http://www.theidolpad.com/2022/02/ai20-semi-finals-top-24-song-choices.html

22 of 24

Launched Monday, February 14th

Last Updated Wednesday, February 16th

Allegra Miles - "Adore You" by Harry Styles

Ava Maybee - "Tell Me Something Good" by Rufus & Chaka Khan

Cadence Baker - "Something's Got A Hold On Me" by Etta James

Cameron Whitcomb - "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Christian Guardino - "Leave The Door Open" by Silk Sonic (Anderson Paak & Bruno Mars)

Daniel Marshall - "Heaven" by Bryan Adams

Danielle Finn - "Your Song" by Elton John

Elli Rowe (with guitar) - "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac

Emyrson Flora - T.B.D.

Fritz Hager (with guitar) - "Waves" by Dean Lewis

Hunter Girl - T.B.D.

Jacob Moran - "In My Blood" by Shawn Mendes

Jay Copeland - "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5

Katyrah Love - "Blame It On The Boogie" by The Jackson 5

Kenedi Anderson - "Human" by Christina Perri

Kezia Istonia (a.k.a. Lady K.) - "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood

Leah Marlene (with guitar) - "Call Me" by Blondie

Mike Parker - "Best Shot" by Jimmie Allen

Nicolina Bozzo - "Elastic Heart" by Sia

Noah Thompson (with guitar) - "Blue Side Of The Mountain" by The SteelDrivers

Sage - "Jolene" by Dolly Parton

Scarlet Ayliz - "Levitating" by Dua Lipa

Sir Blayke - "Breakeven (Falling To Pieces)" by The Script

Tristen Gressett - "With A Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles

Edited by Idol Maniac

The female song choices are VERY uninspired this season. Will they sound bad? No, probably not. But do we want to hear the 500th cover of songs like Elastic Heart and Human? Thats also a no. Elli and Allegra seem to be the only contestants who truly took a risk imo. Literally every other sing choice is overdone (besides Scarlet singing Levitating, but that performance is likely a lost cause either way.)

Edited by m1key

1 hour ago, m1key said:

The female song choices are VERY uninspired this season. Will they sound bad? No, probably not. But do we want to hear the 500th cover of songs like Elastic Heart and Human? Thats also a no. Elli and Allegra seem to be the only contestants who truly took a risk imo. Literally every other sing choice is overdone (besides Scarlet singing Levitating, but that performance is likely a lost cause either way.)

Also, how is Lady K singing Before He Cheats not considered a risk? That song is hard enough for country singers to tackle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Also, how is Lady K singing Before He Cheats not considered a risk? That song is hard enough for country singers to tackle.

Maybe its a risk considering shes a Pop/R&B artist doing a country song, but like Carrie_On said, Before He Cheats is a very karoke song that is overdone and not all that impressive at this point.

Edited by m1key

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

It might be a risky choice but I also don't think it's a very good choice either.

Edited by QueenKalie

26 minutes ago, m1key said:

Maybe its a risk considering shes a Pop/R&B artist doing a country song, but like Carrie_On said, Before He Cheats is a very karoke song that is overdone and not all that impressive at this point.

I thought her rendition was impressive :stealth:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been slacking off on the spoilers but I saw that some of y'all were able to find videos from Hawaii. I JUST found out that someone finally decided to cover my favorite song of all time thanks to this list!

Does there happen to be a video of Elli Rowe's performance floating around anywhere? I'd appreciate it. ❤️

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I've been slacking off on the spoilers but I saw that some of y'all were able to find videos from Hawaii. I JUST found out that someone finally decided to cover my favorite song of all time thanks to this list!

Does there happen to be a video of Elli Rowe's performance floating around anywhere? I'd appreciate it. ❤️

I haven’t seen a video of that one, but I’ll let you know if I come across one.