Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

25. Kris Allen- Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You - This is a nice, catchy song and I’m surprised I didn’t nominate this one myself. 😅 However, I would have liked to see a little more depth to the song, so I agree with this placement. 

24. George Huff- Go, Tell It On The Mountain - I never knew this was a Christmas song. :lmao: Anyway, I agree that it fits George so well. Definitely a nice, soulful rendition. 😊👍

23. Clay Aiken- Merry Christmas With Love - Wow, what a beautiful song! 🤩 I loved Clay’s voice on this song and I think he did a great job in terms of emotional delivery. 👍 I would have put this one higher. 

22. David Archuleta- Riu Riu Chiu - OMG, this was SO good!!!! 👏 I love when David sings in Spanish. 😍 Obviously, I would have had this higher. Also, happy birthday Archie! 🥳

21. Gabby Barrett- The First Noel - I’m surprised Gabby made it this far. That said, she was the first female ranked. ☹️ I would have definitely had this higher. So much conviction and emotion came from this cover. 😁

20. Carrie Underwood- Sweet Baby Jesus - Wow, what a great one from Carrie! 👏 I agree that she did a good job of depicting the message of the song. Her voice sounded really great in the song too!

19. Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - This song tends to be a bore for me, so luckily the duet dynamic saved it. I preferred Tamyra here, as I thought she made the cover more interesting. 🤷‍♂️ 

~Will finish my comments later~

18. Kelly Clarkson- My Grown Up Christmas List - I agree with all the points made here. For some reason I was looking for more power from Kelly in this cover. 🤷‍♂️ 

17. David Archuleta- Pat-A-Pan - I preferred Riu Riu Chiu to this, but this was still great. It was rhythmically impressive and I enjoyed the various dynamics that occurred throughout the song. 

1. (16.) David Archuleta - Winter In The Air- I’m just going to pretend the six in 16 isn’t there. :giggle: This was my favorite out of my submissions. Archie creates such a serene environment with his vocals, the piano, and various string instruments. It’s such a feel good song and as we learned from Idol, ballads are definitely Archie’s strength. :yes:

15. Clay Aiken- The First Noel - This was a nice version of the song. I still preferred Gabby’s, but the climax with the instruments on this one were fantastic! 🎶

14. Kelly Clarkson- Underneath the Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge) - This song is so catchy and fun to listen to! 🎶 I do agree that Kelly overpowers Brett at times though. Overall, it’s a great song that I’ve enjoyed listening to during this Christmas season. 

13. Clay Aiken- Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - Wow, what a powerful rendition! 🤩 That glory note was EVERYTHING! 😁👏👍

12. David Archuleta- Christmas Everyday - This is another fun, upbeat one! 😁 I think Archie does well in both arrangement settings. ☺️ 

11. Carrie Underwood- Favorite Time of Year - Carrie’s new Christmas album is filled with a lot of gems, and this is one of them! 😁 It’s such an upbeat and infectious song. Another one that I throughly enjoyed listening to this season.

So much to comment on:

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

25. Kris Allen- Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You - This is a nice, catchy song and I’m surprised I didn’t nominate this one myself. 😅 However, I would have liked to see a little more depth to the song, so I agree with this placement. 

24. George Huff- Go, Tell It On The Mountain - I never knew this was a Christmas song. :lmao: Anyway, I agree that it fits George so well. Definitely a nice, soulful rendition. 😊👍

23. Clay Aiken- Merry Christmas With Love - Wow, what a beautiful song! 🤩 I loved Clay’s voice on this song and I think he did a great job in terms of emotional delivery. 👍 I would have put this one higher. 

22. David Archuleta- Riu Riu Chiu - OMG, this was SO good!!!! 👏 I love when David sings in Spanish. 😍 Obviously, I would have had this higher. Also, happy birthday Archie! 🥳

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

21. Gabby Barrett- The First Noel - I’m surprised Gabby made it this far. That said, she was the first female ranked. ☹️ I would have definitely had this higher. So much conviction and emotion came from this cover. 😁

20. Carrie Underwood- Sweet Baby Jesus - Wow, what a great one from Carrie! 👏 I agree that she did a good job of depicting the message of the song. Her voice sounded really great in the song too!

19. Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - This song tends to be a bore for me, so luckily the duet dynamic saved it. I preferred Tamyra here, as I thought she made the cover more interesting. 🤷‍♂️ 

~Will finish my comments later~

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

18. Kelly Clarkson- My Grown Up Christmas List - I agree with all the points made here. For some reason I was looking for more power from Kelly in this cover. 🤷‍♂️ 

17. David Archuleta- Pat-A-Pan - I preferred Riu Riu Chiu to this, but this was still great. It was rhythmically impressive and I enjoyed the various dynamics that occurred throughout the song. 

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

1. (16.) David Archuleta - Winter In The Air- I’m just going to pretend the six in 16 isn’t there. :giggle: This was my favorite out of my submissions. Archie creates such a serene environment with his vocals, the piano, and various string instruments. It’s such a feel good song and as we learned from Idol, ballads are definitely Archie’s strength. :yes:

15. Clay Aiken- The First Noel - This was a nice version of the song. I still preferred Gabby’s, but the climax with the instruments on this one were fantastic! 🎶

14. Kelly Clarkson- Underneath the Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge) - This song is so catchy and fun to listen to! 🎶 I do agree that Kelly overpowers Brett at times though. Overall, it’s a great song that I’ve enjoyed listening to during this Christmas season. 

13. Clay Aiken- Don't Save It All For Christmas Day - Wow, what a powerful rendition! 🤩 That glory note was EVERYTHING! 😁👏👍

12. David Archuleta- Christmas Everyday - This is another fun, upbeat one! 😁 I think Archie does well in both arrangement settings. ☺️ 

11. Carrie Underwood- Favorite Time of Year - Carrie’s new Christmas album is filled with a lot of gems, and this is one of them! 😁 It’s such an upbeat and infectious song. Another one that I throughly enjoyed listening to this season.

25. I pretty much feel the same way about this song, especially about the lack of depth.

24. I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't know this was a Christmas song. 😂 Definitely agree about this song fitting George so well. :yes:

23. He did do a great job with the emotional delivery. With that said, I like 22 songs more.

22. He does sound good singing in Spanish. Oh yeah, today is his birthday! It's hard to believe he's 30 now. :omg:

21. Well, it is what it is. :haha: She did do a good job with the emotion; it's just that there were certain parts of her voice I wasn't too fond of.

20. Pretty much agree with everything here. She did do a great job with the message.

19. Fair enough about the song being a bore. Although I enjoy both singers, I do happen to like Tamyra more here, so no disagreement regarding that.

18. I think Kelly did fine, and the song is better without having much power because I felt it would've detracted from the message.

17. Outside of preferring Riu Riu Chiu, I don't disagree with anything written here.

16. Everything in this song does create a serene environment. Just like you pretending the six isn't there, I'll pretend the one by itself isn't there. 😉 :haha: 

15. Obviously I feel the opposite. :haha: I agree about the climax with the instruments being fantastic.

14. It really is fun and catchy to listen to despite her overpowering him at times.

13. It certainly is a powerful rendition, and the glory note enhanced it big time.

12. It is a fun and upbeat song. The last sentence doesn't surprise me one bit. :haha:

11. The song is certainly upbeat and infectious. :yes:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, miss denise said:

I've had a busy few days spending time with family, but wanted to pop in here and say I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. ❤️ :hug: 

33e0b76968539b056574a91ba8beacda.gif

I will catch up on the posts and ranking soon. ❤️ 

I haven't been on that much myself. I had a wonderful Christmas, and it appears you did as well! :santahappy:

I look forward to the commentary!

The next set should be up tomorrow, and I hope to have the last set up New Year's Eve.

• Like 2

10. Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped In Red

Kicking off the Top 10 is the title track of Kelly’s Christmas album. It’s a song about someone who has decided to overcome her fears and confess her love to a special person as a Christmas present. I like the theme of the song and find the lyrics innovative and clever. Furthermore, Kelly does a great job conveying the song’s message; I could tell she really got into character here. Finally, the pacing of the song is just perfect; I like that it’s mid-tempo and not a ballad. Overall, this is a nice song for anyone who has a special someone he/she wants to confess to regardless of the season. :yes:

9. David Archuleta - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays is the penultimate Archie song in this ranking. This is another fun song from Archie; it’s one people can nod their heads to. Another thing I like about the song is it’s one that isn’t all that deep. It’s just a song about celebrating the holidays, and sometimes I just want that as far as Christmas songs are concerned. The last thing I want to mention is I like the kind of off-beat rhythm the song seems to have; this appears to especially be the case at the end of certain sections in the verses and choruses. This is definitely a song that can put people in the Christmas spirit.

8. Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night

O Holy Night is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs, and I think it’s one that can engender goosebumping chills when sung well. Kelly’s version is one that definitely fits this category. For starters, she sang this a capella in some serious cold weather. A capella is risky to sing regardless of weather because it spotlights any vocal inconsistencies. Despite these two things, she was on point vocally; I didn’t hear any bad notes and if there were they were very small. The choir joining her was a nice touch as well. I liked Kelly’s version so much it overtook another one as my favorite from an Idol contestant. 😮

7. Elliott Yamin - This Christmas

There doesn’t appear to be a strictly audio version of this song; therefore, a video of him singing it live will have to do (although ugh at it being an MJ one). This Christmas is another personal favorite song of mine, and Elliott most certainly did his thing on it. It’s a song that has been done by many R&B/Soul artists over the years, but it’s clear Elliott’s version was inspired by his favorite singer Donny Hathaway; he mentioned as much in a pre-performance video by saying it’s his favorite version. I have to say this song suits his voice way better than Merry Christmas, Baby because he sounds much more natural here. All in all, a solid version from Elliott.

6. Carrie Underwood - Hallelujah (featuring John Legend)

Here we have the second to last Carrie contribution to this ranking. She and John Legend are an interesting pairing though this isn’t the most unexpected artist she has worked with. 🤭 :haha: Anyway, this is a great song, and the two sounded really nice together, especially when they harmonize. I love the melody, arrangement, singing, and especially the message. It’s a warm and inviting song that takes me to a calm place and not worry about anything troubling or negative. I have a few songs I know I can turn on when I’m not in the best of moods that will make me feel better; this one will definitely be added to the collection. 😊

10. Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped In Red

09. David Archuleta - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

08. Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night

07. Elliott Yamin - This Christmas

06. Carrie Underwood - Halleljuah (featuring John Legend)

Remaining Songs:

Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (feat. Isaiah Fisher)

Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know

David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree

Tori Kelly - Joy to the World/Joyful, Joyful

We're down to the Top 5! As mentioned, I'll try to wrap up this ranking by New Year's Eve. However, I'll see if I can finish this before then. I'll think about what I want to do with the thread next after this.

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

10. Kelly Clarkson- Wrapped In Red - This is one of the better Christmas originals I’ve heard. I also really like the tempo of the song and feel that Kelly did a great job of fitting the mood of the song. 😊👍

9. David Archuleta- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - Out of all the Archie submissions this one is probably my least favorite. 😅:stealth: His voice sounds really nice on the song though! ☺️

8. Kelly Clarkson- O Holy Night - “O Holy Night” is one of my favorite Christmas songs too! I think this cover is another example that shows how great of a vocalist is. It’s incredibly hard to sing in the cold, yet Kelly did it and expertly at that! 👏 

7. Elliott Yamin- This Christmas - His voice is SO smooth and sounds really nice on this song! 😁 I would have had this a little lower though. 

6. Carrie Underwood- Hallelujah (featuring John Legend) - This was a close second favorite out of my submissions. Carrie and John are definitely an interesting pairing, but they truly created something beautiful here! The harmonies are beautiful and both Carrie and John have nice, tender parts. 😊👍 I would have put this higher.

I had a lot of downtime, so I managed to finish the last set. 🙂

5. Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know

Kicking off the Top 5 is the last Clay submission to this ranking. As with O Holy Night, Mary Did You Know is one of my favorite Christmas songs, and I have to say Clay did a great job with it. The main thing I liked about the song is how restrained his vocals were except for a part towards the end. The restraint made the song more heartfelt and allowed the message to shine through. With that said, the one criticism I have is that I’m not the biggest fan of the arrangement, mainly the percussion. However, that didn’t stop me from placing this song in the Top 5.

4. David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Here we have the last Archie submission finally in the ranking. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen is one of those songs I always catch myself humming to. With that said, Archie’s version took me some time to get used to because it’s much different from what I’m used to hearing. After I did, however, I found myself really loving it. The arrangement with the acoustic guitar made the song sound more contemporary and Archie’s vocals were really solid. Him singing some different parts in Spanish was also a nice touch. All in all, this is obviously my favorite of the Archie submissions.

3. Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher)

This is easily the most precious submission of this ranking. 😊 Carrie herself sounded great as always. However, the star of this song was without a doubt her son Isaiah. He sounded really good for being only five (and I was jealous he could sing in tune better than me :haha:), and I got the feeling he had a lot of fun singing the song. What I really liked is that Carrie allowed him to shine, and it sounded as if she guided him some during it. I watched a video with clips of them recording the song together, and it was easy to tell how much she enjoyed working with him. I have no doubt it will be a moment the two of them will treasure for the rest of their lives. 😊

2. Tori Kelly - Joy To The World/Joyful, Joyful

I don’t really consider Tori to be an Idol contestant since she was cut before the voting rounds in S9; however, I allowed her submission anyway. This song really showed off Tori’s vocal prowess. It wasn’t until her time on TMS when I realized her voice was stronger than I initially thought. Here she really put her all in the song and it was easy to tell how much she was feeling it. My favorite part is when the choir for Joyful, Joyful comes in. It took me back to Sister Act II not gonna lie. :haha: It will definitely be one of those songs I’ll listen to during the holidays. Finally, I’ll end this write-up with this:

:giggle:

1. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree

Topping the list is this fun up-tempo number from Kelly. This is one of the few submissions from this ranking I’m familiar with because it’s one I hear every holiday season whenever I listen to the holiday stations on Pandora. My favorite part is the chorus of course; it’s just so fun to hum and sing along (usually poorly) to. :bobo: It’s my hope that this song will be to Kelly what All I Want For Christmas Is You is to Mariah Carey (funny enough Kelly covered this song herself :haha:). Now that I think about it, the two songs are similar in subject matter. I had a feeling this song was going to top my list even after listening to the others, and what do you know, that happened to be the case! :giggle:

05. Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know

04. David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

03. Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher)

02. Tori Kelly - Joy To The World/Joyful, Joyful

01. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree

Recap:

28. Louis Knight - Last Christmas

27. Dalton Rapattoni - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

26. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby

25. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You

24. George Huff - Go Tell It On The Mountain

23. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

22. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

21. Gabby Barrett - The First Noel

20. Carrie Underwood - Sweet Baby Jesus

19. Ruben Studdard and Tamyra Gray - Have Yourself A merry Little Christmas

18. Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List

17. David Archuleta - Pat-A-Pan

16. David Archuleta - Winter In The Air

15. Clay Aiken - The First Noel

14. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge)

13. Clay Aiken - Don't Save It All For Christmas Day

12. David Archuleta - Christmas Every Day

11. Carrie Underwood - Favorite Time of Year

10. Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped In Red

09. David Archuleta - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

08. Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night

07. Elliott Yamin - This Christmas

06. Carrie Underwood - Hallelujah (featuring John Legend)

05. Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know

04. David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

03. Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher)

02. Tori Kelly - Joy To The World/Joyful, Joyful

01. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree

I have an idea for the next subject; I'm not sure when or if I'll start it, however. I'll slow down so I can give Denise a chance to catch up. In the meanwhile, I'll post a few of my favorite Christmas songs from Idol contestants:

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

10. Kelly Clarkson- Wrapped In Red - This is one of the better Christmas originals I’ve heard. I also really like the tempo of the song and feel that Kelly did a great job of fitting the mood of the song. 😊👍

9. David Archuleta- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - Out of all the Archie submissions this one is probably my least favorite. 😅:stealth: His voice sounds really nice on the song though! ☺️

8. Kelly Clarkson- O Holy Night - “O Holy Night” is one of my favorite Christmas songs too! I think this cover is another example that shows how great of a vocalist is. It’s incredibly hard to sing in the cold, yet Kelly did it and expertly at that! 👏 

7. Elliott Yamin- This Christmas - His voice is SO smooth and sounds really nice on this song! 😁 I would have had this a little lower though. 

6. Carrie Underwood- Hallelujah (featuring John Legend) - This was a close second favorite out of my submissions. Carrie and John are definitely an interesting pairing, but they truly created something beautiful here! The harmonies are beautiful and both Carrie and John have nice, tender parts. 😊👍 I would have put this higher.

10. I pretty much agree with everything here. :yes:

9. Uh oh, hopefully Denise doesn't come after you for the first sentence. :haha: I agree about his voice sounding nice.

8. Again, I pretty much agree with everything here.

7. Completely agree about the first sentence, and fair enough about the second.

6. Completely agree about Carrie and John creating something beautiful despite the odd pairing. They both did have nice and tender parts in the song.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 3:22 PM, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, I guess that's a good thing. :haha: That's really true about so much food being made with dairy products even when not necessary. :/ Too bad about not having full-vegan places in your area, but at least you were able to find some places in the big cities and enjoyed their meals. :yes: I hear, or in this case read, you about processed foods. :lmao: I've heard about Oreos being vegan. Last time I went vegetarian was right after Thanksgiving. I didn't eat any meat products until the 14th, and I plan on doing so right after New Year's. :yes: I've had almond milk before, and unfortunately it wasn't for me. :( I have, however, enjoyed soy and rice milk; in fact, I use the former in peanut butter and banana smoothies. Too bad about not finding any good vegan replacements for cheese. At least it appears you have gotten used to being without it. No worries; I expect lengthy replies from you, and they are nice to read. :yes: :giggle: I know you won't come across that way. It's just that my brother dated a vegan, and she wouldn't stop talking about how much better she was because she didn't eat anything animal related. 😒 Your reason for being vegan (love of animals) reminds me of a certain country superstar... 🤔 :giggle:. I guess one is prepared on a griddle and the other uses a waffle iron. :lmao: Agreed about French toast, especially the sourdough. Funny enough, I'm not a fan of sourdough bread, but I love to use it for French toast. :haha: My, my, my, we went from talking about Kay to food. Maybe it was a mistake for me to post the video of her eating pancakes. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

No, I didn't mean for it to come off that way! :dead: I'm sure it would be. :yes: I guess the beatboxing looked like something Pentatonix members would do, plus I thought he physically resembled Mitch. :haha:  So it's an actor who can also sing. I have a feeling it's going to be someone who I'm not familiar with again. :lmao: OK, my new guess is Jeremy Jordan, though he's probably more of a singer than actor. Oh well, I'm sticking with it. :haha:

It would definitely be fun. However, it would also be somewhat annoying and restrictive because I'd have to contain myself. :dead: I guess it's fun in some ways. :haha:

tenor.gif?itemid=10592194&f=1&nofb=1

23. I've always thought of it as a Gospel song and not so much a Christmas one. It is super joyous, and it does pass my Christmas song criteria indeed. :haha:

21. No need to defend yourself. :giggle: Good to see this is one of your favorites. He does sound impressive singing in Spanish although it makes sense seeing he is of Spanish descent and can speak it fluently. :haha: The build-up throughout the song was really good. :yes:

Maybe it is! Yeah, it's kind of a meme among people who follow a vegan or plant-based diet how you'll find a product with all expected ingredients, but then randomly... "milk powder." :dead: :/  But then it's also not actually funny and is so frustrating.  lol you "reading" me. :giggle: Yay! Aw, I like that you do that. If you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for occasionally going vegetarian? Aw, sorry about almond milk. :( I used to do soy milk before making the switch. I never drink it on its own though and have gotten used to the taste, since it doesn't have much of one. :haha: Oat milk is also very popular, but I don't drink it regularly since all the ones I've seen have a lot of sugar.  Oops, I don't mean to write essays all the time, but sometimes it happens. 😢:lmao: Aww thank you. :hug:  Oh no, I would definitely not say anything like that. :( It can be tough though because a lot of people view vegans as a certain way as well. Ooh yes, I might know who that person is. :giggle:  lol exactly! OMG sourdough is my favorite and one of the foods I am obsessed with. :haha: So interesting how you love it for French toast, but not otherwise. lol I know. Conversations can really evolve around here. :giggle: 

I know.:giggle: Oooo..... this is something interesting.... that I cannot otherwise comment on at this time. (!) Yes. I would be shocked if you're not familiar with him. I had the write-up nearly done to post in time for Christmas, but then I just missed out and now it's almost a week later. :broken: I've been so busy with the holidays and work, but will finish it up and post once I catch up on the Christmas songs. 

Ooh... well sorry about that. I guess you'd have to just do it for yourself to not be contained. :dead: 

Now it's a few hundred more sleeps, Kermit. 😢 

- Oh, well he does sing about the birth of Baby Jesus. :giggle: Yes!

- I just wanted to explain because I did try to do that. :haha: I also tried not to repeat any songs, which I think I succeeded at. Yes, this is all true! Glad you agree. ❤️ 

21. Gabby Barrett - The First Noel: Aww I love Gabby's version of this. ❤️ Her vocals at the start are so stunning and perfect to me from start to finish. I also love the musical arrangement on this. She performed this a few weeks ago on CMA Country Christmas and she looked amazing as well.

20. Carrie Underwood - Sweet Baby Jesus: I'm sure all those Carrie submissions were from me. :haha: I'm glad you like this song! I agree with your thoughts and definitely get that feeling of being in a calm place. This does have a comforting feel about it. ❤️ 

19. Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas: Yay, I'm glad I remembered this duet in order to include it! This song is definitely classic, although unlike you, not necessarily one of my very favorite Christmas songs (but I can't not like a Christmas song or at least a classic one ❤️ ). I love this version and how their voices complement each other.

18. Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List: This song, specifically Kelly's version, is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs. :wub: I'm sad it's not higher on the ranking, but I won't complain. I agree with your sentiment about the lyrics of the song and I love how Kelly sings this so much. It all really resonates with me. My first introduction to this was when she sang it as part of the American Idol Christmas Special forever ago. Yess, I found it!

I rewatched this performance SO much back then that - to this day - I still hear that "Merry Christmas" part (1:45) whenever I listen to the actual song every year. :dead:  It will never go away! 

17. David Archuleta - Pat-A-Pan: Yesss, one of my favorites, although of course all the David songs I submitted are. :haha: I became obsessed with this song from his first Christmas album. I love the fast tempo and how he sings it all. :bobo: It has such a cool feel about it that is unlike most Christmas songs I love. I also got to see him perform this one live at his Christmas concert last year and it was somehow even better in person! :omg: 

16. David Archuleta - Winter In The Air: Back to back Archie! This is such a mystical and magical Christmas song. ❤️ I feel like the title is perfect because it really feels like winter in the air. I agree about the arrangement and I hope you actually listened to this in front of the fire with your cocoa. :giggle: I love the chorus best too. :wub:  David had a local dance group perform to this song while he sang it at my Christmas concert, which made it feel even more enchanting. ❤️ 

15. Clay Aiken - The First Noel: I love several versions of this song (including David's too), but have loved Clay's for so long since that Idol Christmas album came out. :haha:  Wow, those were the days. I also love the build-up on this so much too. It feels seamless, but the ending really is so powerful. :omg:

14. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge): This is definitely joyous and uplifting. :bobo: This song did have to grow on me a bit more than most of the other ones here, but I really like it a lot. They do sound great together! I always prefer duets to have the featured artist have more of a moment to themselves as well, so I agree with you there. 

13. Clay Aiken - Don't Save It All For Christmas Day: I feel like I never heard this song apart from Clay's version, but maybe I did hear Celine's too now that you mention it. 😮 I think I did. I have been obsessed with Clay's for so many years though. I agree the message of the song is so important and his vocal power is really on display here, especially near the end! Just amazing. :omg:  It's so amazing that the title of the video even says "CD version with glory note" :dead: 

12. David Archuleta - Christmas Every Day: This song is so catchy and infectious! :wub:  Ugh, I really feel like this could have been a big hit, if it was better promoted or something, I don't know. :broken:  It just has that amazing joyful feeling and exuberance of a Christmas classic to me. It's so fun, but I still think his vocals are amazing. And since I didn't post my concert videos of the other songs of his on here, I'll share this one from near the end of the show. :wub: 

11. Carrie Underwood - Favorite Time of Year: This song quickly became a new favorite of mine this year. :bobo: I agree with your comments on the melodies and her hooking in the listened from the start. This song also just feels so happy! It sure is hard not to feel better listening to it. ❤️ 

I'll leave it there for now and comment on the rest next time to not make this even longer. :haha: 

23 hours ago, miss denise said:

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe it is! Yeah, it's kind of a meme among people who follow a vegan or plant-based diet how you'll find a product with all expected ingredients, but then randomly... "milk powder." :dead: :/  But then it's also not actually funny and is so frustrating.  lol you "reading" me. :giggle: Yay! Aw, I like that you do that. If you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for occasionally going vegetarian? Aw, sorry about almond milk. :( I used to do soy milk before making the switch. I never drink it on its own though and have gotten used to the taste, since it doesn't have much of one. :haha: Oat milk is also very popular, but I don't drink it regularly since all the ones I've seen have a lot of sugar.  Oops, I don't mean to write essays all the time, but sometimes it happens. 😢:lmao: Aww thank you. :hug:  Oh no, I would definitely not say anything like that. :( It can be tough though because a lot of people view vegans as a certain way as well. Ooh yes, I might know who that person is. :giggle:  lol exactly! OMG sourdough is my favorite and one of the foods I am obsessed with. :haha: So interesting how you love it for French toast, but not otherwise. lol I know. Conversations can really evolve around here. :giggle: 

Reveal hidden contents

I know.:giggle: Oooo..... this is something interesting.... that I cannot otherwise comment on at this time. (!) Yes. I would be shocked if you're not familiar with him. I had the write-up nearly done to post in time for Christmas, but then I just missed out and now it's almost a week later. :broken: I've been so busy with the holidays and work, but will finish it up and post once I catch up on the Christmas songs. 

Ooh... well sorry about that. I guess you'd have to just do it for yourself to not be contained. :dead: 

Now it's a few hundred more sleeps, Kermit. 😢 

- Oh, well he does sing about the birth of Baby Jesus. :giggle: Yes!

- I just wanted to explain because I did try to do that. :haha: I also tried not to repeat any songs, which I think I succeeded at. Yes, this is all true! Glad you agree. ❤️ 

21. Gabby Barrett - The First Noel: Aww I love Gabby's version of this. ❤️ Her vocals at the start are so stunning and perfect to me from start to finish. I also love the musical arrangement on this. She performed this a few weeks ago on CMA Country Christmas and she looked amazing as well.

20. Carrie Underwood - Sweet Baby Jesus: I'm sure all those Carrie submissions were from me. :haha: I'm glad you like this song! I agree with your thoughts and definitely get that feeling of being in a calm place. This does have a comforting feel about it. ❤️ 

19. Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas: Yay, I'm glad I remembered this duet in order to include it! This song is definitely classic, although unlike you, not necessarily one of my very favorite Christmas songs (but I can't not like a Christmas song or at least a classic one ❤️ ). I love this version and how their voices complement each other.

18. Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List: This song, specifically Kelly's version, is one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs. :wub: I'm sad it's not higher on the ranking, but I won't complain. I agree with your sentiment about the lyrics of the song and I love how Kelly sings this so much. It all really resonates with me. My first introduction to this was when she sang it as part of the American Idol Christmas Special forever ago. Yess, I found it!

I rewatched this performance SO much back then that - to this day - I still hear that "Merry Christmas" part (1:45) whenever I listen to the actual song every year. :dead:  It will never go away! 

17. David Archuleta - Pat-A-Pan: Yesss, one of my favorites, although of course all the David songs I submitted are. :haha: I became obsessed with this song from his first Christmas album. I love the fast tempo and how he sings it all. :bobo: It has such a cool feel about it that is unlike most Christmas songs I love. I also got to see him perform this one live at his Christmas concert last year and it was somehow even better in person! :omg: 

16. David Archuleta - Winter In The Air: Back to back Archie! This is such a mystical and magical Christmas song. ❤️ I feel like the title is perfect because it really feels like winter in the air. I agree about the arrangement and I hope you actually listened to this in front of the fire with your cocoa. :giggle: I love the chorus best too. :wub:  David had a local dance group perform to this song while he sang it at my Christmas concert, which made it feel even more enchanting. ❤️ 

15. Clay Aiken - The First Noel: I love several versions of this song (including David's too), but have loved Clay's for so long since that Idol Christmas album came out. :haha:  Wow, those were the days. I also love the build-up on this so much too. It feels seamless, but the ending really is so powerful. :omg:

14. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge): This is definitely joyous and uplifting. :bobo: This song did have to grow on me a bit more than most of the other ones here, but I really like it a lot. They do sound great together! I always prefer duets to have the featured artist have more of a moment to themselves as well, so I agree with you there. 

13. Clay Aiken - Don't Save It All For Christmas Day: I feel like I never heard this song apart from Clay's version, but maybe I did hear Celine's too now that you mention it. 😮 I think I did. I have been obsessed with Clay's for so many years though. I agree the message of the song is so important and his vocal power is really on display here, especially near the end! Just amazing. :omg:  It's so amazing that the title of the video even says "CD version with glory note" :dead: 

12. David Archuleta - Christmas Every Day: This song is so catchy and infectious! :wub:  Ugh, I really feel like this could have been a big hit, if it was better promoted or something, I don't know. :broken:  It just has that amazing joyful feeling and exuberance of a Christmas classic to me. It's so fun, but I still think his vocals are amazing. And since I didn't post my concert videos of the other songs of his on here, I'll share this one from near the end of the show. :wub: 

11. Carrie Underwood - Favorite Time of Year: This song quickly became a new favorite of mine this year. :bobo: I agree with your comments on the melodies and her hooking in the listened from the start. This song also just feels so happy! It sure is hard not to feel better listening to it. ❤️ 

I'll leave it there for now and comment on the rest next time to not make this even longer. :haha: 

I can see how frustrating it is to read the ingredients of something and learn it has animal product. I agree that it's funny but at the same time it really isn't. I guess the reason I go vegetarian from time to time is to detox the body so to speak. I don't know if I'll give up meat entirely, but it's nice not to eat it once in a while. With that said, one type of meat I don't eat is pork; I gave that up in high school. As for soy milk, not having much of a taste is what appeals to me the most because it can be used in various things. I've never had oat milk before, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does have a lot of sugar in it. We all get carried away sometimes on subjects we care about. :yes: Fair enough about people being judgmental about vegans as well. I think it's a misunderstanding on both sides, and things would be better if both sides took the time to try to understand one another. To quote Men At Work. "who could it be now" (yes another music reference). :giggle: It is interesting how I use it for French toast but nothing else. :haha: They do tend to evolve around here (I was going to make some comment but thought it would be better off not to).

Hmm, I don't know if it means I may be on to something. Great, it'll probably be even more embarrassing if I'm familiar with the person but not get it right. :dead: Understandable about being so busy around this time and not being able to finish the write-up. I look forward to it whenever it's ready. :yes:

I managed to contain myself during the shallow ranking; I think I'll be able to find a way for this one should I go through with it. :yes: :dead: 

Yeah.

- That he does. The birth of Baby Jesus is definitely what Christmas is about.

- I see. :haha: I don't think I saw any repeats, so everything should be kosher. I'm glad. 😄

21. Great, I have to watch a Gabby video? :/ :haha: All kidding aside, I have to say she sounded nice here. I prefer this to the recording. One random tidbit is for some reason I thought Cade was the guitarist at first. :dead: 

20. BK submitted a Carrie song. Happy to see you agree with my comments about the song. 😄

19. Agree that this song is definitely a classic (although too bad about it not necessarily being one of your favorites). I agree about loving this version and how their voices compliment one another.

18. Too bad about being disappointed with the placement. At least the song resonates with you. :yes: I never got to watch the Christmas Special. I have to say she looked and sounded beautiful here. :yes: Oh, and :dead: at hearing the Merry Christmas whenever you listen to it.

17. I definitely see the point about the cool feel about it. I don't doubt it sounded better in person.

16. It certainly feels like winter is in the air. Unfortunately, I neither listened to it in front of a fireplace nor had any hot cocoa. :( 🤣 Pretty cool for him to have a local dance group perform while singing the song at the concert.

15. Pretty much agree about the song, especially the build-up.

14. :bobo:. Agree about them sounding good together and preferring the featured artist have more of a moment to him/herself.

13. Agree about the message and his vocal prowess. That note is amazing. Yeah, the video description of "CD version with glory note" cracked me up. :lmao:

12. Agree about the song being catchy and infectious. I could see it being a hit if promoted properly. The video posted looks like the show was a lot of fun. :yes:

11. I'll just say I agree with everything posted here. :yes:

Edited by Crisis

14 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

I can see how frustrating it is to read the ingredients of something and learn it has animal product. I agree that it's funny but at the same time it really isn't. I guess the reason I go vegetarian from time to time is to detox the body so to speak. I don't know if I'll give up meat entirely, but it's nice not to eat it once in a while. With that said, one type of meat I don't eat is pork; I gave that up in high school. As for soy milk, not having much of a taste is what appeals to me the most because it can be used in various things. I've never had oat milk before, but it wouldn't surprise me if it does have a lot of sugar in it. We all get carried away sometimes on subjects we care about. :yes: Fair enough about people being judgmental about vegans as well. I think it's a misunderstanding on both sides, and things would be better if both sides took the time to try to understand one another. To quote Men At Work. "who could it be now" (yes another music reference). :giggle: It is interesting how I use it for French toast but nothing else. :haha: They do tend to evolve around here (I was going to make some comment but thought it would be better off not to).

Reveal hidden contents

Hmm, I don't know if it means I may be on to something. Great, it'll probably be even more embarrassing if I'm familiar with the person but not get it right. :dead: Understandable about being so busy around this time and not being able to finish the write-up. I look forward to it whenever it's ready. :yes:

I managed to contain myself during the shallow ranking; I think I'll be able to find a way for this one should I go through with it. :yes: :dead: 

- That he does. The birth of Baby Jesus is definitely what Christmas is about.

21. Great, I have to watch a Gabby video? :/ :haha: All kidding aside, I have to say she sounded nice here. I prefer this to the recording. One random tidbit is for some reason I thought Cade was the guitarist at first. :dead: 

20. BK submitted a Carrie song. Happy to see you agree with my comments about the song. 😄

18. Too bad about being disappointed with the placement. At least the song resonates with you. :yes: I never got to watch the Christmas Special. I have to say she looked and sounded beautiful here. :yes: Oh, and :dead: at hearing the Merry Christmas whenever you listen to it.

Yeah. :( Okay, thanks for sharing. There are a lot of health benefits, so it makes sense. I think I still prefer soy milk to almond, but switching my milk option was an easy way to consume less soy. I'm not against it, but have learned not to have it in excess (and I eat other products with soy). Haha true. Yes, that could be nice. lol this quote! I would assume you were talking about Carrie though. :haha:  It is! Oh, I have no idea what kind of comment you mean here, but am curious. lol

Maybe.... maybe not. I would be surprised if you aren't familiar with him, although you may not have watched any of his movies (or maybe you have!) I do have it finished, but am also kind of hesitating to post it. :blushingwave: But I will. 

That's good to know. :giggle: 

:yes: 

- Oh, sorry. 😢 I just wanted to share and glad you like it! lol Cade is actually often her guitarist, but I guess not in this one. 

- Ooh yay! I thought I was the only one. :haha: 

- That's okay. Oh no, you never saw it. 😮  I imagine it would be difficult to find now, but it'd be such a good throwback. :broken:  lol I know, I would have thought that would stop eventually, especially since I haven't watched that performance in so long. :dead: 

10. Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped In Red: I love this and it has only grown on me more over time. ❤️ I agree with all your thoughts. I also feel like this song has a warm and comforting feel about it. ❤️ 

09. David Archuleta - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays: I'm pleasantly surprised this one ranks so high! :wub:  This is such a joyous jam that always makes me happy. :bobo:  I love the cheerful nature of it and how it's just celebrating the season. I love both his version and the original. ❤️ 

08. Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night: There are so many amazing versions of this song, but Kelly's is my top favorite. ❤️ The a capella beginning really is chilling and her vocals are stunning throughout. I just love this. 

07. Elliott Yamin - This Christmas: Oh, was this the one I submitted with a link that included the whole album? :haha:  I'm sure I didn't submit this version. But this is another fun song that really puts me in the holiday spirit! It's perfect for Elliott. :bobo:  I originally was going to submit Ruben's version of this, but couldn't find an audio of it. 

06. Carrie Underwood - Halleljuah (featuring John Legend): They are a bit of an unexpected match, but I think Carrie and John sound amazing together. This song has such a warm, chilling, magical, uplifting, etc. feel about it. I can't find the proper word, so I just named a bunch. :haha:  But there is something special about it. It gets me in the feels. ❤️ 

05. Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know: I think Clay's version was my introduction to this song, but it is among my favorite Christmas songs now too. I love how he sings this and agree the restraint works really well. I love everything about this. Sorry about the percussion, but I'm glad it didn't ruin it for you. ❤️ 

04. David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen: I don't think I would have expected this one so high, but it is another pleasant surprise! :wub: I love the acoustic arrangement and how he sings on this. I also love the build-up and that reminds me this was another one I loved even more seeing live. :bobo: I love those Spanish parts!

03. Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher): Yes, this is so sweet and precious! :wub:  This song really reminds me of childhood, so it's even more perfect that Isaiah is featured on this one. He sounds so cute and I just love this mommy and son moment that they (and we) can always cherish. ❤️ 

02. Tori Kelly - Joy To The World/Joyful, Joyful:  The not-really-from-an-Idol-contestant-submission nearly topping the ranking! 😮 lol I love Tori and am a huge fan though, so I am not upset at all that she has a moment to shine here. :wub: She is an incredible singer and I'm so glad more people realize that now.  There are some other songs I prefer from her Christmas album, but they are all fantastic and worthy of being highlighted. ❤️ lol love the Clark reaction video.

01. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree: This is pretty much the perfect song to top an Idol Christmas songs ranking. This quickly became a Christmas classic IMO and is definitely among my all-time favorites. :wub:  I love the upbeat, bouncy, joyous, nature that celebrates the holiday season. :bobo: It's just infectious and Kelly slays vocally as always. She covered Mariah's song? 😮 She did release a cover of a song with the same title this year, but not the Mariah one. I would love to hear her sing that and definitely thought of UTT as Kelly's kind of version of Mariah's AIWFCIY. 

Great ranking! :santahappy:  I wondered if you'd include some of your own favorites among it, but glad to see you posted them here. I don't think I've heard any of these versions, but I enjoyed them all, especially the first two. 

Zac Efron
hb2j5Jy.gif TypCNlt.gif cW3DsDR.gif

Zac is one of my longest-running crushes, and could even be considered my longest, depending on how you look at it. I'm too complicated to get in to explaining that right now. :giggle: But basically our relationship began back in the mid-2000s when he rose to stardom in the High School Musical series. I was OBSESSED with those movies and still love them to this day. They were a huge part of my life back then and will always hold a special place in my heart. ❤️  I had actually seen Zac before HSM (ironically, he was on Summerland with Jesse McCartney), but that was where I first really took notice of him. And by the second movie, a crush was born and a true glow-up happened to the point where I decided he was super duper hot. :giggle: This would only increase over the years because this man is a sight for my eyes to behold. 

Soo yeah, all this time I have consistently thought of Zac was one of the hottest guys on the planet, and pretty sure he may be the actual hottest. TO ME. Don't @ at me if you don't agree. I agree with myself and that's what matters here. :giggle:  Even when he does questionable things with his hair, the man cannot lose his attractiveness. I hated when he went blonde for awhile, although that look has since grown on me, even though I'll ALWAYS prefer the brown hair. But if he showed up at my doorstep with the blonde hair.... :omg: 

Anyway, I have watched a good majority of Zac's movies over the years. My favorites are the musicals, maybe because I grew up with HSM and it's where he rose to stardom, but I just love him in musicals, like Hairspray and The Greatest Showman. ❤️  I adore those movies. Some of my other favorites (and non-musicals) I love are 17 Again, Charlie St. Cloud, New Year's Eve (which I watched last night :giggle:, The Lucky One, and We Are Your Friends.  There are still some more I want to watch that could be added to my list of favorites. He's also been in a number of movies that are less my preferred genre.... like if you think I'm not really into raunchy R-rated comedies, you'd be right, but if you think I'd watch them solely to see Zac, then you'd also be right. :giggle: Oops. Case in point - Dirty Grandpa, which based on the title alone, is not something I would ever care to see. But oops, Zac was in it and I can't even talk about it and the things he does and wears or doesn't wear in that.  Zac did admit that he took on some movie roles for the work, which hurts my heart that he felt he had to settle for projects he wasn't really passionate about. :broken: :( Zac deserves better! But it makes my heart sing (no pun intended) when he talked about being glad to get back to musicals with The Greatest Showman.  :wub:  More of that please! He also recently starred in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, which is a rather controversial movie based on the real life stories it covers, but his acting was amazing in that and I'm glad he got the opportunity to take on such a dark and serious role.  Plus, he followed it up with voiceover work in Scoob! so what versatility we have here! :wub::giggle:I heard a few months ago that he is set to star in an upcoming remake of Three Men and a Baby, which has me really excited, although we could change it to A Man And Three Babies because I might like to see that even more. :giggle: But yes, Zac is a very talented and versatile actor and does not often get the credit he deserves! He can do cartoons, drama, romance, musicals, comedies, thrillers... he can do it all and I hope he gets more opportunities to show that range in the years to come. I'd love to see him in more musicals, of course. ❤️  

I'll just post some of his musical movie moments now, even though there's many more.

(^this one also has comedy :giggle: ) 

OOPS. I didn't mean to post so many.

Zac honestly seems like such a sweet and humble guy, which only makes my attraction to him blossom even more. I remember in his most recent Ellen appearance, she said how he's just the nicest guy. :wub:  Not that Ellen is the God of all truth, but STILL. I believe it. I've watched so many interviews of him and he is actually so adorable and comes off rather bashful when people bring up his physique and things. :wub: :giggle:To quote One Direction...that's what makes you beautiful! He does not even realize or believe how gorgeous he is. :wub:  That + his actual gorgeousness + HIS ACTUAL HEART are what make me love him so so much. I love things like how he's mentioned his ~Baywatch body~ was only for the movie and it's unrealistic to try to maintain that kind of form and how being healthy is most important. WOW. I stan. I mean that body was amazing but well never mind, I'll stop talking. But he was super toned and muscular for that role, which he said was solely for the role and he'd do it for work, but not life. That being said, he is obviously a very fit and active person, which is something I love, as fitness is also a big thing for me. :wub: You don't have to have that Baywatch body to still be in amazing shape, which he has shown, although I'll keep the photo evidence to myself. :giggle: But from all I've seen he just has the most unassuming, sweet and caring personality, but can also be really funny. He is a big family guy, loves dogs ( :teeheewave: ), and is obviously physically attracted beyond words. Some specific things he's said, like the way I've heard him talk about his grandpa and how he once said a woman's personality is the most attractive thing... :wub:!!! OMG this guy is the most physically beautiful, but even more so inside? I can't process. It's all too much. 😢   If this crush of mine is not approved of, I might die. 

Okay, time for some random gif spam.

iHcWeU3.gif

6DLLByK.gif

iPU3sEo.gif

tXUXOHu.gif%5B

HEiJC7a.gif 

zacefron-lekkerskateboard-015.gif?resize

2QDvSTo.gif

inPjpXI.gif

gC3OAt5.gif

So many other gifs I will not let myself post. I'll now share some random fun videos, like these egg and water games he played with Jimmy Fallon.... 

That wig did not last long! This is what the majority of the video ended up like: 

31nxwLJ.gif

I can't comment on those and here is another game I can't comment on....

Then next is one of my ALL TIME favorites that I randomly love to go back and rewatch. :wub:  Sorry not sorry, but him singing this completely improvised song with Taylor Swift? Something from my dreams. ❤️  (And it's adorable that he did voice work for The Lorax. :wub: )

Here is another video I love with him talking about family.... plus his reactions to the photos and the video Ellen showed. :giggle: See? How can I not love him? He is the most adorable, funny, sweet guy EVER.  Don't worry, I'm fine. But I love how he says he feels best with family out in wilderness. AND HIS GRANDPARENTS LIVE IN OREGON? SO DO MINE. :omg: Oh and yeah something else is shown here. Oops.

Then there iis amazing moment where he surprised Simon Biles and The Final Five Olympic gymnasts. :wub:  I'm not jealous, you are. 😢  

They were all fangirling and he just keeps giving them credit for how amazing they are. Wow, he is just the best. :wub:  How can I get this all to happen for me?

Then I am forever OBSESSED with this hilarious musical sketch promoting The Greatest Showman. :wub: 

f060f3735cc3cc546b7767dee3d66fb7.jpg

Then also this appearance on Ellen, where I love his reaction to his wax figure AND you can hear an example of his body positivity comments (that I mentioned) before around 2:05. ❤️  

I just love this next video that is a good example of his sweetness and sensitivity. :wub: He is so sweet refusing to put his foot on Ellen's table until she was going to hold it for him the whole segment. 😢  AND THEN HIM TALKING ABOUT HIS GRANDPARENTS! 😭   Hearing him talk about his role in the Ted Bundy movie is so interesting too. Ugh, this interview just shows so much I love about him despite the blonde hair. We talked about it.

And I'll end with this bonus video for me of a bunch of his dancing scenes from movies, although it's missing what is possibly my very favorite, so I'll post that one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZg7GXNr3c (This won't embed for some reason? Okay here another's version...)

:bobo: OMG GET YOU A MAN (but not really, he's mine, so back off) that dances so natural with such confidence and looks at you like you're the only girl in the world. :wub:  Wow, he looks like he had the time of his life here and I do too watching this. ❤️ 
Okay, I went a bit overboard, but to summarize: I love Zac so much (obviously) for his personality, talent, looks, and literally everything about him. He seems like such a sweet and amazing human who is as equally beautiful on the inside and outside. Wow, he is a dream and that is why I had to post him here. :wub:  I don't think any of the rest of the write-ups I do will be as much as this one. 

Zac Efron:  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, miss denise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Zac Efron

Zac is one of my longest-running crushes, and could even be considered my longest, depending on how you look at it. I'm too complicated to get in to explaining that right now. :giggle: But basically our relationship began back in the mid-2000s when he rose to stardom in the High School Musical series. I was OBSESSED with those movies and still love them to this day. They were a huge part of my life back then and will always hold a special place in my heart. ❤️  I had actually seen Zac before HSM (ironically, he was on Summerland with Jesse McCartney), but that was where I first really took notice of him. And by the second movie, a crush was born and a true glow-up happened to the point where I decided he was super duper hot. :giggle: This would only increase over the years because this man is a sight for my eyes to behold. 

Soo yeah, all this time I have consistently thought of Zac was one of the hottest guys on the planet, and pretty sure he may be the actual hottest. TO ME. Don't @ at me if you don't agree. I agree with myself and that's what matters here. :giggle:  Even when he does questionable things with his hair, the man cannot lose his attractiveness. I hated when he went blonde for awhile, although that look has since grown on me, even though I'll ALWAYS prefer the brown hair. But if he showed up at my doorstep with the blonde hair.... :omg: 

Anyway, I have watched a good majority of Zac's movies over the years. My favorites are the musicals, maybe because I grew up with HSM and it's where he rose to stardom, but I just love him in musicals, like Hairspray and The Greatest Showman. ❤️  I adore those movies. Some of my other favorites (and non-musicals) I love are 17 Again, Charlie St. Cloud, New Year's Eve (which I watched last night :giggle:, The Lucky One, and We Are Your Friends.  He's also been in a number of movies that are less my preferred genre.... like if you think I'm not really into raunchy R-rated comedies, you'd be right, but if you think I'd watch them solely to see Zac, then you'd also be right. :giggle: Oops. Case in point - Dirty Grandpa, which based on the title alone, is not something I would ever care to see. But oops, Zac was in it and I can't even talk about it and the things he does and wears or doesn't wear in that.  Zac did admit that he took on some movie roles for the work, which hurts my heart that he felt he had to settle for projects he wasn't really passionate about. :broken: :( Zac deserves better! But it makes my heart sing (no pun intended) when he talked about being glad to get back to musicals with The Greatest Showman.  :wub:  More of that please! He also recently starred in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, which is a rather controversial movie based on the real life stories it covers, but his acting was amazing in that and I'm glad he got the opportunity to take on such a dark and serious role.  Plus, he followed it up with voiceover work in Scoob! so what versatility we have here! :wub::giggle:I heard a few months ago that he is set to star in an upcoming remake of Three Men and a Baby, which has me really excited, although we could change it to A Man And Three Babies because I might like to see that even more. :giggle: But yes, Zac is a very talented and versatile actor and does not often get the credit he deserves! He can do cartoons, drama, romance, musicals, comedies, thrillers... he can do it all and I hope he gets more opportunities to show that range in the years to come. I'd love to see him in more musicals, of course. ❤️  

I'll just post some of his musical movie moments now, even though there's many more.

Zac honestly seems like such a sweet and humble guy, which only makes my attraction to him blossom even more. I remember in his most recent Ellen appearance, she said how he's just the nicest guy. :wub:  Not that Ellen is the God of all truth, but STILL. I believe it. I've watched so many interviews of him and he is actually so adorable and comes off rather bashful when people bring up his physique and things. :wub: :giggle:To quote One Direction...that's what makes you beautiful! He does not even realize or believe how gorgeous he is. :wub:  That + his actual gorgeousness + HIS ACTUAL HEART are what make me love him so so much. I love things like how he's mentioned his ~Baywatch body~ was only for the movie and it's unrealistic to try to maintain that kind of form and how being healthy is most important. WOW. I stan. I mean that body was amazing but well never mind, I'll stop talking. But he was super toned and muscular for that role, which he said was solely for the role and he'd do it for work, but not life. That being said, he is obviously a very fit and active person, which is something I love, as fitness is also a big thing for me. :wub: You don't have to have that Baywatch body to still be in amazing shape, which he has shown, although I'll keep the photo evidence to myself. :giggle: But from all I've seen he just has the most unassuming, sweet and caring personality, but can also be really funny. He is a big family guy, loves dogs ( :teeheewave: ), and is obviously physically attracted beyond words. Some specific things he's said, like the way I've heard him talk about his grandpa and how he once said a woman's personality is the most attractive thing... :wub:!!! OMG this guy is the most physically beautiful, but even more so inside? I can't process. It's all too much. 😢   If this crush of mine is not approved of, I might die. 

iHcWeU3.gif

6DLLByK.gif

iPU3sEo.gif

tXUXOHu.gif%5B

HEiJC7a.gif 

2QDvSTo.gif

inPjpXI.gif

gC3OAt5.gif

So many other gifs I will not let myself post. I'll now share some random fun videos, like these egg and water games he played with Jimmy Fallon.... 

That wig did not last long! This is what the majority of the video ended up like: 

31nxwLJ.gif

Then next is one of my ALL TIME favorites that I randomly love to go back and rewatch. :wub:  Sorry not sorry, but him singing this completely improvised song with Taylor Swift? Something from my dreams. ❤️  (And it's adorable that he did voice work for The Lorax. :wub: )

Here is another video I love with him talking about family.... plus his reactions to the photos and the video Ellen showed. :giggle: See? How can I not love him? He is the most adorable, funny, sweet guy EVER.  Don't worry, I'm fine. But I love how he says he feels best with family out in wilderness. AND HIS GRANDPARENTS LIVE IN OREGON? SO DO MINE. :omg: Oh and yeah something else is shown here. Oops.

Then there iis amazing moment where he surprised Simon Biles and The Final Five Olympic gymnasts. :wub:  I'm not jealous, you are. 😢  

They were all fangirling and he just keeps giving them credit for how amazing they are. Wow, he is just the best. :wub:  How can I get this all to happen for me?

Then I am forever OBSESSED with this hilarious musical sketch promoting The Greatest Showman. :wub: 

Then also this appearance on Ellen, where I love his reaction to his wax figure AND you can hear an example of his body positivity comments (that I mentioned) before around 2:05. ❤️  

I just love this next video that is a good example of his sweetness and sensitivity. :wub: He is so sweet refusing to put his foot on Ellen's table until she was going to hold it for him the whole segment. 😢  AND THEN HIM TALKING ABOUT HIS GRANDPARENTS! 😭   Hearing him talk about his role in the Ted Bundy movie is so interesting too. Ugh, this interview just shows so much I love about him despite the blonde hair. We talked about it.

And I'll end with this bonus video for me of a bunch of his dancing scenes from movies, although it's missing what is possibly my very favorite, so I'll post that one too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZg7GXNr3c (This won't embed for some reason? Okay here another's version...)

:bobo: OMG GET YOU A MAN (but not really, he's mine, so back off) that dances so natural with such confidence and looks at you like you're the only girl in the world. :wub:  Wow, he looks like he had the time of his life here and I do too watching this. ❤️ 
Okay, I went a bit overboard, but to summarize: I love Zac so much (obviously) for his personality, talent, looks, and literally everything about him. He seems like such a sweet and amazing human who is as equally beautiful on the inside and outside. Wow, he is a dream and that is why I had to post him here. :wub:  I don't think any of the rest of the write-ups I do will be as much as this one. 

Zac Efron:  

Grade: A+
He’s one of the classic celebrity crushes. :wub: I was wondering who that person in the Santa hat was when it was your profile picture. 😅 Overall, great taste! 🤩 @miss denise has been delivering some recent home-runs! 😁

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Hide contents

Grade: A+
He’s one of the classic celebrity crushes. :wub: I was wondering who that person in the Santa hat was when it was your profile picture. 😅 Overall, great taste! 🤩@miss denise has been delivering some recent home-runs! 😁

OMG YAY I passed again. :wub:  I am so happy because I would have died if this wasn't approved. :dead:  Haha yes, it was him in the Santa hat. :wub: Thank you so much! I hope my last few can be up to par for you too, but I am content finalizing my arranged marriage here. :giggle: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, miss denise said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah. :( Okay, thanks for sharing. There are a lot of health benefits, so it makes sense. I think I still prefer soy milk to almond, but switching my milk option was an easy way to consume less soy. I'm not against it, but have learned not to have it in excess (and I eat other products with soy). Haha true. Yes, that could be nice. lol this quote! I would assume you were talking about Carrie though. :haha:  It is! Oh, I have no idea what kind of comment you mean here, but am curious. lol

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe.... maybe not. I would be surprised if you aren't familiar with him, although you may not have watched any of his movies (or maybe you have!) I do have it finished, but am also kind of hesitating to post it. :blushingwave: But I will. 

- Oh, sorry. 😢 I just wanted to share and glad you like it! lol Cade is actually often her guitarist, but I guess not in this one. 

- That's okay. Oh no, you never saw it. 😮  I imagine it would be difficult to find now, but it'd be such a good throwback. :broken:  lol I know, I would have thought that would stop eventually, especially since I haven't watched that performance in so long. :dead: 

10. Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped In Red: I love this and it has only grown on me more over time. ❤️ I agree with all your thoughts. I also feel like this song has a warm and comforting feel about it. ❤️ 

09. David Archuleta - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays: I'm pleasantly surprised this one ranks so high! :wub:  This is such a joyous jam that always makes me happy. :bobo:  I love the cheerful nature of it and how it's just celebrating the season. I love both his version and the original. ❤️ 

08. Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night: There are so many amazing versions of this song, but Kelly's is my top favorite. ❤️ The a capella beginning really is chilling and her vocals are stunning throughout. I just love this. 

07. Elliott Yamin - This Christmas: Oh, was this the one I submitted with a link that included the whole album? :haha:  I'm sure I didn't submit this version. But this is another fun song that really puts me in the holiday spirit! It's perfect for Elliott. :bobo:  I originally was going to submit Ruben's version of this, but couldn't find an audio of it. 

06. Carrie Underwood - Halleljuah (featuring John Legend): They are a bit of an unexpected match, but I think Carrie and John sound amazing together. This song has such a warm, chilling, magical, uplifting, etc. feel about it. I can't find the proper word, so I just named a bunch. :haha:  But there is something special about it. It gets me in the feels. ❤️ 

05. Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know: I think Clay's version was my introduction to this song, but it is among my favorite Christmas songs now too. I love how he sings this and agree the restraint works really well. I love everything about this. Sorry about the percussion, but I'm glad it didn't ruin it for you. ❤️ 

04. David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen: I don't think I would have expected this one so high, but it is another pleasant surprise! :wub: I love the acoustic arrangement and how he sings on this. I also love the build-up and that reminds me this was another one I loved even more seeing live. :bobo: I love those Spanish parts!

03. Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher): Yes, this is so sweet and precious! :wub:  This song really reminds me of childhood, so it's even more perfect that Isaiah is featured on this one. He sounds so cute and I just love this mommy and son moment that they (and we) can always cherish. ❤️ 

02. Tori Kelly - Joy To The World/Joyful, Joyful:  The not-really-from-an-Idol-contestant-submission nearly topping the ranking! 😮 lol I love Tori and am a huge fan though, so I am not upset at all that she has a moment to shine here. :wub: She is an incredible singer and I'm so glad more people realize that now.  There are some other songs I prefer from her Christmas album, but they are all fantastic and worthy of being highlighted. ❤️ lol love the Clark reaction video.

01. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree: This is pretty much the perfect song to top an Idol Christmas songs ranking. This quickly became a Christmas classic IMO and is definitely among my all-time favorites. :wub:  I love the upbeat, bouncy, joyous, nature that celebrates the holiday season. :bobo: It's just infectious and Kelly slays vocally as always. She covered Mariah's song? 😮 She did release a cover of a song with the same title this year, but not the Mariah one. I would love to hear her sing that and definitely thought of UTT as Kelly's kind of version of Mariah's AIWFCIY. 

Great ranking! :santahappy:  I wondered if you'd include some of your own favorites among it, but glad to see you posted them here. I don't think I've heard any of these versions, but I enjoyed them all, especially the first two. 

No problem, I don't mind sharing something like this. Understandable about the switch from soy milk since you consume your fair share of soy. :yes: I was indeed talking about the Idol Country Queen when I made that reference. The comment I was going to make revolved around Kay and food, but it may be suggestive. Therefore, I won't say it to be on the safe side.

It looks like he was posted. I'll read and comment after I'm done with this post to see how wrong I am. :dead:

- Oh no, I made Denise cry; 2021 is getting off to a great start. :( 💔 :haha: At least I liked the performance. I see about Cade being her guitarist; it's interesting he wasn't here.

- Unfortunately, I didn't see it. :( It probably is difficult to find now. Maybe there are more performances from it online somewhere. I guess it's one of those things that are ingrained in one's system. :haha:

10. Happy to see you agree with my thoughts. The song does have a warm and comforting feel about it. :yes:

09. The song does have a cheerful nature and it does a great job of celebrating the season.

08. Kelly's version is now my favorite version as well. I'll give you three guesses as to which version was my original favorite. :giggle:

07. I definitely agree about the song being perfect for Elliott and it being a fun song to put people in the holiday spirit. Too bad about not being able to find an audio of Ruben's version; I would've loved to hear it.

06. Despite it being an unconventional match, the two do sound amazing together and I agree will all of the adjectives describing the songs.

05. Nice to see that Clay's version was the introduction for you and that it's now one of your favorite songs. I think it would've been better without the percussion, but it's still a great version.

04. Considering where we're at, a surprise or two should be expected by now. :giggle: The acoustic arrangement was a nice touch and the way he sang on the song was great as well. :yes:

03. I pretty much agree with everything here. Great point about the song being reminiscent of childhood, so it makes perfect sense for him to be on it.

02. It certainly did! :giggle: Fair enough about preferring other songs on her album. His reaction video cracked me up the first time I watched it. :lmao:

01. It definitely is an upbeat, joyous song to celebrate the season with! She certainly slays vocally. I'm familiar with the other song, but I thought I heard her cover Mariah's version some time ago. I may have been mistaken, however.

Thank you! I'm still deciding on the next topic but may have one in mind (I'm not sure when I'll start it, however). Happy to see you enjoyed the songs I posted!

Edited by Crisis

5 hours ago, miss denise said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Zac Efron

Anyway, I have watched a good majority of Zac's movies over the years. My favorites are the musicals, maybe because I grew up with HSM and it's where he rose to stardom, but I just love him in musicals, like Hairspray and The Greatest Showman. ❤️  I adore those movies. Some of my other favorites (and non-musicals) I love are 17 Again, Charlie St. Cloud, New Year's Eve (which I watched last night :giggle:, The Lucky One, and We Are Your Friends.  There are still some more I want to watch that could be added to my list of favorites. He's also been in a number of movies that are less my preferred genre.... like if you think I'm not really into raunchy R-rated comedies, you'd be right, but if you think I'd watch them solely to see Zac, then you'd also be right. :giggle: Oops. Case in point - Dirty Grandpa, which based on the title alone, is not something I would ever care to see. But oops, Zac was in it and I can't even talk about it and the things he does and wears or doesn't wear in that.  Zac did admit that he took on some movie roles for the work, which hurts my heart that he felt he had to settle for projects he wasn't really passionate about. :broken: :( Zac deserves better! But it makes my heart sing (no pun intended) when he talked about being glad to get back to musicals with The Greatest Showman.  :wub:  More of that please! He also recently starred in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, which is a rather controversial movie based on the real life stories it covers, but his acting was amazing in that and I'm glad he got the opportunity to take on such a dark and serious role.  Plus, he followed it up with voiceover work in Scoob! so what versatility we have here! :wub::giggle:I heard a few months ago that he is set to star in an upcoming remake of Three Men and a Baby, which has me really excited, although we could change it to A Man And Three Babies because I might like to see that even more. :giggle: But yes, Zac is a very talented and versatile actor and does not often get the credit he deserves! He can do cartoons, drama, romance, musicals, comedies, thrillers... he can do it all and I hope he gets more opportunities to show that range in the years to come. I'd love to see him in more musicals, of course. ❤️  

iHcWeU3.gif

6DLLByK.gif

iPU3sEo.gif

tXUXOHu.gif%5B

HEiJC7a.gif 

2QDvSTo.gif

inPjpXI.gif

gC3OAt5.gif

31nxwLJ.gif

Zac Efron:  

Zac Efron: As predicted, I was way off on my guesses again! :dead: Though I don't think I've seen any of his projects outside of Summerland (yes, that includes the High School Musical media), I have heard of him indeed. He is certainly a dreamboat, so I can see how someone can fall in love with him. :yes: On the subject of his hair, he definitely looks better with the brown instead of the blonde. It does appear his best material are musicals, and after watching a couple of the videos posted it's easy to see why. He is an impressive singer. Too bad about him taking on projects he didn't seem to care about because he needed the work. :( It's unfortunate, but I guess he had to do what he had to do. He does appear to have quite a range with him taking on all of those different roles. :yes: Good to see him be humble about people gushing over his physical features. Hey, quoting random song lyrics is my schtick! 😠 😛 :dead: I also liked how he said the Baywatch body was only for the movie and how unrealistic it is to try to maintain that form. I think the most important thing is to be healthy though it doesn't hurt to get fit in the process. I knew there was a naughty mind in there somewhere though I'm one to talk! :giggle: Yet another case in which someone is a dog lover; I'm sure that helps a lot. :haha: Those things said about his grandpa and a woman's personality are great to see. Ah, so that's where that avatar came from; I probably still wouldn't have gotten him. :lmao: The videos of him being on Fallon and Ellen were fun, especially the Ellen one with the games. I lost it at his twerking. 🤣 Him surprising the Final Five Olympic gymnasts was a nice touch. :yes: I see a YouTube video wouldn't embed; it looks like there's something else we have in common as one of the Karen Gillan videos I wanted to post wouldn't embed either. :haha: All in all, a great write-up of him. ❤️

Before I conclude my commentary, there is something else I wanted to post. I don't know if you're familiar with Hot Ones. If not, it's a series posted on YouTube in which the host Sean Evans interviews celebrity guests while he and the guest eat ten hot wings with each wing being hotter than the previous one. Zac did an interview and he came across as down to earth, which based on your write-up isn't surprising. In addition, he handled the heat better than a majority of the guests; in fact, he dabbed extra sauce on the wings. I'll post the video, although it's completely up to you if you want to watch it or not because of them eating meat. With that said, there are a few episodes in which Sean and the guests eat vegan or non-meat wings.

Zac Efron on Hot Ones: