The Ultimate American Idol Redux (SEASONS 10-12 RESULTS POSTED!)

Bk1234

Next is up is a guy who was a former member of the United States Marine Corps... 

Josh Gracin

Song: Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye (Don Cherry)

Voting Details: If you don’t want to say goodbye to Josh, send me a PM with the number 209. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Edited by Bk1234

Judges’ Comments

JC: Aren't you quite the heartthrob, country is definitely your strong suit. This performance did not do you justice though, I was a little bored with the song choice. I think you definitely have the potential to do better. This was not terrible, but it was just okay.

A-Kid: You've got a really old soul type of voice, I really love your deep tone, it's that tone that I really wanna hear more and more, it somehow excites me. But, the problem with your performance is I think it was too safe, I really wanted to hear more depth from your voice, it stayed monotonous all throughout.

thevoiceisthetop: Your voice was decent. I think you were just not on key and you sounded pitchy and I feel you could make top 4 but I'm hoping you don't.

Bk1234: Ok, Josh, it was a little shaky at some parts, but overall it was a nice, solid performance. I love your smooth country voice, it is very relaxing! My only worry for you in the votes is that this performance was not a stand-out. It felt that you didn’t really bring it all out on stage. 

Edited by Bk1234

Next up is a spunky contestant from Katy, Texas... 

Kimberly Caldwell

Song: Anymore (Travis Tritt)

Voting Details: Kimberly Caldwell’s PM voting number is 210. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: Are you scratching out Julia's eyes yet? Just kidding, this was like Josh's, it was just mediocre and I think you could do better. Your vocals were okay, pitchy in a few parts, but you need a better song choice.

A-Kid: I love the grit of your voice Kim! Even if I feel like there's more suitable songs for your voice, I felt like this performance showed so much potential in you as an artist. Your tone is honestly one of a kind, it is distinctive. Notes were a little messy at the very end, so be careful next time.

thevoiceisthetop: This was the wrong song for you but I love your raspy voice it just sounds soothing and almost like Janis Joplin almost. 

Bk1234: With your amazing, gritty voice, I feel that there are songs out there that would suit it better, but this performance wasn’t too bad. Yeah, it was pitchy and a bit shouty in some areas, but you also held some pretty difficult notes in there, so good job for that! Overall, I think after this performance, you have a fair shot at being one of the top four vote-getters.

Next up is a Canadian-born contestant who now lives in Utah... 

Carmen Rasmusen

Song: And So It Goes (Billy Joel)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Carmen, send me a PM with the number 211. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method. (Other voting methods are detailed in the main post.)

Judges’ Comments

JC: This was pretty terrible unfortunately. You seem like a nice girl, but your vocals are just not strong. You were off key in many parts and compared to your other season 2 contestants, you are definitely one of the weakest, if not the weakest. You belong with the Season 1 terrible performances.

A-Kid: I will be brutally honest, it was a bore for me, it did not excite me or anything. It's a shame because the tone in your voice is really stunning, it has so much depth in it. But, I think this performance did not do it for me, it was a lovely attempt, but I really cannot see anything special about it, I'm sorry.

thevoiceisthetop: TBH I didn't like this, it just seems like it was the wrong time for you to try out and very pitchy so I'm sorry but I didn't like this so good luck.

Bk1234: Sorry, Carmen, but this really wasn’t that great… While I love the tone of your voice, it wasn’t enough to distract me from noticing that the key appeared to be too low at parts. If you make it to the next round, my advice would be to choose songs that really highlight how beautiful your tone is, and to make sure that the key is within your range.

Closing out the show is a contestant who goes by the nickname K-Lo... 

Kimberley Locke

Song: Over the Rainbow (Judy Garland)

Voting Details: Kimberley Locke’s voting number is 212. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation!

Judges’ Comments

JC: I love this song, not my favorite performance of this song as I have heard many amazing performances and renditions of this song. However, this was a good performance. You definitely have some vocal ability, so I think you did a decent job with the song. I was not blown away though.

A-Kid: A really good performance Kim. I love that soulful and rangey voice you have, it has so much finesse to it. This is actually a nearly flawless performance, everything just felt so right. I've heard this song sung into singing competitions to death, but you added your own flavor to it. I really am excited to hear more from you, so much potential young lady!

thevoiceisthetop: Your vocals were on par and I loved every second of this so I am hoping you make it far. 

Bk1234: Wow Kimberley that was spectacular! The performance was flawless! You hit all the notes perfectly, you held out those difficult high notes, and I feel that you really owned the song, which is very important. I also appreciate that you tend to have a less vocal technique-based performance style. The thing about your voice is that it is so captivating, that it can still hold its own, without all the riffs and runs! 

That Is The End of the Show!

How To Vote:

You Can Use As Many Methods As You Want!

Survey Heart Voting ♥️: Credit to @anonymouskid_35 for the idea. 

• You will "vote" by ranking the performances from worst to best. 
  • Each question will contain a performance and you will select a placement/point value for it. 
  • For example, if you thought Jim Verraros delivered the best performance, you would select the option "1st Place (10 pts.)"
  • There will also be a question asking for your IDF Account Display Name. You can only vote ONCE per IDF Account! 
  • Please do not give more than one performance the same point value or I will disregard all of your votes! 
  • Current Survey Heart pollhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5f2b292310d9e90fd17d14f1 (SEASON 1 poll) 

IDF Private Message (PM) Voting: 

• You can "vote" by shooting be a PM with the the contestant's number and the number of times you want to vote for that contestant. 
  • You can vote 10 times per contestant with this method. 
  • All contestant numbers will be revealed during the first show for their season. The number will be the same for the entire competition! 
  • Please keep all of your votes in one private conversation with me! 
  • For example, if you wanted to vote for Kelly Clarkson 10 times, you would PM @Bk1234 "110 (x10)."
  • PM Voting Is Currently Open for Season 1.

Google Forms Voting: 

• You can vote for all your favorites on a Google Form. 
  • You will have to give your IDF Account Display Name. 
  • You can vote using a total of five Google accounts. 
  • I will disregard all of your votes (on all Google accounts) if you use more than five Google accounts. 
  • Current Google Forms poll: https://forms.gle/cv1Mae5Rznist8cN6 (SEASON 1 poll)

ALL SEASON 1 VOTING WILL CLOSE AT 9:00 PM

ALL SEASON 2 VOTING WILL OPEN AT 9:00 PM

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

Season 1 Voting is Now CLOSED!

Season 2 Voting is Now OPEN!

Survey Heart Poll Linkhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5f2bf56b10d9e90fd17d6e93

Google Forms Linkhttps://forms.gle/iFSuN8jncmJtyqQX8

PM Voting Is OPEN

Contestant Numbers:

Ruben Studdard- 201

Julia DeMato- 202

Charles Grigsby- 203

Trenyce- 204

Vanessa Olivarez- 205

Rickey Smith- 206

Corey Clark- 207

Clay Aiken- 208

Josh Gracin- 209

Kimberly Caldwell- 210

Carmen Rasmusen- 211

Kimberley Locke- 212

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @taylorkat @Crisis @kenboy123 @Leekleekington @randomgirl

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Next to perform is a school teacher from Texas… 

Rickey Smith

Song: I’ve Done Enough Dyin’ Today (Larry Gatlin)

Voting Details: If you want to vote for Rickey, send me a PM with the number 206. Remember, you can vote 10 times per contestant using this method, but please keep it to one conversation! 

😢

• Sad 1

Season 3 Show ANNOUNCEMENT

The first Season 3 show will begin on Friday, August 7, at 4pm EST. 

Details

• All 12 Season 3 finalists will perform for your votes. 
  • All voting methods for Season 3 will open at 9pm EST. (Season 2 voting methods will close at 9pm EST.)
  • Your votes will decide the four Season 3 finalists that will automatically advance to the next round (Top 76). 
  • If your favorite isn't one of the top four vote-getters, don't worry, they still have the chance to be one of the judges' wildcard picks. 

@JC @anonymouskid_35 @thevoiceisthetop @IAN27TAY @Crisis @kenboy123 @randomgirl @taylorkat @Leekleekington @DorisAnn

• Like 1