Disappointing Knockouts?

Bouli

So I made a thread earlier about how so many contestants go from "forgotten" to "frontrunner" after having an outrageously good Knockout performance...

But then on the other side, there seem to be a lot of singers who absolutely crumble during the Knockouts. Like, they were favorites for a lot of people, even if they weren't exactly "frontrunners"... and then they had such underwhelming KO performances, that no one was really all that hurt over their elimination.

Many examples:

• James Pyle (19)
  • Casmé (19)
  • Katrina Cain (15)
  • Dallas Caroline (14)
  • Jaclyn Lovey (14)
  • Miya Bass (14)
  • Justin Kilgore (14)
  • Caroline Sky (12)
  • Whitney & Shannon (11)
  • Malik Heard (10)
  • Moushumi (10) - even though she didn't lose hers, I feel like it really hurt her momentum
  • Cody Wickline (8)
  • Menlik Zergabachew (7)
  • Holly Henry (5)

This is such a huge thing I've noticed, probably even more than the contestants who have breakout performances in KOs.

James Violet (S17)

After his fantastic battle with Kyndal I really started rooting for him, but his KO wasn't it. Wrong song choice

James Pyle (S19)

Never sing Shawn Mendes if you want to have a breakout moment.

Royce Lovett (S17)

I loved his blind and battle, but wth was that KO?

Delaney Silvernell (S15)

Song was way too big for her, and I loved her battle and thought she won it.

Jake Wells (S15)

He was my number 1 contestant that season so it sucked seeing him leave this way.

10 minutes ago, Bouli said:

So I made a thread earlier about how so many contestants go from "forgotten" to "frontrunner" after having an outrageously good Knockout performance...

But then on the other side, there seem to be a lot of singers who absolutely crumble during the Knockouts. Like, they were favorites for a lot of people, even if they weren't exactly "frontrunners"... and then they had such underwhelming KO performances, that no one was really all that hurt over their elimination.

Many examples:

• James Pyle (19)
  • Casmé (19)
  • Katrina Cain (15)
  • Dallas Caroline (14)
  • Jaclyn Lovey (14)
  • Miya Bass (14)
  • Justin Kilgore (14)
  • Caroline Sky (12)
  • Whitney & Shannon (11)
  • Malik Heard (10)
  • Moushumi (10) - even though she didn't lose hers, I feel like it really hurt her momentum
  • Cody Wickline (8)
  • Menlik Zergabachew (7)
  • Holly Henry (5)

This is such a huge thing I've noticed, probably even more than the contestants who have breakout performances in KOs.

I was sad she (Holly Henry) was sick that day and lose the knockout to a stolen fodder. She could have been Blake's representative to the finale, the only finale he did not have a finalist.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bouli said:

Many examples:

• James Pyle (19)
  • Casmé (19)
  • Katrina Cain (15)
  • Dallas Caroline (14)
  • Jaclyn Lovey (14)
  • Miya Bass (14)
  • Justin Kilgore (14)
  • Caroline Sky (12)
  • Whitney & Shannon (11)
  • Malik Heard (10)
  • Cody Wickline (8)
  • Menlik Zergabachew (7)
  • Holly Henry (5)

The ones I bolded were the most disappointing for me, specially Holly.

I would add Taylor Phelan from S7 as well (not bad, just an unfortunate song choice)

12 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I was sad she (Holly Henry) was sick that day and lose the knockout to a stolen fodder. She could have been Blake's representative to the finale, the only finale he did not have a finalist.

I heard somewhere she wanted to sing her own stripped down version of Creep and they didn’t let her, which is really upsetting.

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I heard somewhere she wanted to sing her own stripped down version of Creep and they didn’t let her, which is really upsetting.

Yep, that's what happened - combined with her apparently having some serious health issues that day, and they made her perform anyway. Imagine the stress of (1) not being able to perform a version of a song that matches your voice, and (2) having health issues. It's really heartbreaking.

And Nic Hawk stood no chance of making it any farther than KOs without that. Ugh, it was such a disappointment.

AND THEN, there's this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bouli said:

Yep, that's what happened - combined with her apparently having some serious health issues that day, and they made her perform anyway. Imagine the stress of (1) not being able to perform a version of a song that matches your voice, and (2) having health issues. It's really heartbreaking.

And Nic Hawk stood no chance of making it any farther than KOs without that. Ugh, it was such a disappointment.

AND THEN, there's this.

i saw this earlier, im so curious as to who it was. it's probably her ko opponent