8 hours ago, blackfield said:

37. Julia Gargano - Beauty and the Beast

36. Alejandro Aranda - Remember Me

35. Wade Cota - You've Got A Friend In Me

T-33. DeShawn Goncalves - When You Wish Upon A Star

T-33. Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance

32. Cade Foehner - Kiss The Girl

31. Ada Vox - Circle Of Life

no arguments from me regarding the rankings. I actually agree those were among the worst even if i will switch several up and down like replacing cade and ada, just because I liked cade's growling and guitar works. :ph34rwave:

still disney is my least favorite theme. too sticky. so I will be judgmental of the performances as there are very few I liked. (coughhollycavanaghcough)

Nice to see there are no arguments. I have Cade and Ada swapped in my personal ranking.

Disney can be cheesy. There are still some songs I would love to hear that hasn't been performed yet. Maybe next season.

30. Arthur Gunn - Remember Me

Overall Ranking: 29.00

Personal Rank: 28

Leading off the next set is the comeback kid himself. This was a polarizing performance because it was thought Arthur did not, or cared not to, understand the true meaning of the song and did his own thing (it appeared he practically blew off John Stamos' advice). With that said, I didn’t think the performance was too bad despite him forgoing the song’s meaning. His vocals didn’t bother me as much as they normally do although the heavy vibrato was still present. Nonetheless, I still ranked it low because I liked the other performances ahead of it more.

29. Alyssa Wray - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Overall Ranking: 26.50

Personal Rank: 18

First, Alyssa’s dress was absolutely gorgeous. The performance itself wasn’t too bad if I say so myself. The first half when she was in her lower register was lovely, and the humming (or whatever it was, the name eludes me) was nicely done. However, the second half wasn’t very steady. Alyssa’s biggest shortcoming was her lack of control when she went into her upper register, and here it was no different although not as bad as her previous performances. If anything, it sounded like she was improving in that department. All in all, it was a decent performance and a solid note for Alyssa to leave on.

28. Louis Knight - Can You Feel The Love Tonight

Overall Ranking: 24.00

Personal Rank: 36

Unfortunately, I don't think this was not a good showing for Louis. He looked and sounded as if he was unsure of himself; it was as if he was going through the motions and not bringing out the emotion the song needed to have an impact. In addition, it appeared there was a section in which he forgot the words. When it comes down to it, I think Louis simply picked a song that was too big for him, and he knew it based on his body language and facial expressions. I thought his performance was just as bad as Julia’s if not worse in some cases and one of the weakest Disney performances.

27. Arthur Gunn - Kiss The Girl

Overall Ranking: 23.50

Personal Rank: 27

Here we have Arthur’s S18 Disney showing. One of the things I noticed was he didn’t try to arrange it in his usual style. It was pretty much a straightforward arrangement. Second, the vocals weren't too bad, and this is one of the few occasions his vibrato didn’t bother me. I do think this is the better Disney performance between this and Remember Me, mainly because I thought he connected to Kiss The Girl more. With that said, it still isn’t among the best Disney performances and thus, I ranked it in the lower half just above Remember Me.

26. Walker Burroughs - When She Loved Me

Overall Ranking: 22.50

Personal Rank: 21

Ending the set is the first of two renditions of When She Loved Me. Walker was someone who was just there for me during S17. With that said, I do think this was one of his better performances. I think WSLM is one of the most emotional Disney songs there is, and I think Walker captured that emotion well. In addition, the singing wasn’t too bad; I liked how he kept it nice and subtle throughout most of the performance. Now having said all of this, I still ranked it in the low 20s because again I thought other Disney performances were better.

2 hours ago, Crisis said:

Disney can be cheesy. There are still some songs I would love to hear that hasn't been performed yet. Maybe next season.

some songs are meant to stay in the context of the movie and shouldn't be done outside. disney songs are those. let it GOOOOOOOOO... let it gooooooo...

once again. totally agree. or this is how much I care for these songs.. :dead:

still gabby and dillon better make the top 10 in your ranking!!.. 

On 7/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, Crisis said:

Ugh, this is disappointing. 💔

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/country-comfort-season-2-canceled-at-netflix/

It's fine. I deliberately haven't been on IDF the past week or so just to get away.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you. Enough about that, I probably will get back it to it soon. One of the things I try to do is post Kat-related questions for anyone to answer, even if I'm the only one to answer them. :lmao: I'll probably peek in those threads and like some posts or offer some encouragement. :yes: It would be an honor if you did. I understand about hanging out in the sub-forums. For some seasons I just lurked in those threads and not the general one. Heh. ❤️

At least I finally posted the first set! :haha:

37. We did agree with this performance ranking-wise. :haha: I was fortunate to create links so I didn't have to scour the thread for my write-up. :dead: Pretty much agree with your comments on the performance. As often, I try to be objective about the performances no matter how I feel about the contestants. :yes:

T-33. (Cassandra). How could you?! 😛 J/K and besides, you'd probably think the same for me with some of the other performances. :haha: I wanted her to do well, but this just wasn't as good as I wanted it to be.

Finally, because I haven't been online this past week, a belated Happy Birthday to the beautiful, fun, and talented Nicole Scherzinger (June 29)! ❤️ 😊

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear. :(  Ugh, I feel like so many shows never get a real chance. :broken: 

Aww okay. I hope nothing happened to make you want to be away. :( :hug: 

:hug: Oh, that's a fun idea! Maybe I can answer some of them. :shiftywave:  Aww that's sweet of you to offer. ❤️ Yeah, I totally get that and miss those days.

You did and it looks like a second one too! :bobo: 

- Ohh, that's certainly helpful. :haha:  I could probably find my comments easily enough through that then. Oh yes, I know you do and always notice that. :yes: 

- I didn't know. 😢 :haha:  But also, I just ranked how I felt and yeah, I'm sure we'll have others that go the opposite way. :haha: Aww. :( 

Yay, happy belated birthday to Nicole! :party:❤️ 

30. Arthur Gunn - Remember Me: Yeah, I get the complaints about his lyrical interpretation of the song. I don't mind his voice on this so much either and kind of like the vibe of it, at least more than other versions I've heard. :haha: 

29. Alyssa Wray - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: Oops, we were really off with this one. :ph34rwave: I'm not sure, but I didn't really care for it on rewatch. I'm listening again now and agree it wasn't bad. I don't really know what else to say for myself.  :dead: 

28. Louis Knight - Can You Feel The Love Tonight: And here comes the inevitable switch of our opinions and rankings. :haha: "I don't think this was not a good showing for Louis" So you think it was a good showing then. 😮  But lol oh, I see with your criticism. :(  I didn't really feel any of that and liked this. It's also one of my favorite songs, so that helps. Oh yikes at the final comment.

27. Arthur Gunn - Kiss The Girl: I'm going to have to check and see how I ranked his performances here because I have no memory of it already. :haha:  But I pretty much agree with your thoughts. I wasn't a fan of his but am weirdly finding myself liking these Disney ones from him now. :lmao: 

26. Walker Burroughs - When She Loved Me: I liked Walker a lot and liked this performance from him as well. ❤️ I thought it was well emoted and performed, although it's not a song that typically does much for me. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:25 PM, blackfield said:

once again. totally agree. or this is how much I care for these songs.. :dead:

still gabby and dillon better make the top 10 in your ranking!!.. 

Who knows. Both of them could show up in the next set...

11 hours ago, miss denise said:

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear. :(  Ugh, I feel like so many shows never get a real chance. :broken: 

Aww okay. I hope nothing happened to make you want to be away. :( :hug: 

Hide contents

:hug: Oh, that's a fun idea! Maybe I can answer some of them. :shiftywave:  Aww that's sweet of you to offer. ❤️ Yeah, I totally get that and miss those days.

You did and it looks like a second one too! :bobo: 

- Ohh, that's certainly helpful. :haha:  I could probably find my comments easily enough through that then.

- I didn't know. 😢 :haha:  But also, I just ranked how I felt and yeah, I'm sure we'll have others that go the opposite way. :haha: Aww. :( 

Yay, happy belated birthday to Nicole! :party:❤️ 

30. Arthur Gunn - Remember Me: Yeah, I get the complaints about his lyrical interpretation of the song. I don't mind his voice on this so much either and kind of like the vibe of it, at least more than other versions I've heard. :haha: 

29. Alyssa Wray - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: Oops, we were really off with this one. :ph34rwave: I'm not sure, but I didn't really care for it on rewatch. I'm listening again now and agree it wasn't bad. I don't really know what else to say for myself.  :dead: 

28. Louis Knight - Can You Feel The Love Tonight: And here comes the inevitable switch of our opinions and rankings. :haha: "I don't think this was not a good showing for Louis" So you think it was a good showing then. 😮  But lol oh, I see with your criticism. :(  I didn't really feel any of that and liked this. It's also one of my favorite songs, so that helps. Oh yikes at the final comment.

27. Arthur Gunn - Kiss The Girl: I'm going to have to check and see how I ranked his performances here because I have no memory of it already. :haha:  But I pretty much agree with your thoughts. I wasn't a fan of his but am weirdly finding myself liking these Disney ones from him now. :lmao: 

26. Walker Burroughs - When She Loved Me: I liked Walker a lot and liked this performance from him as well. ❤️ I thought it was well emoted and performed, although it's not a song that typically does much for me. 

Yeah, it's too bad. Some people are really upset over it from what I've seen. I checked Instagram and she hasn't said anything about it thus far. Without giving anything away, the biggest disappointment is that it leaves so many storylines unresolved.

It wasn't anything serious. I just felt the need to take a break.

I wouldn't mind if you did. I'll also encourage anyone to post any questions or ideas of their own. 🤗. Yeah, me too. It's nice to have sections were things can be discussed freely without any negativity, although I guess that's what fan threads are for. :yes:

Yeah, I managed to do two sets rather quickly. :haha:

- It certainly is. :haha:

- It was the same for me regarding the performances. It looks like there was one in the previous set. :haha:

❤️ :wub:

30. Pretty much the same for me.

29. It appears we were. :haha: Fair enough about everything else.

28. This is the first (and most certainly not the last *spoiler*). I meant to say "I don't think this was a good showing for Louis", darn double negatives. 😛 :dead: Good you see my points about it despite not agreeing with it.

27. I see your points about this and his other Disney performance.

26. Can't say I disagree with anything written here.

Edited by Crisis

25. Dimitrius Graham - You'll Be In My Heart

Overall Ranking: 22.00

Personal Rank: 15

At #25 is the first of the three renditions of You’ll Be In My Heart. Dimitrius was one of the more intriguing S17 contestants to me. He had incredible range, but he was unable to put everything together, that is until this performance. Dimitrius was the first to sing this Tarzan tune. He sang it with conviction, and he was more consistent going through his registers. With that said, I knew it would be his last performance because he was a wildcard and ABC wildcards last two weeks at most. All in all, this was a great showing for Dimitrius and easily his best performance of the season.

T-23. Uché - I 2 I

Overall Ranking: 21.00

Personal Rank: 29

Up next is the other S17 wildcard who was eliminated this week. Uché was one of the most entertaining Idol contestants; he was definitely more of a performer than singer. However, he picked the wrong time to have an off night. I 2 I was an interesting choice and I was happy to see someone pick a song from A Goofy Movie. Unfortunately, Uché did a poor job with it. Normally he was able to stay on pitch while moving around; however, this was not the case here. I heard a few pitch problems and it looked like he was more focused on performing than singing. He probably would’ve done better with Stand Out or another song. As it is, it’s not one of my favorite Disney performances, thus my low ranking.

T-23. Madison VanDenburg - How Far I'll Go

Overall Ranking: 21.00

Personal Rank: 16

Now appearing is the first of the two How Far I’ll Go renditions. I think Madison did a good job with the song all things considered. It wasn’t perfect - she had a few pitch problems especially in the chorus - but she sang it well and it was one of the few times that season she appeared to connect to the song. The key change transition was well done, and she ended the song strongly with the big note. I do think this was one of the better Disney performances of the night, but it isn’t one I would consider a huge favorite when it’s all said and done.

T-21. Alyssa Raghu - Colors Of The Wind

Overall Ranking: 20.50

Personal Rank: 13

Well, here is the first of the two versions of Colors Of The Wind to appear in this ranking. I thought Alyssa did a great job with the song. Alyssa has one of the most interesting tones, and I thought this song brought out the best of it for the most part. Outside of the beginning of the last chorus where I thought she missed some notes, she sang the song well. If I had to pick my favorite parts, it would be the first verse and where she used her head voice before going into the last chorus. With this said, my opinion on this performance is similar to Madison’s in that it’s not one of my main favorites despite liking it.

T-21. Just Sam - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Overall Ranking: 20.50

Personal Rank: 20

Here we have the second version of ADIAWYHM and the first to be performed on the show. Sam sang this song well from a technical standpoint, but I can’t help but feel there was something missing. I thought one of Sam’s biggest strengths was connecting to a song; however, she didn’t appear to be connected to this song that much although it didn’t look like it was from a lack of effort. I’m guessing she deliberately held back some because the environment wouldn’t allow her to really dig deep into the song. Overall, this was a good performance that had the potential to be great and therefore, it’s one I have somewhere in the middle of the pack.

T-23. Uché - I 2 I

What do you know, there are two ties in this set. :haha:

On 7/8/2021 at 7:36 AM, Crisis said:

Yeah, it's too bad. Some people are really upset over it from what I've seen. I checked Instagram and she hasn't said anything about it thus far. Without giving anything away, the biggest disappointment is that it leaves so many storylines unresolved.

It wasn't anything serious. I just felt the need to take a break.

Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn't mind if you did. I'll also encourage anyone to post any questions or ideas of their own. 🤗. Yeah, me too. It's nice to have sections were things can be discussed freely without any negativity, although I guess that's what fan threads are for. :yes:

28. This is the first (and most certainly not the last *spoiler*). I meant to say "I don't think this was a good showing for Louis", darn double negatives. 😛 :dead: Good you see my points about it despite not agreeing with it.

I'm sure. :( Ugh no, I hate when that happens with unresolved storylines. :broken:  I wish every show could at least get its proper ending if it has to end. :( 

Okay. :hug: 

Aw yay, that's nice. ❤️ And I may have made an appearance. :shiftywave: True about fan threads, but fan sub-forums are even more fun. :giggle:

I'm not surprised. :haha: I knew you meant that but I like how it turned out. :giggle: 

25. Dimitrius Graham - You'll Be In My Heart: Oops, it looks like I dragged this one down. I can't remember now but I must not have cared for it. :lmao:  I love the song, but I think I actually didn't love his version of it. :( 

T-23. Uché - I 2 I: I guess we can keep disagreeing because I really liked this one. :haha: It was such a fun song choice and I really enjoyed how he did with it. I would have liked him to last longer, even though it wasn't a surprise. :( 

T-23. Madison VanDenburg - How Far I'll Go: I love Moana. ❤️ I do not love this song always being sung, but I think she did a fine job with it. I feel like it was about the same to me as a lot of her other performances.

T-21. Alyssa Raghu - Colors Of The Wind: Another song I love but then again this is Disney, so I guess I don't need to mention that. :haha: I think this was pretty good, but not my favorite. I didn't end up enjoying Alyssa as much as I wanted to. :( 

T-21. Just Sam - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: Looks like your/our ranking (s) on this one were almost spot on. This is not a song I care for hearing renditions of so much, but I think she did fine. I'm sounding like a broken record, but these last three performances were all kind of just there for me. :lmao::( 

Wow, all those ties. :haha: 

19 hours ago, miss denise said:

I'm sure. :( Ugh no, I hate when that happens with unresolved storylines. :broken:  I wish every show could at least get its proper ending if it has to end. :( 

Hide contents

Aw yay, that's nice. ❤️ And I may have made an appearance. :shiftywave: True about fan threads, but fan sub-forums are even more fun. :giggle:

I'm not surprised. :haha: I knew you meant that but I like how it turned out. :giggle: 

25. Dimitrius Graham - You'll Be In My Heart: Oops, it looks like I dragged this one down. I can't remember now but I must not have cared for it. :lmao:  I love the song, but I think I actually didn't love his version of it. :( 

T-23. Uché - I 2 I: I guess we can keep disagreeing because I really liked this one. :haha: It was such a fun song choice and I really enjoyed how he did with it. I would have liked him to last longer, even though it wasn't a surprise. :( 

T-23. Madison VanDenburg - How Far I'll Go: I love Moana. ❤️ I do not love this song always being sung, but I think she did a fine job with it. I feel like it was about the same to me as a lot of her other performances.

T-21. Alyssa Raghu - Colors Of The Wind: Another song I love but then again this is Disney, so I guess I don't need to mention that. :haha: I think this was pretty good, but not my favorite. I didn't end up enjoying Alyssa as much as I wanted to. :( 

T-21. Just Sam - A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: Looks like your/our ranking (s) on this one were almost spot on. This is not a song I care for hearing renditions of so much, but I think she did fine. I'm sounding like a broken record, but these last three performances were all kind of just there for me. :lmao::( 

Wow, all those ties. :haha: 

Ugh, me too. There are very few things more frustrating than getting into a series only for it be cancelled without a proper conclusion, especially with interesting story lines. 😒

I saw that you did. ❤️ Absolutely agree about sub-forums being more fun. :yes:

I'm sure you do. :giggle:

25. I guess we can agree to disagree here.

T-23 (Uche). Another one we disagree on. I enjoyed Uche but not this performance. Still, I wouldn't have minded if he lasted longer.

T-23 (Madison). Fair enough about this one.

T-21 (Alyssa). I guess it's another one we disagree on. I enjoyed this one from her.

T-21 (Just Sam). It does appear we ranked this around the same area. Too bad the last three performances were just there for you. :(

Now the question is will there be any more? 🤔

Edited by Crisis

T-23. Uché - I 2 I

I think your numbers got mixed up.. skipped #24 and #22 and did #21 and #23 twice. do you have anything against even numbers!? 

14 minutes ago, blackfield said:

T-23. Uché - I 2 I

I think your numbers got mixed up.. skipped #24 and #22 and did #21 and #23 twice. do you have anything against even numbers!? 

I think it means that they are tied. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, Crisis said:

Ugh, me too. There are very few things more frustrating than getting into a series only for it be cancelled without a proper conclusion, especially with interesting story lines. 😒

Hide contents

I saw that you did. ❤️ Absolutely agree about sub-forums being more fun. :yes:

I'm sure you do. :giggle:

25. I guess we can agree to disagree here.

T-23 (Uche). Another one we disagree on. I enjoyed Uche but not this performance. Still, I wouldn't have minded if he lasted longer.

T-23 (Madison). Fair enough about this one.

T-21 (Alyssa). I guess it's another one we disagree on. I enjoyed this one from her.

T-21 (Just Sam). It does appear we ranked this around the same area. Too bad the last three performances were just there for you. :(

Now the question is will there be any more? 🤔

Ugh, I know it. :( I'm so sorry. I've been disappointed in that way as well. :broken: 

❤️

:haha:

All the disagreements. :lmao: Not much else to add. I'm sure I'll have more to say on upcoming performances. 😛 

I will guess there will be. :shiftywave: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, miss denise said:

Ugh, I know it. :( I'm so sorry. I've been disappointed in that way as well. :broken: 

All the disagreements. :lmao: Not much else to add. I'm sure I'll have more to say on upcoming performances. 😛 

I will guess there will be. :shiftywave: 

💔

We'll see. I'll try to have the next set up some time this weekend.

maybe-gif-21.gif&f=1&nofb=1

10 hours ago, Crisis said:

💔

We'll see. I'll try to have the next set up some time this weekend.

maybe-gif-21.gif&f=1&nofb=1

:( :hug: 

Okay! And haha just noticed all the disagreements in here vs. all the agreements on your last TMS set. :haha: 

My prediction is yes. 😮 

18 hours ago, miss denise said:

Okay! And haha just noticed all the disagreements in here vs. all the agreements on your last TMS set. :haha: 

My prediction is yes. 😮 

We did have opposite opinions here as opposed to the most recent TMS set. :lmao:

I'm about to post the next set, so we shall see...:shiftywave:.

20. Chayce Beckham - Baby Mine

Overall Ranking: 20.00

Personal Rank: 25

Starting off the Top 20 is the Disney performance from the S19 winner. Baby Mine is thought to be one of Disney’s most emotional songs; however, while I liked that Chayce made it more of a country/folk type of tune, I felt that it lacked the emotional impact the song normally has. The song is about a mother telling her child he is fine just the way he is no matter what other people say or think. I felt Chayce did a poor job conveying that message. To me, the best part was the steel guitar. Overall, I think Baby Mine was an OK performance that could’ve been a lot better than it was.

19. Dillon James - Our Town

Overall Ranking: 19.00

Personal Rank: 16

Our Town is not a song I’m all that familiar with since I’ve only seen Cars once and don’t remember all of the songs. Nonetheless, I think Dillon did a pleasant job with the song. He sang it well and appeared to understand the song’s message. In addition, he has an interesting tone that suits him well for the genre(s) he’s aiming for. With that said, it was a performance that was just there for me which was the case for Dillon during the season until near the end. Outside of this, I don’t really have anything else to say about this performance.

18. Caleb Kennedy - Real Gone

Overall Ranking: 18.50

Personal Rank: 19

Caleb’s situation is well-known; however, this ranking is about the Disney performances and excluding everything else. Besides, I said what I wanted to say about it in my S19 thread. As for his performance, it was solid and heavy but nothing extraordinary, which was par for the course for Caleb that season. I think more than anyone he picked a song that fit him the best, although it was predictable he would pick something from Cars due to the soundtrack being more country than most Disney movies. All in all, this was a middle of the pack performance for me.

17. Laci Kaye Booth - I See The Light

Overall Ranking: 18.00

Personal Rank: 14

Laci was my S17 favorite; however, I See The Light wasn’t one of my favorite performances of hers when I watched S17 live. I guess I felt this wasn’t a song that fit her voice the best. With that said, this is a performance that grew on me while re-watching the performances to see where I would rank them. She somehow made this song fit her smoky voice and I thought she did a nice job emoting it. Granted, it wasn’t perfect because she missed a few notes but nothing too major. I liked how she ended it with the you run. While this still isn’t one of my favorite Laci performances, it is one that I place in the upper half of the Disney performances without any qualms.

T-15. Gabby Barrett - Colors Of The Wind

Overall Ranking: 17.00

Personal Rank: 31

Normally, this is where I would end the set; however, there is a tie for 15th. First is the second of the Colors Of The Wind performances from the Disney Night theme. It’s easy to see which one I prefer based on my rankings. Anyway, it’s no secret I am no Gabby fan, but I have given her credit in some instances. This will not be one of them (forgive me Denise and BK :stealth:). I simply did not like her voice on the song, especially in the choruses. It was thought Gabby emphasized a country twang in her performances and to be honest, I thought that was the case in the choruses. In addition, there were some cases where she was too close to the mic which made her sound muffled, plus it looked like she was making out with it. :ph34rwave: In the end, this was one of her weakest performances, IMO.

T-15. Catie Turner - Once Upon A Dream

Overall Ranking: 17.00

Personal Rank: 1

The other performance to tie for 15th is Catie’s Once Upon A Dream. I wasn’t much of a Catie fan during S16 because while she had potential, she was emotionally immature and her performances suffered as a result. However, that was certainly not the case here with her Disney showing. I think more than anyone Catie embraced the Disney theme for what it was with her look and performance. It was her best pure vocal of the season, and she really captured the mood of the song. If I had to pick my favorite parts, they would be the two hummings before singing more of the verses. Despite not being a fan of hers I liked this performance so much it became my favorite among the Disney Night performances. With that said, it still finished somewhere in the middle here.

this is the only time i will disagree with you on the ranking.. or did you just decided to put all the country singers you didn't like together!? both dillon and gabby deserve to be much higher than that and i wouldn't tie gabby with catie. despite being close by age catie was very immature and unprepared. and i could never understand all the hype about her. gabby just run circles around her vocally and musically (gabby and maddie should have been top 2). 

dillon was one of my favorite on the cursed season (aka corona idol or the season that never was). fact is he is the only one who signed a major record deal with UMG nashville and is currently still working on his big label debut (unlike his independent excellent and first album). from all the songs he did (there weren't many as the season was shortened due to pandemic) this was actually my least fav. or to say I just prefered other performances better. there was something with the arrangement or editting that was off for me as you could barely hear the guitar over the invisible piano.. still I love his voice and the folky/bluesy sound he gave to his performances. 

no comment for the others but it was funny that chayce told that he chose the song because he looked like dumbo as a kid.. 

9 hours ago, blackfield said:

this is the only time i will disagree with you on the ranking.. or did you just decided to put all the country singers you didn't like together!? both dillon and gabby deserve to be much higher than that and i wouldn't tie gabby with catie. despite being close by age catie was very immature and unprepared. and i could never understand all the hype about her. gabby just run circles around her vocally and musically (gabby and maddie should have been top 2). 

dillon was one of my favorite on the cursed season (aka corona idol or the season that never was). fact is he is the only one who signed a major record deal with UMG nashville and is currently still working on his big label debut (unlike his independent excellent and first album). from all the songs he did (there weren't many as the season was shortened due to pandemic) this was actually my least fav. or to say I just prefered other performances better. there was something with the arrangement or editting that was off for me as you could barely hear the guitar over the invisible piano.. still I love his voice and the folky/bluesy sound he gave to his performances. 

no comment for the others but it was funny that chayce told that he chose the song because he looked like dumbo as a kid.. 

This has nothing to do with me disliking the country singers. Personally, I'm ranking the performances based on that and not how I feel about the contestants. Julia is one of my favorite S18 contestants, yet I ranked her Disney performance last. Also, the placements are the results of mine and other posters who submitted rankings for this topic, and it just so happens the contestants fell into place in this update.

I forgot about the Dumbo story from Chayce, so I guess it makes sense for him to pick a song from it.

T-13. Jurnee - How Far I'll Go

Overall Ranking: 15.50

Personal Rank: 8

Leading the last set before the Top 10 is Jurnee’s Disney effort. I felt Jurnee did a solid job with How Far I’ll Go. She has one of the most beautiful voices of any Idol contestant, and I think she picked the right song to really highlight it. In addition, it looked like she enjoyed herself during the performance with her smiles and rhythm. With that said, the one criticism I have is that I felt she could’ve put a little more energy into the performance and not think too much about hitting the notes perfectly. Nonetheless, while this may not have had as many dynamics or moments like Madison’s, I think this was the better vocal of the two and one of the better Disney performances.

T-13. Hunter Metts - You'll Be In My Heart

Overall Ranking: 15.50

Personal Rank: 17

Tying with Jurnee’s HFIG is Hunter’s You’ll Be In My Heart. Hunter was someone who was just there for me during S19. It was clear he wanted to be this sensitive singer-songwriter heartthrob, and his performances reflected that; this was no different. The performance was OK; however, while he hit the notes I felt it lacked something. In addition, I’m not the biggest fan of his enunciation, as there were times I struggled to hear what he was trying to sing. Finally, he never looked comfortable on stage during his performances, and this was the case here. Despite my criticisms of this performance, I do think this was one of his best performances of the season; it’s just one I don’t feel really strong about.

T-11. Michelle Sussett - Remember Me

Overall Ranking: 15.00

Personal Rank: 11

I remember how pressed some Idol watchers were when Michelle was picked as a WC to advance to the Top 10. It was thought Mara should’ve been one of the picks. I for one had a feeling the judges would pick Michelle, so I didn’t think much of it. Fortunately, Michelle advancing meant we got this great performance of Remember Me. Michelle opted to sing mostly the Spanish parts of the song which was smart because she sounded better singing in Spanish. In addition, the performance was a lively one after the softer English beginning. Lastly, Michelle has always looked comfortable on stage despite her vocals lacking. However, both the voice and stage presence were simultaneously there. I knew it would be her last performance because she didn’t appear to be popular with voters, but at least she went out on a positive note. She definitely gave a reason to remember her!

T-11. Francisco Martin - You'll Be In My Heart

Overall Ranking: 15.00

Personal Rank: 23

The last performance missing out on the Top 10 and tying for 11th is the final version of You’ll Be In My Heart to appear in this ranking courtesy of Francisco Martin. Francisco was someone who, while I thought had a pleasant voice, was someone who I was and still am ambivalent towards (I got some crap for where I ranked him in my other thread, but it is what it is). He was consistent but didn’t give any performances that really stood out; his Disney performance was no different. I think of the three versions Francisco’s was the most static, as in it didn’t have the emotional impact the others did. Also, I didn’t care for the way he sang the song due to how he pronounced some of the words. Based on my ranking, this is my least favorite version of YBIMH; however, it managed to finish high in spite of this.

A set with two more ties! Here are the remaining ten performances:

S16:

Maddie Poppe - The Bare Necessities

Michael J. Woodard - Beauty And The Beast

Caleb Lee Hutchinson - You've Got A Friend In Me

Dennis Lorenzo - Can You Feel The Love Tonight

S17:

Laine Hardy - Oo-De-Lally

Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - Candle In The Water

S18:

Jonny West - Almost There

S19:

Willie Spence - Circle Of Life

Casey Bishop - When She Loved Me

Grace Kinstler - Into The Unknown

On 7/17/2021 at 12:33 PM, Crisis said:

I'm about to post the next set, so we shall see...:shiftywave:.

I was definitely right about the ties. :haha: 

20. Chayce Beckham - Baby Mine: I really liked this song choice and what he did with it, but I get what you mean about the emotion. 

19. Dillon James - Our Town: I'm not familiar with most of the Cars songs either, but this seemed to suit Dillion well. I think it was one of his performances I liked best, although I already kind of forgot it.  :blushingwave: 

18. Caleb Kennedy - Real Gone: I really liked this song on him and this was a performance of his that stood out to me. I guess I liked the energy of it.

17. Laci Kaye Booth - I See The Light: I love this song although I get it not really suiting her vocal stylings the best. I think this was okay for me.

T-15. Gabby Barrett - Colors Of The Wind: Ahh I knew we would disagree on this one. This was actually one of my favorites from Gabby. Sad you couldn't enjoy it. :( 

T-15. Catie Turner - Once Upon A Dream: Wow, I'm shocked and never expected this to to be your #1. 😮 We were really opposite with these tied performances. :dead: I wasn't much of a Catie fan and the same was true for me with this performance. I like how she embraced the theme and all, but I guess I just didn't love this as much as you.

T-13. Jurnee - How Far I'll Go: I'm sure I said last time how I love this song but not so much it being covered on these shows. I did like Jurnee's version of it more on rewatch and agree regarding her enjoying herself. I liked this overall.

T-13. Hunter Metts - You'll Be In My Heart: I liked him more than you and also enjoyed his interpretation of this song. I don't know where it ranks for me among all his performances, but I thought this was nice and sweet. 

T-11. Michelle Sussett - Remember Me: Oh wow, you reminded me of Mara and how I wanted her in the Top 10. 😢 lol. But this was good from Michelle and grows on me with each rewatch. The song isn't my favorite but she was very natural with it and it was a good showing. Oh and you ranked it right at #11. 😮 

T-11. Francisco Martin - You'll Be In My Heart:  lol two of the same song in this set. Aww your comments on Francisco. 😢  I loved him and his version of this song. I see what you're saying, although I don't feel the same. "this is my least favorite version of YBIMH; however, it managed to finish high in spite of this." I did that. :wub: :dead: 

Oooh the Top 10 performances. 😮  A couple I wouldn't necessarily place in there, but this looks like a really strong group. :omg: 

On 7/20/2021 at 7:01 PM, miss denise said:

I was definitely right about the ties. :haha: 

20. Chayce Beckham - Baby Mine: I really liked this song choice and what he did with it, but I get what you mean about the emotion. 

19. Dillon James - Our Town: I'm not familiar with most of the Cars songs either, but this seemed to suit Dillion well. I think it was one of his performances I liked best, although I already kind of forgot it.  :blushingwave: 

18. Caleb Kennedy - Real Gone: I really liked this song on him and this was a performance of his that stood out to me. I guess I liked the energy of it.

17. Laci Kaye Booth - I See The Light: I love this song although I get it not really suiting her vocal stylings the best. I think this was okay for me.

T-15. Gabby Barrett - Colors Of The Wind: Ahh I knew we would disagree on this one. This was actually one of my favorites from Gabby. Sad you couldn't enjoy it. :( 

T-15. Catie Turner - Once Upon A Dream: Wow, I'm shocked and never expected this to to be your #1. 😮 We were really opposite with these tied performances. :dead: I wasn't much of a Catie fan and the same was true for me with this performance. I like how she embraced the theme and all, but I guess I just didn't love this as much as you.

T-13. Jurnee - How Far I'll Go: I'm sure I said last time how I love this song but not so much it being covered on these shows. I did like Jurnee's version of it more on rewatch and agree regarding her enjoying herself. I liked this overall.

T-13. Hunter Metts - You'll Be In My Heart: I liked him more than you and also enjoyed his interpretation of this song. I don't know where it ranks for me among all his performances, but I thought this was nice and sweet. 

T-11. Michelle Sussett - Remember Me: Oh wow, you reminded me of Mara and how I wanted her in the Top 10. 😢 lol. But this was good from Michelle and grows on me with each rewatch. The song isn't my favorite but she was very natural with it and it was a good showing. Oh and you ranked it right at #11. 😮 

T-11. Francisco Martin - You'll Be In My Heart:  lol two of the same song in this set. Aww your comments on Francisco. 😢  I loved him and his version of this song. I see what you're saying, although I don't feel the same. "this is my least favorite version of YBIMH; however, it managed to finish high in spite of this." I did that. :wub: :dead: 

Oooh the Top 10 performances. 😮  A couple I wouldn't necessarily place in there, but this looks like a really strong group. :omg: 

That you were. :haha:

20. Pretty much in agreement for the most part.

19. I agree with this song seeming to suit him well. LOL at kind of forgetting it; that was me for most of S18. :lmao:

18. Fair enough

17. Also fair enough

T-15 (Gabby). Yeah, this was probably inevitable. :haha: If it's any consolation, I don't think this was her worst performance of the season.

T-15 (Catie). Yeah, this is my #1. 💔 As mentioned, I wasn't much of a Catie fan, but I'll give credit when due. Too bad about not feeling the same way about the performance.

T-13 (Jurnee). I know you said you didn't care for this song on singing shows. At least you liked this more on re-watch.

T-13 (Hunter). Fair enough

T-11 (Michelle). So you were one of those people who wanted Mara in the Top 10? I won't say I'm a Michelle fan, but I enjoyed her at times. This was my favorite performance of hers, and I'm happy to see it (and Michelle) grew on you during the re-watch.

T-11 (Francisco). Yep, two performances of the same song in the same set. :haha: Yeah, you did it unfortunately. :haha:

Where will they rank? We're about to find out soon because I'm posting the next set after this post.

10. Caleb Lee Hutchinson - You've Got A Friend In Me

Overall Ranking: 13.00

Personal Rank: 24

Leading the Top 10 is the second of two renditions of You’ve Got A Friend In Me, this one the courtesy of Caleb Lee Hutchinson. For me, this performance was a microcosm of Caleb during S16: pleasant but nothing to really get excited over. He had the most predictable song choice of the night; I knew he would pick it because it fit his voice the most. One thing I will say is that his voice is much easier on the ears than Wade’s and therefore, I preferred his version without hesitation. Nonetheless, it isn’t one of my favorite Disney performances, but it made it to the Top 10 so good for it.

09. Dennis Lorenzo - Can You Feel The Love Tonight

Overall Ranking: 10.50

Personal Rank: 4

Dennis was one of my favorite S16 contestants and I’ve always liked his style. One of his best performances of the season was Can You Feel The Love Tonight (some people think this is his best. Personally, I prefer This Woman’s Work, but I digress). The main thing I loved about this performance was the gradual progression throughout it. Dennis started off softly before getting louder until the final chorus when he really let loose. It’s a powerful song that can make someone really feel something if done well, and I think Dennis did a great job with it. It’s unfortunate he didn’t move on after this, but at least he went out on a very strong note.

08. Casey Bishop - When She Loved Me

Overall Ranking: 9.50

Personal Rank: 9

Casey was the young pop-rocker of S19. While she favored a lot of pop/rock songs during her run, she did other genres as well. Case in point: When She Loved Me. As I mentioned in Walker’s write-up, WLSM is an emotional song that can be difficult to capture the emotion of. With that said, I think Casey did fine with it. It was technically sung well, and I thought she did a decent job of connecting to the song. I went back and forth between this and another performance as far as my second favorite S19 performance went and decided on this one (spoiler: the other performance will appear later in this set).

T-05. Laine Hardy - Oo-De-Lally

Overall Ranking: 8.00

Personal Rank: 12

We have a three-way tie for fifth place! First is the Disney showing from the S17 winner. Robin Hood is one of my favorite Disney movies, so I was happy to see someone sing a song from it. I think this is one of Laine’s more underrated performances. While the song didn’t have a lot of bells and whistles nor a lot of deep lyrics, the performance itself was nice and charming. In addition, I would say this is the most comfortable Laine looked on stage, as it was something he gradually worked on during the season. I would’ve liked to rank this higher, but I also enjoyed the performances I have ahead of it; therefore, it lands a couple of spots outside of my Top 10.

T-05. Jonny West - Almost There

Personal Rank: 5

The second of three fifth place Disney performances is Jonny’s Almost There. I didn’t care for this performance during S18 because I was used to the more positive and up-tempo original version. Also, I thought this would’ve been a better song for Sam. Nonetheless, this performance really grew on me while re-watching it. While it lacked the buoyancy of the original, Jonny was able to put his own spin on it while maintaining the essence of the song. I dug the arrangement and Jonny’s vocals complimented the arrangement well. All in all, it became my favorite S18 Disney performance and the highest placing S18 performance in this ranking.

T-05. Willie Spence - Circle Of Life

Personal Rank: 10

The third of the fifth place finishers is Willie’s rendition of this classic song from The Lion King. This was another performance that grew on me upon re-watch. I believe my main criticism of this performance in my S19 thread was that the performance was stagnant until near the end. I still felt that way during my re-watch; however, one thing I didn’t notice during the first watch was that he gradually built up the performance. I don’t think he quite pulled it off, but he still did a great job with it. While it doesn’t come anywhere near Jennifer Hudson’s version, Willie’s COL was definitely the better of the two in this ranking, and this was the other performance I referred to in Casey’s WSLM write-up. With that said, this performance ranked higher despite me slightly preferring WSLM (they were a number apart).

I still have to do write-ups for the last four. I'll try to have those in tonight or some time tomorrow.

Since I had nothing better to do, I banged out the write-ups for the last four performances and shall post them now. 😊

04. Maddie Poppe - Bare Necessities

Overall Ranking: 7.50

Personal Rank: 7

Leading off the final four is the Disney showing from the S16 winner. As with Laine’s Oo-De-Lally, I thought this was a fun and charming performance from Maddie. It also helps that this is one of my favorite overall Disney songs from one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. I love the ease and playfulness Maddie has during the performance. With that said, the best part was when the band dropped some and Maddie was able to showcase some range. I have no idea how Idina Menzel was able to know that Maddie’s range was wider than she showed, but bringing it out enhanced the performance. All in all, this was one of the better S16 Disney performances.

03. Michael J. Woodard - Beauty And The Beast

Overall Ranking: 5.50

Personal Rank: 2

At #3 is the final S16 Disney performance. Michael’s Beauty And The Beast is one of the most enchanting performances. Was it perfect? No. It got off to a bit of a rough start due to some diction issues; however, he was able to iron them out as he went along, which was usually par for the course for Michael that season. The performance really took off during the key change and when he held that long note in the second to last chorus. From there he displayed a few vocal techniques including a nice falsetto in a couple of spots. Overall, I think it’s one of the best Disney performances and am happy it placed this high.

02. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - Candle On The Water

Overall Ranking: 4.00

Personal Rank: 3

Coming in at #2 is the last S17 Disney appearing in this ranking. Jeremiah was considered to be the most consistent S17 contestant. He had a number of strong performances, and Candle On The Water was indeed one of them. I am not a fan of the song itself because I find it to be on the boring side. With that said, Jeremiah sang the song really well. If there is one complaint I have about the performance, it’s that I felt he overdid it at parts, especially the ending when he went into his upper register which, as I’ve said before, is not my favorite part of his range. Despite this, COTW is one of the best Disney performances thus far and another great performance from Jeremiah.

01. Grace Kinstler - Into The Unknown

Overall Ranking: 3.50

Personal Rank: 6

Topping this ranking is the Disney performance from S19’s third place finisher. Anyone who read my S19 thread knows I was pretty critical of Grace. It’s just that she was so hyped up during the season that my expectations were high, and I felt let down after her performances in some form or another. With that said, I thought she had a great voice and felt she more than any contestant that season had the potential to have one of those Idol “moments”. I thought she came close with Into The Unknown. Idina Menzel is a vocal powerhouse and not many singers have the range she has. Nonetheless, Grace did a great job with the song. The thing that made this performance from being really special was that she missed some notes when she went big, especially towards the end. Despite that, it is one of the best Idol Disney performances and one I have no problem with it in the #1 spot.

Recap:

37. Julia Gargano - Beauty And The Beast

36. Alejandro Aranda - Remember Me

35. Wade Cota - You've Got A Friend In Me

T-33. DeShawn Goncalves - When You Wish Upon A Star

T-33. Cassandra Coleman - Go The Distance

32. Cade Foehner - Kiss The Girl

31. Ada Vox - Circle Of Life

25. Dimitrus Graham - You'll Be In My Heart

T-23. Uché - I 2 I

Well, that's a wrap with the Disney Night performances. As for what's next in this thread, I'm not sure. I have a couple of ideas; however, I have to make sure the resources are available before thinking about implementing them. As always, I'm open to suggestions.

On 7/24/2021 at 12:27 PM, Crisis said:

19. I agree with this song seeming to suit him well. LOL at kind of forgetting it; that was me for most of S18. :lmao:

T-15 (Gabby). Yeah, this was probably inevitable. :haha: If it's any consolation, I don't think this was her worst performance of the season.

T-15 (Catie). Yeah, this is my #1. 💔 As mentioned, I wasn't much of a Catie fan, but I'll give credit when due. Too bad about not feeling the same way about the performance.

T-11 (Michelle). So you were one of those people who wanted Mara in the Top 10? I won't say I'm a Michelle fan, but I enjoyed her at times. This was my favorite performance of hers, and I'm happy to see it (and Michelle) grew on you during the re-watch.

- That was me for the whole season too. :haha: 

- It was.... and lol, I'm not sure that makes it better. :dead: 

- I had no idea. 😮  I feel like I can too, but this didn't have the same affect on me.

Yeah, Mara was one of my favorites. :( 

10. Caleb Lee Hutchinson - You've Got A Friend In Me: I got it into the Top 10. :wub: I know the song choice was predictable, but I loved Caleb and this was one of my favorite performances of his. It was perfectly Caleb, so I loved it. :giggle: 

09. Dennis Lorenzo - Can You Feel The Love Tonight: I don't remember how I ranked this but I can guess based on the average here. :haha: I love this song so much, but didn't love his performance of as much as you. I do think it was good. 

08. Casey Bishop - When She Loved Me: You may remember I wasn't a big Casey fan, but this was a beautiful vocal from her. Although it's also a song that doesn't do much for me... but it was still a strong showing. I'm surprised you say it was your second favorite of the season, because your comments don't sound like that? Or you mean second Disney performance from the season? 

T-05. Laine Hardy - Oo-De-Lally: Wow, a three-way tie here. 😮 Yess, I loved this Laine performance and it's one of my favorites of his, if not my favorite. It was a different choice, which I appreciated, and agree it was nice and charming. ❤️ 

T-05. Jonny West - Almost There: I also love the original, but I really enjoyed Jonny's performance too. This is one of the few S18 performances that stood out to me and that I actually remember. :haha: 

T-05. Willie Spence - Circle Of Life: I have my feelings on this song being done, but I do think Willie did well with it. I'm glad it was able to grow on you on rewatch. 

04. Maddie Poppe - Bare Necessities: I agree with your thoughts on this. It was very fun, charming, and playful. This was easily one of my favorites from Maddie and one that endeared me to her. 

03. Michael J. Woodard - Beauty And The Beast: I see your top 2 Disney performances both came from S16. 😮  This was a memorable one and a standout from Michael. I may not have loved it as much as some people, but I also agree with your comments.

02. Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon - Candle On The Water: Aww, I actually love this song and thought this was such a sweet performance. This was one of my favorite showings from Jeremiah, although I understand your thoughts. We did seem to mostly agree on this due to its average ranking. 

01. Grace Kinstler - Into The Unknown: Ah yayy, I definitely agree with this one topping the list. :clap:  Of course I know about your critiques with Grace, but I'm glad you are still fine with this being #1. This song itself has had to grow on me, but Grace amazed me with her version of this. I was so impressed and am sure it's the standout of the season for me. 

I really enjoyed this ranking! Thanks for putting it together. ❤️ I am curious to see what other ideas you have. 😮