Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As of now, no mention of Twitter there. Of course TPTB could change the rules at any minute, and we know they want an Ariana finalist. That's why they are doing 4 PVs + 1 Instant Save this time around (it was announced on the NBC calendar).

I really hope they keep integrity and just let it be via normal voting, or going even further, that Joshua could nab a PV there.

OK that makes me feel a SMIDGEN better about his chances.....

I now want Holly to get PV on Semis so TPTB won't bend over backwards to try and get Ariana a slot on the Finale.

2 hours ago, Persy said:

Holy moly Joshua did incredible! That was my favorite from him and that was one of the hardest songs in the world. He killed that! He proves that we shouldn't underestimate him. I'm voting for everyone!

I'm sure Joshua appreciates your vote!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Joshua killed it again this week, even if I was skeptical about the song choice. This might actually be my favorite performance from him!

Hope he makes it through this week.

Same TBH. Bandzilla has let me down so many times before, and this song has the potential to go awry on the instruments. Glad the band and Joshua proved me wrong.

5 hours ago, pauwis said:

imagine he pulls a Chris Kroeze 🤯

Going back to this quote to raise a question: how disparate was Chris Kroeze's FB stats compared to his placement? I do remember IDF being extremely shocked that he's Top 2 all season but I don't remember why people kept writing him off. If Chris has indeed low FB stats, a surprise finale PV for Joshua might be in his future after all.

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Going back to this quote to raise a question: how disparate was Chris Kroeze's FB stats compared to his placement? I do remember IDF being extremely shocked that he's Top 2 all season but I don't remember why people kept writing him off. If Chris has indeed low FB stats, a surprise finale PV for Joshua might be in his future after all.

I didn't follow facebook that season, I wasn't on the forum either, but he got PV in the POs and Kirk failed again and again, those were the biggest alerts for me

Joshua has been consistent every round, he's resonating with the audience despite being a theater boy, and he got PV singing Lady Gaga. My hopes climb every day

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Finally got an answer on the partner’s reaction to Joshua last night - he thought vocally it was very solid, just a little too pop-flavored for his personal taste (which is about what I expected for the reaction). No negativity, though, so I’ll take it.

it's a great reception considering the queen's fans are very elitist

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They called him safe first. No clue if it means something, but I'll take it.

I know they're not in order.... but between him getting the middle pimp spot last night, the 4-coach standing ovation and calling him safe first.... I think TPTB wants him to stick around Semis, at the very least.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Congratulations to Joshua for being the first artist safe tonight. I was nervous for him last week, but I wasn’t nervous this week.

I will always be nervous no matter what, but I'm definitely less nervous as compared to last week.

43 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I know they're not in order.... but between him getting the middle pimp spot last night, the 4-coach standing ovation and calling him safe first.... I think TPTB wants him to stick around Semis, at the very least.

YES YES YES 💫💫💫💞💞

Just now, jamescasaki said:

What song could he sing next week is there a theatre next week

It's "out-of-genre" week in the Top 10.

So far Joshua has sung pop, both mainstream and theatrical. I guess you can classify Queen as a rock band but I always thought of them as operatic pop.

I think there are two ways he can go....

One, lean in to the rock and do a classic rock song that will appeal to the voting demo. People have suggested Journey songs for him, and I think it's a great fit for Joshua. We now know he can pull off Freddie songs, Steve shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Two, and this will be a riskier move, but hear me out.... what if they give Joshua an R&B song? I mean, we also know Joshua is capable of going toe to toe with some beastly R&B singers, as seen in the Team Legend group performance. I can see him nailing something like If I Ain't Got You or At Last. Am I crazy or is this a high-risk-high-reward direction for him?

10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

It's "out-of-genre" week in the Top 10.

So far Joshua has sung pop, both mainstream and theatrical. I guess you can classify Queen as a rock band but I always thought of them as operatic pop.

I think there are two ways he can go....

One, lean in to the rock and do a classic rock song that will appeal to the voting demo. People have suggested Journey songs for him, and I think it's a great fit for Joshua. We now know he can pull off Freddie songs, Steve shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Two, and this will be a riskier move, but hear me out.... what if they give Joshua an R&B song? I mean, we also know Joshua is capable of going toe to toe with some beastly R&B singers, as seen in the Team Legend group performance. I can see him nailing something like If I Ain't Got You or At Last. Am I crazy or is this a high-risk-high-reward direction for him?

The second is a risk, considering the reception of the minivan towards the singers of R & B / Soul, they have no middle points.

Instead, if he sing Journey, it's a ticket to the semis. Open Arms or Faithfully