The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Welcome to the Very First Season 3 Show!

The contestants in this group have all worked very hard to prepare performances for your votes. Your votes will decide the top four vote-getters, who will be automatically safe. The remaining contestants have a chance to be saved by the judges' wildcard, which will happen after every group has performed. 

Here to judge and mentor the contestants are the lovely judges: @JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop and @Bk1234!

All Season 3 Voting Will Open at 9pm EST

Contestant numbers will be shown after they perform! (More voting details in the main post.)

I hope you enjoy the show! 🙂

Kicking off the Season 3 group is a guy from Idaho who sometimes goes by JPL... 

Jon Peter Lewis

Song: Tiny Dancer (Elton John)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Jon, send me a PM with the number 301. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: JPL! You are adorable and so fun to watch. Quite the entertainer and such charisma. And you definitely have a beautiful voice so I am hoping you stick around for awhile!

A-Kid: You've got such strong and manly voice that really brought an interesting twist to this classic. I really love that edge in your voice, it is so interesting. In this performance though, I felt like you have some uncertain moments throughout the performance, especially when you are shifting up there, I can see it in your eyes. I also think that you did not hit the chorus part quite cleanly. But it was an amazing job overall.

thevoiceisthetop: Your falsetto is very weak but your chest voice is real nice to hear.

Bk1234: This was a nice way to start the show! I can tell you had a little trouble hitting those high notes, but overall, the performance was solid. I think you have a fair chance at being one of the top four vote-getters. 

Next up is a bubbly contestant from the peach state... 

Diana DeGarmo

Song: Think (Aretha Franklin)

Voting Details: If you think Diana deserves to move on to the next round, send me a PM with the number 302. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation! 

• Like 1

Judges’ Comments

JC: This was a decent job, but did not blow me away or anything. It was pitchy in parts and indulgent in other parts, so it was just okay for me.

A-Kid: I really loved that performance! It was a really fun performance, but what I loved about it is even if you really had your time and had fun on the stage, you never faltered on your technical stuffs. I love your range, you hit the notes nicely. I also love that twang I heard in your voice. You've got really nice assets in your voice. This was really good performance!

thevoiceisthetop: This was super strong and I can't wait to see you in the top 4 because all your runs were effortless.

Bk1234: This was a very fun performance that showed off your personality quite well! I liked that you included high notes in areas of the song to spice it up! If you make it to the next round, I would love to see you sing a song that showcases more of your vocal range. 

Next up is the first of three divas from this group... 

LaToya London

Song: Don’t Leave Me This Way (Thelma Houston)

Voting Details: LaToya’s PM voting number is 303. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: You have a great voice and a classic diva vibe. Definitely likable and I am impressed with the vocal ability. This was a little predictable so I would be more excited to hear you with a better, fresher song choice.

A-Kid: I will be honest, it was a pitchy at some points, but girl, you totally rocked the stage tonight. I love your attitude tonight, I really love also how you had your moment in the stage while delivering those crazy high vocals. Honestly, other than the pitch issues, this is one of the best versions of this song that I've ever heard of.

thevoiceisthetop: This was a nice performance and I love how big your range is and I hope we see you in the top 4. 

Bk1234: This performance was just ok for me. You showed off some nice vocal control, despite having to move around the stage, but I felt that it was a little pitchy in some areas and that it started to become a little shouty. If you make it to next week, I would try to slow it down or just pick a song that allows us to see how amazing your vocals are! 

Performing next is a contestant from the Empire State... 

John Stevens

Song: My Girl (The Temptations)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for John, send me a PM with the number 304. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant by using this method, but please keep it to one conversation! 

Judges’ Comments

JC: Okay, so you have a sweet tone to your voice, but this was pretty boring. I am legit falling asleep.

A-Kid: You've got an interesting crooner type of voice that really worked well with the song. But, I was honestly expecting more, I've heard many versions of this song, and yours is honestly one of the most bland covers, if I'm being brutally honest. I just saw nothing different or authentic on this performance. But, it really is a good song for you though, just needed a couple more of authenticity.

thevoiceisthetop: This was very out of tune and so boring that tbh I could just sleep during it.

Bk1234: It was a little boring for me John, and I think I know why. In order to really captivate the public viewing at home, you need to look straight at the camera! Your eyes kept drifting to the side and looking down, to the point where it became hard to follow and connect with the already bland vocals. When there are only four safe spots per season, you NEED to stand out, and this just didn’t do it for me, but hey, maybe it came across as cute to the voting public. 

Next up is a football player from the Golden state... 

Matthew Rogers

Song: Hard to Handle (Otis Redding)

Voting Details: Matthew’s PM voting number is 305. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: I honestly forgot you existed, like who are you? I mean, I feel like this was kind of singing, but I feel like literally anyone could have sang this. Go to any karoake bar in NYC and pretty much anyone could perform this song and 95% of them would do it better. So adios!

A-Kid: You've really got that old school manly voice that really suited in this song. It was actually like the original, but my problem is, it was too much the same like the original, that I feel like your artistry was missing. It was too safe of a performance, but the most important thing is that you did enjoyed yourself in the stage.

thevoiceisthetop: This was very corny but a very nice performance so all I can say is good luck.

Bk1234: You looked like you had fun up there, and that’s infectious. You did a good job of working the crowd, but I’m also worried that you played it a little too safe tonight.

Up next, is the second of the three divas singing an Aretha hit... 

Fantasia Barrino

Song: Chain of Fools (Aretha Franklin)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Fantasia, send me a PM with the number 306. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: Alright you can sing, and you definitely have a very specific voice for a specific type of fan. I am definitely not one of those fans. Your voice irks me, so it really makes me cringe whenever you start doing that weird shrieky thing. But you decent control, although there were definitely some pitchy parts too.

A-Kid: Ooh girl, chills and goosebumps all over my body! You've got so much soul in your voice, and that tone you have is just really a special one. I've never heard of a voice like yours if I'm being honest, and that is a good one because you have your own trademark. I really can see that you can even show more.

thevoiceisthetop: This was great and I loved every moment and second of this performance because it was just so fun and you hit some great notes in this. 

Bk1234: Definitely, the best performance so far! Your voice is just perfect for these types of songs. You showed the attitude for the song and you slayed it vocally. My only issue was that at one point it was a little difficult to understand you, so just make sure to work on your enunciation. 

Next up is a contestant from Seattle, Washington... 

Leah LaBelle

Song: Let’s Stay Together (Al Green)

Voting Details: If you want Leah to stay in this competition, send me a PM with the number 307. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: Oh, this was just not good, I'm sorry Leah. Yikes. Wrong song, wrong vocals, wrong everything.

A-Kid: You've got a really spunk in you that is interesting Leah, you know how to handle yourself in the stage, but I felt like their are parts that were really shaky, especially at the start. And if I'm being honest, there is no extraordinary or special about your performance tonight, it was too laid back and chill, idk. I really love your look and voice though.

thevoiceisthetop: This was decent, I feel you could have showcased more like I feel you were holding back. 

Bk1234: Leah, this was a decent performance. It was very shaky throughout the whole thing, but I commend you for still looking confident on stage. While this performance may have gotten you through if one or two contestants were getting eliminated, you could be in a bit of trouble tonight since only four of you guys are guaranteed to be safe.

Up next is the first of two contestants from Hawaii... 

Jasmine Trias

Song: It’s Raining Men (The Weather Girls)

Voting Details: Jasmine’s PM voting number is 308. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant, but please keep it to one conversation!

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: This was a decent performance and the entertainment was there, but it was pitchy in parts. I mean, this was just not a good song choice for you, you are definitely better and would do much better with a better song for sure.

A-Kid: I actually love your voice Jasmine, also your personality when you sing. However, I felt like you were under the note at this performance, I don't know if the key is too high or something, but something was really wrong, it was pitchy and messy. I feel like there are more songs that will really show your voice more, and that will really suit your voice. I know you did your best, but it was the wrong song.

thevoiceisthetop: This was very pitchy and I just want to wish you good luck so let's see what happens. 

Bk1234: Sorry, Jasmine, but this was the worst performance of the night so far. It was VERY pitchy throughout the whole thing, though I appreciate that you moved around the stage and engaged the audience. Keep in mind though that you don’t want to sacrifice your vocals for engaging the audience. Good vocals alone are enough to captivate an audience. Despite this trainwreck, I do see potential in you, and wouldn’t mind seeing you back over others who had a shaky performance this round, but don’t show too much promise. 

Right after our first Hawaiian contestant of the group is our second one... 

Camile Velasco

Song: One Last Cry (Brian McKnight)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Camile, send me a PM with the number 309. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant by using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: You have an interesting tone to your voice. This performance was pitchy in parts, but you are a decent singer. Did not like this song choice for you.

A-Kid: The thing that I admire bout your voice is that raspiness in it. I really love your tone, you gave a different version to this song. I was kind of missing with the emotional connection though, I wish it was slowed down a bit or you showed more emotions, this song was a really emotional song, and I felt like it was rushed or something. I do see a lot of potential in you though, you know how to work your instrument girl!

thevoiceisthetop: This was a nice laid back performance but I feel this was very shaky too so let's see what everyone else thinks. 

Bk1234: Ugh, I absolutely LOVE your tone! This was a great performance. It showed off your tone, you were able to show your range, and best of all, it showed that you could convey emotion, which I was missing from a lot of the other contestants tonight. Camile, to me, you have emerged as the one to beat along with Fantasia, so keep picking good songs and show off that amazing tone, if you make it to the next round. 

Next up is a contestant who served as a replacement for another... 

George Huff

Song: Live for Loving You (Gloria Estefan)

Voting Details: If you live for loving George, send me a PM with the number 310. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation! 

Judges’ Comments

JC: Well you are definitely not boring, your facial expressions kill me lol. However, your vocals are just not super strong. Or perhaps this song choice just did not do a good job showing them off. I just was unimpressed with the vocals, and I am not sure how to judge this song.

A-Kid: I really love your soulful tone George, you've got that deeply soulful voice. But, I felt like even if you gave your best, I feel like this was the wrong song, there was something wrong about everything. I think that did not do your voice any justice, I get it that you tried to do something different, but it did not do it, at least for me.

thevoiceisthetop: This was weak but such a fun performance so let's see if you make the top 4. 

Bk1234: You have such a smooth, deep voice, but I just don’t think that this song did it justice. It didn’t allow you to lay your wonderful voice out. The song kind of restricted your voice by not giving it any breathing room. Also, yes, the performance was a little corny at times, but hey, it was entertaining to watch! If you make it to the next round, I would make sure to pick a song that really gives your voice room to flourish. 

Up next is another contestant with pink/red hair... 

Amy Adams

Song: Sin Wagon (Dixie Chicks)

Voting Details: Amy’s PM voting number is 311. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)