Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#36-33 posted)

Mistake006

36. Fousheé (Team Adam)

Fousheé’s blind audition of “Redbone” was awesome. The whistle note came out of nowhere but it was so satisfying, clear, and well-controlled!! I loved the audience’s reaction to the high note as well. You can actually hear someone in the audience shout “OH MY GOD?!” halfway through. I’ll admit opening was a bit shaky, but the climax made up for it, but that’s probably just because I’m a sucker for high notes. I think her growls are also an underrated aspect of her audition. Fousheé actually holds a record on The Voice US, as she hit the highest note ever hit on the show (G#5, tied with Shi’Ann Jones, but I think Fousheé’s was much clearer and just better overall, so I’m gonna say she holds the record) I definitely didn’t expect her to pick Adam. Maybe she just thought there she’d have less competition on his team? Adam ended up pairing Fousheé against one of his front-runners, RADHA. I’m guessing Adam had no idea what to do with Fousheé (perhaps he didn’t understand her musical style?) and so gave them a song that was advantageous to Radha. Either way, it doesn’t matter when she got eliminated, considering Fousheé is probably the most relevant person from Season 15 today, with 3.5 million monthly Spotify listeners. Fousheé’s post-show success is no thanks to the show of course, considering they montaged her off the show and she was given very little screen time at all. The producers obviously didn’t recognize the potential she had. I originally had her and Audri higher on the list, considering I didn’t have much negative to say about them, but that’s probably just because we only heard one of their performances in full.

The hint was a reference to Fousheé’s song, “my slime” (beautiful song btw, you should check it out)

https://youtu.be/rfMgmDDHR7k

35. Audri Bartholomew (Team Jennifer)

Audri sang “Never Enough” in her Blind Audition, before it was overdone. To this day, her and Sharane Calister’s renditions are the only performances of this song i’ve really enjoyed on The Voice US. She was a one-chair-turn on Team JHud, which makes sense considering that Jennifer loved the song choice, and the other judges likely thought Team JHud was the right choice for Audri. As Blake said, “That’s where you need to be.” Jennifer seemed on the fence about turning around, but ended up hitting her button at the last minute. Since Jennifer loved the song so much, it makes sense that she’d be more critical. Never Enough is certainly a difficult song to sing, and I think she did well besides some breath issues. Jennifer and Audri even did a little duet together after her performance, and it was awesome!! I remember thinking at the time that Audri would be Jennifer’s dark horse, but unfortunately it didn’t turn out that way. Jennifer paired Audri against her other one-chair-turn female vocalist, MaKenzie Thomas. Probably seemed like an even pairing at the time, considering they were both one-chair-turns and the song was fair to both of them, but I think Jennifer saw that MaKenzie would end up having a crazy breakout moment later on. Like many other contestants, I would have liked to see Audri go further. She definitely had potential on Team JHud. I remember seeing YouTube comments comparing Audri to Beyoncé. I think that may be a little generous, but that’s obviously a huge complement.  I originally had her and Fousheé higher on the list, considering I didn’t have much negative to say about either of them, but that’s really just because we only heard one of their performances in full.

Edited by Mistake006

34. Steve Memmolo (Team Adam)

Ben Affleck Steve Memmolo is the first playoff eliminee to be ranked on this list. He was never a very popular contestant, even though he was never properly montaged once, which is surprising for the Season of Many Montages. There wasn’t much memorable about him, but he was definitely skilled and he had good stage presence.  His battle was short-clipped, and overall very plain tbh. We didn’t hear him much individually so there’s not much to say here, expect that Steve’s win was justified. His knockout was pretty solid. I remember being mad at the time that he beat Delaney Silvernell, but I’ve grown to appreciate the performance and I think the win was totally justified now, thought the arrangement was kinda… repetitive. Steve was given a fairly obscure song in the Playoffs. It was better than I remembered it being, but his elimination was justified. Steve had a more successful post-show music career than the average Voice contestant. He sang “Stand In The Darkness”, a beautiful soundtrack from the popular anime, “Jujustu Kaisen” (that’s where the clue is from) I was surprised when I learned this, just because it’s pretty rare to incidentally hear about a Voice contestant after the show💀 

33. Emily Hough (Team Adam)

Yet ANOTHER Team Adam contestant. I enjoyed Emily Hough’s audition. She has a great tone and the song choice was fresh (more Joni Mitchell covers on the show please??) Overall, her audition was pleasant to listen to, and was deserving of those 3 chairs. Kelly prevented Emily audition from being a 4 chair turn. Emily would have been great on Team Kelly, and she probably would have taken her further than Adam did, although she did have similar contestants on her team, so I understand why Kelly didn’t turn. Pairing Emily up against Reagan Strange in the battles was the obvious choice for Adam, being his other teen girl pop artist. It was a great pairing, and a beautiful battle. They were about the same age and had a similar amount of singing experience, but Reagan was a more skilled singer, and it showed. Though her Reagan were similar singers, if Adam picked Emily as the winner, she wouldn’t have made it as far as Reagan did, so I think her elimination was justified, even though she did perform well in her battle.

Edited by Mistake006

• Mistake006 changed the title to Mistake’s The Voice Season 15 Contestant Ranking List (#36-33 posted)