Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2015 winner has been revealed.

QueenKalie

Congrats to our top 20! 

War Paint - Madeline Merlo
Take Me Home - Jess Moskaluke
Unlove You - Jennifer Nettles
Blue Ain’t Your Color - Keith Urban
I Like The Sound of That - Rascal Flatts
T-Shirt - Thomas Rhett
From The Ground Up - Dan + Shay
Thy Will - Hillary Scott & The Scott Family
HOLY - Florida Georgia Line
Humble and Kind - Tim McGraw
My Church - Maren Morris
Peter Pan - Kelsea Ballerini
Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
Different For Girls - Elle King feat. Dierks Bentley
Record Year - Eric Church
Sleep Without You - Brett Young
Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton
Dirty Laundry - Carrie Underwood
Fight Like A Girl - Kalie Shorr
Why Baby Why - Mickey Guyton

Part 7

It's time for everyone to rank the top 20! Once again comments will be required for your rankings to count. I will be going to Nashville for CMA fest on the 8th so I am going to set the deadline at Sunday June 5 at 7 P.M Central time so I have time to tabulate the rankings and post the results before I leave.  I will be out of town for like 2 weeks because after that I am going to Chicago to visit family so the game will take a little bit of a break in June.  @1234567890 @*Chris @*Diana @*Wallace @Steven_ @jarmon @taylorkat

War Paint - Madeline Merlo
Take Me Home - Jess Moskaluke
Unlove You - Jennifer Nettles
Blue Ain’t Your Color - Keith Urban
I Like The Sound of That - Rascal Flatts
T-Shirt - Thomas Rhett
From The Ground Up - Dan + Shay
Thy Will - Hillary Scott & The Scott Family
HOLY - Florida Georgia Line
Humble and Kind - Tim McGraw
My Church - Maren Morris
Peter Pan - Kelsea Ballerini
Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
Different For Girls - Elle King feat. Dierks Bentley
Record Year - Eric Church
Sleep Without You - Brett Young
Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton
Dirty Laundry - Carrie Underwood
Fight Like A Girl - Kalie Shorr
Why Baby Why - Mickey Guyton

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2016 Rankings due Sunday at 7 PM Central Time

20. Different For Girls - Elle King feat. Dierks Bentley 

Elle-King-Dierks-Bentley-credit-Matthew-

QK 14

Wallace 17

Diana 18 

Akshar 18

Gigi 20

Comments:  

QK: I do like Dierks but this isn't one of my favorites from him. Plus Elle isn't the strongest vocalist out there. 

Wallace: Just a minor note but shouldn't Dierks be the lead artist with Elle as the featured artist? This was a song I kinda rememberd some years ago but forgot all about it before this round. This is a really nice duet from Dierks and Elle, both of whom I never would have imagined to duet together. They both sound really good and bring a great emotional connection to the song. This is an interesting song and I like how they sing about the difference guys and girls handle heartbreak (though it's not the same way for all guys or all girls per se). It's not something I really thought that closely on but this song brings great attention to that subject matter.

Akshar:  I thought this was an alright song that some nice moments. I really love Elle King, y'all should listen to her cover of "My Neck, My Back"  I think the lyrics of the song are so true and relatable, it's just that it's kinda of a dud of a song overall for me.

Diana: 

Just not my cup of tea of song so I am going to rank it low, nothing personal or petty.

Gigi:  I don't care for Elle's voice on this one.  It sounds okay when she sings with Dierks, but the song does nothing for me overall.

19. Record Year - Eric Church

maxresdefault.jpg

Diana 7 

Gigi 15

QK 15 

Akshar 20

Wallace 20

Comments:

Diana:  I went to see him live a few years back he gives a great show. 

Gigi:  I like it, just another case of liking the other songs above this more.

QK: Eric Church is okay but I am not a fanboi of his or anything. There are worse but better man than him.

Akshar: Yeah, this was okay. It's just not something I would listen to gain after this to be honest. 

Wallace:  I'm not really much of an Eric Church fan and couldn't really name you his songs if I could try, lmao. He sounds nice here and sings the song with nice sincerity to it. It doesn't do too much for me but it's fine. I like the James Brown mention though, lol.llace:

Would have ranked Eric in the bottom tier so okay with this ranking. 

I don't mind his music but I've had a sour taste ever since he talked sh!t about reality tv contestants making it in the business like Carrie & Miranda. 

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

I don't mind his music but I've had a sour taste ever since he talked sh!t about reality tv contestants making it in the business like Carrie & Miranda. 

Hmm I did not know that so yeah 19 is a good spot  for him then. :giggle:

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

Hmm I did not know that so yeah 19 is a good spot  for him then. :giggle:

"Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green turn around in a red chair, you got a deal? That's crazy," says Church. "I don't know what would make an art­ist do that. You're not an artist." He went on to say that he believes getting involved in these shows taints an artist's legacy. "Once your career becomes about some­thing other than the music, then that's what it is. I'll never make that mistake. I don't care if I starve."

Lambert, who found major success in the industry after competing on Nashville Star tweeted, "Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010."

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

"Honestly, if Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green turn around in a red chair, you got a deal? That's crazy," says Church. "I don't know what would make an art­ist do that. You're not an artist." He went on to say that he believes getting involved in these shows taints an artist's legacy. "Once your career becomes about some­thing other than the music, then that's what it is. I'll never make that mistake. I don't care if I starve."

Lambert, who found major success in the industry after competing on Nashville Star tweeted, "Thanks Eric Church for saying I'm not a real artist. Or @kelly_clarkson, @carrieunderwood & @KeithUrban. Your welcome for the tour in 2010."

Awful statement. But I love Miranda's tweet  :giggle:

Ooh just saw this starting. 

Hmm I'm okay with the Bottom 2 here. Would have preferred Dierks/Elle a little higher but nothing too upsetting here.

I totally forgot about the Eric Church/Reality TV singers comments but remember that controversy some years ago.

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2016 top 20 rankings being revealed.

18. Thy Will - Hillary Scott & The Scott Family

art_img_1804.jpg

Wallace 10 

Akshar 10

QK 16

Gigi 17

Diana 20

Comments:

Wallace: It's nice to see Hillary Scott shine with a solo project away from Lady A for a moment here. This is a really moving and beautiful song with a powerful message, and her vocals are just as beautiful as the song. I also like the Contemporary Christian feel this song has as that genre really suits her voice. I'm kinda sad I didn't vote for this in the voting round but now happy it won the randomizer pick as I liked this more than I realized.

Akshar: This song is so damn emotional, my goodness. Hillary's voice is absolutely gorgeous and when she sings "They Will be done", CHILLS! This song is so emotional and sad and just grasping everything she's gone through is so sad. Truly a beautiful song.

QK: I didn't know that Hilary Scott released solo music at one point. Good for her on that but it suffers from me only having listened to it once. 

Gigi: It's nice, but I don't see myself going back to it.

Diana: Easy #20 for me due to the fact I don't find anything good about it. Not one of Hilary's best sorry to any fans.

Aww I thought Hillary's "Thy Will" would have fared a little better (but then I got to remember my predictions have to change). I guess I was really into this song while listening to it because I didn't expect to rank it as high as 10th. :haha: Wish it could have done a little better but that's okay.