Voiced by Jeremy Irons (b. 1948)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Irons

Academy Award winner for Best Actor 1990

Tony Award Winner for Best Actor in a Play 1984

3-time Primetime Emmy Award winner

Grammy Award nominated

Golden Globe winner

SAG award winner

I don't really expect Scar to crack the Top 10 for this game, but when your #1 gets into the finals, you gotta rank them at #1. I love everything about Scar. I was obsessed with The Lion King when it came out, and at one point it was the movie I re-watched more than any other. I love Scar's design, voice, scheming, personality, dry humor, sarcasm, everything. I think he's one of the best Disney villains ever. He also has a song, and it's one of the best Disney songs ever. Scar is pure evil and ambition. He has no feelings toward any member of his family. He just wants to be king and nothing else. He's resentful of his brother Mufasa and eventually executes a plan to kill him and take over. Scar killing Mufasa is ONE OF THE MOST ICONIC MOMENTS IN ALL OF DISNEY HISTORY. PERIODT. And right after, he coldly scares Simba to run away, and then IMMEDIATELY orders Simba's death. Chills.

Scar, of course, made a terrible king. That's also something that I found so interesting about The Lion King. Whether or not Scar/hyenas had killed Simba when he was a cub, Scar would have had an epic downfall. He was too proud to admit he ruined the Pride Lands and that the pride needed to move on. Even if Simba hadn't come back, Scar would have perished, guaranteed. Via the lionesses or hyenas or otherwise. But then at the end when Simba gives him a last chance to leave, SCAR CAN'T DO IT. He is too proud and will never admit defeat. In case you hadn't realized Scar was pure evil by the end of the movie, Scar at the last minute STILL turns on Simba and attacks him after getting a final chance to leave and everything.

But it's his lines and the delivery of those lines by Jeremy Irons that really bring this character over the top for me. Some villains are boring and their screentime is nothing special. Scar is absolutely captivating and a scene-stealer. I'm a little bothered how James Earl Jones reprised his role as Mufasa in the remake but Jeremy Irons was paid dust. At least Jeremy Irons didn't use a black person to sing his songs for him in the original movie.

Scar is loosely based on King Claudius, the evil uncle from Shakespeare's Hamlet who killed Hamlet's dad and married his mom. Wikipedia says that Scar is the first Disney villain to successfully explicitly murder someone. Werk.

ALEX

This is how I like my Disney villain! Scar is a f*cking badass. First of all, shout out to "Be Prepared" which is one of the best Disney songs ever! Scar is a political genius and one of the most competent Disney villains ever made, which is one of the reasons why he is so scary. He's so damn good! Obviously he made some fatal errors, but I mean he's still a Disney villain at the end of the day. It wouldn't be right for Scar to win in the end :dead:. Scar is a ruthless dictator and his rise and fall is extremely compelling. I'm always a fan of political machinations in movies and tv shows, and Scar is one of the best politicians in a Disney movie. He wants the throne so he literally raises an army of hyenas and murders his own brother! Brutal! He should've murdered his nephew too, but that's where he went weak. And in Scar's defense, the hyenas were being treated terribly by the lions! Scar said we eating the rich! King of equality! Unfortunately he never got to finish his job because the dumbass hyenas never murdered Simba like they were supposed to and Simba took Scar down. Scar played so many mindgames on Simba though and had him tortured for the longest time thinking he murdered his own father :dead:. Scar did everything so well in The Lion King and it would've been fun if he won in the end gjadsknfajdlskfnakl. Maybe he should win this game to make up for it!

NICO

I love my villains, plain and simple. And Scar is one of the best imo. Why? He actually won. He actually achieved what he set out to do and had power for a decent amount of time. Most villains can’t relate lbr. But beyond that, he was cold, calculated and precise, and made the move that gave him complete control. If only he could think of ending Simba at the same time lol. Also Be Prepared is a fantastic song and that’s a key component of being anyone relevant in a Disney film (not really but it def boosts you). Idt he’s gonna get a great placement, but hoping for the best.

KALEY

200.gif

We really managed to wind up with some really awesome villains in this final group. What's so cool about it to me is that there are many different types of villains represented here. Scar is definitely one that really scared and intimidated me as a child, and it's easy to see why even on a rewatch as a grown adult. Scar is a character who let his resentment for his brother grow into a hatred so ugly that it led to him killing said brother. It doesn't get much darker than that. What makes Scar so iconic though, and more than just an evil lion, is his sarcasm and wit. Rather than just being snarling and evil, Scar is intelligent and borderline charismatic. That's not to downplay his evilness though... not only does he kill his brother, but he winds up convincing his nephew, Simba, that the whole thing was his fault! This was due to his jealousy at Simba being next in line to be King. He convinces Simba to run away, so he is able to get a taste of power as King before Simba returns. In the end, his ego and tendency to talk crap about his underlings proves to be his downfall. We last see Scar being attacked by the hyenas who once served him.

VICTORIA

200.gif

Scar is a great villain. I'm surprised he made the finals over the more beloved brother, Mufasa, but I guess Scar is in the film more. Scar is the main antagonist of The Lion King. He was introduced in 1994. He is the brother of Mufasa and his nephew is Simba. He was second in line to become kind of the Pride Lands but that all changed when Simba was born. That made Scar jealous and bitter. He killed his brother and made Simba believe he played a part in it. He took over the Pride Lands with the help of the hyenas. Simba comes back and defeats Scar and Scar is eaten alive by the hyenas. The Lion King is very Hamlet-like but it's still an amazing film and Scar is a complex character. He sings the iconic "Be Prepared" in the film.

DEE

giphy.gif

A most-certainly gay, murderous lion? Of course he is one of the greatest Disney characters of all-time. A top-tier villain! Scar is legitimately terrifying. Scar actually succeeds in murdering his own brother in one of the most tragic on-screen deaths in cinematic history.

Every single word that could be used to describe a villain applies to Scar. Vicious, murderous, violent, manipulative, vengeful, cruel, tyrannical, sinister, monstrous, abusive, deceptive. When you think about it, Scar might be the most maniacal villain in Disney history. He wants to destroy life on a grand scale. Scar seeks not just to take over the throne, but to bring an end to the Circle of Life philosophy and ravage the Pride Lands until there is nothing more.

Scar seeks to end life in the Pride Lands as they know it. That is pretty intense. But it makes him such a compelling character. I know this game saw the heroes vs. villains debate quite often, but I do not know how you can appreciate The Lion King and fail to see that Scar is what makes the movie so good.

The scene where he murders Mufasa and then convinces Simba that the death is his fault? Iconic villainy. The scene where he strikes Sarabi? Iconic villainy. The scene where he fights Simba in a fiery battlefield? Iconic villainy.

Super happy to see Scar represent for the villains in the finals. A villain the really drives the story in one of the greatest Disney films of all-time. A villain with a delightfully cunning personality, voiced by Jeremy Irons to perfection. Scar deserves this, and I somehow hope that he earns a higher ranking than Simba!

CHRIS

tumblr_nphqv6akCk1st0dt8o2_500.gif

I love "The Lion King" but I cannot find myself to stan or even like Scar hence why he finds himself at the lower end of my ranking.

DENISE

cvJMeRU.gif

I absolutely love The Lion King and we know Scar is the villain of that very movie.  I do not love all villains, although I can recognize when they are strong and important characters. The plot of The Lion King would not exist without Scar, but that doesn't mean I have to love him. Life would have been a heck of a lot less stressful for Simba, and Mufasa would still be alive without him, after all. (!) Scar is greedy and power-hungry, so much so that he will kill his own brother, and attempt to kill his nephew, so he can take the throne. We hate to see it, but it all works out in the end when good prevails, as it always WILL.  But yeah, Scar has a dark heart and such a scary aura about him. I really do not like him because he's evil, lol, but obviously makes for a strong character and as I said, drives the plot forward. He is still responsible for the saddest animated scene of my childhood and that cannot be undone! Long live Mufasa. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif At least Simba also made the final ranking, even if Scar might outlast him. We shall see.

MEGAN

Scar killed Mufasa. Jealousy I assume because Mufasa is buff and hot and Scar is scrawny and the lion version of an incel. Mufasa is the Chad, Scar is the virgin. They did get Chiwetel Ejiofor to voice him in the live action version who is hotter than Jeremy Irons who voiced him in the animated version. Scar is fine. Scar exists. Scar is there.

Alex

3. Cruella de Vil

6. Scar

7. Quasimodo

8. Mike Wazowski

13. Jasmine

17. Russell 

19. Moana

20. Jack Skellington

22. Alice

25. The Beast

Chris

8. The Beast

11. Jasmine

12. Moana

14. Quasimodo

15. Mike Wazowski

16. Russell 

19. Jack Skellington

21. Scar

22. Cruella de Vil

23. Alice

Dee

1. Jack Skellington

6. Russell 

9. Quasimodo

13. Mike Wazowski

14. Scar

15. Cruella de Vil

19. Jasmine

20. Alice

24. Moana

25. The Beast

Denise

1. Moana

5. Alice

9. Jasmine

15. Quasimodo

18. Jack Skellington

19. The Beast

20. Russell 

22. Scar

23. Mike Wazowski

24. Cruella de Vil

Derek

1. Scar

4. Russell 

10. Cruella de Vil

12. The Beast

15.  Mike Wazowski

19. Moana

20. Alice

21. Quasimodo

22. Jasmine

25. Jack Skellington

Kaley

2. Alice

6. Cruella de Vil

12. Scar

15. Jack Skellington

17. The Beast

20. Quasimodo

21. Jasmine

22. Russell 

23. Moana

24. Mike Wazowski

Megan

8. Moana

11. Russell 

12. The Beast

15. Jack Skellington

17. Cruella de Vil

19. Mike Wazowski

20. Jasmine

23. Scar

24. Quasimodo

25. Alice

Nico

7. Scar

8. Cruella de Vil

11. Quasimodo

14. Alice

15. Mike Wazowski

18. Moana

19. Russell 

22. Jack Skellington

23. Jasmine

24. The Beast

Victoria

2. The Beast

5. Jasmine

11. Mike Wazowski

12. Alice

13. Scar

14. Russell 

18. Moana

19. Cruella de Vil

22. Jack Skellington

23. Quasimodo

Public

3. Jasmine

5. Alice

9. Moana

13. The Beast

16. Quasimodo

18. Mike Wazowski

19. Jack Skellington

20. Cruella de Vil

23. Russell 

24. Scar

Great write-up Derek. Maybe if I muster the energy to watch The Lion King ever again in my entire life (likely but also may not happen for 20 years we will see) I will appreciate Scar more as a villain. But honestly, I'm just not a Lion King fan so Scar ranked lower in my rankings than the other villains I applied my anti-villain stance to.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I'm really baffled by the public #25. Everyone remaining seems generally popular and the public usually follows the consensus. Maybe WALL-E?

well as we know, wally made 3 dummy accounts to vote so wall-e is definitely the #25 for the public. because he's so jealous that a disney character would dare have a similar name to him and therefore he refuses to ever watch the movie.

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

well as we know, wally made 3 dummy accounts to vote so wall-e is definitely the #25 for the public. because he's so jealous that a disney character would dare have a similar name to him and therefore he refuses to ever watch the movie.

Wally can watch 19 seasons of drag race in two months but can't be arsed to watch Up or Wall-e, smh