🎶 Carson Peters Fan Thread 🎻

Bk1234

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ooh, good suggestion (I added it. ;)) When taking on that song, he just has to remember to also focus on the emotion. That's where Jordan struggled in his Knockout. A good vocal won't mean much without passion or emotion.

I sure hope he doesn´t relate to the song´s story, but hopefully he can be able to put himself in those shoes to get the emotion of the song.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I sure hope he doesn´t relate to the song´s story, but hopefully he can be able to put himself in those shoes to get the emotion of the song.

Yeah, I do hope we get at least one emotional performance from Carson on the show. 

• Like 1

Yes, I added @Jinx1995’s song suggestions without even listening to them. 💀 Anyway, here are my thoughts on them for Carson after watching the Opry performances. 

This is definitely doable for Carson. His tone is similar to Billy’s, so it’s already a good fit there. Billy can PLAY that guitar though. I’m not sure how advanced Carson is with the guitar though. 🤔 I’m sure there could be a workaround with the arrangement and/or band. My main issue with the song is that I don’t really see it creating a moment for Carson. It won’t really allow him to show off his rasp or power. Needless to say though, I think it’s good enough for a spot on the IDF song suggestion list, especially considering that this could come in handy for a good up-tempo performance. ;) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yes, I added @Jinx1995’s song suggestions without even listening to them. 💀 Anyway, here are my thoughts on them for Carson after watching the Opry performances. 

This is definitely doable for Carson. His tone is similar to Billy’s, so it’s already a good fit there. Billy can PLAY that guitar though. I’m not sure how advanced Carson is with the guitar though. 🤔 I’m sure there could be a workaround with the arrangement and/or band. My main issue with the song is that I don’t really see it creating a moment for Carson. It won’t really allow him to show off his rasp or power. Needless to say though, I think it’s good enough for a spot on the IDF song suggestion list, especially considering that this could come in handy for a good up-tempo performance. ;) 

This could be good for something like a Top 11 week, where things are little bit lighter.

• Like 2

This song is REALLY good and a good fit for Carson as well. The song is way more dynamic than the last one and will definitely allow for Carson to exert all the power and rasp that I know is in his voice. :yes: The main hurdle is the electric guitar though. Would Carson be comfortable playing that live? 🤔 I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play electric before. If a new arrangement is needed, would he be comfortable with a band member playing electric guitar and him singing without an instrument? 🤔 The song is a good fit for his voice and I really like the song too, so I’ll keep it on the list, but I could see there being issues with the arrangement. 👀 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

He doesn’t sing in this, but he performed with EmiSunshine, who actually appeared on the most recent season of American Idol (I believe she was a Hollywood elimination.) The performance was for the Niswonger Children's Hospital, so it’s heartwarming to see Carson performing for such a good cause. 🥺💕

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

He holds his own on several instruments, it really could just be him picking what he feels like playing on certain weeks lol. It would be great to have someone like him on the lives, really hoping he makes it through.

Yeah, he could pretty much do a different instrument each week. :haha: I love that unpredictably. We need that versatility in the live shows. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

MTE. He doesn’t need to let loose every week, so this could be good for one of the lighter weeks. 

Agree! It was a hard choice as Billy Strings plays more than he sings but I felt he could vocally put his sound through on this song and do very well with it even after watching a few of his TikTok videos. There is one video on TikTok that captured my attention that I felt this was a good suggestion. Thank you for adding it to the list.🙏 he carries a lot of soul/rasp vocally he can go soft or hard so killer🔥🔥🔥so I’m excited to see what he does!!!💯

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jinx1995 said:

Agree! It was a hard choice as Billy Strings plays more than he sings but I felt he could vocally put his sound through on this song and do very well with it even after watching a few of his TikTok videos. There is one video on TikTok that captured my attention that I felt this was a good suggestion. Thank you for adding it to the list.🙏 he carries a lot of soul/rasp vocally he can go soft or hard so killer🔥🔥🔥so I’m excited to see what he does!!!💯

Yeah, his voice is similar to Billy’s so you definitely got it right with the song suggestion. Yeah, Carson does have some soul in him. That rasp goes a long way! 😎

• Like 1

His rasp reminds a bit of Laine Hardy. Some songs he tackled in AI, like "Bring it Home to Me" and the always reliable "Can You See" could fit Carson well.

"Heartland" by George Strait would be great for the fiddle intro, but probably not for his voice.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

His rasp reminds a bit of Laine Hardy. Some songs he tackled in AI, like "Bring it Home to Me" and the always reliable "Can You See" could fit Carson well.

"Heartland" by George Strait would be great for the fiddle intro, but probably not for his voice.

Yeah, I can see the resemblance in their voices. Should I add any of the songs to the list yet, or hold off?