DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

Fred Cooke

WATCH: Fred Cooke Reveals What 'So Hard' About Dancing with the Stars

Ok so I had a whole write-up written out where I talked about watching Fred's dances for the first time and commenting on each of them. And of course I accidentally closed the tab and lost it. :dead: The one time IDF doesn't save my comment of course. But ok, I'll try and keep it more brief this time whilst still sharing my thoughts on his run. I didn't know too much about Fred on his season other than I remembered he made it very far and was one of the weaker dances. His journey was very interesting to me on first watch, because it was mostly weaker dances but then here and there, he would have a surprisingly good number which I didn't see coming? The Charleston so early on was a great example of this. It was perfect for him and not only did he get into the character, he also did great with the actual technique of the routine. Same for the Quickstep. Although it didn't always work. A lot of the routines it felt like he went way OTT into the characterisation but then there was a LOT of mess going on in the actual dance. :haha: I am glad to see, however, that Fred did have improvement over the season. There were still some off moments here and there, but he had a much better grasp of the routines in the later weeks. That Charleston is definitely a key example for me and one I really enjoyed, so I'll share it here to finish the write-up.

Saving Jeremy Vine

Seann Walsh

Seann Walsh and Katya Jones address kiss in 'intense' interview ...

Omg what an uncomfortable part of Strictly history Seann Walsh made. Everything started so innocent. Paired with the reigning champ, Seann came in as a little-known comedian who wanted to raise his profile but not in the way he ended up doing. He struggled in the early weeks, and then on Movie Week, had a really surprising breakthrough. His Paso Doble with Katya was praised by the judges, the audience loved it, everyone was commending Katya for her miracle-working choreography, Seann's girlfriend was tearfully beaming in the audience... for a hot minute they were underdogs. And then, not even 24 hours later, that all went. When the paparazzi caught Seann and Katya, both in relationships (not anymore), drunkenly kissing after a night out.

To state the obvious, paparazzi suck, and if you end up on Strictly, they're gonna go after your every move now because they want to have a story about the curse. So while I feel bad for anyone who is put under the insane media scrutiny that they are.. god, this led to one of the most insane weeks in Strictly. Katya's husband Neil, a pro on the show, remained totally silent. Seann's girlfriend at the time, who had just been in the audience cheering him on, put out a statement revealing they were no longer together. People wondered if Seann and Katya would just drop out of the show, then they gave a really sombre interview/apology on It Takes Two and they carried on as normal. But it was never normal again, really. They came back to dance the following Saturday and everyone just acted like nothing happened when literally everyone knew, it was front-page news. The following week, Seann ended up in the bottom two against Vick Hope, and I feel like the show should have just given Seann the boot as Vick had more potential but got stuck with a really bad dance (and a bad partner). But I guess Seann had a better night and I guess they want drama. The public rehabilitation didn't work at all though and Seann ended up going home the next week. I think the whole situation affected his career, which sucks, I don't think it's something he deserved to get cancelled for. But also his girlfriend's statement was super damaging, and so I can't say I ever really liked him after that (not that I did much before lol). Anyway, they're fair cuts at this point I think.

Saving Thalia Heffernan

2 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

@*Wallace Loved your hilarious write-up about Nancy 😆

I think you were pretty spot on about Adam Brand, however that season was a mess in general in terms of eliminations. But I think because there were so many Channel 7 celebrities that season (4 a in total at the time), Adam slid through the cracks. I don't remember being them having a showmance angle until the finale, I think. I really don't remember any of his journey, which says a lot.

Thank you. :giggle: 

LOL yikes at not remembering a lot about his journey says a lot on how forgettable he was. :lmao: Ughh yeah I saw that the elimination order was really whack that order. Yeah from watching a few videos one of the judges mentioned something about "if you read what the papers are saying they've been rehearsing that a lot" regarding their Rumba. :lmao: So I guess that was the only reference made? Kinda surprised.

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Nancy. Ugh what a legend. One of the greatest 'comedy' characters of Strictly IMO :wub:

An icon! :wub: :dead: 

LOL I was considering cutting Seann Walsh but figured someone else would. Yeahh Lily said it all perfectly. That scandal with him & Katya was all kinds of wrong and awkward.... and just made watching them on the show awkward to watch every time they performed (and didn't perform). Sucks to hear that scandal really ruined Seann's career though. It seems Katya got to move on from it swiftly without it affecting her career.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, *Chris said:

CHRIS HEMSWORTH 
chris-hemsworth-dance-gif-3.gif chris-hemsworth-dance-gif-1.gif

Many of us know Chris Hemsworth for his work as Thor, or for being Liam Hemsworth's brother, but he made a name for himself in Australia where he was part of Home and Away, like many other Australian celebrities. And his appearance on that show led him to appear on the 5th season of Dancing With The Stars: Australia, which aired in 2006. On the show, he was partnered with Abby Ross, and he finished in 6th place which was quite generous considering his routines.  Here's a quick rundown of his journey on Dancing With The Stars: Australia:

• Week 1: He danced a Waltz, and scored 18 out of 40.
  • Week 2: He danced a Rumba to "Babylon", and received a score of 20 out of 40.
  • Week 3: He danced a Tango which scored 20.
  • Week 4: His best dance for which he received 29 out of 40.
  • Week 5: Everyone danced a Samba, and his score was a 28 - it's quite hilarious to see him in this routine, it's kinda hard to not see him as Thor when watching it. 
  • Week 6: He danced a Foxtrot, which was not a terrible routine but you would expect better during the 6th week. He received a score of 24 out of 40. 
  • Week 7: His last week where he danced 2 dances - the first being a Salsa which earned him a score of 21, and the second routine was a West Coast Swing which earned him a score of 28 out of 40. 

With a bunch of mediocre routines, it makes you wonder if he made it so far due to his name or his looks. Anyway, the ended up in 7th place when it comes to the average score for which he was tired with Fiona whom was eliminated during the 2nd week of competition - he was obviously not a natural dancer... It seems that many people forgot that he ever appeared on DWTS, and those who remembers make sure to ask Abby about him. 

SAVING: HÉLOÏSE MARTIN

Updated!

Will updated the other write-up, tomorrow.

On 4/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, *Chris said:

ED BALLS

tenor.gif?itemid=7245545 io7eyt2.gif?noredirect

Who is Ed Balls? He is a former politician who served as a Member of Parliament from 2005 to 2015, and he belongs to the Labor party where he ran for its leadership in 2010. But for many of us, Ed Balls is best known for his appearance on Series 14 of Strictly Come Dancing where he was partnered with Katya Jones, her first season as a professional. On the show, Ed could be described as the novelty act of the season where he managed to make it all the way to the 10th week of competition - he certainly overstayed his welcome on the show where he was not taken seriously by anyone, and the public really rallied behind him. But with that being said, let's take a look at some of his eccentric routine;

• Week 1 - Waltz to "Are You Lonesome Tonight": Exactly the kind of routine, you expect as a first routine - nothing special, and you realize that Ed is the fodder of this year's series.
  • Week 2 - Charleston to "The Banjo's Back in Town": With this routine, you then realize that he got the move, for better or worst. And he's clearly the "fun" contestant of the year; they got a score of 23 out of 40, due to a score of 3.
  • Week 3 - Samba to "Cuban's Pete": You're starting to have hope that he may be leaving after this routine which earned a score of 24. But nope, he survives another week without landing in the bottom.
  • Week 4 - Paso Doble to "Holding Out For A Hero": A routine that was cringe worthy, and you realize that he is a novelty act, and you cannot wait for him to leave. But that's not the case even with a score of 16 from the judges, the public love to root for him so he avoids the bottom
  • Week 5 - American Smooth to "(Is This The Way To) Amarillo": We officially had enough of Ed, and so did the judges with a score of 18. But guess what? He avoids the bottom.
  • Week 6 - Cha Cha to "Love Potion No. 9": An eccentric routine a la Ed! One of his better routine to date, but still very weak and not enough to root for him as he's been overstaying his welcome.
  • Week 7 - Quickstep to "Help!": Very theatrical, and shows that he does good with speed because this routine was fun, but a little too late to give us some routine of quality.
  • Week 8 - Salsa to "Gangnam Style": Now, this hot mess of a routine which was clearly overscored in my opinion - it was very Ed but again, we were praying that it would be his routine but clearly wasn't happening with the judges giving him a score of 25. 
  • Week 9 - Jive to "Great Balls of Fire": Not a routine worthy of the 9th week of competition but he makes it through, and Greg & Natalie becomes victim of Ed's overstaying.
  • Week 10 - Tango to "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction": Meh, thank god he was finally eliminated.

Anyway, Ed Balls overstayed his welcome by giving us eccentrict and fun routines, and we should not be surprised considering his popularity as a politician among Labor voters and in his district. But it is important to take note that despite almost making the quarterfinal, he ends up in 14th place when we take his average scores in consideration. The silver lining of his elimination is that he's not overstaying his welcome in this rankdown!

SAVING: CORNEILLE

Updated!

LOL Hilarious write-up on Ed Balls there, Chris. :dead: He's had a few hot mess fun routines and an actual decent Quickstep, but he is definitely the classic overstayer for sure. And whoa he was really 14th (out of 15) in averages for Series 14? That's a #BIGYIKES.

Oh and it will always be crazy to me of Chris Hemsworth doing DWTS Australia. :lmao: I saw clips of a few of his dances but want to check out more, even though I know they won't be too good. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL Hilarious write-up on Ed Balls there, Chris. :dead: He's had a few hot mess fun routines and an actual decent Quickstep, but he is definitely the classic overstayer for sure. And whoa he was really 14th (out of 15) in averages for Series 14? That's a #BIGYIKES.

Oh and it will always be crazy to me of Chris Hemsworth doing DWTS Australia. :lmao: I saw clips of a few of his dances but want to check out more, even though I know they won't be too good. :haha: 

Yes, 14th out of 15 with a score of  22.6 :haha:

Still need to read yours, which I'll make sure to read at some point today!

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Those Ed Balls gifs. :dead: 

If Richard doesn’t have write-ups posted by Midnight Eastern Time, someone else can do the write-ups.

That's fair. But I won't have time to do write-ups before then, so I hand it over o the first person who can.

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Those Ed Balls gifs. :dead: 

If Richard doesn’t have write-ups posted by Midnight Eastern Time, someone else can do the write-ups.

I had to use them - I was dying when I found those :haha: 

@*Chris Chris Hemsworth's partners' name is spelled Abbey, you forgot the e in between the last b and y.

Loved your write-up on him though, as he ws on the show due to being on Home and Away, but since he has gotten more recognized since then, people forget that he was on Dancing with the Stars.

Funny gifs and writ-up on Ed Balls

1 hour ago, Stephhyy said:

@*Chris Chris Hemsworth's partners' name is spelled Abbey, you forgot the e in between the last b and y.

Loved your write-up on him though, as he ws on the show due to being on Home and Away, but since he has gotten more recognized since then, people forget that he was on Dancing with the Stars.

Thanks, fixed it! 

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

I had to use them - I was dying when I found those :haha: 

Lol those are such classic gifs. :lmao: 

1 hour ago, Stephhyy said:

LOL it's so similar to Kim Kardashian doing DWTS. :haha: 

MELVIN ODOOM

Melvin Odoom is a TV and Radio presenter who was on season 14 of Strictly Come Dancing and was partnered with Janette (poor man). Because Janette sucks and Ed Balls was popular, they were eliminated first and had the lowest average score of the whole season, a 22.5 And then, for some reason, they kept inviting him back. He and Janette had a bit on It Takes Two (which means this is the first time I've been glad we don't have something like it for DWTS, because we all know B*bby B*n*s would be on it all the motherflipping time.) And then, for some reason, he did the Christmas Special that year as well where he was partnered with Janette again, got a Charleston and a 40 for some reason, and somehow won over objectively better dancers Denise, Frankie, Dr. Pamela, and Gethin. How the f*ck did that happen? Again Melvin Odoom clearly has some sort of blackmail on the producers and keeps forcing himself on our televisions because of it. So I'm glad I get to cut him here.

BRIAN DOWLING

Brian-Dowling-Kai-Widdrington-2.jpg

Brian Dowling is also a TV presenter, but Irish. He won Big Brother in 2001 and is the Andy Cohen for The Real Housewives of Cheshire which sounds hellacious. He was on the 4th season of DWTS Ireland where he was the fourth eliminee out of 11 contestants and was perfectly fine. Also, apparently the average score for over half the contestants that season was under 20 in a 30 point system. We love to see it. He was never the best but also never the worst. Now, to pay him a compliment before he gets brutally eliminated, in their Switch-Up week, he was partnered with a male, making him the first celebrity in a temporary same-sex partnership. Yay progress!