Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

5. Let Me Talk to You (Prelude) / My Love (feat. Timbaland & T.I.)

Album: FutureSex/LoveSounds (2006)

My Love.png

Writers: Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Danja, T.I.

Producers: Timbaland, Danja

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Love_(Justin_Timberlake_song)

Listen on YouTube

@#jeah - 2/21

@*Wallace - 4/21

@taylorkat - 4/21

@.Rei - 4/21

@FrogLenzen - 5/21

@1234567890 - 6/21

@Qorey - 8/21

@JC - 16/21

@*Lily - 17/21

Final Average = 7.33 / 21

Wallace - 4/21

On 1/12/2023 at 4:50 PM, *Wallace said:

126373-Justin-Timberlake.gif

tumblr_my648jlygY1t5crnfo4_250.gif

"My Love" is such a jam and I'm really glad this song made it through to the finals of Justin Timberlake round!  I can be kinda hit or miss on the preludes or interludes, but I do love the "Let Me Talk to You (Prelude)" and think it's my favorite of the preludes or interludes. :haha: I really love those 

My love, uh huh, my love, hey
My love, hey, my love, hey

So catchy! :bobo: I love how Justin and Timbaland rap/talk their parts of this section of the song. I especially love the parts that goes:

Walk into my great place, cozy
I'm glad you came, let's make a toast (My love)

Let me make an indecent proposal
Let me take you to the back and do what we're suppose to (My love)

You know I want a piece of that pie
But first let me, let me, let me talk to her

It's all so good and fun! :bobo: It's a great way to lead to "My Love." But yeah I definitely love and am here for the "My Love" section of the song so much! I loveee the slick mid-tempo beat as it has that smooth romantic feel to it, alongside Justin's falsetto vocals, which is impressive how he pulls that off. I love how he sings that entire first verse, especially the parts where he sings:

If I wrote you a symphony,
Just to say how much you mean to me
What would you do?

Well, baby I've been around the world
But I ain't seen myself another girl
Like you
This ring here represents my heart

Of course I am here for and absolutely love the chorus where Justin sings:

Yeah, because I can see us holding hands
Walking on the beach, our toes in the sand
I can see us on the countryside
Sitting on the grass, laying side by side
You could be my baby, let me make you my lady
Girl, you amaze me
Ain't gotta do nothing crazy
See, all I want you to do is be my love

(So don't give away) My love
(So don't give away)
Ain't another woman that can take your spot, my love
(So don't give away)
Ain't another woman that can take your spot, my love

Girl
My love
My love

JAMMING! :bobo:

I love how Justin sings the second verse as well. Some of my favorite parts are where he sings:

Now, if I wrote you a love note
And made you smile with every word I wrote
What would you do?

See, what's the point in waiting anymore?
'Cause girl I've never been more sure
That baby, it's you
This ring here represents my heart

Then I really love T.I.'s verse a ton and he kills it on this song as well! Some of my favorite parts are where he raps:

Hey, listen baby, I don't wanna ruin your plan
But if you got a man, try to lose him if you can
'Cause the girls real wild
Throw their hands up high
When you wanna come and kick it with a stand-up guy

I hate to have to cancel my vacation so you can't deny
I'm patient, but I ain't gon' try
You don't come, I ain't gon' die
Hold up, what you mean, you can't go? Why?
Me and your boyfriend we ain't no tie
You say you wanna kick it when I ain't so high? Man

I ain't gon' lie, I'll fill your space
And forget your face, I swear I will

I love how Justin sings the rest of the song too.  I also love the "My Love" music video and think it's a lot of fun. Justin kills it with all of the dancing and choreography and it's all so fun to watch! :bobo: Hopefully "My Love" is well loved and popular enough to rank well. I feel it can do really well here but just not sure where it will land.

Derek - 5/21

hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey. hey.

This is a Timbo masterpiece. Not surprised this made the Top 5 even with no #1 rankings

Corey - 8/21

I only care about "My Love." I don't even care about the first part, which I can't remember, if it was included at all. The best part is Mickey Mouse's appearance, when you can hear his squeaking in the foreground.

JC - 16/21

Gets Me Bothered

Definitely a popular song that I enjoy, but not quite in my upper half of this Top 21.

4. What Goes Around… / …Comes Around (Interlude)

Album: FutureSex/LoveSounds (2006)

What Goes Around... Comes Around.png

Writers: Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, Danja

Producers: Timbaland, Danja

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Goes_Around..._Comes_Around

Listen on YouTube

Andy - 1/21

Victoria - 1/21

Lily - 2/21

Rei - 3/21

Gigi - 5/21

Derek - 6/21

Corey - 10/21

JC - 13/21

Wallace - 18/21

Final Average = 6.55 / 21

Derek - 6/21

This music video is wild… Scarlett Johansson cheats on JT and that means she must die in a car accident? idk. Maybe it’s a metaphor

Corey - 10/21

This song is hypnotic, and I don't mind that it's over seven minutes, but I still don't like it as much as some of his other songs.

JC - 13/21

Gets Me Hot

I love this song, but I feel like I get bad flashbacks of me listening to this song instead of doing my work and going to class which hurt my GPA :lolwave: It was so addicting to listen to in college. Definitely another repeat song that I loved.

Wallace - 18/21

On 1/12/2023 at 4:54 PM, *Wallace said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114c5465244a2ec3088a

This may probably be another unpopular opinion, but I never reallly loved "What Goes Around… / …Comes Around." Or at least the first 2 thirds of the song? Well kinda as far as the Future Sex/Love Sounds era goes. I would probably love it more in a weaker JT era or so? :haha: But I do still really like this song. I think this is one of those songs where I kinda have to be in the mood for to really get into it? Sometimes I do really like and am into it but then sometimes, it just kinda drags on. That can happen to me with some of Justin's reallly long songs. I do think he sounds great on the song. He sounds great on the opening verse but I really like how he sings on the chorus:

Is this the way it's really going down?
Is this how we say goodbye?
Should've known better when you came around
That you were gonna make me cry
It's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie
That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find...

What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around

From the second verse, I love the part where Justin sings:

You said that you were moving on now
And maybe I should do the same
Funny thing about that is
I was ready to give you my name

However my very favorite part of the song is THAT bridge! That part of the song Justin reallly goes hard! :omg: That's the part of the song I was obsessed with and it kinda makes me want to rasie this song up a few spots but ugh this is just so difficult to decide.

You spend your nights alone
And he never comes home
And every time you call him
All you get's a busy tone
I heard you found out
That he's doing to you
What you did to me
Ain't that the way it goes

And then that whole part of the end I just really love. :omg: I think I remember the radio edit cutting that part of the song which always ticked me off, lmao. :dead: The music video to this song is really good too. It feels like a movie. 😮 I can certainly see "What Goes Around...Comes Around" ranking well and making the Top 10 as I feel this is quite a beloved song.

3. Mirrors

Album: The 20/20 Experience (2013)

JTMirrorsCover.png

Writers: Justin Timberlake, Timbaland, J-Roc, James Fauntleroy II

Producers: Timbaland, Justin Timberlake, J-Roc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirrors_(Justin_Timberlake_song)

Listen on YouTube

JC - 1/21

Wallace - 1/21

Victoria - 2/21

Lily - 4/21

Andy - 6/21

Derek - 9/21

Gigi - 10/21

Rei - 12/21

Corey - 13/21

Final Average = 6.44 / 21

JC - 1/21

Top Tier Steak Sauce

I just love this so much. JT's ballad always slay and get to me, especially this one. It was hard to figure out which one would top my list, but this ultimately wins. And definitely deservingly so because it is my #1 JT song of all time :wub: I really hope this wins but JT really has so many amazing classics that I would be happy with a lot of winners, but hopefully it is in my Top Tier.

Wallace - 1/21

On 1/12/2023 at 4:50 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_mmwojhu60S1s6t1w1o1_500.gif
I absolutely love "Mirrors" and think this is truly an amazing and iconic song from Justin. I did sometimes contemplate whether if this was my favorite song of his but at some point, I guess in 2013 when the song was out, I did decide this was my favorite song of Justin's. I feel like this is such a sweet, romantic and timeless song that Justin created. I love the music production, Justin's vocals & delivery, the lyrics, the emotional connection and just everything about the song. I love that hard hitting Timbaland beat and how Justin sings on top of it. I especially love how he sings that last line of the first verse and how it transitions into the pre-chorus:

Just know that I'm always parallel on the other side
'Cause with your hand in my hand and a pocket full of soul
I can tell you there's no place we couldn't go
Just put your hand on the glass
I'm here tryin' to pull you through
You just gotta be strong

Then ahhh yess, I absolutely love the chorus and it's the BEST! It's one of MY PARTS of the song. It's so wonderful, heartfelt and catchy:

'Cause I don't wanna lose you now
I'm lookin' right at the other half of me
The vacancy that sat in my heart
Is a space that now you hold
Show me how to fight for now
And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy
Comin' back here to you once I figured it out
You were right here all along

It's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me
I couldn't get any bigger
With anyone else beside of me
And now it's clear as this promise
That we're making two reflections into one
'Cause it's like you're my mirror
My mirror staring back at me, staring back at me

So good! 😢 Oooh and I love all of those "ooh ooohh" he does as the backing vocals of the song too. I love the entire second verse, but especially the parts where Justin sings:

'cause I see truth somewhere in your eyes
I can't ever change without you
You reflect me, I love that about you
And if I could, I would look at us all the time

Love it! ❤️ Speaking of loving it, ooooo the bridge is another really strong part of the song and one of my very standout favorite parts.

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow's a mystery
I can see you lookin' back at me
Keep your eyes on me
Baby, keep your eyes on me

I especially love how the bridge transitions into the next chorus. With how the chorus changes with a clapping beat behind it. It has an anthemic feel to it that truly makes you feel the song and what Justin is singing there!  It's so fun to clap and sing along to that part of the song. :clap: I love how the song changes back and Justin sings those high notes at the end! Ahh it's all sooo good. ❤️

Okayy and yeah the 20/20 Experience songs are just SO long, this one included. :haha: Even though "Mirrors" is my favorite, I am not as crazy about the last 2 minute.... interlude of the song. Most of the time when I listen to the song, I just listened to the 5 and a half minute version of the song. But I do like it still and it's grown on me. And heck, sometimes I do love those You are, you are the love of my life parts. :bobo: But I also love the part where Justin sings:

So now I say goodbye to the old me, it's already gone
And I can't wait wait wait wait wait to get you home

I pretty much said it all, but I love "Mirrors" and think it's a legendary song of Justin's discography that certainly deserves to be here. I think it should do really well.... and hopefully well enough to make the Top 5. I think this also has a chance of being a winner contender. I would love to see it pull it off, but I think another song may get that but we'll see.

Derek - 9/21

I wouldn’t pick this as JC’s #1 even if I had like 13 guesses. I wouldn’t pick this as Wallace’s #1 even if I had like 15 guesses. Twist. This isn’t my favorite from this album but I’ll take all the representation I can get at this point.

Corey - 13/21

An epic song emotionally, and lyrically, but still too slow to enjoy at a fundamental level.

Edited by FrogLenzen

5. LMAOO I'm cracking up at Derek's write-up. :dead: But ahhh dangg, SOO close to having my Top 4 as the actual Top 4.... so close, darnn. :lmao: But still, really happy and pleased with "My Love" cracking into 5th with no #1 rankings. This is a classic and great song though and such a jam. :bobo: lol Confused on Corey's Mickey Mouse appearance but that was fun to read. :haha:

4. Okay phew, finally "What Goes Around… / …Comes Around" shows up and doesn't mess up my perfect Top 3. I knew this song would be really popular and rank really high so not surprised with the ranking though I'd have it much lower. :haha: I get the love for it. lol JC's story on this. :giggle:

3. Aww nooo, I'm a bit sad/bummed to see "Mirrors" miss out from making the Top 2. Ughh so close. :( Of course I was wanting and rooting for this to win... and was hopeful for it too but no luck. Oh well, 3rd is still fantastic. And also just glad that this at least beat out "What Goes Around..." Oooh and slayy that JC also ranked this at #1 with me. ❤️ LOL Derek's comment... I love it, but also curious which songs he thought would have been mine or JC's favorite here. :giggle:

Hmmm okay so my #2 vs. my #3. Both are memorable and great songs and would be worthy winners. Definitely hoping and pulling for my #2 and I think it can pull it off, hopefully.

13 minutes ago, Qorey said:

My 3rd favorite vs. my 3rd least favorite. I'm betting on my 3rd least favorite.

Hmmm I think I have an idea and if what I'm thinking is right, I'm reallly shocked a certain song was your 3rd least favorite (as I didn't think it would be low for anyone).

But then again, I think I may have had some surprising rankings so maybe I can't talk. :dead: