DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

Jana Pallaske

This was a tricky decision of what to do with the cut as I was considering cutting someone I didn’t know or maybe cutting some i do know to give them good write-ups but ultimately, I decided to go with the former with cutting Jana Pallaske. Jana Pallaske is an actress, who competed on Let’s Dance Germany Season 9 where she was partnered with Massimo Sinato. She finished 3rd this season performing 19s dances with an impressive 27.0 average - which was tied with the highest average of the season, alongside winner Victoria Swarovski. Let’s take a look at her run.

Week 1: Cha-Cha to “Sugar” scoring a 26 (10/8/8)

Week 2: Jive to “Flash Mich” scoring a 25 (9/8/8)

Week 3: Tango to “Let’s Dance” scoring a 30 (10/10/10)

Week 4: Viennese Waltz to “Nothing Else Matters” scoring a 27 (10/10/7) and Girl Group Freestyle to “Wannabe” scoring 4 (out of 10)

Week 5: Rumba to “Will You Love Me Tomorrow?” scoring a 25 (9/8/8)

Week 6: Slowfox to “You Can Leave Your Hat On” scoring a 26 (10/10/6)

Week 7: Samba to “Bailando” scoring a 24 (9/8/7) and Team Heart-Core Freestyle to “Sail” scoring a 21 (7/7/7)

Week 8: Lambada to “Lambada” scoring a 29 (10/10/9)

Week 9: Quickstep to “The Way To Your Heart” scoring a 28 (10/9/9) and Rumba Dance Duel to “After Dark” (against Sarah & Robert) scoring a 29 (10/10/9)

Week 10: Salsa to “El Mismo Soi” scoring a 28 (10/9/9) and Argentine Tango & Rumba Fusion to “Hello” scoring a 30 (10/10/10)

Week 11: Paso Doble to “”Iron” scoring a 27 (10/9/8), Contemporary to “True Colors”  scoring a 30 (10/10/10) and Cha-Cha to “Cake By the Ocean” scoring a 22 (8/8/6)

Week 12: Jive to “One Way or Another” scoring a 26 (9/9/8), Tango reprisal to “Let’s Dance” scoring a 30 (10/10/10) and Freestyle to “The Hunger Games Medley” scoring a 30 (10/10/10)

Here are some of Jana’s dances here: 

(a montage of all of her dances)

Jana is a really stunning and great dancer. I am definitely sure I would have rooted for her had I seen her season. But sadly i haven’t so i don’t have that connection to her. :( But Jana is great and deserved to make the finale.

Saving: Saffron Barker

saffron-baker-aj-pritchard-t.jpg?filter=

Jessica Taylor

11_01_DANCING_ON_ICE_19_0.jpg

I am torn again here between wanting to cut more DOI people, and also loving some DOI people. :haha: Jorgie is one of my fave DOI contestants and my fave of these noms so I've saved her... and while I love Jessica, I'm going to cut her here, but I'm glad to do so because I really didn't expect for her to make it this far 😮 Making it over halfway is far beyond what I expected.

Jessica was on Dancing on Ice all the way back in Series 4, in 2009. She was a member of an early-mid 2000s pop group called Liberty X, who had good success in the UK (and so many bops. :wub:) When it comes to Series 4... it was very much a one-horse race. Ray Quinn was far and away the strongest skater of the season, topping the leaderboard every week he competed. This involved no ties either... Ray held that top spot from start to finish. It was clear that he was winning the season, and therefore I found myself rooting for somewhat of an underdog - Jessica. Jessica was a great skater who essentially got paid dust because everybody knew Ray was going to win, so despite how good she was and how she improved, unfortunately there was never a real chance for her to win.

Over the season, Jessica scored fairly strong, and was second in the averages behind Ray. She struggled in the viewer votes, however, which led to two skate-offs prior to the finals. However, she kinda got Stacy Keibler/Normani'd in the finals. Not comparing her to either of the two because she wasn't as strong as they were in their runs, but in what should have been a two-horse race in the finals, Jessica got beaten out by a mediocre male celebrity who became the underdog because he improved over the season, to a spot in the top 2.

I've linked a really pretty skate from Jessica and her partner Pavel, to Toni Braxton's "Unbreak My Heart", below. I think this is a more than pleasing finish for Jessica and surprised but glad she made it so far!

Saving Jorgie Porter

Anna Patricia Gámez

Así fue el paso de Ana Patricia por la pista de Mira Quién Baila | Shows  Despierta América | Univision

I have decided to cut Anna as I am unfamiliar with her and there is not a lot of information about her season on Wikipedia other than basics. She a telveision presenter, who competed on the 5th season of Mira Quien Baila, where she were the runner-up. So Mira Quien Baila is different (I think someone mentioned this earlier, can't remember who though), where the dances are not scored, however critiqued. I was looking through the Wikipedia for this season, and it looks like she was never ranked any higher than 3rd, and based on the rest of the nominations this round I am happy to cut her here, since I don't think many people know her on here.

SAVE: Tim Campbell

43 minutes ago, Stephhyy said:

Anna Patricia Gámez

Así fue el paso de Ana Patricia por la pista de Mira Quién Baila | Shows  Despierta América | Univision

I have decided to cut Anna as I am unfamiliar with her and there is not a lot of information about her season on Wikipedia other than basics. She a telveision presenter, who competed on the 5th season of Mira Quien Baila, where she were the runner-up. So Mira Quien Baila is different (I think someone mentioned this earlier, can't remember who though), where the dances are not scored, however critiqued. I was looking through the Wikipedia for this season, and it looks like she was never ranked any higher than 3rd, and based on the rest of the nominations this round I am happy to cut her here, since I don't think many people know her on here.

SAVE: Tim Campbell

That would be I. :giggle:  And I know herrr. :giggle:  

But lol no, its totally fine. I did really like Anna Patricia and think she was my favorite of her season. She's super gorgeous and was a great dancer on there. :wub: This is a great spot for her and happy she got this far. ❤️ But yeah, it's hard finding info on the MQB contestants, as the wiki pages doesn't provide much info on their season.

Ooh and Jessica Taylor is also gorgeous. :wub:  Had no idea she was in Liberty X but that's cool to learn. Great job  getting her so far in this game, Lily! 😄 

LEO MIGGIORIN

4GAdQptO_400x400.jpg

A Brasilian actor, Leo Miggiorin was a contestant on the inagaural seaosn of Dancing Brasil in 2017. On the show, he was partnered with Dani de Lova where they finished in third place. After watching the videos of all the celebrities from Dancing Brasil that are featured in this rankdown, Leo Miggiorin was easily my favourite - I was truly impressed by his talent & I feel that he should have won over Mayte Piragibe.  As I was watching the videos from Dancing Brasil, I took notes of my thoughts regarding each routines, so these are my thoughts regarding the dances performed by Leo & Dani;

• Week 1 - Tango (Roxanne - The Police): I absolutely love this song, and I love that they used the Moulin Rouge's arrangement of the song. And this song is perfect for a Tango.  Onto the routine now, this was a super strong tango especially for Week 1. And I really enjoyed the choreography of the routine especially how theatrical it was. And the judges agreed as they were given a score of 27 out of 30! 

• Week 2 - Salsa (Get Lucky - Daft Punk): This routine was a bit of step back compare to his first routine which was expected to happen. But overall, the routine was super fun & he held his own - it was exactly what I expect from a Salsa. He scored 23 out of 30.

•    Week 3 - Waltz (Smile - Michael Jackson): After a mediocre routine to his standard, Leo came back strong with a Waltz to "Smile" by Michael Jackson for Movie Week. And the routine was choreographed beautifully, and Leo showcased how strong of a dancer he is. And again, I love how there was some theatrical aspect in the routine. He scored 27 out of 30!

• Week 4 - Rumba (I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith): First of all, the storytelling in this routine was beautifully done - you could feel every ounce of emotion in it especially his and Dani's connection. Now onto the dancing, he pretty much delivered a perfect rumba if I am being honest - he got 28 out of 30 for this routine. 

• Week 5 - Paso Doble (The Best - Tina Turner): "The Best" is one of my favourite song of all-time & I never thought that I would see a Paso Doble to it - I was blown away by how they managed to make the song work for the Paso. Overall, the routine was excellent - he really showcased his dancer ability with some great lines. However, he was missing intensity but overall, I really enjoyed this routine. He scored 23 out of 30 for this routine, near the bottom of the leaderboard - not sure if everyone's good as him but the judges sure love to give high scores.

• Week 6 - Foxtrot (September - Earth, Wind & Fire): This was an interesting routine - the judges loved it, and his dancing was good. But I didn't really care for it? The fact I don't really care for Foxtrot probably played a factor, but still a good routine. 

• Week 7 - Quickstep (Festa do Estica e Puxa): The routine was fun and he did the best with what was given to him; probably one of my least favourite routine of his - he scored a 24 out of 30, which is crazy that this scored high than his Paso Doble. 

• Week 8 - Musical Jazz (Friend Like Me - Neyo): For this week, it was the switch-up week where Leo was partnered with Barbara. They danced a flawless Musical Jazz routine - it was perfection. Everything about the routine was perfect from the dancing to choreography to the theatrically of it all.  And this was a perfect 30 for him! 

• Week 9 - Jive (Proud Mary - Tina Turner): A jive to one of the most overdone song of all-time always results to a perfect routine. And this was no exception - it was amazing from his foot work to his lines and their partnership. Not my favourite Jive to this song but it's up there - another perfect score for his!

• Week 10 - Zouk ("Eu Só Quero Um Xodó"): I don't know enough about Zouk to judge it, but it was a fun routine. He scored 26 out of 30, so a bit of a letdown.

•  Week 11 - Cha Cha Cha (Everything - Michael Buble): This is exactly what I expect from a Cha Cha Cha - it was PERFECTION! There's nothing more to say beside that the judges agreed with my assessment as it got a perfect score. 

• Week 12 - Bolero (Don't Know Why - Norah Jones): This is a genre that I am not familiar with, but I fell in love with after this routine - it was beautifully danced, and enjoyed the choreography. A score of 29 out of 30!

• Week 12 - Samba (Madalena - Sandy): A fun routine, but not his best. 

• Week 13 - Salsa (Vivir Mi Vida - Marc Anthony): A huge improvement from his first Salsa which really showcase how great of a dancer he is. This score 28 out of 30!

• Week 13 - Charleston (Cabaret - Liza Minnelli): Flawless routine - everything about this Charleston was on point. A perfect score!

• Week 13 - Tango (I Have Nothing - Whitney Houston): I was truly confused by the song choice & I am still unsure if it worked or not. But with that being said, the routine was near perfection - I love the blindfold part which helped us see that he turned into a dancer. And the choreography was great so was his dancing, but again the song didn't really fit the routine? I think another song would have made it into a flawless routine where he would have gotten another 30. 

Anyway, I absolutely love Leo & he is everything I would like to see from male celebrities on these show - I wanted to carry him further but I also want us to have more celebrities that we are familiar with hence why I nominated him. At the end of the day, I got him to win Dancing Brasil Season 1 in this rankdown without really having to campaign for him. And now, here are some of the routines mentioned above:

Edited by *Chris

Great write-up on Leo, Chris! 

I do remember watching a few of the Dancing Brasil dances a few years ago but did think I preferred Mayte but Leo is great in his own right. I don’t mind him winning DB1 here. Watching his dances, he does have a lot of really great dances. Well done to him making it this far!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yeah I would suggest waiting a few days for a new ranker after the cycle ends, which you did. :yes:  Anyone is welcome should they join! 

Looking forward to the next cycle though. ❤️ 

I also agree with this and anyone is welcome to join