⚠️Matthew Morrison fired from SYTYCD ⚠️-Replaced by Leah Remini

• istersay changed the title to ⚠️Matthew Morrison fired from SYTYCD for flirty texts to contestant

"Morrison’s replacement will join the other two judges, Stephen “tWitch” Boss and JoJo Siwa, when the Top 12 perform for America’s vote beginning with the June 15 episode. That new judge will be announced at a later time."

https://www.tvinsider.com/1046441/so-you-think-you-can-dance-matthew-morrison-leaving/

wonder who

Matthew Morrison married Renee Puente on the island of Maui in 2014. They have two children: a son born 10/22/17 and a daughter born 06/28/21.

The SYTYCD job probably paid decently and definitely gave Morrison an opportunity to be seen by lots of viewers.

Yet he does this...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RTV said:

Matthew Morrison married Renee Puente on the island of Maui in 2014. They have two children: a son born 10/22/17 and a daughter born 06/28/21.

The SYTYCD job probably paid decently and definitely gave Morrison an opportunity to be seen by lots of viewers.

Yet he does this...

how could he not worry about losing everything :whut:

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Idiot.

to say the least, ruined a good opportunity

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I will never understand people like this. It very easy to not send gross texts to people. Look at me! I'm not doing it right now. 

:lmao: I don't get the mindset either 

have their been rumors on who the new judge will be? hope it's someone fun who knows what they're talking about

1 minute ago, istersay said:

have their been rumors on who the new judge will be? hope it's someone fun who knows what they're talking about

I haven't seen anything yet. 

I would assume that when they were selecting JoJo/Matthew/Twitch this season that they had a short list of other people they vetted, and that they could just pick one of those. Also, Robert Roldan is an assistant producer and he was in charge of the initial audition screening, so obviously he'd be a very easy choice to slide in. I'm sure Nigel would be another easy choice since he has experience and is still a producer as far as I know. Jeff Thacker is the executive producer and another one who would be on set and was involved in the screening process so he is another emergency option. And of course Twitch knows Allison pretty well and she has experience experience as an all star, DWTS pro, and a mentor on S14. 

16 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

I haven't seen anything yet. 

I would assume that when they were selecting JoJo/Matthew/Twitch this season that they had a short list of other people they vetted, and that they could just pick one of those. Also, Robert Roldan is an assistant producer and he was in charge of the initial audition screening, so obviously he'd be a very easy choice to slide in. I'm sure Nigel would be another easy choice since he has experience and is still a producer as far as I know. Jeff Thacker is the executive producer and another one who would be on set and was involved in the screening process so he is another emergency option. And of course Twitch knows Allison pretty well and she has experience experience as an all star, DWTS pro, and a mentor on S14. 

never thought I'd say this but it might be fun to see Nigel on here again

Okay, he is defending himself, video on TMZ

He opens it by saying, "It's unfortunate that I have to sit here and defend myself and my family against blatantly untrue statements made anonymously, but I have nothing to hide. So, in the interest of transparency ... I will read to you the one message I wrote to a dancer on the show."

He then reads the message, which we've verified as being sent on April 25 at 12:34 AM and says, "Hey! It's Matthew. If you don't mind, would love to get your number and talk you through some things ..."

Morrison then explains he wanted to connect with the contestant because they share a "mutual respect" for a choreographer, and he wanted to get said choreographer a job on the show.

Our sources say it was the contestant who reported the message to show producers as being potentially problematic.

https://www.tmz.com/watch/2022-06-02-060222-matthew-morrison-1434822/

not sure what to think after that, it seems there must be more to it for them to fire him when the show just started 😕

22 minutes ago, istersay said:

not sure what to think after that, it seems there must be more to it for them to fire him when the show just started 😕

yeah, it's the fact that producers thought this incident was enough to fire him that makes me still give the side-eye. I'm wondering if he breached his contract or if they bought him out or something

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

yeah, it's the fact that producers thought this incident was enough to fire him that makes me still give the side-eye. I'm wondering if he breached his contract or if they bought him out or something

we may never know the truth. He said  statements against him were made 'anonymously', so maybe there are more details than that short message, but he shouldn't message contestants even if it's something innocent, it doesn't look right for fairness

I seem to be in the minority, but I hope Mary Murphy replaces Matthew. She's passionate about dance—and it shows. She has a degree in physical education from Ohio University with a minor in modern dance. Mary opened her award-winning Champion Ballroom Academy in 1990.

https://www.championballroom.com/about As an American ballroom dance champion, accredited dance judge, dance instructor, and choreographer, she is far more qualified than tWitch or JoJo. I doubt Mary is being considered as Matthew's replacement, though. She's 64, and producers apparently want younger panelists.

Nigel (72) is also fine with me. I feel the panel needs at least one person with strong ballroom experience, so I would rather have either of them than Robert, Allison, or Jeff.

Edited by RTV

21 hours ago, RTV said:

I seem to be in the minority, but I hope Mary Murphy replaces Matthew. She's passionate about dance—and it shows. She has a degree in physical education from Ohio University with a minor in modern dance. Mary opened her award-winning Champion Ballroom Academy in 1990.

https://www.championballroom.com/about As an American ballroom dance champion, accredited dance judge, dance instructor, and choreographer, she is far more qualified than tWitch or JoJo. I doubt Mary is being considered as Matthew's replacement, though. She's 64, and producers apparently want younger panelists.

Nigel (72) is also fine with me. I feel the panel needs at least one person with strong ballroom experience, so I would rather have either of them than Robert, Allison, or Jeff.

I would also like a panelist with strong ballroom experience, but they could get some from Dancing With the Stars.

What?? :shock:

Leah Remini Replaces Matthew Morrison as Judge on So You Think You Can Dance

de334a728cb24e969fbdd0ee38c33426_md.jpg

The sitcom star was previously a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars," as well as a guest judge.

As promised, "So You Think You Can Dance" has revealed their replacement for new judge Matthew Morrison, who was let go for purportedly violating his contract in privately reaching out to a contestant.

With all of the famous dancers out there, as well as former judges NIgel Lythgoe and "ballroom expert" Mary Murphy still available, the show went with ... "King of Queens" star Leah Remini.

https://toofab.com/2022/06/12/leah-remini-replaces-matthew-morrison-judge-so-you-think-you-can-dance/

• Haha 1

• istersay changed the title to ⚠️Matthew Morrison fired from SYTYCD ⚠️-Replaced by Leah Remini

Well, at least Leah was from Dancing With the Stars.  But when I suggested that they could get someone from that show, I was thinking more of a former dance pro than a celebrity who had been on the show, like Maks.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 2

Well, at least Leah was from Dancing With the Stars.  But when I suggested that they could get someone from that show, I was thinking more of a former dance pro than a celebrity who had been on the show, like Maks.

Yes, Leah competed on DWTS and finished in fifth place. But there are lots of trained dancers and experienced choreographers who are more qualified to judge So You Think You Can Dance. Maks is a good suggestion. Other former DWTS professionals that come to mind are Kym Johnson-Herjavec and Karina Smirnoff.

• Like 1

I think that Leah was more competent than David, although I could be wrong on that.

I think aliasocfan is referring to David Ross returning as a guest judge for the semifinals of DWTS: Athletes (season 26) on 05/14/18. (Leah was a guest judge for week four of season 28.)

As far as competence, neither Leah nor David was amazing. David was the runner-up of season 24; Leah finished fifth in season 17. Leah is six years older than David and is mainly known as an actress/host, while he's a professional baseball catcher/manager. Between those two, she is the better choice for SYTYCD judge.

If SYTYCD wants a former DWTS contestant as a panelist, Rashad Jennings is an option. He won season 24 and seemed to really enjoy learning to dance. His partnership with Emma Slater was special. The running back reportedly spent a total of 362 hours in rehearsals, which was the most of any contestant that season by far. After winning the mirror ball trophy, he joined Dancing with the Stars: Live! Hot Summer Nights tour as a celebrity guest. Rashad returned to the show as a trio partner in seasons 25 and 27. He was a guest judge for week two of season 26. Rashad even taught some ballroom dance classes.

https://www.giants.com/news/former-rb-rashad-jennings-teaches-first-dance-class-20022786

Edited by RTV

10 hours ago, RTV said:

I think aliasocfan is referring to David Ross returning as a guest judge for the semifinals of DWTS: Athletes (season 26) on 05/14/18. (Leah was a guest judge for week four of season 28.)

As far as competence, neither Leah nor David was amazing. David was the runner-up of season 24; Leah finished fifth in season 17. Leah is six years older than David and is mainly known as an actress/host, while he's a professional baseball catcher/manager. Between those two, she is the better choice for SYTYCD judge.

If SYTYCD wants a former DWTS contestant as a panelist, Rashad Jennings is an option. He won season 24 and seemed to really enjoy learning to dance. His partnership with Emma Slater was special. The running back reportedly spent a total of 362 hours in rehearsals, which was the most of any contestant that season by far. After winning the mirror ball trophy, he joined Dancing with the Stars: Live! Hot Summer Nights tour as a celebrity guest. Rashad returned to the show as a trio partner in seasons 25 and 27. He was a guest judge for week two of season 26. Rashad even taught some ballroom dance classes.

https://www.giants.com/news/former-rb-rashad-jennings-teaches-first-dance-class-20022786

Yeah, Rashad would have been a great option.  Maybe Leah was the only one that they could get on rather short notice.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I didn't know she did DWTS, I haven't seen it for a long time, that makes me a little more hopeful, but still think they could have gotten someone in Dance, yes Maks would have been great. I think she can be really funny, but is that what's needed for this?, still remembering when Ellen tried to judge Idol ghosting.gif

My bet is that Leah's experience as a dancer on DWTS held less weight to the producers than the fact that she was a guest judge on DWTS in Season 28. Yeah it was only once lol but at least it shows that she can handle the pressure of judging. But if the shows aren't live this year then idk why they would be so concerned... who knows.