Underrated Alumni Who Deserve The World

KelseyW

Yeah. I said what I said... lol

I'm just going to be brief...

1. Carly Smithson's solo career... Her pre-AI album is WAY more my speed than her album with the band We Are The Fallen... 😅

51JfURijENL.jpg.2ae0991dc818edd4a0db573ac01ead44.jpg

2. Allison Iraheta's solo career :/ 

Just-Like-You-Fan-Made-Cover-allison-ira

3. Melinda Doolittle's debut! :wub:

61D7VngqapL.jpg

4. Hollie Cavanagh and the album I'm still waiting for... 😧

450?cb=20140220042808

WHAT SAY YOU IDF? 🥺

• Like 2

stopped waiting for hollie's album long time ago and doubt it will happen. 

hope allison will start a new project soon. her halo circus music is really good.

so far I am actually waiting for season 18 music to come out. all top 7 are posting about recording new music (as EPs or full albums): julia, louis, jonny, dillon, francisco and sam...

arthur released an EP recently..  they all got screwed big time by the pandemic but taking advantage of the little exposure to actually DO something! so far only dillon got signed by major label. and sam (as the winner). 

16 minutes ago, blackfield said:

stopped waiting for hollie's album long time ago and doubt it will happen. 

hope allison will start a new project soon. her halo circus music is really good.

so far I am actually waiting for season 18 music to come out. all top 7 are posting about recording new music (as EPs or full albums): julia, louis, jonny, dillon, francisco and sam...

arthur released an EP recently..  they all got screwed big time by the pandemic but taking advantage of the little exposure to actually DO something! so far only dillon got signed by major label. and sam (as the winner). 

My dreams about Hollie’s album... 💔😢 I’m really hoping for something from Makayla! I love her song Fool Like You

• Like 1

^ Agree about Brooke White! I really loved her during her season of AI and her band Jack & White made some incredible music. But of course they release everything independently, so they aren't going to receive as much attention.

Dalton Rapattoni - I feel like what he showed on Idol wasn't the best representation of his abilities and as a result, he had a lot of haters who thought he didn't deserve to make it as far as he did. He had a lot of incredible music out before Idol as a solo act and with his band Fly Away Hero, then after Idol he released a full album called Nobodys Home that's quite good.

Lee DeWyze - A lot of Idol fans hate Lee for some reason, but he was my favorite that season and the first contestant I ever voted for. Lee's actually done quite well post-Idol with getting his music synched for a lot of shows, as well as writing a song for The Walking Dead. He has made some post-Idol music I've really loved.

Lauren Alaina - A lot of fans back in the day seemed to really hate Lauren, especially because she made it to the finale over Haley. Lauren has grown a lot since her days on Idol and she's done pretty well in the country world. She is a mega talented vocalist and has such a great personality and showmanship on stage. I believe in any other era of the music industry, Lauren would have been a star. Unfortunately nowadays it's tougher to break into, but she is still doing very well and even had a gig on Dancing with the Stars and her own movie!

Heejun Han - Yep I'm putting him here. I don't keep up with him anymore but I honestly really liked him on his season of Idol. When he wasn't being goofy, he did have a gorgeous voice that I think often got overlooked because people thought he was a joke contestant. But after Idol he put out some music, I really liked his song Q&A. 

Angie Miller - Always thought she was super talented on Idol, she had an amazing voice for being an untrained vocalist. And striking looks to match. But tbh I didn't keep up with her much after Idol, I really liked the recorded version of You Set Me Free, but then she changed her stage name to Zaelyn and started putting out electronic music I think and it wasn't my thing.

Caleb Johnson - This is another one who a lot of fans seemed to dislike but he was my favorite from that season and I think was deserving of the win, though in hindsight maybe Jena or Alex should have won as they would have been more commercial. But Caleb was an outstanding rock vocalist and showman during his time on AI, unfortunately his debut album wasn't a good showcase of his artistry, but he's since released another album independently and I think had gigs with some big names.

Edited by BogoGog24

56 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

^ Agree about Brooke White! I really loved her during her season of AI and her band Jack & White made some incredible music. But of course they release everything independently, so they aren't going to receive as much attention.

Dalton Rapattoni - I feel like what he showed on Idol wasn't the best representation of his abilities and as a result, he had a lot of haters who thought he didn't deserve to make it as far as he did. He had a lot of incredible music out before Idol as a solo act and with his band Fly Away Hero, then after Idol he released a full album called Nobodys Home that's quite good.

agree about Dalton. he is an incredible songwriter for his age but it wasn't shown much during the show. 

loved brooke white during her season and after but she kind of disappeared from the radar..