'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

• Steven_ changed the title to '90s TV Shows Rankdown (Chris & Priscilla's Nominations Posted)

Nickelodeon GUTS
nickelodeon-guts.jpg

I am so lost on how this has been able to pass through and make the Top 100. What kind of embarrassment considering some of the cuts that have been going on lately. Welp. I guess I'll take the chance to cut this now so it doesn't last even longer because it probably should of be cut in the first cycle. I am sure I'll get crap for cutting another Nick show haha. Oops. Anyway GUTS lasted 4 seasons so that's cool for any Kids who liked it. It was one of those competition type game shows just with kids participating and not adults due to the audience. 

Saving: Everybody Loves Raymond

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

4582ef600b4316d72eede3ef78fc77d9.jpg?ito

Welp… .There’s so many shows I want to save. I know I’m gonna lose a lot of favorites so yayy this is going to be real fun. :closedeyes: I wish I could save like7 or 8 of these shows but sadly I can’t do that. :haha: Sadly Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is one of the few shows I have no attachment to and the one I never saw an episode of, so it was the cut I landed upon here. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is an American science fiction action adventure series that was created by Rick Berman and Michael Piller. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine aired for 7 seasons and 176 episodes from January 3, 1993 through June 2, 1999. The series stars a number of people such as Avery Brooks, René Auberjonois, Terry Farrell, Cirroc Lofton, Colm Meaney, Armin Shimerman, Alexander Siddig, Nana Visitor and more. 

Sadly Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is the fourth series of the Star Trek franchise and the third sequel to Star Trek: The Original Series. During this series, it is set in the 24th century when Earth is apart f th United Federation of Planets. The crew work on the space station that is known as Deep Space Nine where it’s located adjacent to a wormhole connecting Federation territory to the Gamma Quadrant - which is on the far side of the Mily Way galaxy. I am sure the gang finds themselves in various dilemma and conflicts in space and how they navigate themselves through those issues. I definitely know of Star Trek and the big successes of it throughout the years but it’s a franchise i never properly watched. Sorry to the fans of this cut.

Saving: Martin

200w.gif?cid=82a1493boug1o6rp9tzj2w8oxla

Just now, goofycilla90 said:

jc saved it once and I was like gurl... lol

I think he saved it about 2 or 3 times actually.

I do love GUTS (and loved it as a kid) but its never been a show I was fighting for. I'm surprised with how it got this far but not mad about it lol. :haha: 

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I think he saved it about 2 or 3 times actually.

I do love GUTS (and loved it as a kid) but its never been a show I was fighting for. I'm surprised with how it got this far but not mad about it lol. :haha: 

One Too Many Pink GIF by Academy of Country Music Awards

One too many times. :giggle:

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Can I finally cut SNL? :wub:

Rude.... after how I changed my Smackdown cut for all of you (when it's barely a 90s show). :closedeyes: But you can do whatever you  want as I do like a lot of shows here.

Guts was robbed, y'all have terrible taste. Except Wally per usual :wub:

Cutting SNL is a choice. I'll have to think about my cut/save of the remaining I'm not super tied to anything and I don't have time right now for a writeup.

• Like 1

StepByStepOpening.jpg

Step By Step is a show that I've spent pretty much zero time with over the years. This was on ABC for a bit then moved to CBS for the final season. It stars Suzanne Somers and Patrick Duffy as people who randomly decided to get married and combine families. Basically Brady Bunch for the 90s. Another sitcom and I don't think it measures up to most of the other sitcoms we have left the game. It ran for 7 seasons from 1992 to 1998, so at least it is solidly within the 90s and can avoid all of our debates about what is truly a 90s show. It got decent reviews but nothing groundbreaking. I would be surprised if this was a show that anyone was trying to get to the Top 20. I'm not recognizing the actors who played the 6 children...? I wonder if they had good acting careers after this.

Save Law & Order

Saturday Night Live

justin timberlake beyonce GIF

I'm upset how Saturday Night Live always seems to outdo MadTV in these TV Rankdowns. :mad: Thank you, @*Wallace. Thankfully, I can properly get right of it now. I don't actively dislike Saturday Night Live, but I've just always preferred MadTV and watched that in the 90's. I don't think I've ever watch a full episode of Saturday Night Live in the 90's and started watching more in the 00's when there was a musical guest that I liked was on. :yes: I'll give you Wikipedia's description so full disclaimer I am not plagiarizing and I'm giving credit: 

Saturday Night Live (also known as SNL) is an American late-night live television sketch comedy and variety show created by Lorne Michaels and developed by Dick Ebersol. The show premiere was hosted by George Carlin on NBC on October 11, 1975, under the original title NBC's Saturday Night. The show's comedy sketches, which often parody contemporary culture and politics, are performed by a large and varying cast of repertory and newer cast members. Each episode is hosted by a celebrity guest, who usually delivers the opening monologueand performs in sketches with the cast, with featured performances by a musical guest. An episode normally begins with a cold open sketch that ends with someone breaking character and proclaiming, "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!", properly beginning the show.

The show has been on since 1975 and that is way before my time. :dead: It's now in its 46th season which is outstanding. Throughout four decades on air, Saturday Night Live has received a number of awards including 78 Primetime Emmy Awards, four Writers Guild of America Awards and two Peabody Awards. In 2000, it was inducted into the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame. It was ranked tenth in TV Guide's "50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time" list and in 2007 it was listed as one of Time's "100 Best TV Shows of All-TIME." As of 2018, the show had received 252 Primetime Emmy Award nominations which is the most received by any television program. It's a very highly acclaimed show. Some say it has lost its spark, but obviously enough people still watch it that it's on the air still. The variety show has had many people go on to do great things like Chevy Chase, Billy Crystal, Joan Cusack, Robert Downey Jr., Jimmy Fallon, Chris Farley, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Maya Rudolph, Kristin Wig, Gilbert Gottfried, Bill Hader, Leslie Jones, Eddie Murphy, Bill Murray, Mike Myers, Tracy Morgan, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Kate McKinnon, Pete Davidson, Seth Meyers, Amy Poehler, Chris Rock, Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, Molly Shannon, Martin Short, Sarah Silverman, David Spade, Kenan Thompson and many more. I do enjoy some of their skits and the musical artists. I will always be thankful for this show though because it was the show that made Adele finally breakout in America so thank you, SNL. 😘

Save: In Living Color

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Rude.... after how I changed my Smackdown cut for all of you (when it's barely a 90s show). :closedeyes: But you can do whatever you  want as I do like a lot of shows here.

I saved Living Single. 🥴 My conscious is clear. :wub: @*Diana made the change for you not me. :claybleh:

• Haha 1