Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

CYCLE 6: WELCOME BACK

giphy.gif

Since this is the welcome back cycle, it's your simple 8 nominations, 4 cut and 4 saved cycle.

CYCLE RULES

1. When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 8 celebrities of your choosing.

2. On a first come, first serve basis, the other 4 rankers will cut and save one celebrity each.

3. You must post a 100-word write up within 30 minutes of your initial cut post for your cut to be valid.

4. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING YOUR INITIAL CUT POST FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. Please quote it if you need to make changes.

5. Private Immunities are still in play. To use it, you must post which celebrity you are using it on and who you are replacing your immunity pick with. However, you cannot cut your replacement nominee. The private immunity then becomes public immunity and is good until Top 100.

6. You cannot nominate any celebrity that were saved in the round immediately before yours or that has public immunity.

7. You have 24 hours to make your cut. Please ask for an extension if you're going to miss the deadline. If 24 hours pass with no extension request, any ranker can step in to make the cut and you will receive a strike.

NOMINATION ORDER

1hUe9qU.png

1. @*Lily

2. @*Diana

3. @*Chris

4. @taylorkat

5. @*Wallace

Lily is first! You cannot nominate:

Denise Lewis

Mark Ramprakash

Helen George

Ore Oduba

Danny Mac

Joe Sugg

Cherie Lunghi

Dr. Ranj Singh

Ranvir Singh

Thom Evans

• *Amanda changed the title to Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (Cycle 6 Info Posted)

Will Bayley
0-Strictly-Come-Dancing-2019.jpg

Will Bailey is World Table Tennis Paralympic champion. Will danced with pro Janette Manara but ended up having to withdraw early from that season after sustaining an injury during rehearsals for the Jive in week 6. Will was the 10th celebrity to leave the competition. I felt bad for him and especially for Janette but their journey was never something very memorable so I think this is a fair cut at this time. They were a couple I remember being annoyed at their dances being constantly overrated by the judges with their undeserving in my opinion scores especially their contemporary and their Quickstep.

Saving: Rachel Riley

Victoria Pendleton

realitytv_scd_victoria_brendan_2.jpg

Victoria Pendleton is an Olympic winning sprint track cyclist (a prime athlete won her first Olympic Gold Medal in Beijing 2008 in the Sprint event, and then won a Gold (Keirin) and Silver (Sprint) in the London 2012 games) Victoria was on the 10th Series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Brendan Cole, where she placed 8th. And well you can already guess it but this was another shaky Brendan partnership, except i don’t remember the awkwardness of this partnership all that way but I am certain it was there. I do remember Victoria seemingly being very nervous with performing. Maybe she was viewed as a frontrunner or someone with potential being a young beautiful athlete, but outside of a few dances I don’t think she lived up to them. I will break down Victoria’s run during her time on Strictly.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Spinning Around” scoring a 16 (3/4/5/4)

Oooh this was a really terrible Cha-Cha. She made a number of mistakes in this dance and just looked terrified while performing this. This was the lowest scorer of the week.

Week 2: Foxtrot to “Moondance” scoring a 26 (6/6/7/7)

Reallly nice Week 2 dance and much improved from her previous dance. This was a nice and cute dance. 

Week 3: Rumba to “Up Where We Belong” scoring a 22 (4/5/7/6)

OMGG a dance that had different scores from all of the judges. This always cracks me up. :dead:  I don’t remember this dance too much but I am sure it was lacking the romantic chemistry needed. Her Latin wasn’t ever good so I am sure this wasn’t good.

Week 4: Tango to “White Wedding” scoring a 16 (3/4/5/4)

Victoria had us al shock and delivered a really strong and really good Halloween Tango. She was proving to be a ballroom girl. This was definitely one of her very best dances. She was 2nd on the leaderboard (out of 12) and even bested out the frontrunners this week.

Week 5: Samba to “It’s Not Unusual” scoring a 23 (6/6/6/5)

Sadly the difficult of the Samba got to Victoria and she made a big drop in points. This Samba was meh. Not terrible or her complete worst but nothing special. She was 10th out of 11th on the leaderboard.

Week 6: Quickstep to “Luck Be a Lady” scoring a 30 (7/7/8/8)

Victoria’s rollercoaster journey continues. This was a really good Victoria dance and one of her best once again. I remember thinking this was a really cute, charming and nicely done dance. She was good in hold and looked comfortable here.

Week 7: Paso Doble to “Bicycle Race” scoring a 24 (5/6/7/6)

Victoria’s up and down roller coaster journey continues once again.  OMGG I remember disliking this dance with a strong fiery passion here.   :dead: OK I disliked everything about this dance from the theme/concept, the song choice, staging and just everything. Sorry if I was too harsh. Nothing worked at all in this dance for me. 

Week 8: Salsa to “Candy” scoring a 21 (4/6/6/5)

Yikes sadly a Salsa for Victoria and we know she’s real bad with Latin dances…. so n surprises this was a pretty bad dance from her. She was looking nervous and just didn’t own this dance and didn’t have the proper Latin basics needed. She was at the bottom of the leaderboard this week. She was in the Bottom 2 for the first time and was against Michael Vaughan where she was eliminated.

So yeah Victoria’s journey was a serious up and dow roller coaster type journey. You could make a point for her to stay or or her to go. But overall I just wasn’t really a fan of hers.  I will post a few of her best dances below. 

Saving: Nicky Byrne

d56ae1f1484ec72221cddc8b065da3e9.gif

James Martin

OIP.LoURdpOUZYmM65_5pLnqPAHaE8?pid=ImgDe

James Martin is a chef from Yorkshire that grew up in a farm.  He was on a show called Ready, Steady, Cook in 1996 and he now is the host of Saturday Kitchen.  He was on Season 3 of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Camilla Dallerup.  James was dedicated, but struggled throughout the competition.  His dances were a Cha-Cha (22), Quickstep (29), Tango (28), Paso Doble (29), Viennese Waltz (29), Jive (20), Waltz (32), Samba (20), American Smooth (28), Foxtrot (33), and his last dance, the Rumba (22).  With that said, he still finished fourth out of twelve couples.

Save Carol Smillie

FIONA FULLERTON

Fiona-Fullerton-and-Anton-Du-Beke.jpg

For some reason, I was under the impression that Fiona Fullerton was already cut from this rankdown but I must be mistaken her for another one of Anton du Beke's mediocre partner.  But since she wasn't cut from the rankdown, here I am writing about her : Fiona Fullerton is a celebrity best known for her acting career on the small and big screen. She competed on the 11th series of Strictly Come Dancing where she was partnered with Anton du Beke - oh shocker, considering she's the type of celebrity that is normally partnered with Anton du Beke.  In term of dancing capability, Fiona was mediocre at best - none of her performances were that exciting and she didn't really improve as the competition went on.  Overall, she danced a total of 8 dances where her best dance was her quickstep which she earned a score of 30 and her worst dance was all of them  the Cha Cha and Rumba. Anyway, no place for any of Anton du Beke's partner in this rankdown so out she goes #SorryBoutIt.

SAVING:  WILL THORP

Susan Calman

kevin-clifton-susan-calman-strictly-z.jp

Susan Calman is a comedienne, television presenter and writer, who competed on the 15th Series of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Kevin Clifton. Susan became Kevin’s first partner to not reach the final and she was also his weakest celeb dance partner at that point (until Anneka Rice came along). Susan & Kevin lasted 10 weeks and made it to 7th place. Susan was a really fun and hilarious person. She wasn’t a great dancer but her love for the show was  there and you could tell she was loving the experience of learning to dance every week.  I did really enjoy her partnership with Kevin and how well they got along! I will recap her run.

Week 1: Viennese Waltz to “Mad About The Boy” scoring a 20

Week 2: Charleston to “If You Knew Susie” scoring a 22

Week 3: Samba to “The Wonder Woman Theme” scoring a 20

Week 4: Quickstep to “Mad About The Boy” scoring a 30

Week 5: Cha-Cha to “Shout Out To MyEx” scoring a 16 (out of 30)

Week 6: Foxtrot to “Killer Queen” scoring a 18

Week 7: Jive to “This Ole House” scoring a 29

Week 8: Tango to “Firework” scoring a 27

Week 9: Paso Doble to “Scott & Fran’s Paso Doble” scoring a 25

Week 10: American Smooth to “Beyond The Sea” scoring a 21

Of these dances, Susan’s Quickstep was her best and my favorite dance of hers. She had such a great moment with that dance and it was legit really good. I also really enjoyed her Jive. I do think the themes strongly overtook some of her dances such as the Samba and Foxtrot but they were fun. I do think she lasted a little long on the series but she was a fan favorite so that’s understandable. 

Another fun fact is that Susan & Kevin won the most tour date shows on The 2018 Strictly Come Dancing tour (while Alexandra won none 😐 ) and was the overall winner of the tour. So that shows how popular she is with the public. But well done to Susan making it this far as I think this is a good spot for her.  I'll link her best dance (the Quickstep) below.

Saving: Aled Jones

mqdefault.jpg

Ray Fearon

strict3BBC_233x350.jpg&ehk=kID87s2oUHXdz

Ray Fearon is a stage and screen actor from London known for his role as garage mechanic Nathan Harding on the soap opera Coronation Street.  He starred in Othello as "Othello", Charles Surface in "The School For Scandal", Longaville in "Love's Labour's Lost", and Ferdinand in "The Tempest".  He competed on the fourth season of Strictly Come Dancing and his partner was Camilla Dallerup.  His dances were a Cha-Cha (27), Tango (29), Paso Doble (30), Viennese Waltz (35), and his final and also lowest scoring dance, a Samba (26).  They finished eighth out of fourteen couples.  Two last facts: he has a daughter and supposedly dated Elle McPherson.  Here I am, writing the bare minimum again! *waves* *chef's kiss*

Save Greg Rutherford

Edited by taylorkat

Dr. Ranj Singh

Writing this on my phone right now so I’ll come make it a bit prettier later. :haha: Ranj is a doctor and TV personality best known for his appearances on shows such as This Morning. He was partnered up with Janette which made a lot of sense as they both had quite high-energy personalities which matched.

That was something which I felt quite often translated to the pair’s dances too as a lot of Ranj’s performances were on the faster, higher energy side. There was often a lot of personality but on the flip side, not much clean technique. Ranj and Janette placed in tenth place, which looking back I feel was pretty fair. He didn’t really have any breakout moments as compared to the top nine who were either stronger or felt to be on the cusp of a breakthrough.

Saving Penny Lancaster-Stewart