Dillon James Galanski Fan Thread

Idol Maniac

in a recent instagram story Dillon plays the guitar in a very unusual way. there is a name for that if someone knows. also there is an instrument in country music that reminds of what he did. so if someone can help and name the instrument and the method of that playing, thank you! 

🙂

you should get his album. that is the best way to show your support. it is really excellent. and he sounds so much better singing his own songs over the covers from the show. the album include the two songs he did during the auditions and in hollywood week, Tierra Dulce and Gunsmoke. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dillon posted the short acoustic set on his instagram. apparently it was part of a virtual event some local business had  that he was part of. still he sounded really good. and the video answered a long time question idol fans been asking about the equipment they received. at least he's putting it for good use!! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it has to be a a record deal!!!!!!!!! :clap::w00tbounce::thumbsup::spaz::ohyeah:

look what I found: https://www.backstage.com/casting/american-idol-season-4-singers-artists-musicians-original-artists-performers-nationwide-360898/

recent Idol contestants:
*Gabby Barrett - @gabbybarrett_ 
Signed to Warner Music Nashville.  
Currently has the #1 streaming country song and #2 country radio song in US.  
Over 300 million streams.  570K Instagram followers.
*Alejandro Aranda - @scarypoolparty
Performed original music on Idol. 
Signed with Hollywood Records, Performed 30 city sold-out tour, Life Is Beautiful Fest and Lollapalooza, 
677K Instagram followers. 
*Lacey Kaye Booth - @lacikayebooth
Recently signed to Big Machine Records
250K Instagram followers.  
www.lacikayebooth.com          
*Dillon James - @dillonjames
21- 2020 Idol finalist.  www.dillonjames.com 
Signed to Hollywood Records & Universal Music Nashville. 
122K Instagram followers.

:shock:

also on his recent instagram post it sounded like he was on a plane.. 

just noticed that almost everyone from season 18 congratulated Dillon on his new record deal except sam, arthur and jonny. wonder what is up with them not able to show some support. at least dillon took his time to thank everyone personally. 

1 hour ago, blackfield said:

just noticed that almost everyone from season 18 congratulated Dillon on his new record deal except sam, arthur and jonny. wonder what is up with them not able to show some support. at least dillon took his time to thank everyone personally. 

I never thought I would post on a Dillon James fan thread, but here I am! 😅 This post just interested me. My guess is that Arthur and Jonny just haven’t been following Dillon’s career or didn’t care to congratulate him if they have. Just Sam doesn’t seem too active on social media, so maybe that’s why she hasn’t said anything. Out of curiosity, has Makayla Phillips said anything? 🤔 

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I never thought I would post on a Dillon James fan thread, but here I am! 😅 This post just interested me. My guess is that Arthur and Jonny just haven’t been following Dillon’s career or didn’t care to congratulate him if they have. Just Sam doesn’t seem too active on social media, so maybe that’s why she hasn’t said anything. Out of curiosity, has Makayla Phillips said anything? 🤔 

sam deleted her entire posts from instagram. the few pictures are not related to idol. she doesn't follow anyone. and no id picture. weird.

based on some videos and pictures some of the contestants posted it looked like all three were close friends and hang out together. but seems they don't keep in touch anymore. 

all the rest wrote or posted something which was really nice and showed they are still close. 

• Like 1

I have been trying to get the lyrics of some songs from "Unstable Pride". so here is the lyrics I got from one of my fav songs on the album that he did during solo round in hollywood week. the song is called Tierra dulce. 

Tierra Dulce

I ride alone old desperado

heading toward Montana leaving Colorado

you better know Virginia is on my mind

as the sun  slowly keeps the time

but I only hear the fire crack

as I listen to them howl

falling asleep laying on my back

as I listen to them howl

chorus: 

tierra dulce

tierra dulce