'90s TV Shows Rankdown (Winner Announced on Page 132)

Steven_

Spider-Man: The Animated Series

BonySilverBarnswallow-size_restricted.gi

X-Men: The Animated Series and Spider-Man: The Animated Series both gone in one round? :closedeyes: What did I do to @*Wallace and @*Diana? Well, I did cut SNL, but still. :dead: I wasn't going to be the one to cut The Sopranos or Twin Peaks so I will leave that task to someone else if they choose to do so. 😮 I'm hoping Pokémon will survive this round to. :( And Sailor Moon, but I don't want to be to greedy. :dead: Spider-Man: The Animated Series is an American superhero animated television series based on the Marvel Comics superhero of the same name. The show ran on the Fox Kids Network from November 19, 1994 to January 31, 1998 and ran reruns on the Jetix block on Toon Disney and on Disney XD with a total of five seasons and sixty-five episodes. The series was produced by Marvel Films Animation. I had found memories of watching both X-Men and Spider-Man as a kid so it sucks they are both out of here. The series focuses on Spider-Man and his alter ego Peter Parker during his college years at Empire State University. You had the other usual characters such as Mary Jane and Aunt May. Everyone knows Spider-Man and what it's about. There is trouble from one of Peter's many nemesis and Spider-Man saves the day. The end. :haha: The show also features appearances from various other Marvel superheroes including the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, Iron Man, War Machine, Daredevil, Blade, Doctor Strange, The Punisher and Captain America. All of these characters who would later go one to be immortalized on film or in in the MCU. Fans have praised the series as being the best adaptation of Spider-Man to date. It was a really good show with critical acclaim, but the I do understand the cuts will get harder from here on out. :( Forgive me, Peter. :closedeyes:

Save: Fraiser

21 hours ago, Steven_ said:

0eecaaa218d372dca7de2d3ba14cc01a.jpg

anigif_sub-buzz-9026-1566934121-1.gif

OMG LOL I love this post. :dead: 

2 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

I feel betrayed by both @*Diana and @*Wallace right now. :closedeyes:

I felt the same with you cutting SNL. :broken: 

But no really... I am sorry you feel betrayed. :( I'm assuming regarding Spider-Man and X-Men? These were just the  shows we agreed on. Nothing against you or anyone else. :( This is when the game gets really difficult as we're all down to our faves. :closedeyes: 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

But no really... I am sorry you feel betrayed. :( I'm assuming regarding Spider-Man and X-Men? These were just the  shows we agreed on. Nothing against you or anyone else. :( This is when the game gets really difficult as we're all down to our faves. :closedeyes: 

All of these. :dead:

Cheers

Frasier

Dragon Ball Z

Pokémon

Sailor Moon 

X-Men: The Animated Series

Sesame Street

13 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

All of these. :dead:

Cheers

Frasier

Dragon Ball Z

Pokémon

Sailor Moon 

X-Men: The Animated Series

Sesame Street

Ooh lmaooo... my bad there. :dead:  But yeah those were just the 12 we ended up agreeing on. But i get the feeling as I had so many faves up on other rounds too. :haha: 

The Sopranos

the sopranos hbo GIF

I guess I have to be the bad guy and cut the sopranos I’m so sorry. I have never watched it even though I think my sister has watched an episode here or there but it was just never my thing. The Sopranos is an American crime dramatelevision series created by David Chase. The story revolves around Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), a New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster, portraying the difficulties that he faces as he tries to balance his family life with his role as the leader of a criminal organization. These are explored during his therapy sessions with psychiatrist Jennifer Melfi (Lorraine Bracco). The series features Tony's family members, mafia colleagues, and rivals in prominent roles, most notably his wife Carmela (Edie Falco) and his protégé/distant cousin Christopher Moltisanti (Michael Imperioli). That’s what Wikipedia had to say about the sopranos. The show lasted 6 seasons and 86 episodes. The Sopranos is widely regarded as one of the greatest television series of all time. The series won a multitude of awards, including Peabody Awards for its first two seasons, 21 Primetime Emmy Awards, and five Golden Globe Awards. The show has left a mark on pop culture and still has people raving about it to this day. There is a prequel film in the works that was delayed because of the pandemic. The show even managed a video game lol. I sure people will be upset about this cut but it was nominated and I’ve never watched it so it is what it is.

save sailor moon

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Twin Peaks 

TwinPeaks_3919200_CBS_TWIN_PKS._CBS_SX10

Okay so I’m not sure if I said it in here before or not,  but I never heard of Twin Peaks until this game started…. so I’ve known of it for a little over a month. While I have heard and know of Pokémon of course but never really watched it. But never hearing of Twin Peaks makes this the easier cut to make at this point. Twin Peaks is an American mystery-horror serial drama series that was created by Mark Frost and David Lynch. Twin Peaks aired on ABC for 3 seasons and 48 episodes from April 8, 1990 through June 10, 1991. And apparently this includes a revival season that aired from May to September 2017 which I just learned about now. The series stars: Kyle MacLachlan, Michael Ontkean, Madchen Amick, Dana Ashbrook, Richard Beymer, Lara Flynn Boyle,  Sherilyn Fenn,  Warren Frost, Peggy Lipton, James Marshall and more. 

Twin Peaks is about FBI special agent Dale Cooper and local Sherif Harry S. Truman who are on an investigation to look into the murder of Laura Palmer and who exactly is responsible for it. The show takes place in…. Twin Peaks, Washington. The show takes inspiration and uses elements of detective fiction with supernatural laments and campy melodramatic portrayal of eccentric characters - and pays tribute to American soap operas and horror troops. There is also very distinct details in its surrealism,  offbeat humor and distinctive cinematography.

Twin Peaks have developed a cult following years after it aired all through various forms of media. It’s also listed as amongst the greatest television series of all-times and has received a wide range of praise from critics and the audiences. It also spawned a 1992 feature film called Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me and the 2017 reboot that aired on Showtime. This is all amazing for this show. I’m not sure if this would be a show that I would be interested or invested in but there’s a strong and clear following for it which means more to the show than my lack of knowledge of it lol. Sorry to the fans of this cut but at least it made it to a much better spot this time around. 

Saving: Pokémon (shocked no one saved this earlier but you’re welcome Victoria 😛 )

dff6029819c10db2e203140e1040bab7.gif

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Tyra Banks Wink GIF

You're welcome. :haha: 

11 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Did JC quit too

Lol this is becoming like a game or Survivor.... to see who is the last ranker standing at this point. :dead: