The Challenge: Reality Royalty Rankdown (CHAMPION ON PAGE 169!)

JC

Jasmine Reynaud

JasmineChange_0.jpg

Awww I’m sad having to cut Jasmine as i do really like her but it’s at that point of the game where we all must make sacrifices for all of us to have our very top favorites make it through to the next round. I kinda wish I had nominated her (and some others here) earlier on so she could have gotten a red skull and not be at risk right now, but I would have been sad if Jasmine had gone on my round. :broken: So that was the tricky thing about this twist as I couldn’t protect and risk all of my favorites. :broken: But here we go.

Jasmine Reynaud started her MTV reality career on The Real World: Cancun. This was a Real World season I saw a good amount of and remember the cast very well (in terms of Real World seasons that is), so I was quite partial towards that cast when they competed on The Challenge. Jasmine did an impressive 5 seasons of The Challenge in a row which were: Season 21’s Rivals, Season 22’s Battle of the Exes, Season 23’s Battle of the Seasons, Season 24’s Rivals II and Season 25’s Free Agents.

On Rivals, Jasmine was partnered with her fellow Real World: Cancun cast member, Jonna Mannion. They lasted 7 episodes. They beat Katelynn & Sarah in the Unburied Jungle elimination (in Episode 5), but lost to comp beasts Cara Maria & Laurel in Episode 7’s Blast Off elimination. On Season 22’s Battle of the Exes, Jasmine was partnered with Tyrie Ballard. They didn’t fare too well, lasting only 4 episodes and losing the X Knocks the Spot Dome elimination to Aneesa & Rachel. On her third season Battle of the Seasons, Jasmine was partnered with CJ Koegel, Derek Chavez and Joanna Mannion (as Team Real World: Cancun), where she lasted 8 episodes. Jasmine & CJ compete against Sam & Zach, and lost on the Hall Brawl elimination. I remember being upset about this because Jasmine & CJ were doing so well but then barely lost out on a tiebreaker round. On Rivals II, Jasmine was partnered with Theresa Gonzalez. They lasted 6 episodes, including a challenge win but losing the Catch 22 Jungle elimination to Camila & Jemmye. Jasmine did receive $500 for winning the Frog Smash challenge too. Then on her final season of Free Agents, Jasmine lasted 5 episodes but lost the Balls In elimination to Laurel.

Jasmine was a very small girl, so she wasn’t ever going to be that strong comp beast type of challenger like some physical iconic The Challenge female competitors are. But I found Jasmine to be a very rootable underdog type and felt she was someone that was quite underestimated by people, so that made me root for her. Also not to mention, I remember finding her really fun and hilarious too. She was so spunky, a firecracker and so full of personality. Jasmine hasn’t done the show in forever, so Im not sure of the likelihood of her returning, but it would be fun seeing her come back to the show.

Now I would post some hilarious gifs of Jasmine BUT….. with her pouty mouth, I don’t think i can post some of those here but take a google image search if you want to see them. But I can post a few of these below.

gifablejasmine2.gif

DirtyEssentialJohndory-size_restricted.g

8oo6z.gif

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Mean Girls clique. :dead: JC would approve of this though. :giggle: 

I am trying to be as unbiased as possible which is why I didn't say anything when Svetlana was tragically proposed to be cut. But I would not be upset if the big nosed one of the three wicked stepsisters was cut 🙂 #justice4tonya #justice4beth

Julie Stoffer

Susie Meister

Rachel Robinson

Darrell Taylor

Chris "CT" Tamburello

Brandon Nelson

Jonna Mannion

Devyn Simone

3 more cuts to be made! @*Wallace @QueenKalie @Deeee @Alex95 @1234567890

Edited by JC

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

You forget #Justice4Svetlena, @JC. 😘

I don't think Rachel did anything to Svetlana, she wasn't on the first Duel? Or am I getting senile in my old age?

Brandon Nelson

1*vkpYlfuNJrVPkAlewPgr3Q.jpeg

Brandon competed in 5 seasons of the challenge starting with Fresh Meat 2. The fresh meat class provided some good new and while probably not the most noteworthy name from the group he certainly left his mark on the show at least. Brandon got eliminated from his fresh meat season for consuming alcohol prior to the 4 elimination. I feel like a lot of challengers are probably guilty of this but I think he's the only one to have been removed for this reason so that seems kinda sus. Brandon beat Ty in an elimination one season because Ty wouldn't get up and got dq'd so that was kinda funny I guess. Ty being one of the most overrated athletes is a good story line. He didn't make a mark on some of the later seasons he was on so I guess they stopped calling him after his 5th season which seems fair. He's not a favorite of mine so and this is more than a generous even placement for him so out he goes from this rankdown now. 

Jonna Mannion

47364de878de7aa32.jpg

I can pretty much echo my same thoughts on the Jasmine cut with Jonna, where this is a bit of a tough cut and not my ideal cut to make. I wish I could have pushed Jonna a little further. But as we’re all making sacrifices this round, it’s what I/we all have to do, so i am fine with that. I’m happy to at least give Jonna a good write-up being a fan of hers, although it won’t be that great or amazing as it could be.

Jonna Mannion started her MTV reality career on The Real World: Cancun, which I mentioned was a Real World season I watched a good amount of episodes of. Don’t think I watched the full season throughout but a good amount. I remember Jonna being a strong individual/personality and wasn’t ever afraid to stand up for herself or her friends (as far as i can remember). Jonna went onto compete on 5 seasons of The Challenge which were: Season 21’s Rivals, Season 23’s Battle of the Seasons, Season 24’s Rivals II, Season 25’s Free Agents and Season 26’s Battle of the Exes II. 

On Rivals, Joanna was partnered with her The Real World: Cancun castmate Jasmine Reynanud where they lasted 7 episodes. They beat Katelynn & Sarah in the Unburied jungle elimination but lost to comp beasts Cara Maria & Laurel on the Blast Off jungle elimination. On Battle of the Seasons, Jonna was partnered with her The Real World: Cancun castmates: CJ Koegel, Derek Chavez and Jasmine Reynanud. They lost CJ & Jasmine along the way, but Jonna & Derek managed to last 11 episodes. They lost the Knot So Fast elimination to Ashley & Frank. On Rivals II, Joanna was partnered with Nany Gonzalez, where they lasted 8 episodes. They lost the Snapper jungle elimination to Cara Maria & Heather Cooke. On Free Agents, Jonna lasted 7 episodes this time around. She beat Emilee on the Wrecking Ball elimination on Episode 2, but she lost to Aneesa on the same Wrecking Ball elimination on Episode 7. Then on Jonna’s final season of Battle of the Exes II, Jonna was partnered with Zach Nichols where they lasted 8 episodes. They lost to Jordan & Sarah on the Hammer It Home elimination. Then they also lost the It Takes Two to Tangle Ex-iled elimination to Bananas & Nany. I seem to remember Zach treating Jonna terribly, which isn’t surprising from him, and I felt bad for her having to go through that.

Throughout her The Challenge run, Joanna managed 2 wins but 5 lists in the eliminations she was in, as well as 6 daily wins. I’m to sure of the likelihood of Jonna returning to The Challenge, but i would love to see her return and compete some day. Regardless I hope she is doing well and happy in life right now. Oooh I also want to mention and shout out that Jonna has some of the most gorgeous eyes ever! :omg: Picture proof below: 

1*sWdhEQyin_Hrd13yyLpVVw.jpeg

Jonna has a ton of gifs online, so this is the perffect time for me to close this write up and to post those, sooo here we go.

tumblr_nkfmmhHpld1u8s2afo1_250.gifv

tumblr_nkfmmhHpld1u8s2afo4_250.gifv

tumblr_n5oxk9yrtz1s04obno6_250.gifv

tumblr_mifjozW4241rt93pio1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n5xmr9sK481qclmb0o1_500_0.gif

Rachel Robinson

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:238002?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=1440&height=810&.jpg

Rachel is a Challenge legend and definitely one of the most dominant women to ever do the show. She has two wins out of three finals and has competed on a total of seven seasons. She's most well-known as Veronica's girlfriend and sidekick from the OG seasons, but made a bit of a comeback on her own to prove that she's still got it and she can be dominant without her. I wasn't always the biggest Rachel fan, but she's totally grown on me and she would've been a deserving person to make it to the end of this game, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice bigger faves to try to protect her so I decided to let her go.

Rachel's first season was Battle of the Sexes where she proved herself as one of the strongest women on the women's team. Unfortunately for her, she was never quite able to crack that inner circle. The women in the inner circle though, specifically Emily, rightfully viewed Rachel as a bigger threat and decided to jump the gun and take her out despite the fact that there were weaker women (especially Tonya who was barely even walking at this point lol). Rachel's elimination led her to have an iconic meltdown though and gave us one of the most famous lines in Challenge history.

Lucky for us, even though this game is ugly, Rachel came back a season later for The Gauntlet. Rachel was definitely more of a background figure this season, but she tucked herself under her "bestie" Veronica's wing and helped enable Veronica's rise to power. The Gauntlet is a very important season to watch in order to see the rise of the Mean Girls even though Rachel is very quiet this season. She does have an extremely sexy threesome with Abram and Veronica after Abram got eliminated though so good for her. And Rachel does get her first win this season so good for her!

Rachel comes back for a third season for Battle of the Sexes 2 which pretty much just proves that Rachel cannot win Battle of the Sexes seasons for some reason :haha:. While Veronica's usually the leader of her alliance, Rachel tried to take over and lead the veteran girls to victory this time around. Unfortunately, there was also a rookie revolution happening and Rachel fell victim to those numbers and got voted out in the middle of the season.

Before taking a break, Rachel does one more season, Inferno II on the badass team. Now, this is pretty much the heights of the Mean Girls power. Veronica, Rachel, and Tina absolutely run their team with an iron fist. It's actually really impressive and exciting to watch the girls wield so much power on an old school season because they are all predominantly dominated by guys. However, the girls use this power to mercilessly bully Beth and Tonya and I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't feeling it one bit. This is definitely the low point in my fandom of those girls I have such a deep appreciation for. Rachel's definitely not as loud as Veronica and Tina, but she does enable them. I'm almost more willing to forgive Veronica and Tina because at least they bring the entertainment unlike Rachel who is more of a mute bully. Rachel and her girls manage to make it to the final and keep most of their team in tact, but they lose to the Good Guys in the end.

This seemed like the last we would see of Rachel, but six seasons later she surprisingly makes a comeback and participates on The Island. Sadly, Rachel's long awaited comeback is barely a season to begin with. This was Rachel's first time competing individually so I was excited to see how she would do. From the second episode, Rachel attempted to save the season. Even though Abram was pretty much quitting, she tried to lead a woman's alliance to vote Johnny Bananas out instead which would've been amazing and possibly save that sh*tty season. Rachel is always about girl power :wub:. Sadly, her plan did not work as Abram was quitting and she couldn't get the numbers. This put Rachel in trouble though so after she lost her elimination against KellyAnne shockingly, she got voted out.

Now that she dipped her toe back in the Challenge pool, she immediately came back for The Duel II. Rachel absolutely dominated the season physically and proved why she's a Challenge legend. Despite being one of the oldest girls there, she won four daily challenges and didn't have to go into any eliminations. Though not particularly entertaining or that involved in the politics, she did give me a Rachel, Aneesa, Jenn love triangle which was one of the few storylines I actually cared about that season. She won in the end and while she wasn't my first choice to win, she was a decent enough option.

After taking five seasons off, Rachel made her final return for Battle of the Exes II partnered with Aneesa. This is easily my favorite season of Rachel's, though unfortunately her last. They were the only all-female team being forced to compete against a bunch of male/female teams. Despite that, they performed extremely well. They never came in last in a challenge and they beat Tyrie & Jasmine in an elimination. Also Rachel's hatred of Johnny Bananas from The Island came back and she went toe-to-toe with him to try to take him down. Unfortunately, Bananas had too many pawns blindly loyal to him, so when Bananas even flipped Mark Long against her, he pretty much won the war. Rachel & Aneesa sadly got taken down by Dunbar & Paula, which is such an embarrassing duo to lose to lol (though it was mainly Aneesa's fault). Rachel & Aneesa deserved better, but Bananas was still being a little bitch about what went down on The Island. We haven't seen Rachel since, which is a shame because she's still in such good shape. Maybe one day we will. If Veronica can make her random comeback years later so can Rachel!

Edited by Alex95