Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

Congratulations to the Top 15 of Generation IX !!!!!

908.png914.png923.png927.png956.png964.png971.png973.png979.png983.png1002.png1004.png1008.png1017.png1019.png

#908 - Meowscarada

#914 - Quaquaval

#923 - Pawmot

#927 - Dachsbun

#956 - Espathra

#964 - Palafin

#971 - Greavard

#973 - Flamigo

#979 - Annihilape

#982 - Kingambit

#1002 - Chien-Pao

#1004 - Chi-Yu

#1008 - Miraidon

#1017 - Ogerpon

#1019 - Hydrapple

Please send in your rankings by Sunday 3rd at noon Eastern. A Write-ups is required for your #1. You can also pick one Pokemon to be included into the Robbery Gallery. 

@NGM

@Steven_

@Solaris

@FrogLenzen

@.Rei

@Crisis

@hayden98

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (Submit your rankings!)

The Pokemon entering the Robbed Gallery is................. Baxcalibur!

998.png

Baxcalibur - 7 Votes

Iron Moth - 1 Vote

Dudunsparce - 1 Vote

Fuecoco - 1 Vote

Ceruledge - 1 Vote

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

#15. Pawmot

923.png

Avg: 10.57

@Steven_ - 3

@.Rei - 9

@Crisis - 9

@FrogLenzen - 10

@NGM - 14

@hayden98 - 14

@Solaris- 15

Rei

probably in my top 3 Pika-clone... It's a good Pokemon that helps you along the way but you eventually move them to a box around the 30~ 

Crisis

It not being much different from Pawmo design-wise is a little disappointing. However, it's still a very good Pokémon to use.

Derek

why make this a 3 stage evolution when the design is basically identical??

Nico

It's hardly the worst pikaclone we have ever had, and at least they gave it an evolutionary line. Still not my thing.

Sola

did we need this terrible pika-clone in the end?  Absolutely not.

#14. Greavard

971.png

Avg: 10.14

Nico - 3

Hayden - 8

Steven - 10

Sola - 12

Rei - 12

Crisis - 13

Derek - 13

Nico

... its a dog pokemon

Sola

its fine, but its finishing move is awesome.

Rei

I echo everyone and say that it is cute

Crisis

A cute design but other than that I don't have much to say.

Derek

Houndstone is creepy. Why couldn't it stay cute

(tie) #12-13. Kingambit

983.png

Avg: 9.00

Crisis - 2

Hayden - 7

Sola - 8

Derek - 9

Nico - 10

Steven - 13

Rei - 14

Crisis

I didn't think Bisharp needed an evolution because it was great as it was. However, once I saw this thing, I'm glad it did. This is one of the coolest Gen IX Pokémon both design and usability wise. It has one of the best abilities with Supreme Overlord and has a great movepool to take advantage of its stats and abilities. Its two biggest flaws are speed and typing, but the latter can be addressed by changing its Tera type. Without question, this is one of my favorite Gen IX and overall Pokémon.

Sola

an upgrade to an already strong pokemon.

Nico

Its fine, don't care for it

Rei

no attachments to it.. it's strong but I just evolved it to complete the Pokedex and it is sitting nicely in box #12

Edited by .Rei
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

(tie) #12-13. Palafin

964.png964_f2.png

Avg: 9.00

@Steven_ - 1

@Crisis - 6

@NGM - 6

@.Rei - 11

@FrogLenzen - 11

@Solaris- 13

@hayden98 - 15

Steven

Palafin is my favorite Pokémon from this generation. We finally got a dolphin Pokémon with the Finizen/Palafin line, and Palafin does not disappoint. It does have a gimmick with its Zero to Hero ability, but it does pay off. I have a Palafin on my Pokémon Scarlet team, and he was a very reliable team member throughout my entire playthrough.

Crisis

I didn't care for this at first because it wasn't much of a change from Finizen design-wise. Once I learned of it's ability, however, I was all in. It's such a cool concept. The only nitpick I have is that the execution could be better.

Nico

I feel I should like it more than I do? I blame the Hero Form (kinda)

Rei

I don't like the gimmick.. had I actually used it, I probably would like it more

Sola

cool concept! Low because I am annoyed Ceruledge was not advanced.

#11. Hydrapple

1019.png

Avg: 8.86

Hayden - 5

Steven - 5

Sola - 5

Derek - 7

Nico - 11

Crisis - 14

Rei - 15

Sola

This was such a cool edition to the DLC.  I just wish the other forms of dipplin would get evolutions now!

Nico

Somewhat here for the goofy looking dragon pokemon.

Crisis

This is here mostly because I have yet to play the DLC. It has an interesting design to say the least.

Rei

it was one of the last Pokemon I obtained and I didnt really play with it hence there no attachment

(tie) #9-10. Miraidon

1008.png

Avg: 8.43

Hayden - 4

Sola - 4

Rei - 7

Crisis - 7

Steven - 7

Derek - 15

Nico - 15

Hayden

Koraidon is superior, but Miraidon is still great. I love the two sandwich eating legends

Sola

great design, very strong.

Rei

generic? maybe! did I have fun riding it the whole game? yeah.. it is pretty strong and has a cool story

Crisis

It's a shame Kiraidon couldn't make it as well. However, Miraidon is a beast of a Pokémon that has a great futuristic design. A case where I am a fan of both box legendaries.

Derek

the weird motorcycle dragons never did anything for me. Sandwich is iconic tho.

Nico

Another stereotypical Dragon-type legendary eh? *shoves it in last place*

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (12-10 Posted)
Posted (edited)

(tie) #9-10. Dachsbun

927.png

Avg: 8.43

@hayden98 - 1

@Steven_ - 4

@NGM - 7

@.Rei - 8

@Solaris- 10

@FrogLenzen - 14

@Crisis - 15

Hayden

I’ve personally always been a big fan of food-based Pokemon, dog Pokemon, and fairy types, so of course I’m going to stan the bread dog. Fidough was already adorable, and Dachsbun is both cute and cool imo. Stat-wise, Dachsbun has pretty good attack, special defense, and speed, and great defense. Its hp and special attack aren’t so great, but I still was able to get great use out of this Pokemon during my original Scarlet playthrough. I also like their signature ability, Well-Baked Body, which renders fire type attacks useless and only increases their defense by two stages. Dachsbun isn’t my favorite from this gen (Dudunsparce, Lokix, Fuecoco, and maybe Grafaiai overtake them), but they’re still an excellent ‘mon and I’m more than happy to give them first place!

Nico

Rei

a dog/bread fairy pokemon??? count me in!

Sola

I like Dachsbuns but I would trade it in a second for Ceruledge in this final.

Crisis

wouldn't have this in my personal Top 15 Gen IX Pokémon, but good for it making it here.

#8. Flamigo

973.png

Avg: 8.14

Hayden - 3

Derek - 3

Nico - 5

Sola - 9

Crisis - 10

Rei - 13

Steven - 14

Hayden

IT’S LITERALLY JUST A FLAMINGO I LOVE THEM. For real though, Flamigo isn’t complex design wise, but it’s so on the nose that it works for me.

Derek

Between the design and the name and the typing, this is sooooo silly that it loops around and becomes iconic.

Nico

11/10 goofy design, no notes

Sola

I personally didn't use it in my playthrough, but thats because I found it so late.  I think its a good concept.

Crisis

This thing is so derpy looking I can't help but enjoy it. It also was pretty effective when I used it a few times.

Rei

I feel know like I've missed out a lot by never using Flamigo

(tie) #6-7. Ogerpon

1017.png1017_f2.png1017_f3.png1017_f4.png

Avg: 7.71

Sola - 1

Rei - 3

Derek - 6

Steven - 8

Hayden - 11

Crisis - 12

Nico - 13

Sola

I love Ogerpon and such a welcome edition to the franchise.  It probably would have been #2 if Ceruledge had advanced, but yall have terrible taste.

Rei

The Teal Mask was tedious but the story was on point! and most of it comes from how cool Ogerpon is. Easily my favorite legendary from this Gen and the fact that is a grass only makes me like it more 

Crisis

The mask option appears to be a cool concept. Maybe this one will rank higher should I get around to playing the DLC.

Nico

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Edited by .Rei

(tie) #6-7. Espathra

956.png

Avg: 7.71

@Solaris - 2

@NGM - 4

@FrogLenzen - 5

@hayden98 - 10

@.Rei - 10

@Crisis - 11

@Steven_ - 12

Sola

I am not sure why I like this ostrich so much.  But I got one early on with a hidden ability and it dominated my playthrough.

Nico

Honestly, if you delete Squawkabilly, they kinda ate up the bird designs this generation

Rei

I haven't really used it but it is a top design

Crisis

This gets tricky because I enjoy all of my Top 11 from this set. Unfortunately, Espathra lands at the bottom; however, I still like it a lot.

(tie)#4-5. Quaquaval

914.png

Avg: 7.14

Steven - 2

Sola - 3

Rei - 4

Crisis - 8

Nico - 9

Hayden - 12

Derek - 12

Sola

my starter of choice.  Gay rights.

Rei

Love them!!! Great design and super strong!

Crisis

It's a good thing this one is so effective in battle because it has such an odd design and movement to say the least. It's my least favorite Paldean starter, but it's still a great overall Pokémon.

Nico

(tie) #4-5. Meowscarada

908.png

Avg: 7.14

Rei - 2

Crisis - 3

Steven - 6

Derek - 8

Nico - 8

Hayden - 9

Sola - 14

Rei

Funnily enough I was team Quaquaval at the beginning but Meowscarada ended up winning me over! Favorite starter from this Gen

Crisis

Hands down my favorite Paldean starter. It's the one I used during my Scarlet playthrough and has bailed me out on a number of occasions. It has a great concept, and I enjoy its design despite it taking me some time to get used to.

Steven

Derek

Sprigatito deserved but this one is not that bad actually.

Nico

Sola

I loved the second evolution, and hate this one.  Flower Trick is a sick move though.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon: The Mini-Rankdowns (Gen IX Posted) (6-4 Posted)