Aaliyah Dana Haugton Fan Thread

For one of my first real jobs in Fort Lauderdale, maybe in like 2007ish, I was trying to organize the big downstairs file room of a law firm and going through old cases, etc. and I came across these boxes labeled “Blackhawk.”

There wasn’t anything confidential or special, but it was interesting to read through. I guess a partner at the law firm represented one of the defendants for Scott Gallin’s case.

This whole album is of course legendary but I was especially excited to hear "What If" and "I Can Be" in better quality. Those are two standouts for me in terms of this album being really ahead of its time, and exciting and experimental.

Every song still obviously holds up though and is iconic :wub: Seeing the remastered videos has been amazing too. I think "We Need a Resolution" might be my favourite music video of hers so I was super excited to see that again.

Edited by *Lily

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Happy birthday, to our Baby Girl Aaliyah!! ❤️ She would have been 43 today. :broken: 

music video one in a million mv GIF

music video GIF

music video rock the boat mv GIF

More Than A Woman Wink GIF

I always think of her on this day (though I do every day). I feel so honored sharing the same birthday as her/one of my favorite artists! 😢  :wub:  ❤️ 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

Happy birthday, baby girl 🥺

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Happy birthday, to our Baby Girl Aaliyah!! ❤️ She would have been 43 today. :broken: 

music video GIF

music video rock the boat mv GIF

More Than A Woman Wink GIF

I always think of her on this day (though I do every day). I feel so honored sharing the same birthday as her/one of my favorite artists! 😢  :wub:  ❤️ 

Happy Birthday to Aaliyah and @*Wallace. ❤️❤️

• Like 1