Pandora's Box: A Random Idol Rankings Thread

Crisis

It's that time of the year! Many recording artists and singers in general have done at least a few Christmas songs whether they're traditional classics or brand new ones. This ranking will focus on the songs from some Idol contestants. 27 songs have been submitted, and I'll rank them all. If anyone wants to post their own personal rankings, go right ahead.

With that said, let's get started!

28. Louis Knight - Last Christmas

Leading off the list is Louis Knight's cover of Last Christmas. I'm not the biggest fan of Louis' voice; however, I have to say he doesn't sound too bad here. With that said, the main reason this is last is because I'm not a fan of the song itself, at least as a Christmas tune. When I think of Christmas songs, I think of high spirits, good cheer, or celebrating the birth of Christ. This song, however, seems to be about someone lamenting over a broken heart despite finding someone new. If not for the mentioning of Christmas, this wouldn't be a Christmas song, IMO. Geez, one song in and I'm already channeling my inner Grinch. :haha:

27. Dalton Rapattoni - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Prior to this ranking, I have never heard this song. Apparently, it was originally written and recorded by none other than John Lennon and I have to say it definitely sounds like something he would write. As for the song itself, again although the message itself appears to be uplifting, the song sounds too depressing for my liking. Again, when I listen to Christmas music, I want it to take me to a positive place. With that said, I think Dalton captured the mood of the song perfectly while simultaneously inserting himself into it. It's too bad I'm not as big on it as the others.

26. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby

I'm a huge Elliott fan, and I think he has one of the best voices of any Idol contestant. However, I have to say I'm not a fan of his voice on this song. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds as if he's trying to imitate Otis Redding instead of singing like himself. Elliott doesn't need to try to sound like anyone else because his voice is great on his own. Furthermore, this isn't one of my favorite Christmas songs; however, it's more positive than the two below it which gives it the edge. This is definitely the weaker of the two Elliott submissions.

28. Louis Knight - Last Christmas

27. Dalton Rapattoni - Merry Xmas (War Is Over)

26. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby

Remaining Songs:

Carrie Underwood - Favorite Time of Year

Carrie Underwood - Hallelujah (feat. John Legend)

Carrie Underwood - Little Drummer Boy (feat. Isaiah Fisher)

Carrie Underwood - Sweet Baby Jesus

Clay Aiken - Don’t Save It All For Christmas Day

Clay Aiken - Mary, Did You Know

Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

Clay Aiken - The First Noel

David Archuleta - Christmas Every Day

David Archuleta - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

David Archuleta - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

David Archuleta - Pat-A-Pan

David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

David Archuleta - Winter in the Air

Elliott Yamin - This Christmas

Gabby Barrett - The First Noel

George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain

Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List

Kelly Clarkson - O Holy Night

Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Mistletoe (feat. Brett Eldredge)

Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree

Kelly Clarkson - Wrapped in Red

Kris Allen - Baby It Ain’t Christmas Without You

Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Tori Kelly - Joy to the World/Joyful, Joyful

We're off to a great start aren't we? :haha:  I rushed this set because I didn't want to delay putting it off any longer. The next set will have four songs and the remaining sets will have five each. Hopefully the next sets will knock me out of this crisis and provide some much needed holiday cheer. :haha:

Edited by Crisis

12 hours ago, Crisis said:

It's that time of the year! Many recording artists and singers in general have done at least a few Christmas songs whether they're traditional classics or brand new ones. This ranking will focus on the songs from some Idol contestants. 27 songs have been submitted, and I'll rank them all. If anyone wants to post their own personal rankings, go right ahead.

With that said, let's get started!

27. Louis Knight - Last Christmas

Leading off the list is Louis Knight's cover of Last Christmas. I'm not the biggest fan of Louis' voice; however, I have to say he doesn't sound too bad here. With that said, the main reason this is last is because I'm not a fan of the song itself, at least as a Christmas tune. When I think of Christmas songs, I think of high spirits, good cheer, or celebrating the birth of Christ. This song, however, seems to be about someone lamenting over a broken heart despite finding someone new. If not for the mentioning of Christmas, this wouldn't be a Christmas song, IMO. Geez, one song in and I'm already channeling my inner Grinch. :haha:

26. Dalton Rapattoni - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Prior to this ranking, I have never heard this song. Apparently, it was originally written and recorded by none other than John Lennon and I have to say it definitely sounds like something he would write. As for the song itself, again although the message itself appears to be uplifting, the song sounds too depressing for my liking. Again, when I listen to Christmas music, I want it to take me to a positive place. With that said, I think Dalton captured the mood of the song perfectly while simultaneously inserting himself into it. It's too bad I'm not as big on it as the others.

25. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby

I'm a huge Elliott fan, and I think he has one of the best voices of any Idol contestant. However, I have to say I'm not a fan of his voice on this song. Maybe it's just me, but it sounds as if he's trying to imitate Otis Redding instead of singing like himself. Elliott doesn't need to try to sound like anyone else because his voice is great on his own. Furthermore, this isn't one of my favorite Christmas songs; however, it's more positive than the two below it which gives it the edge. This is definitely the weaker of the two Elliott submissions.

27. Louis Knight - Last Christmas

26. Dalton Rapattoni - Merry Xmas (War Is Over)

25. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby

Remaining Songs:

Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

George Huff - Go Tell It On The Mountain

Kris Allen - Baby It Ain’t Christmas Without You

We're off to a great start aren't we? :haha:  I rushed this set because I didn't want to delay putting it off any longer. The next set will have four songs and the remaining sets will have five each. Hopefully the next sets will knock me out of this crisis and provide some much needed holiday cheer. :haha:

Not too pleased with Louis’ cover placing in 25th. 😣 Full comments coming later! 

14 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this was one of the easier set of clues I issued. However, there could be some woman named Zales or Pandora. :giggle: Happy to see you think those pictures are pretty. It is funny I've posted a bunch of brunettes. :haha: As I mentioned earlier, good redheads are hard to come by. Then again, I can appreciate all sorts of beauties regardless of their hair or skin color and despite my personal preferences. With that said I may or may not have a crush that's a blonde (outside of our mascot of course). :giggle: Back to Kay, I agree with her being very pretty and I like the picture with glasses as well. I'm not one of those who has a glasses fetish, but that picture is a favorite of mine. There were some women who covered sports but didn't even know the fundamentals of the sport they covered. :/ Fortunately, she doesn't appear to be one of those. For my bar comments, I just get that vibe from her when I watch her. :haha: Even if she's single now and I'm not a player, I doubt I'd have any chance. I'm terrible around women, especially really pretty ones. :( :dead:  Yay, someone else who's a pancake fan! I have those for breakfast at least one day every weekend. ❤️ Too bad about not liking the chicken. :( To be honest, that was the dish that intrigued me the most. :haha: I couldn't believe I got a positive review although it was kind of ruined at the end. :/ :haha: It does appear to be that way. :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=16365732&f=1&nofb=1 :dead:

Reveal hidden contents

That's the most important thing, right? From what I've seen of him, I'm sure he'd appreciate it despite that. :haha: It was hilarious how he responded to the tweets. :lmao: No more clues? :( I guess I'll have to look more into the one I have. :haha:

Yeah, I meant ranking the contestants on The Masked Singer although I can do one on her looks during the show. :haha: I have a feeling I know which contestants I'll definitely have to watch out for; otherwise, I'll probably have to deal with anger or even worse, tears. Yeah, I don't think there's been a time when the results weren't questioned or debated. :haha: That person was very impressive if I say so myself. :yes:

It appears this will be post #25. I'll start the current ranking on the next page. No one post please! 🥺

I'm happy I was able to guess correctly. :haha: lol Kay was the only name that came to me and I don't think I ever heard of Zales at all. :lmao: I understand about the redheads, but ooh curious to see this blonde. :shiftywave: That's so silly anyone would have that kind of job without knowing what they're talking about. :haha: Noo, don't doubt yourself! You could have a chance. 😮  I believe in you! Plus, BK is arranging this for you too, so don't worry. :hug: :giggle: Pancakes are the best! :wub: Wow, every weekend is amazing.  ❤️ I don't eat animals, so that won't work for me. :no:  I heard of chicken and waffles though, but never chicken and pancakes. Ah yeah, I know. 😢  Yes! I won't complain for now. :giggle: 

:lmao: 

I guess.:lmao:Well then, bring on my dance lessons for Justin! :dead: I agree. I wanted to know your guess for my one and only clue. :giggle::shiftywave:  And I also might be ready to post it sooner than later. 🎅  

LOL I was thinking the wrong thing all this time, but that makes much more sense why you'd create a whole new thread for it. :dead:  Aww, you should know I would not rage at you, but tears.... are possible. 😢😛 Very true and that's good!

27. Louis Knight - Last Christmas: I actually love this song, although I do always have the same thoughts as you when I listen to it... definitely not cheery. :lmao:  I guess I just love the sound of it. I haven't heard Louis sing this before, but he sounds good here.

26. Dalton Rapattoni - Merry Xmas (War Is Over): Aw, I kind of thought this would rank low, but I wanted to submit it anyway.  I'm surprised you never heard this song before! I understand about the song and it not feeling uplifting enough. :(  But I appreciate you complimenting how Dalton did with it. ❤️ 

25. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby: Well darn, I expected you to like this one more. :haha: Interesting, he sounds like himself to me and I don't get the imitation feel, but oh well. The song is definitely cheery and uplifting. :bobo: 

10 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Reveal hidden contents

american idol crush GIF by David Archuleta

As you can tell, I am. :giggle: Oops, it was probably my profile picture and signature that spoiled it, sorry. ☹️

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Not too pleased with Louis’ cover placing in 25th. 😣 Full comments coming later! 

I never would've guessed. :giggle: Yeah, those spoiled the winner. 😐 With that said, I still enjoyed some of the performances up to that point. :yes:

I knew that ranking wasn't going to go over well (it's actually worse). :haha: I'll wait for the comments. :yes:

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm happy I was able to guess correctly. :haha: lol Kay was the only name that came to me and I don't think I ever heard of Zales at all. :lmao: I understand about the redheads, but ooh curious to see this blonde. :shiftywave: That's so silly anyone would have that kind of job without knowing what they're talking about. :haha: Noo, don't doubt yourself! You could have a chance. 😮  I believe in you! Plus, BK is arranging this for you too, so don't worry. :hug: :giggle: Pancakes are the best! :wub: Wow, every weekend is amazing.  ❤️ I don't eat animals, so that won't work for me. :no:  I heard of chicken and waffles though, but never chicken and pancakes. Ah yeah, I know. 😢  Yes! I won't complain for now. :giggle: 

Reveal hidden contents

I guess.:lmao:Well then, bring on my dance lessons for Justin! :dead: I agree. I wanted to know your guess for my one and only clue. :giggle::shiftywave:  And I also might be ready to post it sooner than later. 🎅  

LOL I was thinking the wrong thing all this time, but that makes much more sense why you'd create a whole new thread for it. :dead:  Aww, you should know I would not rage at you, but tears.... are possible. 😢😛 Very true and that's good!

27. Louis Knight - Last Christmas: I actually love this song, although I do always have the same thoughts as you when I listen to it... definitely not cheery. :lmao:  I guess I just love the sound of it. I haven't heard Louis sing this before, but he sounds good here.

26. Dalton Rapattoni - Merry Xmas (War Is Over): Aw, I kind of thought this would rank low, but I wanted to submit it anyway.  I'm surprised you never heard this song before! I understand about the song and it not feeling uplifting enough. :(  But I appreciate you complimenting how Dalton did with it. ❤️ 

25. Elliott Yamin - Merry Christmas, Baby: Well darn, I expected you to like this one more. :haha: Interesting, he sounds like himself to me and I don't get the imitation feel, but oh well. The song is definitely cheery and uplifting. :bobo: 

I guess Zales is more regional than nationwide. 🤷‍♂️ That person may come up sooner rather than later. :giggle: It is silly. I don't expect them to be experts; however, they should know SOMETHING about what they're covering at least. I guess it's always a self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes to that subject. :( With that said, thank you. 🤗 I don't know if I should be worried or not if BK is arranging the marriage. :giggle: You know I agree about the pancakes! :yes: Yeah, what can I say, seeing that the weekend is the only time I have time to cook in the morning. Oh I see about the chicken. You don't have to answer if you don't want, but out of curiosity are you a vegetarian or vegan? I'm with you on chicken and waffles and chicken and pancakes. Pretty much agree with the last sentences.

:yes:. As mentioned, I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort. As for the guess, I'll probably give it tonight. However, I'm not sure when the next one will be posted based on the last sentence... :haha:

Sorry, I should've been more clear on that. :haha: Understandable about both the rage and tears. :haha: As you know, I do try to have as much balance in my write-ups as possible, so hopefully there won't be anything tear-inducing. If so, I'll probably end up crying myself. :haha: Everybody can't be pleased after all! :dead:

27. Glad to see you agree about my thoughts on the song. It's catchy and well-written, but I don't get a cheery Christmas vibe from it. 🙁

26. I guess the song and I never had the chance to cross paths. :lmao: Yeah, I guess I'm wired differently when it comes to Christmas songs. :haha: He did do a great job with it.

25. As mentioned, I'm not really a fan of the song. The song is definitely more cheery and uplifting than the two below it. Fair enough about him not sounding like an imitation.

1 hour ago, miss denise said:

In response to feeling like a Grinch and being in a crisis ( :giggle:), I have some gifs for you.... 

giphy.gif

source.gif

e8491e3c95bed2655a8ea25608a944c8_w200.gi

:giggle:santa.gif.94ac349eddfb2462e9af985f8b50bde0.gif 

I'm glad someone caught that. :giggle:

These gifs are helping a little, especially right now because I'm having a long day at work. :yes: At least a four day weekend is coming up. :ohyeah:

Edited by Crisis

21 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess Zales is more regional than nationwide. 🤷‍♂️ That person may come up sooner rather than later. :giggle: It is silly. I don't expect them to be experts; however, they should know SOMETHING about what they're covering at least. I guess it's always a self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes to that subject. :( With that said, thank you. 🤗 I don't know if I should be worried or not if BK is arranging the marriage. :giggle: You know I agree about the pancakes! :yes: Yeah, what can I say, seeing that the weekend is the only time I have time to cook in the morning. Oh I see about the chicken. You don't have to answer if you don't want, but out of curiosity are you a vegetarian or vegan? I'm with you on chicken and waffles and chicken and pancakes. Pretty much agree with the last sentences.

Reveal hidden contents

:yes:. As mentioned, I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort. As for the guess, I'll probably give it tonight. However, I'm not sure when the next one will be posted based on the last sentence... :haha:

Sorry, I should've been more clear on that. :haha: Understandable about both the rage and tears. :haha: As you know, I do try to have as much balance in my write-ups as possible, so hopefully there won't be anything tear-inducing. If so, I'll probably end up crying myself. :haha: Everybody can't be pleased after all! :dead:

27. Glad to see you agree about my thoughts on the song. It's catchy and well-written, but I don't get a cheery Christmas vibe from it. 🙁

26. I guess the song and I never had the chance to cross paths. :lmao: Yeah, I guess I'm wired differently when it comes to Christmas songs. :haha: He did do a great job with it.

25. As mentioned, I'm not really a fan of the song. The song is definitely more cheery and uplifting than the two below it. Fair enough about him not sounding like an imitation.

I'm glad someone caught that. :giggle:

These gifs are helping a little, especially right now because I'm having a long day at work. :yes: At least a four day weekend is coming up. :ohyeah:

I have no idea. :lmao:  Ooh yay. :shiftywave: I completely agree! Aww. :( :hug: lol well, at least you've got approval on Kay, if nobody else, so that should be okay (no pun intended :giggle:).  That makes sense about having time on weekend mornings. It's something to look forward to as well. ❤️ Oh, I don't mind, although I'm a bit complicated. I generally consider myself vegan, although I'm lenient since I won't make a fuss if food at a restaurant or someone else's home contains dairy/eggs, although I request those ingredients be left out if possible, and don't eat actual dairy products or eggs. I make and eat vegan food at home, and don't eat meat/fish anywhere.  Pancakes. :wub: It's always a question of it someone prefers pancakes or waffles, and I feel like french toast gets left out. :haha: I love it all. 

Actually, it would be better for me and him to take a dance class together than me attempt to teach anything.:dead:  That could be fun.  What's the hold up on the guess? :giggle:I'm curious. lol I don't want to promise a specific time in case I can't make it, but.... I am working hard for it to be ready soon. 😇 

That's okay, but I wouldn't judge if you wanted a whole thread for Nicole's outfits. :dead: Aw yes, I do know this. I can be dramatic. 😢 Aww. :haha: 

- It's definitely not a cheery Christmas vibe. :lmao: 

- I see! That's okay. ❤️ 

- Oops, I somehow missed you not caring for the song either. 

Of course. :haha:

Oh yay! Sorry about your long work day. :(  But yay for a long weekend! 😄 

70a707777093475501fecdb32aa5e7f4.gif :bobo: 

3 hours ago, miss denise said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have no idea. :lmao:  Ooh yay. :shiftywave: I completely agree! Aww. :( :hug: lol well, at least you've got approval on Kay, if nobody else, so that should be okay (no pun intended :giggle:).  That makes sense about having time on weekend mornings. It's something to look forward to as well. ❤️ Oh, I don't mind, although I'm a bit complicated. I generally consider myself vegan, although I'm lenient since I won't make a fuss if food at a restaurant or someone else's home contains dairy/eggs, although I request those ingredients be left out if possible, and don't eat actual dairy products or eggs. I make and eat vegan food at home, and don't eat meat/fish anywhere.  Pancakes. :wub: It's always a question of it someone prefers pancakes or waffles, and I feel like french toast gets left out. :haha: I love it all. 

Reveal hidden contents

Actually, it would be better for me and him to take a dance class together than me attempt to teach anything.:dead:  That could be fun.  What's the hold up on the guess? :giggle:I'm curious. lol I don't want to promise a specific time in case I can't make it, but.... I am working hard for it to be ready soon. 😇 

That's okay, but I wouldn't judge if you wanted a whole thread for Nicole's outfits. :dead: Aw yes, I do know this. I can be dramatic. 😢 Aww. :haha: 

Oh yay! Sorry about your long work day. :(  But yay for a long weekend! 😄 

70a707777093475501fecdb32aa5e7f4.gif :bobo: 

I'm not sure when that person may arrive, but I'll post the clues when it's time. Happy to see you agree! Thank you; it's something I'm still working on. At least I got one approval. :haha: Oh, I see about being a vegan. This is just me talking out of my you-know-what, but I imagine it's easy to avoid meat but difficult for dairy products. A few times a year I have a vegetarian diet 2-3 weeks at a time; however, I haven't tried going full vegan yet. I guess it's hard for me to find something to replace potential dairy products. Regardless, I commend anyone who goes that route as long as they're not obnoxious or try to guilt trip people about it. :yes: Team pancakes all the way; I've never been able to get into waffles for some reason. :haha: I love French toast as well, especially when using Texas Toast bread. ❤️ It does seem to be left out as far as breakfast foods go.

Yeah, that would be a better idea. :dead: As for the guess, I'm not as sure as I thought I would be. Nonetheless, I'll take a stab at it. I'm going to say Mitch Grassi of Pentatonix. 🤷‍♂️ Regardless, I'm looking forward to whoever it is. :yes:

I don't know where I would begin if I were to create that thread. :dead: I know you can be dramatic, which is why I go out of my way to prevent it as much as possible. :yes: :haha:

🤗

Happy Christmas Eve Eve indeed! :lmao:

I'll try to have the next set of Christmas songs up some time tomorrow. 

Edited by Crisis

27. Louis Knight- Last Christmas I had a feeling you would place this low, but not for the reasons you gave. 😅 Louis did sound really good on the song, in fact, these studio-produced songs are 100% up his alley. :yes: The main appeal for this one was the emotion for me. His voice is just perfect for that, so I loved the cover! 😊 🤣 at you becoming the Grinch! 

26. Dalton Rapattoni- Happy Xmas (War Is Over) Yeah, I would have definitely had this below Louis’, but that’s just my bias. 🤣Wow, I’m surprised you haven’t heard this song prior to this ranking. 😮 This was a pretty good cover, but I agree that it sounded a little bit depressing. 😅

25. Elliott Yamin- Merry Christmas, Baby - Yes, this wasn’t great... ☹️ I didn’t like Elliott’s voice on this song and yeah, I agree with the thing about him maybe trying to imitate. So far, this was my least favorite out of the submissions. 

An all-male bottom 3 in true IDF fashion. :haha: I’m surprised Gabby didn’t show up in the first set. :giggle:

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

27. Louis Knight- Last Christmas I had a feeling you would place this low, but not for the reasons you gave. 😅 Louis did sound really good on the song, in fact, these studio-produced songs are 100% up his alley. :yes: The main appeal for this one was the emotion for me. His voice is just perfect for that, so I loved the cover! 😊🤣 at you becoming the Grinch! 

26. Dalton Rapattoni- Happy Xmas (War Is Over) Yeah, I would have definitely had this below Louis’, but that’s just my bias. 🤣Wow, I’m surprised you haven’t heard this song prior to this ranking. 😮 This was a pretty good cover, but I agree that it sounded a little bit depressing. 😅

25. Elliott Yamin- Merry Christmas, Baby - Yes, this wasn’t great... ☹️ I didn’t like Elliott’s voice on this song and yeah, I agree with the thing about him maybe trying to imitate. So far, this was my least favorite out of the submissions. 

An all-male bottom 3 in true IDF fashion. :haha: I’m surprised Gabby didn’t show up in the first set. :giggle:

27. Now I wonder why you thought I would place it this low. :haha: At least it's good to see you enjoyed it.

26. I guess this was/is a popular song around this time. :haha: I'm glad you seem to agree with me about the song being a good cover and it sounding a little depressing.

25. Sadly, I agree with nearly everything here.

Hey, I'm not that bad; I've ranked females in the bottom before. :haha: Obviously, I'm not ranking the songs based on the contestants themselves seeing that one of my all-time favorite contestants is in the bottom 3. :haha:

• Haha 1

25. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You

I have to say this isn’t a bad song. The music is nice and the melody is pretty catchy, especially the chorus; it’s really easy and fun to hum along to. In addition, I enjoy the message and the sentiment behind it. Finally, it appears this is an original composition by Kris, and it showcases his talent as a songwriter. With that said, however, I have it here because I like the songs I have ahead of it more. From this point on, it’ll be difficult to rank these songs because there is something I like about them in some form or another.

24. George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain

At first when I saw this song, I thought to myself there is no way this spiritual staple can be considered a Christmas song. After perusing the lyrics, however, I have to say it absolutely fits the Christmas theme since it celebrates the birth of Christ; it even includes Christmas in it which I never noticed until now. :haha: Also, this is George completely in his element. The song fits him to a T, and it’s easy to tell how into it he is and how much he enjoys himself. He’s just one of those people whose attitude is contagious and you can’t help yourself but to smile at it. As much as I would like to place this higher, I think this is a fine spot.

23. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

At #22 is the first of the four Clay songs submitted. One of the things I like about the song is the message. When I first listened to it, I thought it would be another song that had Christmas in it but would be another sad song. After listening to it a few more times and reading the lyrics, however, I realized there was a nice story being told. It appears to be about someone losing the Christmas spirit but regaining it towards the end. I think Clay sounded nice and did a nice job of telling the story. Despite being my least favorite of his songs submitted, this is a nice song all things considered.

22. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

Closing out the set is the first of millions of Archie Christmas songs submissions (OK, there are only six, but it feels like a million). :haha: This was a song I definitely had to look up to understand the meaning because it’s sung in Spanish, and my understanding of the Spanish language isn’t the best. :dead: From my Internet search, it appears the song is about Virgin Mary preparing to give birth to Christ with God protecting her along the way. The song itself is pretty catchy, and Archie does a great job with the singing and especially the dialect (I believe he’s of Spanish descent; I’m sure an Arch Angel will confirm it for me). :haha: Very nice indeed. :yes:

25. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You

24. George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain

23. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

22. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

Remaining Songs:

Depending on how everything goes, I may post the next set some time this evening.

Edited by Crisis

10 minutes ago, Crisis said:

24. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You

I have to say this isn’t a bad song. The music is nice and the melody is pretty catchy, especially the chorus; it’s really easy and fun to hum along to. In addition, I enjoy the message and the sentiment behind it. Finally, it appears this is an original composition by Kris, and it showcases his talent as a songwriter. With that said, however, I have it here because I like the songs I have ahead of it more. From this point on, it’ll be difficult to rank these songs because there is something I like about them in some form or another.

23. George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain

At first when I saw this song, I thought to myself there is no way this spiritual staple can be considered a Christmas song. After perusing the lyrics, however, I have to say it absolutely fits the Christmas theme since it celebrates the birth of Christ; it even includes Christmas in it which I never noticed until now. :haha: Also, this is George completely in his element. The song fits him to a T, and it’s easy to tell how into it he is and how much he enjoys himself. He’s just one of those people whose attitude is contagious and you can’t help yourself but to smile at it. As much as I would like to place this higher, I think this is a fine spot.

22. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

At #22 is the first of the four Clay songs submitted. One of the things I like about the song is the message. When I first listened to it, I thought it would be another song that had Christmas in it but would be another sad song. After listening to it a few more times and reading the lyrics, however, I realized there was a nice story being told. It appears to be about someone losing the Christmas spirit but regaining it towards the end. I think Clay sounded nice and did a nice job of telling the story. Despite being my least favorite of his songs submitted, this is a nice song all things considered.

21. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

Closing out the set is the first of millions of Archie Christmas songs submissions (OK, there are only six, but it feels like a million). :haha: This was a song I definitely had to look up to understand the meaning because it’s sung in Spanish, and my understanding of the Spanish language isn’t the best. :dead: From my Internet search, it appears the song is about Virgin Mary preparing to give birth to Christ with God protecting her along the way. The song itself is pretty catchy, and Archie does a great job with the singing and especially the dialect (I believe he’s of Spanish descent; I’m sure an Arch Angel will confirm it for me). :haha: Very nice indeed. :yes:

24. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You

23. George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain

22. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love

21. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu

Remaining Songs:

Depending on how everything goes, I may post the next set some time this evening.

Not me having none of my submissions show up in this set. 😄 Also, Margie Mays just dropped a Christmas cover TODAY. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Crisis said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure when that person may arrive, but I'll post the clues when it's time. Happy to see you agree! Thank you; it's something I'm still working on. At least I got one approval. :haha: Oh, I see about being a vegan. This is just me talking out of my you-know-what, but I imagine it's easy to avoid meat but difficult for dairy products. A few times a year I have a vegetarian diet 2-3 weeks at a time; however, I haven't tried going full vegan yet. I guess it's hard for me to find something to replace potential dairy products. Regardless, I commend anyone who goes that route as long as they're not obnoxious or try to guilt trip people about it. :yes: Team pancakes all the way; I've never been able to get into waffles for some reason. :haha: I love French toast as well, especially when using Texas Toast bread. ❤️ It does seem to be left out as far as breakfast foods go.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, that would be a better idea. :dead: As for the guess, I'm not as sure as I thought I would be. Nonetheless, I'll take a stab at it. I'm going to say Mitch Grassi of Pentatonix. 🤷‍♂️ Regardless, I'm looking forward to whoever it is. :yes:

I don't know where I would begin if I were to create that thread. :dead: I know you can be dramatic, which is why I go out of my way to prevent it as much as possible. :yes: :haha:

Happy Christmas Eve Eve indeed! :lmao:

I'll try to have the next set of Christmas songs up some time tomorrow. 

That's fine! Aww. :hug:  Yes, so now we can confirm BK won't let you end up alone. :haha: Yeah, as far as eating at restaurants goes, it can be difficult because so much food is made with milk, butter, cheese, cream, etc, even when it's not necessary. I don't live in an area with full-vegan restaurants, but I know some bigger cities have a lot of them and I've been able to eat at some and they've been amazing. ❤️ So many processed foods are made with dairy and/or eggs as well, but then again, I am trying to cut back on processed foods in general... haven't gotten too far in that yet though. :haha: Some things like Oreos though are vegan. ❤️ Aww I love that about you going vegetarian from time to time! I have found some great dairy replacement products, specifically with milk (there are endless options these days but I typically have almond milk) and butter. Cheese is a bit more difficult, although there are options, but most I've tried don't taste the best. I mostly just forego cheese replacements, which I've gotten used to. Wow, this ended up much longer than I expected. :dead: But thanks for listening. I appreciate that. :hug:  I definitely don't want to come off that way to anyone, but am happy to talk about it, especially if someone is curious on exploring those options. My main motivation is my love of animals. ❤️  I've always preferred pancakes to waffles too, although to be honest, is there a difference besides how they're cooked? :dead: I feel like the ingredients are the same. But love the big, fluffy pancake texture. ❤️ Agree about French toast! The thicker the bread, the better! :D~ I love making it with sourdough. 

I'm glad you agree I have no dance skill. :dead:  😛  But it would be fun. :wub: Oooh interesting.... very interesting. I wonder how this came about. :giggle: I will give another clue now that you made a guess. He is primarily an actor, although can also sing.

I don't know either, but you'd have fun. :lmao: OMG. I thought you liked my drama. I don't think it goes too far. :dead:  

:giggle: tenor.gif?itemid=10595530 :santahappy: 

24. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You: I pretty much agree with all you said here! Understandable you prefer the rest of the songs and that's why this isn't higher, despite still liking it. :yes: 

23. George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain: I'm shocked you thought this wasn't a Christmas song! That's how I've always known it. :haha: I again agree with all your thoughts. This one is super joyous and should pass your Christmas songs criteria with flying colors. :kissbye: 

22. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love: Aww this was always a favorite of mine from the album for some reason. I'm glad you were able to appreciate the lyrics and story more as you dove into them. ❤️ 

21. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu: OMG okay I will take this opportunity to say that I really tried to limit how many songs I submitted for each person. I honestly would have submitted many more of David's if I hadn't done that. :lmao: I also tried to add in a few other people to give some versatility, so I hope that worked out. Anyway, this is one of my favorites and I just love David on this song! :wub: Him singing in Spanish is sooo good. I mean obviously so is English, but you don't hear the Spanish as often. :haha: Yes, he is of Spanish descent and speaks fluent Spanish. :yes: It shows here and I just love this, especially the build-up of the song. ❤️ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miss denise said:

Him singing in Spanish is sooo good. I mean obviously so is English, but you don't hear the Spanish as often. :haha: Yes, he is of Spanish descent and speaks fluent Spanish. :yes: It shows here and I just love this, especially the build-up of the song. ❤️ 

That’s so true! He sings in Spanish for one of my submissions too. :wub: 

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's fine! Aww. :hug:  Yes, so now we can confirm BK won't let you end up alone. :haha: Yeah, as far as eating at restaurants goes, it can be difficult because so much food is made with milk, butter, cheese, cream, etc, even when it's not necessary. I don't live in an area with full-vegan restaurants, but I know some bigger cities have a lot of them and I've been able to eat at some and they've been amazing. ❤️ So many processed foods are made with dairy and/or eggs as well, but then again, I am trying to cut back on processed foods in general... haven't gotten too far in that yet though. :haha: Some things like Oreos though are vegan. ❤️ Aww I love that about you going vegetarian from time to time! I have found some great dairy replacement products, specifically with milk (there are endless options these days but I typically have almond milk) and butter. Cheese is a bit more difficult, although there are options, but most I've tried don't taste the best. I mostly just forego cheese replacements, which I've gotten used to. Wow, this ended up much longer than I expected. :dead: But thanks for listening. I appreciate that. :hug:  I definitely don't want to come off that way to anyone, but am happy to talk about it, especially if someone is curious on exploring those options. My main motivation is my love of animals. ❤️  I've always preferred pancakes to waffles too, although to be honest, is there a difference besides how they're cooked? :dead: I feel like the ingredients are the same. But love the big, fluffy pancake texture. ❤️ Agree about French toast! The thicker the bread, the better! :D~ I love making it with sourdough. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm glad you agree I have no dance skill. :dead:  😛  But it would be fun. :wub: Oooh interesting.... very interesting. I wonder how this came about. :giggle: I will give another clue now that you made a guess. He is primarily an actor, although can also sing.

I don't know either, but you'd have fun. :lmao: OMG. I thought you liked my drama. I don't think it goes too far. :dead:  

:giggle: tenor.gif?itemid=10595530 :santahappy: 

24. Kris Allen - Baby It Ain't Christmas Without You: I pretty much agree with all you said here! Understandable you prefer the rest of the songs and that's why this isn't higher, despite still liking it. :yes: 

23. George Huff - Go, Tell It On The Mountain: I'm shocked you thought this wasn't a Christmas song! That's how I've always known it. :haha: I again agree with all your thoughts. This one is super joyous and should pass your Christmas songs criteria with flying colors. :kissbye: 

22. Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love: Aww this was always a favorite of mine from the album for some reason. I'm glad you were able to appreciate the lyrics and story more as you dove into them. ❤️ 

21. David Archuleta - Riu Riu Chiu: OMG okay I will take this opportunity to say that I really tried to limit how many songs I submitted for each person. I honestly would have submitted many more of David's if I hadn't done that. :lmao: I also tried to add in a few other people to give some versatility, so I hope that worked out. Anyway, this is one of my favorites and I just love David on this song! :wub: Him singing in Spanish is sooo good. I mean obviously so is English, but you don't hear the Spanish as often. :haha: Yes, he is of Spanish descent and speaks fluent Spanish. :yes: It shows here and I just love this, especially the build-up of the song. ❤️ 

Well, I guess that's a good thing. :haha: That's really true about so much food being made with dairy products even when not necessary. :/ Too bad about not having full-vegan places in your area, but at least you were able to find some places in the big cities and enjoyed their meals. :yes: I hear, or in this case read, you about processed foods. :lmao: I've heard about Oreos being vegan. Last time I went vegetarian was right after Thanksgiving. I didn't eat any meat products until the 14th, and I plan on doing so right after New Year's. :yes: I've had almond milk before, and unfortunately it wasn't for me. :( I have, however, enjoyed soy and rice milk; in fact, I use the former in peanut butter and banana smoothies. Too bad about not finding any good vegan replacements for cheese. At least it appears you have gotten used to being without it. No worries; I expect lengthy replies from you, and they are nice to read. :yes: :giggle: I know you won't come across that way. It's just that my brother dated a vegan, and she wouldn't stop talking about how much better she was because she didn't eat anything animal related. 😒 Your reason for being vegan (love of animals) reminds me of a certain country superstar... 🤔 :giggle:. I guess one is prepared on a griddle and the other uses a waffle iron. :lmao: Agreed about French toast, especially the sourdough. Funny enough, I'm not a fan of sourdough bread, but I love to use it for French toast. :haha: My, my, my, we went from talking about Kay to food. Maybe it was a mistake for me to post the video of her eating pancakes. :haha:

No, I didn't mean for it to come off that way! :dead: I'm sure it would be. :yes: I guess the beatboxing looked like something Pentatonix members would do, plus I thought he physically resembled Mitch. :haha:  So it's an actor who can also sing. I have a feeling it's going to be someone who I'm not familiar with again. :lmao: OK, my new guess is Jeremy Jordan, though he's probably more of a singer than actor. Oh well, I'm sticking with it. :haha:

It would definitely be fun. However, it would also be somewhat annoying and restrictive because I'd have to contain myself. :dead: I guess it's fun in some ways. :haha:

tenor.gif?itemid=10592194&f=1&nofb=1

24. Nice to see so much agreement here!

23. I've always thought of it as a Gospel song and not so much a Christmas one. It is super joyous, and it does pass my Christmas song criteria indeed. :haha:

22. Nice to see this is a favorite of yours from the album. :yes: Me too.

21. No need to defend yourself. :giggle: Good to see this is one of your favorites. He does sound impressive singing in Spanish although it makes sense seeing he is of Spanish descent and can speak it fluently. :haha: The build-up throughout the song was really good. :yes:

Edited by Crisis

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

This is two weeks old, but I just saw it on my YouTube recommendations today and thought about how @Bk1234 must love it.  :haha:^_^ 

I have to say it's a nice song. Both Francisco and Julia sounded great on it. :yes: The chemistry between the two in the video was solid as well. :yes:

• Like 1

21. Gabby Barrett - The First Noel

Well, Gabby managed to avoid the first two sets; however, her luck has officially run out. :giggle: While she may not be at the bottom, she's the first female to show up; therefore, tradition holds up in some form or another. :giggle: With that said, I have to say this isn't a bad rendition of the song. My favorite part is definitely the softer tones in the beginning. I didn't really care for the louder parts of the song, but I could tell she sang the song with some serious conviction. When it's all said and done, she did a nice job for the most part despite being the first of the two versions of the song to appear here.

20. Carrie Underwood - Sweet Baby Jesus

Next up is the first of five Carrie Underwood submissions to appear. While this is my least favorite of the submissions, it's still a song I like very much. I really like the message and sentiment behind it. Carrie's voice sounds really lovely here, and she did a great job of depicting the birth of Christ and the huge burden placed on his shoulders. I would probably say my favorite part is the chorus because it had a nice melody and it wasn't a drastic change from the rest of the song. It's a nice song that can place someone in a calm place for a lack of a better term.

19. Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's a song that is timeless and one I often find myself humming whenever it's on. While this version by Ruben and Tamyra isn't my personal favorite, it's still a nice rendition of this Christmas classic. Ruben's voice can really take some to another place, and I have to say Tamyra sounded really pretty here herself. My favorite parts of the song are when the two harmonize; I feel their voices blend very well together. If there's one criticism of the song, it's that I would've liked to hear some more dynamics, especially towards the end. Nonetheless, the two of them did their thing on this one.

18. Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List

Here we have the first of Kelly's five submissions. This is another song in which the story was told nicely. I'm only speaking for myself here; I remember the feelings of wanting gifts as a child for Christmas but eventually having different priorities as I grew up. Yet there are still feelings of hoping for something during Christmas. I think Kelly did a tremendous job conveying these feelings. She sang with both the gravity and longing a song like this requires. Although it may not be the most cheerful song, for some reason I don't dismiss it as such. Either way, this is nicely done by Kelly.

17. David Archuleta - Pat-A-Pan

Closing out the set is another one of Archie's submissions. Like Riu Riu Chiu, Archie sings in Spanish in this song; however, it's only in the beginning before singing the rest in English. The two songs share some similarities with both of them being upbeat and having a certain rhythm. Nevertheless, I prefer this one because I like the music and the message more. It's one of those songs which it can't be helped but to smile and nod heads to. In addition, due to the fast pace and rhythm, this appears to be a tough song to sing; however, he didn't appear to struggle at all with the tempo. Overall, it's another nice rendition from Archie.

21. Gabby Barrett - The First Noel

20. Carrie Underwood - Sweet Baby Jesus

19. Ruben Studdard & Tamyra Gray - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

18. Kelly Clarkson - My Grown Up Christmas List

17. David Archuleta - Pat-A-Pan

Remaining Songs:

If anyone notices the rankings changing, it's because I don't know how to count. 😅 I thought there were 27 songs, but it turns out there are 28. Another fail on my behalf. 😂

• Haha 1

I wasn't online yesterday, so I'll take this opportunity to say I hope everyone had or is having a Happy Holidays! 😊 With that said...

16. David Archuleta - Winter In The Air

With Winter In The Air appearing, we’re about halfway done with the Archie submissions. :giggle: This is a nice and serene tune, and Archie sounds really nice here. I like that it’s solely just him and a piano because it creates the serene ambience a song like this needs. It’s one of those songs you listen to while sitting in front of a fireplace and sipping on a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows in it (OK, maybe it's just me :haha:). If I had to pick my favorite part(s), it would definitely be the chorus due to its melody. I've always thought Archie’s biggest strength is ballads, and this tune is no different.

15. Clay Aiken - The First Noel

Up next is the second submission of The First Noel. While Gabby’s version wasn’t bad by any means, I prefer Clay’s voice more hence his version being higher. In addition, I liked how gradual the build up to the climax was, whereas Gabby's seemed to have a couple of huge spikes in it. It was as if the singing was steadily climbing before the big finish at the end, which happened to be the only glory note of the song. While Clay is known for his glory notes, I liked that he didn’t add that many here. Overall, this is one of the better renditions of the song I’ve heard.

14. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge)

Underneath The Mistletoe is a fun song, and I have to say Kelly and Brett sound well together. It’s one of those songs I can’t help but nod my head in rhythm to. :bobo: The chorus is catchy and easy to hum along to. However, I do have one slight criticism: I would’ve liked to hear Brett sing a whole verse. I thought that was going to be the case when he started the second verse, but Kelly sang with him and to be honest I felt she overpowered him. Outside of that nitpick, this is a solid and catchy song that can definitely elevate the atmosphere in a positive way. :yes:

13. Clay Aiken - Don't Save It All For Christmas Day

At #13 is the penultimate Clay Christmas submission. I’ve listened to both Clay’s and Celine Dion’s renditions, and I have to say while Celine’s version is fine, I prefer Clay’s. It’s just that I like his voice better on the song. I like the song’s message in that love should always be spread and not just on holidays like Christmas. In my write-up of The First Noel, I stated I liked that Clay didn’t add too many glory notes to it. Here, he did a glory note, and it was absolutely perfect. I couldn’t think of a better way for the song to reach its climax. Speaking of which, I’ll end this write-up on that note. :giggle:

12. David Archuleta - Christmas Everyday

Here we have another Archie submission. This is a fun song that can certainly bring some holiday cheer. After all, who doesn’t want to celebrate Christmas everyday (though it would probably be kind of expensive to do so)? :giggle: While the studio version is good, I have to say I’m more partial to the version in which there’s only a guitar. I don’t if this is controversial or not, but I’ve always thought Archie was at his best with minimal arrangements because they allow his voice to really shine through; this is no exception. Regardless, the song is one that is fun to hum along with.

11. Carrie Underwood - Favorite Time of Year

Taking up the last spot before the Top 10 is the second of four Carrie submissions. The main thing I like about the song is the melodies in both the verses and chorus. The song can easily hook a listener from Carrie’s first lines. She does a great job in setting the atmosphere and informing listeners what to expect in this ditty. Moreover, maybe it’s just me, but it sounds as if Carrie had a blast singing and recording this song. I think the joy in this song is infectious and it’s hard not to smile while listening to it. In the end, Favorite Time of Year is a fun song that nearly made it into my Top 10. :bobo:

15. Clay Aiken - The First Noel

14. Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Mistletoe (featuring Brett Eldredge)

13. Clay Aiken - Don't Save It All For Christmas Day

12. David Archuleta - Christmas Every Day

11. Carrie Underwood - Favorite Time of Year

Remaining Songs:

My goal is to post the remaining songs in the next couple of days. I plan to finish this before New Year's; we'll see how it goes.

Edited by Crisis

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

With Winter In The Air appearing, we’re about halfway done with the Archie submissions. :giggle: This is a nice and serene tune, and Archie sounds really nice here. I like that it’s solely just him and a piano because it creates the serene ambience a song like this needs. It’s one of those songs you listen to while sitting in front of a fireplace and sipping on a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows in it (OK, maybe it's just me :haha:). If I had to pick my favorite part(s), it would definitely be the chorus due to its melody. I've always thought Archie’s biggest strength is ballads, and this tune is no different.

Shocked Oh No GIF

• Haha 1