American Idol S19 ● Auditions 4 ● Discussion

istersay

loved Heather, Caleb, Layla. Liked Beane, he has to drop the mister rogers rountine. Alyssa Way, UNBELIVIABLE, AMAZING, FEMALE FRONTRUNNER. One of the best in idol history.

Here’s my comments on those who moved on, which I’m doing as I watch them perform on YouTube:

1.  Laila — taking on a song done by a former Idol contestant is very risky, but it paid off!

2.  Re’h:  wow!  She’s got a lot of attitude!  But is she more of a performer than a singer?

3.  Michael — very good.  I don’t know how he’ll do in Hollywood, though.

4.  Cameron — her second song was better than her first, but I don’t think that she’ll get far in Hollywood.

5.  Beane — he got only two yes’s, so I don’t know how far he’ll go in Hollywood.  But he was good enough to get there.

6.  Ash — another fine singer.  I just don’t think that she’ll get very far in Hollywood; at least, not the Top 40.

7.  Heather — taking on a Katy Perry song was a risk, but she was good enough to get to Hollywood.

8.  Caleb — another male country singer, but one of the better ones.  He might make the Top 40 at least.

9.  Abby — she did a really nice job!  Man, the girls are really good!

10.  Murphy — he certainly was good enough for Hollywood.  But the comments from Katy were concerning.

11.  Alyssa — wow!  What a way to end the episode!  She was great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jazzontherocks said:

Thanks for the video. Cheryl should have been an easy yes. There were some cut contestants who were golden ticket-worthy. She is in the Crazy Rich Asians movie and soundtrack for those who'd like to hear more of her.

They should have given her another song at least. :closedeyes:

Man I need to go through this thread...

First off. The comments regarding a half blind man's performance as being "novelty." WHY isn't there more anger for that B.S? :/ 

So many meh girls on Sunday night like wow. 

All the people who think the last one who auditioned was good is interesting... I though she was good but no way near great.

I don't know a ton of meh performances and lots of mixed signals from the judges on Sunday. :( 

22 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

First off. The comments regarding a half blind man's performance as being "novelty." WHY isn't there more anger for that B.S? :/ 

The comment was weird and off-putting for sure because he reminder me of Alejandro and Arthur right away but they weren't seen as novelty.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

The comment was weird and off-putting for sure because he reminder me of Alejandro and Arthur right away but they weren't seen as novelty.

As far as comparisons go... 

1. Singer songwriter ✔️

2. Not white... ✔️

3. Original performed ✔️

4. Good guitarist ✔️

Other than those similarities the judges comments were weird. Like. Is he too upbeat for them or something?? :/