Strictly Come Dancing Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED)

*Amanda

James Cracknell

james-cracknell-strictly-official-pictur

James Cracknell is a gold medalist athlete from Sutton, UK that competed on the seventeenth season of Strictly Come Dancing.  His partner was Luba Mushtuk.  He danced a tango that received a low score of 11 and an even worse Jive that somehow scored a bit more at 13.  He was the first dancer to be eliminated that season.  Apparently, he teared up after hearing the judges' critiques to his first dance.

Save: Ann Widdecombe because everyone there is awful, lol

7 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

It's because everyone is not good there, that is my only reason.

Oh, I know. It’s just really hard for me to get past all of her outside-the-show stuff. :dead: 

Edited by *Amanda

18 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

James Cracknell

james-cracknell-strictly-official-pictur

James Cracknell is a gold medalist athlete from Sutton, UK that competed on the seventeenth season of Strictly Come Dancing.  His partner was Luba Mushtuk.  He danced a tango that received a low score of 11 and an even worse Jive that somehow scored a bit more at 13.  He was the first dancer to be eliminated that season.  Apparently, he teared up after hearing the judges' critiques to his first dance.  He is a rowing champion.  He has three children and was married to TV and radio presenter Beverley Turner.  He was appointed OBE in 2005.  In 2006, his gold medals were stolen, later to be recovered by the neighbor's dog in the spot where they were discarded by the thief.  Watch his "lovely" Jive if you want to be entertained.

Save: Ann Widdecombe because everyone there is awful, lol

Edited by taylorkat

Just now, *Amanda said:

Gigi, you’re allowed to edit your write-up post if it’s not long enough or needs a picture. It’s just the initial cut/save post you’re not allowed to edit.

Ah, okay.  I'm overthinking everything. 😛

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

If only the early seasons had more dances on YouTube, because I would definitely try and do a mini-rankdown of Strictly dances to get this in the top 20 of the series! :wub: :giggle:

Omggg LOL it's the Master P Paso Doble of Strictly, sooo it would be fitting. :dead:  🤣

Regarding Ann, I'm ok with her getting saved at the moment. She was kind of a fun/hilarious trainwreck dancer with some fun trainwreck dances before she lasted wayy too long. :ph34rwave: Although I do completely understand regarding stuff outside of the show stuff and not a fan of hers there, of course. But i ain't mad.

Save Dominic

Cut Gary

Gary Rhodes 

image.jpg

Gary Rhodes was a celebrity chef, who competed on the 6th series of Strictly Come Dancing, where he was partnered with Karen Hardy. Series 6 had the largest cast of Strictly with 16 celebs, and Gary lasted 2 weeks placing 14th place. Gary danced two dances on the show. On Week 1, Gary performed against all the male celebs where he danced a Cha-Cha to “Hippy Hippy Shake” which scored a 17 (including an infamous 1 from Craig). Then on Week 3, the men performed again and Gary dance a Jive to “Lipstick, Powder and Paint” scoring an 18. Actually Gary was the lowest scoring/worst male dancer of both of these weeks. He was eliminated after his Jive. A shame he didn’t do a ballroom because maybe he would have been better. Sadly I don’t really remember Gary that well on his time on the show as i didn’t watch Strictly in live time back then, but I am certain I still saw his andes on Youtube. I’m also reaing he had a controversial stint on Strictly, which I felt i heard about but I don’t really remember what it was about. Oh actually it was about Gary & Karen having an awkward tense partnership with him making her wanting to quit the show…. so that is #yikes.

Most recently, sadly Gary became the 4th (of 6) Strictly celebrity to pass away on November 26, 2019 where he was 59 years old. I do remember hearing about this and this was incredibly sad. :( Such a young age to go. Gary didn’t have the greatest Strictly run but am sure he has a good legacy outside of the show. Maybe he rest in peace. :hug::broken: I will close this out with posting his Jive.

Saving: Dominic Littlewood

1aa1054f83010d4e6cae3164593ab522.jpg

Sid Owen
article-2224062-15-B711-D5000005-DC-49-6

Sid is known for his acting mostly as Ricky Butcher in the BBC soap EastEnders. I don't have BBC so I have no idea if he was any good in that but I do know he wasn't a good dancer so that makes this a easy cut as they are all pretty terrible it was more hard finding someone to save lol. He danced with Ola on season 10. He is a dancer that I found overrated even in his short 4 week journey. His Waltz wasn't as good as the judges made it out to be. His Salsa and Tango were just bad and the cha cha that sent him home was pretty horrific. He just never lived up to the hype people gave him before the season started and arguably was one of the biggest flops that season.

Saving: Jan Ravens

DAVID DICKINSON

1534247025-david-dickinson.jpg?resize=480:*

(Side note: The picture was taken  in 2004 but it looks like it was taken in the 1980s)

Known as an English antiques expert, which would explain the feel of the picture above, David Dickinson is also a television presenter which was enough for him to be on the first ever series of Strictly Come Dancing in 2004 while employed by BBC One.  On the first ever series of the popular television show, David Dickinson was partnered with Camille Dallerup who will eventually win with her partner in 2008. And how was David Dickinson as a dancer? I have never seen his routines but I do feel him leaving in Week 2 speaks volume; he scored a 16 and 21 although he received a score of 2 for his first dance as well as a 3 for the second dance - I have a feeling the 21 was a tad bit generous for the quickstep that was delivered. I am sure his journey was nothing remarkable, and it would be interesting to see him compete nowadays after he mentioned how the show has gotten more tougher over the years #BringBackDavid. 

SAVING: PETER SHILTON, BY DEFAULT

Gregg Wallace

maxresdefault.jpg

Gregg Wallace is a greengrocer & TV presenter who competed on the 12th series of Strictly Come Dancing, and he partnered Aliona Vilani. As a whole, I do find most Strictly contestants likable even if they are bad dancers, but Gregg is one of the few who really annoyed me on his short 2-week stay in the competition. Gregg only danced two dances, which were a Cha-Cha to “Hot ’n Cold” scoring an 18 and a Charleston to “Hey Good Looking” scoring an 18. Surprisingly he wasn’t the lowest scorer on either week but he certainly wasn’t good at all with either of these dances and was a fine first boot. The reason being for that, was that Gregg & Aliona had one of the most awkward partnerships I’ve ever seen where they just did not get along. I believe there was a report that he was kinda obscene in their rehearsals. Then a few years after his time, he blamed Aliona for his early exit for not liking him. An article of that here: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/gregg-wallace-aliona-vilani-strictly-come-dancing_uk_577b86c9e4b0f7b55795d60f.

I mean it was clear Aliona didn’t like him (her reaction to getting him as a partner was ICONIC) but I am not sure if Gregg would have been a better dancer with a different pro. He simply wasn’t likable and seemed like someone who tried too hard to be funny, which annoys me too. He had a chef theme dance on his time on the show, which of course as he hosts multiple MasterChef shows in the UK…. so I’ll link one of those below:

Saving: DJ Spoony (cause i won’t let another Ola partner go….. yet. 😛 )

b45d9716fd3d36c7c279aef637baec9a.jpg

Rev. Richard Coles

StrictlyRichardDianne2.jpg?quality=45&re

Rev. Richard Coles is a priest, journalist, and musician from Northamptonshire, England that competed on the fifteenth season of Strictly Come Dancing in 2017. Dianne Buswell was saddled with his not so good dancing self.  He was popular among Strictly fans, I am guessing for the wrong reasons (meaning comedic relief and not dancing) Richard danced a terrible Cha-Cha that received a 17 and an equally terrible American Smooth that scored a 17 as well. His final dance was even worse, landing him a low 14, showing no improvement.  He was the second contestant to be eliminated that season. He knows how to play the saxophone, clarinet, and piano.  Something I didn't know is that his real-life partner David died after some type of illness at the young age of 42.  

Save Dan Lobb, I just plucked a dancer because again, they are awful.

Edited by taylorkat

9 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I'm kinda hoping for Melvin to get saved, as he was a fun first boot and also won a Christmas special. :haha: 

The fact that a first boot went on to win a Christmas special (where they scored a perfect 40). What a journey. :dead: 

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I'm kinda hoping for Melvin to get saved, as he was a fun first boot and also won a Christmas special. :haha: 

I would have honored this had it been sooner. 😛 I don't watch the Christmas specials, but how do you go from first boot to winning? lol

Edited by taylorkat