'll pretend to be fine that they missed the opportunity to use Derek Hough as a clue to connect her and Nicole both winning DWTS with him. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2

 

Weird season but amazing winner. :wub: :lmao: Looking forward to next time and hopefully they won't use this format again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was one of the better finales. Both Harp and Lambs had strong performances. However, Harp left it all on the stage, especially with the gospel treatment of Gravity. She was certainly a deserving winner. With that said, my favorite part was the men in black escorting Jenny and Nicole on stage during I'm Every Woman.

 

It felt good getting both Lambs and Harp correct, although they were obvious from the beginning. I can't at Ken guessing the Kardashians for Lambs; that was a stretch, even for him.

 

Overall, this was an interesting season to say the least. The format wasn't the greatest, but this season was miles better than last season. It helped that I knew more of the acts this time around. :haha: There was certainly a lot of star power with the acts as well as the special guests. We'll see what they do next season and how many acts will they get to sign on.

 

19 hours ago, miss denise said:

And speaking of Nicole, I'll pretend to be fine that they missed the opportunity to use Derek Hough as a clue to connect her and Nicole both winning DWTS with him. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2

 

Derek Hough Thumbs Down GIF by Hairspray Live!

 

Derek doesn't seem to be too happy about it either. :lmao:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Crisis said:

It felt good getting both Lambs and Harp correct, although they were obvious from the beginning. I can't at Ken guessing the Kardashians for Lambs; that was a stretch, even for him.

 

Overall, this was an interesting season to say the least. The format wasn't the greatest, but this season was miles better than last season. It helped that I knew more of the acts this time around. :haha: There was certainly a lot of star power with the acts as well as the special guests. We'll see what they do next season and how many acts will they get to sign on.

 

 

Derek Hough Thumbs Down GIF by Hairspray Live!

 

Derek doesn't seem to be too happy about it either. :lmao:

 

It cracked me up how he guessed them, especially when he mentioned the crowd reacting "with respect." :dead: :lmao: At least I think that was about that guess.

 

I wasn't sure if I agreed but then realized I kind of forgot last season existed. :stealth: I have no idea why it's so blank in my memory. So, I might actually agree despite not caring for this season's format or even most of the acts. :lmao: 

 

:wub: This is the best response! Derek deserved better. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very happy with Harp winning. :clap: Harp/Amber Riley definitely crushed it and slayed it with each performance. :yes: Loved her performances of "The Edge of Glory" and how she brought it to church on "Gravity."

 

The Lambs did a wonderful job and were deserving of 2nd place. :yes: Lol I actually didn't know who they were for the longest time. But then it clicked to me that it was Wilson Phillips (though I guessed The Wilson Sisters at first lmao).... when I saw behind the scene footage of the lambs - of Carnie in her regular outfits and undoing her hair in some pony tail or something (though you couldn't see her face). Lmao that was revealing to me and just made me think of her. :dead: 

 

Yeah like most people said, this was a really interesting and weird season with its format, which I wasn't a fan of. At least we got an amazing winner out of it. I'm not really sure which season I preferred between last season or this season. Both were kinda low points... and kinda making me lose some love/interest in the show, tbh. 🙈 But the select amazing talent/singers keeps me into this, so there's that at least.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/30/2022 at 10:03 PM, miss denise said:

And speaking of Nicole, I'll pretend to be fine that they missed the opportunity to use Derek Hough as a clue to connect her and Nicole both winning DWTS with him. bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2

Oh I glanced at this and was wondering when/if they used Derek as a clue but then I saw that they hadn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oooh and the first hour of the show was really good. I liked that they showed a lot of behind the scenes and new footage of stuff - and more content of the Final 2 and past eliminated contestants. I feared it was just going to be a boring recap show with not much new stuff. They should keep this format for a 2-hour final. :yes: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Oh I glanced at this and was wondering when/if they used Derek as a clue but then I saw that they hadn't.

 

If they did, then I didn't see it. 😭  When she brought out the photo of Oprah last week, I was asking why it wasn't Derek. :dead: 

 

20 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I feared it was just going to be a boring recap show with not much new stuff. They should keep this format for a 2-hour final. :yes: 

 

This made me :giggle: But agree it's always better with some new stuff! 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

last week was the finale but we get a holiday special tonight . they had them in previous years and we get it this year as well.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jdanton2 said:

last week was the finale but we get a holiday special tonight . they had them in previous years and we get it this year as well.

 

 

not much else on, I'll watch this for fun

 

https://ustvgo.tv/fox-hd-live-streaming/ stream, Deco Drive is on right now, Masked Singer after

Link to comment
Share on other sites

was not asking to see The Bride again.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

good to see some from previous seasons performing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was a cute and fun Christmas special.  I wish we saw a few more new performances from this season's cast, but at least we still got a few new performances (from the Top 3 & The Bride. Makes me wonder how The Bride of past eliminated contestants got a singing performance spot?). And it was fun seeing the older past performances from past years too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...