SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Round 8)

.Rei

US9 RESULTS PART FOUR

(tie)8-9. Amber Jackson & Brandon Mitchell - "Dr. Feelgood (Love Is Serious Business)" - (Jazz by Ray Leeper)

8m12et.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@totes4totes - 1

@FrogLenzen - 7

@Erestor - 8

@Zoey - 11

@.Rei - 11

@*Wallace - 13

@kritaaay - 13

@taylorkat - 20

Avg. Score = 10.50

COMMENTS

Megan

This routine tricked us all in to thinking that Ray Leeper was good. They were both eliminated after this because two black dancers being hot, having actual sexual chemistry, and being DTF was too much for the audience. Bullsh(t! I don't think that this is the "best" routine of the season but I'm ranking it first regardless. I can do what I want. Anyway, good thing Ray Leeper got this song and not like Travis or Christopher Scott or NappyTabs or else it would have been about a literal doctor.

Derek

Amber might be my Roman Empire lol. They (Nigel) abused her and negged her and everything else, robbed her Season 6, struck her down again Season 7… Amber said that seeing Sasha do well on Season 8 is what inspired her to come back for Season 9. Representation matters! Then they stuck her with Nick BC who had one of the oddest runs ever on the show but let’s be real: the two Amber/Nick duets are lowkey stunning and fabulous. But Nick didn’t survive and then Amber got to come and do this iconic star-making duet with Brandon and Ray to Aretha. And then put in the bottom with Eliana and Lindsay, who were judge favorites and this literally perfect routine wasn’t enough to save her. In my humble opinion, Amber’s 3 routine run on the show was outstanding. Giving me Jessi S3 vibes with how robbed she was. Damn, maybe Jessi is my Roman Empire now that I think about it…

Rei

Amber is a queen and deserved better from this show. She was in the bottom next to Eliana and Lindsay and both should have left before her. this is awesome, sexy, mature... Amber and Brandon robbed!

Wallace

Oooh, I totally forgot about this dance, lmao. But okay, this was quite a steamy, hot and passionate dance from Amber & Brandon. They were oozing lots of sensual chemistry here. Amber does dance this wonderfully. I love all of the pirouette spins she does throughout the dance. This was a pretty cool and fun routine to watch.

7. Tiffany Maher & Brandon Bryant - "You Make Me Feel..." - (Disco by Doriana Sanchez)

8m12l9.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 2

Patryk  - 4

Wallace - 4

Gigi - 6

Derek - 8

Megan - 17

Rei - 19

Kriti - 20

Avg. Score = 10.00

COMMENTS

Wallace

This Disco from Tiffany & Brandon was the first Tiffant dance that I really loved so yayy I am glad that this made it to the finals. :wub: Doriana's Discos after like.... Season 5 have been hit or miss but this one is definitely a hit for me. I love all of the energetic and electric dancing from Tiffany & Brandon here.  There are lots of funky and reallly cool insane tricks here - especially  that move where Brandon holds Tiffany's leg up and her other leg straightforword? And then  all of those crazy spins they do at the end. This is an insane routine but it was electrifying and so fun to watch! :omg:

Derek

Unreal. This is SYTYCD at its best. A random dance style with high energy, lots of risk, and exciting execution where you don’t know if they will make it and then they just magically pull it off. This is probably the only time that Doriana was able to put EVERYTHING she wanted in a routine and it was actually executed. 

Megan

I thought this was going to be a disco to "You Make Me Feel (Might Real)" by Sylvester and that Disco I invented in my head is so much better than this. With that disappointment from note 1 it was hard to overcome and thus it didn't. It's fine. It's one of Doriana's best discos after season 3 but like, her discos literally injure dancers sometimes so it's a low bar. I don't know why Brandon was brought back to be a disco all-star. Hot take, this should have been BENJI. Wow imagine how much better my invented routine of Benji/Tiffany dancing to "You Make Me Feel (Might Real)" by Sylvester is.

Rei

it is a bad routine... it is neither Tiffany nor Brandon's fault. It is just bad choreography. A bunch of jazz moves which also seems very dangerous does not make a disco routine

6. Tiffany Maher & George Lawrence Jr. - "Turning Page" - (Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh) 

8m12pu.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 4

Gigi - 4

Rei - 5

Patryk  - 5

Kriti - 9

Megan - 12

Wallace - 14

Derek - 18

Avg. Score = 8.88

COMMENTS

Rei

I've always loved this. George was a star the whole season and should have been the last male standing. Tiffany was also good but in this routine, George was showcased better

Megan

Lovely!

Wallace

I may be in the minority but I remember not really caring much or at least not really paying atttention to Tiffany's earlier routines with George. Thisi s really nice and pretty. It's kinda on the boring side and doesn't do too much for me as a whole. But they do dance this beautifully and showcase lovely technique.  But it's never been a routine I ever remembered.

Derek

Beautiful. A better showing for George than Tiffany but it’s very good. His portdebras in this is so unique and stunning. Not an all-timer routine for me but I’m not surprised to see this here.

5.  Lindsay Arnold & Cole Horibe - "Unstoppable" - (Paso Doble by Jason Gilkison)

8m12th.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Wallace - 2

Gigi - 3

Rei - 6

Zoey - 9

Derek - 10

Patryk  - 11

Kriti - 12

Megan - 13

Avg. Score = 8.25

COMMENTS

Wallace

FIERCE, POWERFUL. DYNAMIC. This Paso from Lindsay & Cole is sooo good and out of this world! I love the angst, power and intensity they both have while dancing this. Lindsay is no one to mess with in these ballroom and Latin styles. She was insane and so good in this! But Cole really shocked me here too. He partnered Lindsay well and had some good Paso shaping and lines throguhout the dance. I love how they both had moments of shining together and separately here. This is one of those dances that can terrify and give me chills all at the same time! :omg:

Rei

Amazing! Jason Gilkison never dissapoints! Top 3 Paso from the US version!

Derek

This was probably the only good latin and/or ballroom routine that Lindsay or Witney had on any season of the show haha. Cole was my favorite going into the live shows and this surpassed my wildest expectations. Very exciting time! Then they followed this up with possibly the worst duet in the history of the show. 

Megan

Not my favorite choreography from Jason Gilkison. But Lindsay and Cole were good. Cole should have made the finale over Cyrus.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US9) (#8-#5 Posted)
Just now, FrogLenzen said:

I didn't even register that Amber made Top 10, this is a great placement for her thanks to Queen Megan!!!

Sometimes you gotta sacrifice your #1 spot in hopes that it gets an underrated QUEEN to the Top 10. LOL.

Your Top 4:

Witney Carson & tWitch Boss - "My Homies Still" - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown)

Cole Horibe & Allison Holker - "Possibly Maybe" - (Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh)

Tiffany Maher & Benji Schwimmer - "What I Like About You" - (Jive by Jean-Marc Genereux)

Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer & Comfort Fedoke - "Cinema" - (Dubstep by Christopher Scott)

witney-carson-twitch.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg7862b1b6c3c6cfd8726761e987810692.jpg9+top+6+cyrus.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, .Rei said:

our Top 4:

Witney Carson & tWitch Boss - "My Homies Still" - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown)

Cole Horibe & Allison Holker - "Possibly Maybe" - (Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh)

Tiffany Maher & Benji Schwimmer - "What I Like About You" - (Jive by Jean-Marc Genereux)

Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer & Comfort Fedoke - "Cinema" - (Dubstep by Christopher Scott)

solid Top 4

On 4/6/2024 at 11:17 PM, .Rei said:

image.png.0515c0a559f37a192d75f6fb85bee64c.png

Wow I ended up doing pretty good with this Top 8 - with only 1 dance missing from my Top 7 and then my #13 and #14 remaining.

- Good with the Amber/Brandon routine coming in 8th.
- The hated Disco Jazz routine making it all the way to 7th! :wub: I wish this could have been even higher but the odds were against it. The fact it made it this far is a true win!
- Oo okay, I'm definitely good and happy with this Tiffany/George Contemporary showing up as I feared this would have made it much higher, lol.
- Ugh dangg, it was SO close for me to have a perfect Top 4.... if this Lindsay/Cole Paso made it there. 😢 Oh well, still super glad that this Paso made it all the way to the Top 5, which it does deserve! :wub: But oooo I just noticed this is the highest ranked contestant/contestant routine so yayy for that. :bobo:

But I'm still doing really well overall - with my #1, 3, 6 and 7 still remaining. ❤️ Darn you Rei & doing better than me. 😢 :dead: