SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Round 2)

.Rei

Posted (edited)

US9 RESULTS PART TWO

16. Audrey Case & Matthew Kazmierczak - "Unchained Melody" - (Contemporary by Travis Wall)

8llhri.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@Erestor - 1

@*Wallace - 8

@taylorkat - 15

@kritaaay - 15

@FrogLenzen - 17

@.Rei - 17

@totes4totes - 18

@Zoey - 20

Avg. Score = 13.88

COMMENTS

Patryk

I know I am probably the only person who will have it ranked this high, but this is my personal favourite of the season, and Audrey is one of my favourite dancers ever. Everything about this routine is stunning, the song, choreography and dancing all came together. I'm glad it made top 20 so I can rank it at #1. ❤️

Wallace

Wasn't this the Titanic inspired routine? 😮 But yeah this was really such a beautiful and gorgeous routine from Audrey & Matthew. They danced and performed this so beautifully. Audrey was really divine to watch in this. Matthew does a great job with showcasing/partnering her but also showcasing himself. Wow that move where she leaps off the couch and into his arms.... that was so good. :omg: This was easily their best dance. It's a shame they started off with such a bang and never really recaptured this moment (though their Jazz was really good), but at least they'll always have this moment!

Derek

I can’t decide if the Titanic theme makes it tacky or epic. Unpopular opinion but I prefer their Sonya Jazz to this but I still like this a lot. These two paired up was unfair (until the salsa struck oop) and this seemed like it was a star-making duet that would send them straight to the finals. However the Olympics schedule and the Mia Michaels episode totally snuffed any momentum that any couple had this season.

Rei

This was actually at #20 before Patryk submitted his rankings and then it jumped 4 spots to #16, so good for him! I also prefer their jazz a lot and it is actually a favorite routine of mine. This one is not!

Megan

meh. MEH. MEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. This is so MEH. It's danced fine. It's some of Travis's worst most boring most derivative choreography. I do not like this routine.

15. Top 20 - "Architect Of The Mind " - (Modern by Christopher Scott)

8llhuz.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Megan - 9

Derek - 12

Patryk  - 12

Rei - 12

Gigi - 12

Zoey - 14

Wallace - 16

Kriti - 17

Avg. Score = 13.00

COMMENTS

Megan

I like this routine because again, just like Chrisopher Scott has only watched baseball in anime, that's his vision for Architects as well. Also, I like that probably part way through thinking of this in his brain he was like "is it bad optics if all the men are the architects and all the women are holding the coffee cups" and then he put in two women as the architects as well. But doesn't place them intentionally. Feminism. Lean in. Girl boss.

Derek

I can’t believe you guys let me have even more group routines but tbf this season has some insane ones and honestly the finale Top 20 routine by Chris/Sonya would be equally deserving of being here. Is that Matthew again in the front? Of course it is, he’s incredible. If you look closely you can see them channeling some of my old bosses in this piece.

Rei

At some point I was obsessed with this and it was one of my favourite group routines of all-time... I still like it well enough but not that much.. I always find it funny how in some shots Alexa had her hair down and in others it was up :haha:

Wallace

Lol three group routines making it to the end is like my worst nightmare. 😐  With that said, this is a cool routine with interesting music. I like how intense and powerful the music get as the dance progresses. The dancers all do a good job with how they dance and perform the routine.

14. Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer & Jaimie Goodwin - "Outro" - (Contemporary by Travis Wall)

8llhyf.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 6

Zoey - 8

Megan - 8

Rei - 9

Derek - 16

Patryk  - 16

Gigi - 17

Wallace - 20

Avg. Score = 12.50

COMMENTS

Megan

I thought this was a completely different song and now I'm trying to remember what the routine to the song I thought this was in my head is. I am just going to have to watch every SYTYCD jazz and contemporary until I figure it out. I really like this. I think my biggest complaint is that I wish that Travis had incorporated what makes Cyrus more unqiue in this. Jaimie is a really outstanding dancer though. Very stunning.

Rei

I love this!!!! great choreo, performed beautifully by Jamie. Cyrus was actually pretty good!

Derek

If you were to ask me who is the best contemporary female dancer alive on the planet I’d probably say Jaimie. She is really that good. And I keep repeating this but it’s true, Travis knows how to select music for this show and pick the right music cut and craft his routines with an arc to make it have the most impact possible.

Wallace

Of ALL the Contemporary routines that make it here, THIS makes it here? :wacko: I swear, I don't get IDF's love for Cyrus for him to have all of these dances here. Jaimie does dance beautifully and in such a stunning way here though. Cyrus is alright. He does a decent job - he partners, showcases and connects well with Jaimie. I like that he was able to do some of his own tricks in there. He's not a strong technical dancer of course, but he makes up for it with the emotion and connection.... so I will give him that.

12.  Top 10 Girls - "Where The Light Gets In" - (Contemporary by Travis Wall)

8lli0m.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Derek - 4

Rei - 8

Gigi - 8

Zoey - 12

Kriti - 16

Megan - 16

Wallace - 17

Patryk  - 17

Avg. Score = 12.25

COMMENTS

Derek

Hnnnngggggg just one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen. Special thanks to Janelle for pretending to be injured so she wouldn’t bring this down oop. I’m joking. Mostly. Dare I say, but this group might be the greatest collection of female contemporary talent ever assembled on one stage on this show in any country. Ugh the pictures. Otherworldly. Angelic. Ugh the last flicker of light hitting Alexa’s face right before she closes the door at the end. Could she be any more stunning like for real

Rei

Love this! All girls were great! Great choreo and concept!  I disagree with Derek, Janelle showed that she was good at jazz/contemporary in her African Jazz and Mia routine, she was probably more capable than Lindsay and Witney imo

Megan

If you had asked me to imagine "Top 10 girls, contemporary, the song is "Where the Light Gets In", choreographed by Travis Wall. This is what I would have imagined. Maybe I wouldn't have included the door. But I'm not so literal that I need a physical representation of where the light gets in.

Wallace

This is nice. This is a beautifully danced group routine. All the ladies dance beautifully in here. Nice and flowy routine. No one stands out in particular but it's lovely.

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US9) (#16-#13 Posted)
28 minutes ago, .Rei said:

(until the salsa struck oop)

doing salsa for around a year (which makes my delusional self thinks that I'm already an expert), has actually made me appreciate Matthew in this.. he actually was very solid and the bits of actual salsa dancing, he was very good with the the rhythm and salsa flair... the biggest problems with this routine were the terrible song, the lack of salsa content and the terrible outfit from Matthew

On 6/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, .Rei said:

LIVE SHOW 1:

Eliane Nsanze & Sinerjey Meyfroodt - "The Fear" - (Jazz by Laurent Flament) - 

Sarah Mancini & Niels van den Heuvel - "Don't Wake Me Up" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Vincent Vianen) - 

Inge Devroey & Hessel de Graaf - "You Lost Me" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert) -Watch Here

Davinia Janssens & Remy Vetter - "She Wolf" - (Hip-Hop by Steeve Austin) -

Kalila Hermant & Delano Spenrath - "Ayo Technology" - (Hip-Hop by Vincent Vianen) -

Vivian Cardoso Gomez & Denden Karadeniz - "Wil Niet Dat Je Weg Gaat" - (Modern by Isabelle Beernaert) -

wow I didn't remember the first show from NL5 having this many great routines!

• Like 1

- LMAO Danggg at "Unchained Melody" getting all of it's rankings (except for the #1 and #8) all in the 15-20 spots. 😮 I'm shocked with those rankings, that dance manage to escape the first set. Wow, Rei's comments saying this was #20 before Patryk's ranking - explains my theory cause phew this rankings....

- Happy with the Top 20 group routine, "Outro" going out this round.and the Top 10 girls routine all leaving this set. That's most of my Bottom 5 cleared out so yay for that. Pretty good set for me except for the Audrey/Matthew dance.

45 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

have you seen Titanic wally? because yes.

Of course I have. :claybleh: Thanks for the clarification.

14 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I know!!! where is @Elliott to help us???????????

Lmao Elliott abandoned this game YEARS ago. :dead: