DWTS International Rankdown

*Amanda

Darren Gough

ebbe3afa856e03692dbb44750ebea3f3.jpg

I think Darren really goes down as Strictly's first big underdog story. The past two seasons were won by the frontrunner contestants, and so Darren really represented the every-man that Strictly viewers seem to love. His transformation from what I remember was pretty good! He started off not so great, seeming a little out of place and being one of the lower scorers of the first week. And from then on, he seemed to really step it up. Lilia was a great pro, and they formed a great bond, which helped him really excel especially in the ballroom. While he was never at the front of the pack, he consistently delivered entertaining performances, and had a good night in the finale with three strong numbers. Both Zoe Ball and Colin Jackson were the frontrunners of the season, but I think Zoe didn't really win over the votes, and in the finale, Colin didn't have a great night - his Showdance was not too well-received and left people a little underwhelmed. Meanwhile, Darren delivered a fun crowd-pleasing number which gave him the win. 

Something crazy impressive about Darren was that including Christmas specials, he won three competitions. 😮 Being Series 3, and two of the Christmas specials in 2005 and 2007. So yeah, he was a big fan favorite and it was fun to see his journey on the show. I'll post his Showdance below, which feels so old-school looking back because it feels so stripped-down in production and all. :haha: And looking back at his dancing here... it's kinda crazy to think this was a winning performance. :dead: So I think he's a fair cut, now.

Saving Amara La Negra

Ganna Rizatdinova

Jenni's Obsessions — Ganna Rizatdinova @ Dancing with the stars Ukraine...Ganna Rizatdinova is a rhythmic gymanst who won bronze in the all-round event in the 2016 Olympic Games. She competed on the 7th Season of the Ukrainian version of Dancing with the Stars (also known as Tantsi z Zirkamy) where she placed second with Oleksandr Prokhorov. There is not much information on her season on Wikipedia (as they don't really cover much of the International versions as much), however I did watch her Tango, which was great. I think with a lot more research and trying to watch more of her dances I would have saved her, but I think this is the right spot for her to go out on as I think we don't have a lot of information.

SAVING: Rob Palmer

On 10/30/2020 at 9:36 AM, *Chris said:

Really torn on who to cut #choices

21 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

Same, I know who to save.

Just letting you know that I have been a bit sick with anxiety, so I will try to make my cut and save in a few hours

Oops, sorry about that, you two. But on the bright side, at least it's a struggle of who to cut rather than who to save? :haha: 

Sorry to hear about you being sick with anxiety there, Steph. Hope you will feel better. :( :hug: 

On 10/30/2020 at 1:20 PM, *Amanda said:

Can we get these cuts in soon?

Already planning on having a mass elimination next cycle because this Rankdown is moving at a snail’s pace even after Richard stepped down. :dead: 

Ugh no, this really terrifies me as I like/love sooo many of the remaining celebs, and they're all really good. :dead: :lmao: 

b881807146z1_20190214094406_000gqd1dkger4-0-zgee3e7g8towqmtusr2_fct2538x1429x419_ct1880x930.jpg

Grant Denyer was best known for his work as a motor racing driver as well as a television presenter in his home country of Australia. Prior to hosting the Australian edition of Dancing With The Stars, Grant Denyer competed on the show during the 4th season in 2006 where he was partnered with Amanda Garner. On the show, Grant truly came into his own - he scored a 25 during the first week to improve it to a score of 31 during the third week. His journey was far from perfect with having delivering routines that matched his score of the first week - those routines were during 5th and 6th week of the competition. What was remarkable from Grant is how he was able to come back from these routines - he would score a near perfect score for his Paso Doble during the 7th week of the competition. For the remainder of the competition, his scores played around the 30 to 40 mark - his score overall was a 31.43 out of 40, and he ended up winning the competition with his partner. In my opinion, Grant is far from the best dancer to appear on the show but his determination was appreciated. And his best dance is easily his Paso Doble, as seen based on his score.

SAVING: EMMA BARTON

I really enjoy Grant as the host of DWTSAU and became a fan of his through there. But yeah he is one of the weaker dancers remaining, so a fair cut at this point. Really likab le and personable guy so i can et how he won.

Also forgot to comment on Darren. But it goes to show how different Strictly was back then. He was a journey contestant for sure, but I couldn't see him anywhere near winning these days. :haha: He had some good dances and had the determination but Colin & Zoe were much better. So I remember being disappointed with the result when he won (or well when I watched the season back).

And 3 times nominating Emma Barton and I still can't get her out? :dead: 

tenor.gif

Clelia Murphy

0_JS171952309.jpg

Clelia Murphy is an actress (known for starring on Fair City) who competed on Dancing with the Stars Ireland Season 3. Clelia was partnered with Vitali Kozmin and they finished at 5th place on the season with a 23.3 average. I really enjoyed Clelia’s partnership with Vitali and thought they gelled well. Vitali is one of the best male pros/one of my fave male pros on the Ireland series, although Clelia was my least of his partners. Gosh this game is getting harder because we do have to end up nominating and targeting dancers we like, eliminating and all of that at this point. I do like Clelia well enough but do think she is probably amongst the weaker dancers right now, so a fair at this point. I do think Cliona, Johnny and Miread were definitely the rightful Top 3 of that season so I am glad that happens here. But I am glad Clelia made it this far, and got her rightful 4th place spot of DWTSIRL3. I will break down her run below.

Week 2: Jive to “Tell Her About It” scoring a 19 (5/7/7)

Week 3: Tango to “Verano Porteño” scoring a 21 (7/7/7)

Week 4: Salsa to “Night Fever” scoring a 26 (8/9/9)

Week 5: Viennese Waltz to “The Fair City Waltz” scoring a 21 (7/7/7)

Week 8: Quickstep (with John) to “Stop Me From Falling” scoring a 24 (8/8/8) 

Week 7: Cha-Cha to “She’s a Lady” scoring a 23 (7/8/8) 

Week 8: Paso Doble to “Funiculi, Funiculâ” scoring a 25 (8/8/9) - Bottom 2 against Peter & Ksenia, but won via unanimous 3-0 vote.

Week 9: Charleston to “I Got Rhythm” scoring a 26 (8/9/9) and Team Past Freestyle with Clionia & Robert and Denis & Valeria to “All That Jazz (Castro Remix)” scoring a 29 (9/10/10) - Bottom 2 against Denis & Valeria, but won with a 2-1 vote

Week 10: Waltz to “All Kinds of Everything” scoring a 19 (6/6/7) - Bottom 2 against Fred & Giulia, but lost via unanimous 3-0 vote.

Clelia’s journey on the show was kind of a roller coaster for me as it was quite an up and down run. She had some great dances, some decent dances an some mediocre dances. I would say her standouts were her Salsa, Paso Doble and Charleston, especially. I thought those dances were all her shining moments. 

I’d also give a shout-out to her Tango, Quickstep and Cha-Cha as I enjoyed those dances too. I did feel bad for Clelia towards the end as she landed in the Bottom 2 three weeks in a row, and it was very discouraging for her to go through that. :( The judges did cause some controversy as comedian Fred Cooke was a much weaker dancer throughout and even had a lower scoring dance than Cleila - yet he won the majority vote in the dance-off. This decision cause controversy from what i read through the DWTSIRL social media and forum threads, as well as on IDF. I felt like the judges wanted to take Clelia out of her misery for being in the Bottom 2 so much? Or they were really against her that week as they really underscored her Waltz (which sure it had its mistakes but should have been all 7s), and she was out before Fred in the Eurothon competition getting only +1 point. So the agenda against her was strong. 😐 I do think Clelia deserved one more week but ah well. At least she got some redemption here. I will post some of her dances below.

The majority of the rankers saved: Daniele "Dany" Hypólito

estrelas-28062019175912511