Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Galarian Zapdos

Galarian Zapdos Gif by kyuzandark on DeviantArt

I've not had a chance to play any of the expansion packs for SWSH, but I do really love the designs given to the legendary birds. Galarian Zapdos traded its electric typing for fighting (though, it appears to still be keeping traces of that electricity based on this gif and its signature move). According to the Pokedex entries, Galarian Zapdos makes a crackling sound similar to electricity when its feathers rub together, which is the origin of its name. It's also a very speedy Pokemon, reaching 180 miles per hour. Like pretty much all legends, Galarian Zapdos has pretty great stats all around, with its physical attack and speed edging out everything else. Galarian Zapdos seems to have been based on ratites, kiwis, and roadrunners. Lastly, something that's always amused me is that in Japanese, Zapdos's name is literally Thunder. Sorry to the fans, but kudos to Galarian Zapdos for lasting this long!

Saving Grimmsnarl

Morpeko

250px-877Morpeko-Full.png

It's a cute pokemon but that rarely does anything for me, and it's fine but not great competitively which does matter to me, so that's pretty much it for my decision. Morpeko is a Electric/Dark type pokemon that can switch forms thanks to its ability Hunger Switch. You might be wondering, what does this skill do? Well, it changes its design and the typing of its signature move, Aura Wheel. And that's it. Basically a scam of an ability. Beyond that it's stats are mediocre except for its Speed and Attack, which are 97 and 95 (not amazing either but it's not an amazing pokemon so). Most of the ways of using Morpeko rely on it being support since it doesn't have the stats to be super offensive or defensive. So yeah, not for me.

Save: Galarian Moltres

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Cycle 11 Posted (Sola's Noms)

WARTORTLE

tumblr_p409j6XodN1umnumio3_500.gif

Classified as the Turtle Pokémon, Wartortle is the evolved form of Squirtle. Squirtle evolves into Wartortle at level at level 16 and then Wartortle evolves into Blastoise at level 36. According to the Pokédex, Wartortle will use its ears to maintain balance while swimming fast. Its furry tail is also a symbol of longevity, and Wartortle can live for 10,000 years. As for battles, Wartortle’s best stats are its Defense and Special Defense. Wartortle is a good team member, and it’ll become stronger as a Blastoise. I like Wartortle and don’t really want to eliminate it from the rankdown, but it is my choice out of these nominations. Sorry to any fans.

Saving Lapras.

203850de8bd682baa53be1f64ceeaca2.gif

Edited by Steven_

Flaaffy

Flaaffy Gif Pokemon Gif My Gif GIF | Gfycat

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Mareep. Until this set of noms, these were the last Pokemon lines with 3 evolution stages to all still be in the game. I actually think that's a pretty deserved set! Three near flawless Pokemon lines, and fun fact they all have Mega forms as well. Unfortunately it's the end of the road for Flaaffy in our game, and I get the honors of cutting since it's the middle evolution and we all know that only Swadloon should be allowed to stay. Fun fact, the only ones that will be left after this round are Ivysaur, Poliwhirl, and Dragonair. Anyway, Mareep evolves into Flaaffy at level 15 and into Ampharos at level 30. It's the Wool Pokemon and is Electric type. Flaaffy is a great bridge between Mareep, the sheep looking thing, and Ampharos, the weird hairless lizard thing or whatever it's supposed to be. Love the name, love the design. But I can't justify the Mareep line staying fully intact into our Top 100 and I think this cut makes sense with these noms. 

Save: Ditto

EDIT: I don't count Baby Forms as three evolution lines! FYI!

Edited by FrogLenzen

Growlithe

Spr_3e_058.png

Definitely not a cut I want to make but it is getting down to the wire. I'm more bothered that there was a Pokémon I was not okay with being nominated and it was nominated anyway. So this makes me very petty going into the next round. Think smarter not harder. Growlithe is iconic and I'm already second guessing my choice, but I'm already half way though the write-up. Such a good boy. 😭 Growlithe is a Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves into Arcanine when exposed to a Fire Stone. Growlithe is known as the Puppy Pokémon. Growlithe is a quadrupedal canine Pokémon. It has orange fur with black stripes along its back and legs. Multiple Growlithe appeared in Detective Pikachu so that is how you know it's ICONIC. Growlithe is most likely based on Japanese dog statues called shisa. An iconic Pokémon which a lot that has been a mainstay since the beginning, but Arcanine is still in this so this cut seems far. Sorry, good boy. 😭

Save: Venusaur